Start by marking “Kindle Fire Owner's Manual: The ultimate Kindle Fire guide to getting started, advanced user tips, and finding unlimited free books, videos and apps on Amazon and beyond” as Want to Read:

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  562 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Finally ... a quick, easy reference to using your Kindle Fire - to the max! Amazon's Kindle Fire is the handiest, best-value digital device available, and is your portal to an infinite universe of education and entertainment. This easy-to-use guide shows you how to get the biggest bang from your Kindle bucks. You'll see how to quickly set up your Kindle, navigate the touch ...more
Paperback, 1, 154 pages
Published July 14th 2012 by Weber Books (first published June 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kindle Fire Owner's Manual, please sign up.

Kimberly Baczynski I don't know how to delete them yet - new owner. But if you drag down from top of screen, go to settings, storage, then archive, you archive them and…moreI don't know how to delete them yet - new owner. But if you drag down from top of screen, go to settings, storage, then archive, you archive them and send to the cloud to free up storage space on your device(less)

LILIA
Dec 27, 2015 LILIA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the whole manual

I chose this rating as it is a comprehensive manual that provides answers rather than generating questions as most manuals sadly do. Although the Kindle Fire is mainly an ereader, the other features are fully explored and explained in the manual. Easy to read and good orientation of the product capabilities.
Jessie Rosson

Was either too simplistic or out of the box irrelevant. Spent too much time explaining how apps, other websites, and other software works.
Ronald. D. Johnson
I skimmed the manual and now want to read thoroughly. It appears to have been very well written,but I have missed an index I can refer to; this may be because of my skimming. Certainly I recommend this product.

I skimmed the manual, found it an easy read and would the manual to other Kimble owners.

A worth while expenditure of time. What I didn't like was the requirement so many words of commendation.

j b compton
Jul 04, 2016 j b compton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very useful manual to keep as a reference

I really liked this book because it explains what the icons are for and how to get the maximum use of them. Steve explains different websites to go to that are helpful and why they are so helpful. He does not assume you have previous experience with the Kindle Fire and does not talk down to you. I will be keeping this as a Reference in my Library
Jean Rutt
May 12, 2015 Jean Rutt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Understandable manual/guide for kindle fire

Very comprehensive. Looked at other manuals that didn't get to the real nitty gritty. I could figure out the basics on my own, but wanted an efficient way to learn about all of the kindle extras. I was amazed at what the kindle has to offer. I would recommend this manual without reservation.
Linda Boyer
May 05, 2015 Linda Boyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent primer

I found this to be an excellent and clear guide to getting more out of my Kindle FIre. It is by no means a comprehensive guide but I found it excellent on what it covers. Might be a little out of date with a few app picks, and what appear to be links don't seem to go anywhere. Overall a big thumbs up.l
Dave Markel
Kindle fire owners manual by Steve weber

An o.k. book only flaws I found are that I wasted a lot of time trying to download calibre and some other programs/-apps. Only. To find that they need to be put on a computer and cannot directly download to the KINDLE a little confusing. Other info was pretty standard stuff.
Kamilla Diamond
It's ok

I would have thought it would be on the kindle when I bought it. I only came across the book accidentally on Amazon. I am not computer literate but this was helpful learning about music and pictures. Although I do wish they had one specifically for my kindle .
Alana Hart
Feb 13, 2016 Alana Hart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding resource!

Of all the books I've read since I received my Kindle Fire 7" tablet last week, this is by far the most comprehensive book I've read. I have bookmarked several pages for future reference. This should be the book everyone starts with.
Marissa
Good General Overview

This is a simple read targeted for less tech savvy people like me. Straightforward, but a bit dated as this was published in 2012/2013 I believe. The author recommended several useful apps that I will definitely check out.
Sharon
Feb 15, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindle fire owner manual

Kindle fire owner manual

great info on how to use your kindle fire device, plus suggestions on what or what not to buy for it, and where to get it. I like that it gives you options besides Amazon.
Asneth Brown
Jan 22, 2015 Asneth Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read

An eye opener. I now understand a lot more than before. A must read for all kindle fire owners. Google play is now clear. Was always why I couldn't access. Will now try the other options recommended. Good Job Steve!
Terena
Mar 13, 2016 Terena marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Research

I realize a lot of hard work went into the creation of this manual. I found so many useful sites and invaluable information on how to set up more complex (to me) applications. There were also suggestions on equipment like covers, screen protection, speakers and more.
Diane Barrett
Nov 05, 2015 Diane Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I wish I had known about this book when I purchased my Kindle Fire HD, I spent days making mistakes. Now I feel relatively equipped to manage and enjoy my device, many thanks
Jo Ann Main
May 28, 2016 Jo Ann Main rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was extremely helpful.

5 star rating. Written so that non techies can understand it.

I liked the index that I can use as. I need.
Enough said.
Thanks.

Mandy Bobbitt
Kindle Fire.

I was given the Kindle Fire and need help in using it
I find it difficult to find subjects and need more time to fairly review it.
Fair , right now.
Garret L Van Seters
Excellently written and very clear and helpful

I found the very helpful it helped me get more out of my kindle. I highly recommend this book. Good Read
Jeremy McCormick
Dec 28, 2015 Jeremy McCormick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learned a few new things

Relevant content. Helpful tips for a new android user. Good suggestions for content outside of Amazon. Worth the time to read.
Jim Mccullen
Dec 26, 2015 Jim Mccullen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great manual for the Kindle

I picked up some great tips from this book. If you got a Kindle Fire for Xmas grab a copy of this book.
Sandra Williams
Mar 19, 2015 Sandra Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great help

I found this book extremely helpful. It covers just about everything you can think of and then some. Great book!
Logan Williams
Jan 04, 2016 Logan Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fine

As a more experienced Kindle user, this wasn't for me, however, if you just got your device, this is excellent.
Melissa Flagg
Jan 11, 2015 Melissa Flagg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I learned so much about my kindle reading this. More things to do with it than I ever knew! Thank you!
sally fiehrer
Dec 02, 2015 sally fiehrer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too long!!

Really long more info than I'll ever use!! But as I become more familiar I may!! Better to cover more than less info.
Dewese Milstead
Feb 03, 2015 Dewese Milstead rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Tips

Good for all new Kindle users. All those things you need to know can be found right here. Read it.
Ellen
Jan 24, 2013 Ellen rated it really liked it
OK, I'm a techno dope. I got my Kindle Fire for Christmas in 2011 and I've read several ebooks on it and at times, have used it to read my email. I knew it could do much more but needed help in figuring it out. I'm so glad I bought this book! It's easy to follow, with step-by-step instructions for the basic functions and downloading helpful apps. It reinforced what I knew and taught me lots that I didn't know. Best of all, it introduced me to another site for free Kindle books--the author's blog ...more
Richard Doss
Great Introduction

This is a very good inter to the Kindle. Very concise, clear and loaded with great information to add to your enjoyment of your Kindle.
Jan
Feb 04, 2015 Jan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished this book today. So sorry I didn't read it years ago when I got my first Kindle Fire. Lots of information, simply stated, and well organized on how to exploit some of the power of this great little device!

I started reading this about a month ago. Wish I'd had it when I first got the Kindle! Am even picking up a few previously unknown, to me, tips!
Rachel
Aug 21, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads

I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads. For anyone who is thinking of getting a Kindle Fire, this is definitely the book for you. It was great for someone like me since I'm not very tech-savvy. With step-by-step instructions, it was easy to learn how to use a Kindle Fire to its fullest advantage. I had thought a Kindle was just for reading eBooks, there is so much more than that to these devices that I didn't know before reading this book.
Lourdes
Aug 28, 2012 Lourdes rated it it was amazing
If you have or are thinking of getting a Kindle Fire this book is definitely very useful. Nowadays, techie gadgets don't come with instructions so you are more or less left with guessing and many hours of (fun) trial and error. Even then you still won't know things like, "secret tips, tricks and shortcuts" (from the back cover) until someone else tells you!
You paid good money for your Kindle, so learn how to make the most of it.
Robin Conley
Mar 02, 2013 Robin Conley rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. This book was pretty basic. There wasn't anything I hadn't easily figured out already from my natural use of the Kindle Fire already. That being said, I do think this book would be helpful for anyone who isn't tech savvy. It had some nice images to help guide the reader, and it clearly explained everything. As I said, though, it is mostly stuff that isn't too hard to figure out.
  • The Dallas Cowboys: The Outrageous History of the Biggest, Loudest, Most Hated, Best Loved Football Team in America
  • Why We Are Here: Mobile and the Spirit of a Southern City
  • W.W.W.O.M. Witches, Wizards and Winks?...Oh My!
  • Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)
  • Stubby Pencil Noodlehead
  • Kindle free for all: how to get millions of free kindle books and other free content
  • The Catholic Bible Concordance for the Revised Standard Version
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Wild Space, Vol. 1
  • Guruji: A Portrait of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois Through the Eyes of His Students
  • Prepare
  • The Top 10 Distinctions Between Entrepreneurs and Employees
  • The Kickstarter Handbook: Real-Life Success Stories of Artists, Inventors, and Entrepreneurs
  • Metamorphosis: Three Fantastic Stories of Strong Women and the Transforming Power of Love
  • Naked Brain

“Amazon’s Kindle Fire is a very affordable tablet computer. It runs on the Android operating system and,” 0 likes
“ubiquitous” 0 likes