Dead Faint

Dead Faint (DEAD #2)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Waking up to discover you're a vampire then fanting at the sight of your number one food source isn't healthy.

Billie Joyce’s dream visit to New York City turned into a nightmare. Now not only is she one of the living dead, but she has to contend with a know-it-all vampire who wants to tell her how to talk. Not gonna happen!
ebook
Published August 3rd 2012 by Musa Publishing (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Faint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Faint

Emily
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Now, at the beginning of DEAD Faint, I was really confused. I felt like I was thrown into this world with little explanation. I mean, all of a sudden I had three vampire characters who were all connected, seemed to know what was going on while I was clueless, etc. I felt like I missed a book or something. Then, when I found out that this is actually book two of the series, it made sense. This isn't the type of series where each book is pretty...more
Goblin
Posted originally at: Once Upon A Book

Note: I was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Having not read the first part of the Dead series, I wasn't sure if this series of short stories was going to be something I was really going to be interested in. But here it is October so I said to myself, "Sure, let's give a vampire series a go! You've had a long enough rest from the undead supernatural world! Tis the season and all that!" Story one had me from the follow...more
Linda
Billie Joyce Nolan had always wanted to see New York City and once her daddy died from cancer, she sold his house and headed straight there. Coming from small town Wolf Knoll, up in the mountains she got turned around when she exited the fancy department store on her way back to her hotel and ended up in a dark alley where two teens attacked her and left her for dead.........

Daniel Phillips heard Dovey's cry for help and with vampire speed he was at her side in seconds only to discover she had m...more
Harlie Williams
When I was offered to read and review this series I was elated! Well…I was too late to read book 1 but I jumped at the chance to read book 2, Dead Faint. O.M.G. This series is hilarious! I now have the first book. (Highly recommended)

If you are looking for a completely different twist on the whole vampire genre, this series is for you. Its laugh out loud funny, sexy and real. I really felt like I was there in the alleyway when Billie Joyce (BJ) was turned and Daniel coming to her rescue…BJ is th...more
Bj Gaskill
I'm totally IN LOVE with "BJ"!!!!!!
She stub-born,hill-billy and she has a great name :0)

This story is wonderful.....I mean who would of thought of a vampire who faints at blood?
Or Better yet....A pregnant vampire!!!!
Yes..You read that right!

The characters are so lovable..the men actually act like real men....Totally aloof to how to handle their feelings when it comes to women, never there when you REALLY need them, and always think they know better.
Of course the women are stub-born, bitchy, hide...more
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

Check out my blog for the book tour, and the giveaway. Michelle’s Paranormal Vault of Books

Click the banner to go direct to the tour page.

**Adult situations and language, and explicit sexual situations. Not for YA, mature readers only**

This book is as good as the first one, almost. I loved the comedy in it, and loved the return of Dovey and Aaron , as well as Daniel and Rat. I liked that Danil became less stuffy in this book. It did get on my nerves a bit on how hillbilly sounding BJ was. (Bi...more
The Book Tart
Dead Faint is a fast and furiously fun paranormal romance. The story made me grin and I adored the heroine Billie Joyce, a self confessed hillbilly, with a big heart and very colorful language. Billie Joyce meets with trouble when she takes a shortcut down a dark alley in New York and asks the angel she sees as she's dying to help her. Dovey, her rescuer, saves her by changing her into a vampire and Billie Joyce's reaction is classic.

"Ya'll are loonier than a cow after she's been in the thistle...more
Kim
Dead Faint is the second book in the series, and it doesn't loose any of the sarcasm, humor and charm that started in the first book, Dead Awake. It's definitely a page turner! I just couldn't put it down.

BJ's charming country slang had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion, which brought some strange looks my way because I took this book everywhere.

Billie Joyce Nolan is a small town girl that is tired of the country life. When her father passes away she decides to visit the biggest of...more
Dev (ClumsyCoquette)
"Dead Faint" is the second book of the Dead series. I haven't read the first book, but after reading this one I want to. This a novella about Billie Joyce that is a country. She has some sass and isn't afraid to share that with you. I found this book funny in parts and I loved the sarcasm. Sometimes a writer can overplay a certain quality in a character and I was so happy to read that this wasn't done with Billie Joyce. Due to a series of unfortunate events, BJ gets turned into an accidental vam...more
Redheaded Bookworm
A vampire who faints at the site of blood? How can that not be a premise for a great book? I liked the characters, but I didn't really get to know Daniel. This book was just okay for me. If it had been a full length book, it would have been better. This story is 109 pages long. Maybe if I had read the first book, Dead Awake, I would've gotten a little more back story on Daniel. It started out strong, then felt a little rushed but it has great potential. I like the spin Leaf gave to vamps. I like...more
Krystal Willingham
Dead Faint is one of those good vampire novels that you can't put down. The whole Dead Series has turned out to be like that for me. This book had me in stitches when it came to the character Billy Joyce because she reminded me so much of some of the people in the area where I live. I'm from the south and Lizzie has the southern vocab down to an art. I can't wait to see what happens because things got pretty interesting, to say the least, in this installment so who knows what will happen next.
Susan
A vampire that faints at the site of blood...I love it! "Lizzie" pens her characters well developed with a touch drama, humor and sarcasm. "Dead Faint" is a fast read which you will find hard to put down. It was a totally enjoyable and humorous read. Recommended for all vampire/thriller fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Larina
Larina marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
AuthorIsland
AuthorIsland is currently reading it
Nov 29, 2013
Rob Gallaghan
Rob Gallaghan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 02, 2013
Emmi
Emmi marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2013
DeeDee
DeeDee marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Marsha Carmichael
Marsha Carmichael marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Dragonsfire
Dragonsfire marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
192354
Award winning author, Lizzie T. Leaf, started life in Kansas, continued her growing years in North Carolina, and currently shivers through the winters in Colorado. She has numerous e-Books of varying lengths and her first print novel, Struck by Lightning, won dual 2007 Beacon awards. Not a bad track record for a gal who came out of the closet with the dream to write after she turned fifty.
Her curr...more
More about Lizzie T. Leaf...
Dead Awake (DEAD, #1) Dead Hunter Beyond Magic (Magical Love, #1) Struck by Lightning Dead Hot (Dead #5)