Start by marking “Sleight of Hand (Hart and Drake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sleight of Hand  (Hart and Drake, #2)

Sleight of Hand (Hart and Drake #2)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  585 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
"There's an oath doctors take," Detective Mickey Drake said.
"Primum non noncere," the shrink supplied. "First do no harm."

***

Two months ago Dr. Cassandra Hart was forced to kill a man. The man who murdered her best friend, almost killed Drake and seriously wounded her. Now she's back at work in her Pittsburgh ER, but nothing seems the same.

When she fears that a young boy i
Published March 29th 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Sleight of Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleight of Hand

Jo Ann Reinhold
Jan 20, 2015 Jo Ann Reinhold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in this series and I find it as compelling as the first! I love C.J. Lyons writing style and have read several of her books, I am always ready to grab the next one as soon as I finish!
Hart is facing the loss of everything she holds dear. How do you fight back when your words and actions are under the microscope and are being twisted to be used against you? As Drake fights to finish and close his fathers final case, a cold case where children are the victims, he pulls further away
Stacey
Jul 19, 2012 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continued solid effort from first book. Again, nice to see that romantic characters have to work on a relationship rather than the typical Harlequin Romance style of instant happily-ever-after. Intrique aspect is engaging.
Dick Edwards
Susan
Aug 01, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Another exciting read featuring Hart and Drake. Hart and Drake spend way too much time confused about their relationship. But each has a story with challenges to oevercome.

When she fears that a young boy is being abused by his "perfect" mother, her friends and colleagues worry that she's returned to work too soon, imagining dangers that don't exist. Others accuse her of trying to cover up her own alleged mistakes in the boy's treatment by making a false report of abuse.This was such a frustrati
Courtney
Nov 24, 2014 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Typical CJ Lyons novel.... Suspense ratchets up from the beginning 'til. You have to finish it. Some situations may not be totally realistic, but the book is so intense that it really doesn't matter. If you want perfect, no-stretch stories, stick with non-fiction. I read for entertainment and this book absolutely fills the bill.
D.B. Reynolds
3.5 stars. I like Drake, not sure about Hart. I think she might in the wrong business, or at least the wrong hospital. The plot on this book is similar to the first, with only the details slightly rearranged. I'm hoping her next book will be something different, because the series shows potential.
Bmarieb27
Jan 27, 2015 Bmarieb27 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nookbooks
I enjoyed this second book almost as much as the first one. I am enjoying this series.
Nancy Anderson
Jan 15, 2015 Nancy Anderson marked it as free-e-bk  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 99-e-books
1/15/15
Lindsey Ruppe
May 10, 2015 Lindsey Ruppe rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!
Joan
Jul 17, 2012 Joan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lyons has a very readable writing style; this book held my interest throughout. Again, the grammatical and structural errors were distracting and required frequent looking back to follow the plot and understand the dialogue. Lyons does tend to overstress her themes too - she just about beat the dead horse of trust to death in this one. Hart and Drake's constant back and forth misunderstandings became annoying at times.
It got off to a slow start, but the overall plot did manage to grip me and keep me wanting to read on and finish it to see how it ended. Were the characters believable? No. Was the whole story bordering on the rediculous? Yes. But somehow, despite it all, I couldn't put it down, even though I can't put a finger on why. I enjoyed this book, and I will read the next one too.
Gjbates
4.5 stars. I liked this one a little less than the first book. I think it was because Drake and Hart were apart more in this book with different stories going one. They also were making me crazy with them blaming themselves for what had gone wrong and then blaming each other. I was especially annoyed when Drake believed that Hart still had feelings for her awful ex-husband.
Selenis
Jul 28, 2013 Selenis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
It was hard to wait to finish this one.
I have to say I was surprised - even if it was not surprising - how Drake and Hart grew apart at first.
The whole book had a darker mood than the last one, but things kind of worked out. Not the end I was expecting, nonetheless often in real life what you get is partial justice, at best.
Already starting on book 3!
Alana
Jul 16, 2012 Alana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C.J. Lyons continues the Hart/Drake magic. I have to admit that the beginning of the book didn't have alot of the romance between Hart & Drake that I would have liked, it was very cold between the two of them. However, I understood the circumstances, we all have "stuff" within our relationships.

Overall, great book, great climax and great ending.
Tulay Leonhardt
Jun 08, 2015 Tulay Leonhardt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book.

Loving, caring and crusading characters. But one just completely opposite sycophantic mother. Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy, many innocent children. Also Drake trying to finish his father's case. At the end after so many twists and turns you'll be feeling good about reading this book.
Cindy Jacobson
Nov 03, 2012 Cindy Jacobson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Hart and Drake's series. This time the two had overcome the aftermath from the first book and Hart is trying to save a little boy's life and Drake is trying to solve his father's last case. I like the chemistry between the two main characters and the mystery was good.
Not thrilled where this book went, Hart and Drake were infuriating and annoying. The book finally started to get good half way through. I have to say, Richard is my favorite. I feel out of all the characters he was written well. You hate him and feel bad for him all the same.
Sarah Welch
Oh My Goodness... Just when you think maybe Hart can get her career back on track and maybe get something good going with Drake... More craziness happens. I was very enthralled to see how the drama played out. Reading this one took two days top...
Dean
Sep 15, 2012 Dean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Okay read. Cassie's character is not realistic in the sense that she would be able to continue to practice medicine the way she does. In teal life she wouldn't be able to treat patients while being suspended.
Kimberly Wing
Still trying to give this one a chance. Same as the last adventure, stubborn and a little annoying. I have never read a novel with the phrase, "It was all my fault," written so much.
Kaitlin
Feb 26, 2013 Kaitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Followed the series and was a fun, fast easy read! it was romantic and suspenseful in all the right places. I liked it.
Jana
Jul 31, 2012 Jana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot in whole is good but I believe all the trouble Hart gets into is overdone
Lindsay Ewing
Another great tale of Drake and Heart! I'm eager to read the third book in this series.
Stacy McKitrick
I liked the book okay and I loved that it was set in Pittsburgh.
Marcia
Aug 24, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it
Suspense and romance. Read in one afternoon. Didn't want to stop.
Vicki
Sep 07, 2012 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!!!!! Read all 3 in order. You won't be sorry!!!
Wjsimo
nice suspense fluff
Dee
Jun 30, 2012 Dee marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
.99
  • Fantasy (Visitation 0.5)
  • His Secret Past
  • Prisoner of Love (Brothers in Arms, #8)
  • Before She Dies (Slaughter Creek #0.5)
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Wanting (PAVAD: FBI Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • Dirty Dare: The Rescue (Dirty Dare, #1)
  • Midnight Sun (Grant & Daniels Trilogy #1)
  • Behind the Scenes
  • Risk of a Lifetime
  • Deadly Obsession
  • Lucky Like Us (The Hunted, #2)
  • Rock Bottom (A.J. Palladino, #1)
  • Retribution (Whitney Steel, #2)
  • Shannon Mckenna's McCloud Brothers Bundle: Fade to Midnight, Behind Closed Doors, Standing in the Shadows, Out of Control, Edge of Midnight, Extreme Danger & Ultimate Weapon
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • Her Secret Bodyguard
  • Lone Star Surrender
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-nine novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Two times winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "r
More about C.J. Lyons...

Hart and Drake (4 books)
  • Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1)
  • Face to Face (Hart and Drake, #3)
  • Eye of the Storm (Hart and Drake #4)