Start by marking “The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3)

The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  29,736 Ratings  ·  4,891 Reviews
Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.

She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.

She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.

Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.

Retribution
Published November 4th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Retribution of Mara Dyer, please sign up.

S. Alek Stormborn Yup, it's been pushed back a million times... I hope it actually will come out this November!!
If they push it back one more time I will go to the…more
If they push it back one more time I will go to the publishers and make them sell me a copy x)
(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
16th out of 2,667 books — 15,916 voters
YA Novels of 2014
8th out of 1,526 books — 8,805 voters

More lists with this book...

Chellee
Dec 31, 2014 Chellee rated it liked it
After the cliffhanger, I sat like this for about twenty minutes, more or less.

description

FRIGGIN HODKIN WHY?!?! And Noah? Noah, NOAH, NOAH, NOAH!!!!!! UGHUGH.
COME ON, now I have to wait a whole year. Brb, sobbing still.

Kat O'Keeffe
Feb 07, 2015 Kat O'Keeffe rated it liked it
JUNE 2014!? Nooo, the waiting... *dies*

NOVEMBER 2014 ALKJSDFL:KJSDF

It's almost here...
Amina
UPDATE!
Loving the cover! AND WE HAVE A DATE! just the blurb to go then, not long till THE BOOK IS FINALLY MINE! MUHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW..*cough cough*
******

LOVE THE TITLE; well we know what that will look like...

Is it too early to be thinking about Movie casts?? Heck.
My choice for Noah;
Douglas Booth

OR Max Irons

I agree Max irons is waay sexier but then Douglas Booth is a Brit...

So to put my mind off of that GODAWFUL cliffhanger, I've decided to share these quotes and fanmade jewels :)

--The unbecomi
Deelirious
Nov 20, 2014 Deelirious rated it it was amazing

It's over..

description

And I don't know what to do with my life right now. I need help.
Do not have any coherent thoughts at the moment. Be back. Bye.

No, srsly. This book was FANTASTIC! Like vavabooommmm baby!!!

And Michelle ..

*****

THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS COVER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAY WHUT ?????????

noun \ˌre-trə-ˈbyü-shən\
Definition of RETRIBUTION 1: recompense, reward 2: the dispensing or receiving of reward or punishment especially in the hereafter 3: something given or exacted in recompense
Raeleen Lemay
May 12, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
UGH WHYYYYY

I have no idea how to rate or review this book, because I really enjoyed some parts, but overall it was just BAD. LIKE REALLY BAD.

things I liked:

-Jamie
-Jamie referencing The Hunger Games and Harry Potter a few times
-the last line was good, it made the story feel like a full circle (sort of)

things I disliked:

-Mara did insane things and nobody really seemed to care
-Mara didn't act like the same character AT ALL.
-THE ENTIRE PLOT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS BEING PUNK'D. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL?
Joie
Jan 16, 2013 Joie marked it as to-read
adljfhlasdfhalkdflasjdh THAT COVER <333

Josephine
Jan 23, 2015 Josephine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
After reading:
It was good, that's all I can say :)

Release date:
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now two years of waiting are done!!! It's OUT! And I have it :D

Pre release date:

THE

H E L L

IS

THIS

Hodkin whatever you think you're doing, don't you effing dare.
Dont. You. DARE.

(view spoiler)
ily (trk spoilers)
RESEÑA CON SPOILERS Y MUCHO SARCASMO

Qué decepción. La trilogía de Michelle Hodkin solía ser una de mis preferidas, pero desde que releí los dos primeros libros, empecé a notar actitudes desagradables en los personajes principales, y mi amor por la trilogía disminuyó bastante. Quizá se deba a que estoy creciendo, y ya los libros young adult no significan tanto para mí. El punto es que estaba ansiosa por leer la conclusión de esta trilogía, por la cual Michelle nos hizo esperar tanto. Si mal no
Katerina
Dec 28, 2015 Katerina rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
“The villain is the hero of her own story.No one thinks they're a bad person.Everyone has reasons for doing what they do.”

Don't they say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions?Protect the world,protect those you love,protect yourself?I just finished a story about teenage mutants with superpowers and a history of mental illnesses who were tortured in the name of science but the only thing I can think of is that in the end I didn't know who was the hero and who was the villain.The
Matilda
Jan 16, 2013 Matilda marked it as to-read
OH MY GOD. THAT COVER, THE PLOT. MY LIFE. I NEED HELP PLEASE. MEDICATION OF SOME SORT THAT WILL KNOCK ME OUT AND WAKE ME UP THE DAY THIS BOOK ARRIVES AT MY HOUSE.

The fact that they would even ...

My sanity is truly in the hands of Michelle Hodkins! I'm about this > [| close to snapping. THERE'S BEEN A MISTAKE. That's the only reasonable explanation. The release date should say 1/16/13 9:50:11.5 , which is about ... NOW!

I CAN'T EVEN. ALL THESE FEELS!

Check out my rant? http://characterized
inactive
Jul 15, 2015 inactive marked it as to-read
I wanted to read this so badly but as the publication date got pushed further and further back, I pretty much forgot everything that happened in the first two books. -_-
Ferdy
Spoilers

This had the potential to be an amazing read, the heroine was on the verge of going full on crazy/vengeful and the mystery/WTFery was getting really good. Sadly, it ended the way most YA PNR usually does with nonsensical non-answers and a speshul snowflake heroine who thinks she's a badarse but is actually just a boy-obsessed-twit who gets her sappy-speshul-snowflake ending. Ugh.

-The plot didn't consist of much, most of it was repetitive. The first 75% or so was just Mara/Jamie/Stella go
Evie
Nov 03, 2014 Evie rated it it was amazing
Hands down, best book/series finale I have ever read. Fucked up. Insane. Gutting. Tragic and beautiful. So good! SO GOOD people!!!
Andrea
Corrin B
Nov 25, 2012 Corrin B rated it it was amazing
Daiane
Actual Rating: 4.5

"Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.
Except that when I want it, it should".

Don't be afraid my friend, the end is not bad. It is not too fast and in my opinion, it was carefully staged.

"The villain is the hero of her own story. No one thinks they’re a bad person. Everyone has reasons for doing what they do".

I must confess that I was scared with the ending arriving. I actually thought that there was a fourth book that I didn't k
Brandi
"The villain is the hero of her own story.'

The conclusion to Mara's story was full of twist and turns, shocking reveals and thankfully everything is wrapped up surprisingly well. In The Evolution of Mara Dyer the author introduced side story, that honestly had me in a constant state of confusion, but in this fast paced, eerie finale, everything is cleared up.

description

I don't think it is really possible to review this without spoilers, so I am not really going to try. I will say it was a bit creepy, an
Rachel E. Carter
Nov 11, 2014 Rachel E. Carter rated it it was amazing
description

Well this book made me cry. Three -THAT'S RIGHT- three times. Well done, Michelle. That said, all my predictions were wrong and I am a little bit bummed they didn't play out. I was so convinced from book one that the brother Daniel was actually terrorizing his sister, or that she had never woken up/left the hospital/Noah wasn't real. This book was all over the place. I feel a little lost from all the crazy plot lines (throughout the series), but I love Michelle's writing style so I don't really
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
Holy crap.. The beginning and the end are intense. Middle is a little less exciting, but it sets up the story nicely because you know Michelle is going to pull something out of her bag of magic tricks and twist everything around. Can I say how more violent and gruesome this one is? *shudders* There's a particular scene with an eyeball and I just couldn't fathom what happened. There wasn't even any details of that scene, just that the character lost the eye. I don't even want to know how.

The chap
Sofii♡
Apr 02, 2016 Sofii♡ rated it it was amazing
“As I was saying. He could never use you. You own him. You should’ve seen the way he was looking at you while you were out.”
I smiled a little. “How?”
“Like you’re the ocean and he’s desperate to drown.”

A MASTERPIECE ! INTENSE, DEEP AND DARK

So long time a saga did not interfere so much in my heart and soul like this one

description

It has been a unique journey into a world that Michelle Hodgkin has created, where at times I have completely forgotten the fact that it is actually in the real world as every day.
Fenia
OH MY GOD. THIS. MINDBLOWING. I just. This book is creepier and more thrilling than the other books. Its a masterpiece. Usually book 3 in a trilogy is the worst book,but this one is the best.

Where should i begin? From the constant fangirl mentions? Like the Hunger Games reference or the Harry Potter one or or the Lord of the Rings?? Michelle gets us.

Lets talk about the freakiness and creepiness. Like. I almost screamed in public. And the faces i was making.... I was ridiculed :P Anywayyy since
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Wallflower Addict*
UPDATE: It's really happening, they're releasing excerpts and shit!

NOVEMBER 4TH IS TOMORROW!!!

You can read an excerpt from The Retribution of Mara Dyer here

When I read the first line of it, I was like this:

GOOSEBUMPS!!!

*****************************************

I'm very, very sad!!! I love this series and the release date keeps getting pushed further and further away! Dear author, please just release the darn book! I'm begging you!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

WAIT A MINUTE

¿NOVEMBER 2014?

Jamie-leigh Haughn
Apr 07, 2015 Jamie-leigh Haughn rated it really liked it
I'm not sure why so many people were so disappointed with this conclusion. I actually thought it was quite good! While it was a bit slower than the first two books, I still found it to have that creepy vibe and the story all came together for me in the end. My main issue with this book was that there were too many of the "before" parts and I wasn't a fan of that story line. Overall this is a great series! I listened to it via Audible and I thought it made great audiobooks!
Whitney Atkinson
Nov 08, 2014 Whitney Atkinson rated it liked it
UPDATE 11/8/14
Lowered my rating to 3 stars

REVIEW 11/5/14
so many loose ends :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am about to go mental
WHEN DOES THIS BOOK COME OUT????

goodreads says june 4th but michelle's website says october??
somebody help i'm drowning

EDIT 2/11/14:
The release date moved to November.

And my thoughts are this:

The first time that Michelle moved the release date from October to June, she used it on the behalf that she didn't like it and wanted to redo/perfect it. I was really upset, but then I r
This was a bit of a confusing end to the series, and I really struggled at points to work out what was going on.
Mara was just a bit nuts in this book, and the body count kept rising. I really did question how many people she was going to kill, and she was far too handy with that scalpel.

The storyline in this was all over the place. First they were in a lab, then they were escaping, then they were travelling to who knows where to do who knows what. I found this book quite confusing really, especi
April
Nov 01, 2015 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I don't know what to say! It wasn't my favourite in the series and I'm still a bit confused about some things but I love the characters SO MUCH let's be real
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
Update:

SO NOW IT FREAKING SAYS 4TH NOVEMBER
WHAT ARE U DOING? PLAYING BASEBALL WITH ME.. WHAT WHAT WHATTTTTTT....
I AM NOT HAPPYYYY.. I AM THE OPPOSITE OF HAPPY..

2014 ... FREAKING 2014....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I CLEARLY REMEMBER THAT IT WAS DUE IN OCTOBER 2013... NOT JUNE 2014....

DO U WANT TO KILL ME .. HA...??? CZ THAT IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.....

AWWDTHVJIJLOTHRFSDADASDASXAVXXVGHHGHH..... AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
I JUST I CANNOT. WHAT. HELP ME.

photo dead1_zps09aryrwr.gif

GOODBYE WORLD NICE KNOWING YOU. THIS BOOK KILLED ME THEN I CAME BACK TO LIFE AND THEN KILLED ME AGAIN. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER.
Traduzione del terzo libro di Mara Dyer 1 3 Mar 17, 2016 08:05AM
We ♥ YA Books! : The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 3 16 Oct 26, 2015 05:19AM
Would you want to turn the Mara Dyer trilogy into a movie? 25 155 Sep 04, 2015 06:42AM
Addicted to YA: The Retribution of Mara Dyer 14 214 Jul 21, 2015 06:11PM
RETRIBUTION DISCUSSION 42 323 Jun 14, 2015 09:19PM
Words Breathe Life: The Retribution of Mara Dyer 1 12 Feb 24, 2015 03:20PM
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Let the Storm Break (Let the Sky Fall, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • The Treatment (The Program, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Out of Control
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
Michelle Hodkin is the author of the Mara Dyer Trilogy, which was a New York Times, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly bestselling series. The trilogy, which includes The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer, was described as “haunting and dreamlike” by Cassandra Clare and “darkly funny, deliciously creepy, and genuinely thoughtful” by Veronica Roth. ...more
More about Michelle Hodkin...

Mara Dyer (3 books)
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)

“Do not find peace. Find passion.” 554 likes
“Je t'aime. Aujourd'hui. Ce soir. Demain. Pour toujours. Si je vivais mille ans, je t'appartiendrais pour tous. Si je vivais mille vies, je te ferais mienne dans chacune d'elles.

I love you. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever. If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If I were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
497 likes