Start by marking “Get the F**k to Work” as Want to Read:
Get the F**k to Work

Get the F**k to Work

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Inspired by Adam Mansbach's spoof "Go the F**k to Sleep" comes the perfect book for that other parental type known as the Personnel Manager.

Placating words and promises of promotions don't always send a recalcitrant worker back to their duties. "Get the F**k to Work" is profane, timely, and radically honest. This version of the harried boss' plight satirizes both the all-t
ebook, text-only
Published July 25th 2012 by Saul Tanpepper (first published July 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Get the F**k to Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get the F**k to Work

M. Nicholas
A Solid 3.5 star rating.

Just finished reading this short little spoof of Adam Mansbach's work. Saul Tanpepper amazes me with his abilities to write a short work that made me think of my co-workers and how I wish I could say some of these things directly to their faces....but alas, I just get to pick up this quick work by Saul and smile to help me get through the remainder of my work day. I am becoming a pretty avid fan of Saul Tanpepper and have read about 60% of his works so I could not resist
Melanti
A spoof of Go the Fuck to Sleep but it's a little too derivative and amateurish for my tastes. The illustrations are mostly collages of free clip art found on the internet (attributed in the acknowledgements, so it's legal) and most of the best lines are lifted straight from Go the Fuck to Sleep with just enough modifications to have them make sense in context but not enough modifications to have the verses scan properly.

I'm glad I got it for free but I'm sad I spent so much time on it.
Keely
I enjoyed this short book. Very entertaining. I think everyone who works can relate to this book, and I was definitely agreeing and thinking of co-workers and management as I made my way through each page. The writing style reminded me of Dr. Suess with profanity. Loved it! I'm taking it to work to show a couple of co-workers, and have a laugh before I get the fuck to work. ;-)

P.S. I received this book as a goodreads first read.
Christine Cherry
Last month I won a copy of Get the F**k to Work: The Severe Habits of Highly Ineffective People. I think this book was hilarious! If you have ever worked with other people, you can probably relate to this short story. I'm going to pass this on so someone else can have a good laugh.
Isaac Macfarlane
not funny

This has to be the worst humor book I've read in a long time. This is just horrible attempt at parody.
Michell Jacobsen
I recently won a copy of Get the F**k to Work: The Severe Habits of Highly Ineffective People.

I really enjoyed this quick read. I laughed a lot and I could relate to a lot of the things Saul Tanpepper described in his illustrated dark comedy.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to laugh at all the ways people waste time at work.
Nancy
Hilarious.. even better if you're a slacker like me!
Andre Bergeron
Andre Bergeron is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015
Tiffany Todd
Tiffany Todd is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Deb Sharp
Deb Sharp marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Conal Cochran
Conal Cochran marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Ashley Smith
Ashley Smith marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Laurie Carlson
Laurie Carlson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
  • Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop: And Other Practical Advice in Our Campaign Against the Fairy Kingdom
  • Things I Want to Punch in the Face
  • Ralph Pincus, Occultist Extraordinaire
  • Deliriously Happy: and Other Bad Thoughts
  • Hymnal for Dirty Girls
  • Ganked: Geeked Out Mysteries # 1
  • The Essential Book Blog: The Complete Bibliophile's Toolkit for Building, Growing and Monetizing Your On-Line Book-Lover's Community
  • The Art of Changing the Brain: Enriching the Practice of Teaching by Exploring the Biology of Learning
  • Down Aisle Ten
  • Fag
  • Acid Indigestion Eyes
  • Pot Psychology's How to Be: Lowbrow Advice from High People
  • F***ed Up Fairy Tale News
  • Stockholm: A Novel
Give me a test drive. Request a free title: http://www.tanpepperwrites.com/reques...

For the latest news, events and giveaways, subscribe to the Tanpepper Tidings: https://tinyletter.com/SWTanpepper

Got Kindle? Find me at http://amzn.to/MsYJwO
Got Nook? I'm here http://bit.ly/VpgXlh
Got iTunes? Click this http://bit.ly/QnMoJp
Got Kobo? http://bit.ly/TNIWZX
Do you Smashwords? http://bit.ly/P4SEWi
Sony? ht
More about Saul Tanpepper...
GAMELAND Omnibus (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND Season One Episodes 1-8) GAMELAND: Deep Into The Game (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #1) GAMELAND: Failsafe (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #2) Golgotha GAMELAND: Deadman's Switch (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #3)