Start by marking “Unplanned” as Want to Read:
Unplanned

Unplanned

A one-night stand leads to an unplanned pregnancy. How will this new turn affect the life of a single woman who is also the church secretary? Her family, her friends, and her employers all have opinions. Is it possible that this one mistake will be the best thing that ever happened to her?
Published July 18th 2012 by Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Unplanned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unplanned

Amanda
Aug 20, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
This little novella was much better than I expected it to be. I don't often have high expectations for the Kindle freebies I download, unless they are "real" books as digital copies. This book shows how Christians can and (one way, at least) should respond to someone in their congregation with an unplanned pregnancy. I liked the honesty shown in it, the way the characters searched for solutions that were best for everyone involved, and sought God throughout. Of course, being a story (and a short ...more
Megan
Aug 31, 2012 Megan rated it did not like it
As someone who has "lived" this scenario, I found the sentiment of this book highly insulting... I have NO idea when this was set, but given the bigoted attitude, I can only assume it was set in the 1950s... "We are all saddened to hear of your situation and we will be praying for you" What the hell is THAT?? Is that reflective of the AUTHOR's judgmental attitude, or is that really what happens in the church community? Because where I live, we don't have this sort of judgmental bullshit to deal ...more
C.K. Raggio
Sep 01, 2012 C.K. Raggio rated it really liked it
UNPLANNED by J. Heather Leigh takes on a tough subject that seems to be happening more and more in this day and age. Pregnancy out of wedlock. It only takes one time. One mistake and it will change your life forever.

Leigh does a fantastic job at creating a main character in McKenna that the reader can't help but feel for from the first paragraph in the book. This is a quick read that I breezed through in one sitting. A few reviews talk about the novella being unbelievable when it comes to McKenn
Laura Fisk
Jul 25, 2012 Laura Fisk rated it it was amazing
This took me about 45 mins to read. It had me at the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. The characters was relatable. I was totally sucked in the whole time. Once I started reading I didn't want to do anything other than get to the resolution! I cannot wait to see what this author puts out next!
Margaret Fraleigh
Aug 12, 2012 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
Excellent -
Beth
Aug 14, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
A nice and realistic story that wasn't afraid to take on a controversial topic. Thank you!
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 07, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
I did not really know what to expect when I first downloaded this as a free read. It has taken me a while to get to it. Now that I have I wish I would have sooner this is a very good Christian based short story. As you can tell by the cover its an unplanned pregnancy by Mckenna. She is someone who was a virgin but over drank 1 time blacks out, goes to bed with a man & ends up pregnant. Now if that is not bad enough she is the church secretary with a morality clause in her contract so she cou ...more
Tammy
Aug 23, 2012 Tammy rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This book was just O.K. to me. It was a quick read, it only took a few hours to read and was pretty light. I liked to idea of the story but it was VERY predictable and a little too teeny-bopper for me. It reminded me of the type of books I liked to read when I was 13. There were also quite a few editing mistakes, words missing, or repeated, letters missing, however I'm not sure it the hard copy has this issue since I read it on my Kindle. Over all it was an OK book.
Kristina
Sep 14, 2014 Kristina rated it liked it
This is a very quick and sweet read, I just wish it went through a few more rounds of editing.

I am not religious at all and still found the short book to be enjoyable. The book builds slowly, gets interesting and then - ends. I found myself wanting to know more, but overall it was still worth the one hour read :)
P.e. lolo
Sep 25, 2012 P.e. lolo rated it really liked it
This was a good christian based short story, about a woman who has a one night stand and becomes pregnant. She thinks her family and others will make it hard for her. But she finds that they are supporting her and that she is the how is lost. She overcomes her own doubts and fears and things start working out for her. A very good book.
Jeff Duffey
Aug 13, 2015 Jeff Duffey rated it really liked it
This optimistic story about McKenna's unplanned pregnancy is a well-written, quick read. You discover that women with unplanned pregnancies are sometimes surprised at other's ability to understand and connect with them.
Joy
Jan 26, 2013 Joy rated it liked it
This is a short novella about a church secretary who finds herself pregnant after a drunk one night stand. She finds her job in jeopardy because of the morality clause in her contract. this was a very quick read and I thought it was a good story.
Kristen Turner
Jan 01, 2016 Kristen Turner rated it it was amazing
Quick read but I hate it ended

Great story of our own guilt and God's mercy being shown through His people. Even when we don't expect to receive His mercy and grace he sends it.
Amanda
Apr 16, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
short and sweet.....a excellent book for a afternoon read.
Cindy Rawlings
Oct 04, 2012 Cindy Rawlings rated it really liked it
sweet story
Kim Schmitz
Nov 06, 2012 Kim Schmitz rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book I just wished it coulda been longer
Emily
Sep 15, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
More of a short story than a book to me. An easy quick read, a little predictable yet fun to read.
Lindsay
Jan 04, 2013 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Shelves: pregnant-heroine
Amazon Freebie 01/04/2013
Kristy
Mar 04, 2014 Kristy added it
I like this book so far.
Eb
Eb rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
Angela Morris wilmoth
Angela Morris wilmoth rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2014
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2012
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Megan Dmytryszyn
Megan Dmytryszyn rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2012
Aerykah
Aerykah rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2014
Laura rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Kira Marshall
Kira Marshall rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Stephanie  Bishop
Stephanie Bishop rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christian Romance...: I'm new- hope this is ok 1 18 Aug 01, 2012 08:25AM
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • Leave It to Chance
  • The Road to Mercy
  • Rally 'Round Green (Green #4)
  • The Mother Road
  • Blood of Adam (Generations of Noah #1)
  • Sweet Baklava
  • Journey to Almighty (Journey, #1)
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • Life
  • Last Summer
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
  • The Narrow Path
  • Send Me A Lover
  • Looking For Ward
  • Call me Jane
  • High Desert Haven (The Shepherd's Heart, #2)
  • Wayfarer's Promise
J.Heather Leigh lives in Western New York where she is a part-time college instructor, a full-time wife and mother, and a wishing-for-more-time writer. As a Christian, she likes to tackle topics such as unplanned pregnancy, infidelity, and single parenting.

Her goals are to:
-reflect the heart of God, the way she sees Him
-demonstrate Christianity in real life situations
-engage and entertain readers
More about J. Heather Leigh...