Start by marking “Unplanned- A Novella” as Want to Read:
Unplanned- A Novella

Unplanned- A Novella

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A one-night stand leads to an unplanned pregnancy. How will this new turn affect the life of a single woman who is also the church secretary? Her family, her friends, and her employers all have opinions. Is it possible that this one mistake will be the best thing that ever happened to her?
Published July 18th 2012 by Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Unplanned- A Novella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unplanned- A Novella

Megan
As someone who has "lived" this scenario, I found the sentiment of this book highly insulting... I have NO idea when this was set, but given the bigoted attitude, I can only assume it was set in the 1950s... "We are all saddened to hear of your situation and we will be praying for you" What the hell is THAT?? Is that reflective of the AUTHOR's judgmental attitude, or is that really what happens in the church community? Because where I live, we don't have this sort of judgmental bullshit to deal ...more
C.K. Raggio
UNPLANNED by J. Heather Leigh takes on a tough subject that seems to be happening more and more in this day and age. Pregnancy out of wedlock. It only takes one time. One mistake and it will change your life forever.

Leigh does a fantastic job at creating a main character in McKenna that the reader can't help but feel for from the first paragraph in the book. This is a quick read that I breezed through in one sitting. A few reviews talk about the novella being unbelievable when it comes to McKenn
Amanda
This little novella was much better than I expected it to be. I don't often have high expectations for the Kindle freebies I download, unless they are "real" books as digital copies. This book shows how Christians can and (one way, at least) should respond to someone in their congregation with an unplanned pregnancy. I liked the honesty shown in it, the way the characters searched for solutions that were best for everyone involved, and sought God throughout. Of course, being a story (and a short ...more
Laura Fisk
This took me about 45 mins to read. It had me at the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. The characters was relatable. I was totally sucked in the whole time. Once I started reading I didn't want to do anything other than get to the resolution! I cannot wait to see what this author puts out next!
Beth
A nice and realistic story that wasn't afraid to take on a controversial topic. Thank you!
Char (1RadReader59)
I did not really know what to expect when I first downloaded this as a free read. It has taken me a while to get to it. Now that I have I wish I would have sooner this is a very good Christian based short story. As you can tell by the cover its an unplanned pregnancy by Mckenna. She is someone who was a virgin but over drank 1 time blacks out, goes to bed with a man & ends up pregnant. Now if that is not bad enough she is the church secretary with a morality clause in her contract so she cou ...more
Kristina
This is a very quick and sweet read, I just wish it went through a few more rounds of editing.

I am not religious at all and still found the short book to be enjoyable. The book builds slowly, gets interesting and then - ends. I found myself wanting to know more, but overall it was still worth the one hour read :)
Tammy
This book was just O.K. to me. It was a quick read, it only took a few hours to read and was pretty light. I liked to idea of the story but it was VERY predictable and a little too teeny-bopper for me. It reminded me of the type of books I liked to read when I was 13. There were also quite a few editing mistakes, words missing, or repeated, letters missing, however I'm not sure it the hard copy has this issue since I read it on my Kindle. Over all it was an OK book.
P.e.
This was a good christian based short story, about a woman who has a one night stand and becomes pregnant. She thinks her family and others will make it hard for her. But she finds that they are supporting her and that she is the how is lost. She overcomes her own doubts and fears and things start working out for her. A very good book.
Joy
This is a short novella about a church secretary who finds herself pregnant after a drunk one night stand. She finds her job in jeopardy because of the morality clause in her contract. this was a very quick read and I thought it was a good story.
Emily
More of a short story than a book to me. An easy quick read, a little predictable yet fun to read.
Kristy
Apr 18, 2014 Kristy added it
I like this book so far.
Kim Schmitz
I really enjoyed this book I just wished it coulda been longer
Amanda
short and sweet.....a excellent book for a afternoon read.
Lindsay
Jan 04, 2013 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Shelves: pregnant-heroine
Amazon Freebie 01/04/2013
Amanda Stewart
Amanda Stewart marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Christian Romance...: I'm new- hope this is ok 1 16 Aug 01, 2012 08:25AM
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • Leave It to Chance
  • The Winter Wish
  • Accidental Meeting
  • The Road to Mercy
  • The Narrow Path
  • Rally 'Round Green (Green #4)
  • The Mother Road
  • Heart of Gold
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Highland Sanctuary (Highlands #2)
  • High Desert Haven (The Shepherd's Heart, #2)
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • Duping Cupid
  • Last Summer
J.Heather Leigh lives in Western New York where she is a part-time college instructor, a full-time wife and mother, and a wishing-for-more-time writer. As a Christian, she likes to tackle topics such as unplanned pregnancy, infidelity, and single parenting.

Her goals are to:
-reflect the heart of God, the way she sees Him
-demonstrate Christianity in real life situations
-engage and entertain readers
More about J. Heather Leigh...
Betrayal's Wake Seaside Solace A Pine Cove Christmas