Start by marking “For Us and For Our Salvation” as Want to Read:
For Us and For Our Salvation

For Us and For Our Salvation

Often caricatured, so-called 'limited atonement' is the doctrine that Jesus came definitely to save those particular people given to him by his Father. In a clear and comprehensive overview, Lee Gatiss examines the biblical and doctrinal case for this controversial teaching, explores key moments in its historical development, and expounds its implications for ministry ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by The Latimer Trust

To ask other readers questions about For Us and For Our Salvation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Us and For Our Salvation

Peter N.
Apr 10, 2015 Peter N. rated it really liked it
An excellent, brief introduction to limited atonement. It is the first place I have found a clear explanation of hypothetical universalism and the role it played in the Westminster debates, as well as separating it from Arminianism. Nothing here is really new, but it is clear and helpful. He is a calm writer, throwing light, but not too much heat. He encourages charity and does not overreach. He also cites numerous authors both older and more recent.
Jason
Dec 13, 2012 Jason rated it really liked it
This book has many strengths, one of which is its brevity. For such a short book, it covers the ground well both exegetically and historically. This makes it a good introduction to the topic of 'limited atonement.'

Gatiss defends limited atonement as a biblical doctrine with beneficial pastoral applications. At the same time, he is charitable toward Christians who take a different view.

I'm grateful for his labors!
Joel Griffis
Mar 17, 2014 Joel Griffis rated it liked it
Approaches the issue differently than I would in some places, and spends a considerable amount of time on questions that I don't particularly care about (like the Anglican confessional perspective), but overall a pretty solid treatment.
Timothy Bertolet
May 20, 2013 Timothy Bertolet rated it really liked it
Helpful introduction to the doctrine of limited atonement. This covers an overview of the text, the theological doctrine and a brief history surrounding it. It is a helpful introduction to the topic and its significance.
Ewan Jones
Ewan Jones rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Lucas Bradburn
Lucas Bradburn rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Karl Kuhn
Karl Kuhn rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Jack
Jack rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016
John
John rated it it was ok
May 03, 2015
Herman
Herman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Jeanie
Jeanie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Tony Villatoro
Tony Villatoro marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
David Morgan
David Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Andy Mckinney
Andy Mckinney marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016