Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  15,698 ratings  ·  1,602 reviews
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party gi...more
Published April 30th 2013 by HarperTeen

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
38th out of 1,464 books — 10,136 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
68th out of 2,479 books — 12,487 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam
Update: Awwwesssssssomeeeeee! Love Kaidan so much <3

A SEQUEL!

YES, YES, YES!

No release date?

description

UPDATE: OMG! YAY! IT'S BEING PUBLISHED!!!!!!
description

IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE. IWANTKAIDANROWE.

Ida
FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Call on a battalion of firefighters because I think this book just set my whole being on fire!

Here in our country we are currently experiencing an epic case of heat wave, but dammit, it wasn't the thing that got me sweating an entire ocean!

Seriously, THIS. BOOK. IS. HOTTER. THAN. THE. SUMMER. SUN.

And I think I just died of heat stroke and went straight up to heaven, because that's the only reason I can think of me feeling this kind of extreme elation!

THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SP...more
Jennifer Armentrout
The followup to Sweet Evil is amazing and seductive. And Kai...? Swoon
Monica :)
After reading
Yes, three stars and you'll know why. I didn't feel like anything really happened or maybe it's just me but seeing Anna again was really refreshing. She's changed but she's still like the Anna we met in Sweet Evil.

Review is under construction.

Edit 11/6/12
IT HAS A COVER!

Anna looks so ..so much like a bad girl. Look at her face and I never imagined her wearing black. Kaidan has a innocent look going on ...oh the feels. THE FEELS.

Dear publishers,

Me and other lovely and awesome read...more
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
I stand here as a woman of 28years old, crying like a friken lunatic because I need this book.

I think I am in need of serious psychiatric help!

Hurry up hurry up hurry up!

Photobucket
Nyrae Dawn
Beautiful, well written, exciting follow-up to Sweet Evil. I can't wait until everyone can read it.

Oh and two words.

Kaidan Rowe.

Enough said ;)
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

Initial Reation:

This book should never be a consideration, just a definite yes, yes, and YES.

description

Give The Sweet Evil trilogy a chance. The first book did not disappoint and imagine just how freaking unbelievable this one is going to be!?

description

Yeah, I know! I'm rooting for Wendy Higgins and all my favourite characters here :) Get it, girl!

My Review

This book could have been better. I say this because Sweet Evil was the book that I pimped everywhere. I can't say that I will be doing the same with Sweet P...more
Sandra
Meet Kaidan Rowe...

53da1a21 fb0e 436e 92e6 aeab74ade17d zpsed10de16

Who is he?

The main drummer in a band

tumblr loz9is Y6661qd36g7o1 500

Desired by all the girls

Loved by his fans

But he's also an 18 year old boy and the son of Pharzuph, who's the duke of Lust.

And against the rules, Kaidan fell for a half angel-half demon girl, who's the daughter of Belial - the Duke of substance abuse (e.g alcohol, drugs, etc).

Meet Anna Whitt...

556c24c8 c725 4553 9ec7 3e9cf056c25b zps57be01e7

Who is she?

A good 17 year old girl who is turning bad ever since the boy she loved left her. She is struggling to resist the temptations, but is s
Danny
Read full Review at Bewitched Bookworms

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Heartbreak
By the end of Sweet Evil we were up for a dangerous heartbreak as we all know wondered how Kai and Anna could be together, ever. so, with the beginning of Sweet Peril we are already sad and heartbroken and .. Anna’s pure little heart is no less broken and sad. The whole story of Sweet Evil centers around 2 major important plots and one of them is definitely the epic love between the Demon Son and the Angel Daughter. Evil and Pure – how can they...more

CAN'T WAIT!

Sweet Evil was one of my favorite reads of 2012

EDITED

Wendy just posted this on her website

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This just happened

So, I'm like this

And this

A gazillion stars!!!

Sweet Peril live up to its successor, Sweet Evil. Anna's journey still rich, heartbreaking, passionate and funny.

On this second installment we learn more about the Nephs' story, we got to see the characters we learn to love struggle with what they are, and witness the c...more
Ta§chima Cullen
"Traveling the world in search of possibly hostile Neph and eluding murderous Dukes seemed like a piece of cake in comparison to trying to be a good girl in the arms of Kaidan Rose"

description

Holy damn. Sweet Mercy is what this book should have been called. I am not going to lie, this is a hot piece of novel. Be beware: this book is prone to make the person reading take short and shallow breaths. But there are as many cons as there are pros, sad to say.

Let's get the cons out of the way first. Big con? The...more
Eileen
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

After the big kaboosh that was Sweet Evil, you expect Sweet Peril to be even a bigger kaboosh, or at least not fall prey to Second Book Syndrome. Luckily, Sweet Peril did all of those things.

Anna Whitt, our protagonist, resident nice, innocent girl, is surprisingly not what I expected her to be. Yes, I read the first book and I got a fair glimpse of who she was as a person, but her innocence act eventually started to make me w...more
Meli
SDFGHJKLKJHGFDSDFGHJKLKJHGFDSFGHJKLLKJHGFDSDFGHJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK! I AM ALRIGHT! *freaks out* I NEED this book NOW!! I am literally hyperventilating about this...this book NEEDS to be RELEASED!!

KAIDAN I LOVE YOU!!...I WANT THIS BOOK WITH PASSION!! T__T

SO I´ll patiently wait, I might cry a little...but I´ll wait.
Victoria Scott
There are very few trilogies in which the second book is as strong as the first. Even fewer where the second book blows the first book to kingdom come. Well, folks, SWEET PERIL plants Wendy Higgins's series firmly in the latter category.

Knowing full well that SWEET EVIL was one of my favorite paranormal romance novels, I knew Higgins had her work cut out if she wanted to impress this girl--but impress she did. SWEET PERIL is chock full of steaminess, excitement extraordinaire, and an ending pow...more
Lucia

I was amazed by writing, captivated by story and mesmerized by characters. I LOVED IT! This book is about love and hatred, hope and despair, sins and humanity. Sweet Peril is much more than just ordinary paranormal story. Without exaggerating I can say that this series is definitely the best one when it comes to fallen angels (or angels in general) stories!

My Kaiden:

My Anna:

Anna is not this naive girl we knew in previous book anymore. Story is set couple of months after events in Sweet Evil, Ann...more
Anushka
Oh Sweet Lord!!!!!
I can't believe it!

I'm dancing!!! <3

Kaidan! Kaidan! Kaidan! Yayyy! I want him now! NOW!

I. Want. Him. Now.

Why, oh why so late? :(

EDIT :
WHATTTTTTTT! THE NAME CHANGED! OH MY GOD!
I liked Sweet Hope. :|
But Sweet Peril is nice too! Can't wait for the book anymore!

EDIT :

NEW COVERR!!!!! <3 <3 <3
OH SWEET LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It. Is. So. Awesome.
I. Want. It. Now. Now.

Awesome cover Wendy! Hats off! I like the darkness, sort of foreshadows a lot....more
Andreea Pop
10/26/2012: It has a freaking cover! And I absolutely adore it! Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Countdown for more Kai begins in three... two... one... IWANTSWEETPERIL! IWANTSWEETPERIL! IWANTSWEETPERIL!

Bring out the teasers, Wendy! Let's roll.

UPDATE March 2013
I've just read the prologue and first chapter.
Talk about a damn teaser...
I'm loosing it.
Who wouldn't really? Especially after somebody mentiones someone.
I mean it.
I know you do, self!
I'm going crazy.
You already are, self. Congrats on th...more
Booknut
'"I need you to be serious."

His blue eyes scorched me. "Oh, I've never been more serious." He leaned his face down to mine, and I wrenched my head to the side.
"You're trying to distract me."
His lips skimmed my neck. "I've no clue what you mean."

Oh, his voice.

"I'm serious," I said, hoping I sounded stronger than I felt.
We have unfinished business, Kai."

He turned my head back to face him and breathed his next words against my mouth. "Oh I'd say we have quite a bit of unfinished business, little A
Carmen
Oct 16, 2012 Carmen marked it as to-read
Update #2: So now the name is Sweet Peril? HMMM. At least it's picked up for publishing now! :D

UPDATE:

WAIT. THEY. DELETED. THE. PUBLISHING. DATE. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. >:(

EXCUSE ME PUBLISHERS, BUT HOW CAN YOU BE DENYING US FANS FOR MORE KAIDAN ROWE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCETABLE, I DEMAND A RELEASE DATE THIS INSTANT. LIKE NOW, LIKE IN THE NEXT 1 SECOND.

HUMPH. HUMPH.

PLEASE GIVE US SWEET HOPE!!!!!!
*praying to pretty much every god you can think of*

**********

YESSSSSS!!!

WAIT. WHAT?! 2013.

-_____-

HUM...more
Jackie
[image error]

And I don't know if you can swear on here or not but....

Jolene Perry
Okay, so I think SO often the second book in a series lets you down, this was DEFINITELY not the case with Sweet Hope.
The tension was incredible.
Kaidan was just as hot, if not MORE so.
Not kidding.
This book had some great twists and turns, and I can't wait to see what'll happen in number three...
Anna
The buddy read continues and yes Anna and Lisa Jayne are still fighting off the forces of evil ...

❤️
Sam
This book goes beyond 5 stars...it's Treasure!!!

The author has a magical way of keeping you interested and intrigued; her storytelling just sparkles...it's mesmerizing!! Oh my, the characters are Unforgettable and will keep you spellbound! I LOVED every minute of it!! *cries for more*
Wendy Higgins has out did herself once more *applauds*
I'm SO looking forward to the next installment.
Rate this book: ABSOLUTE TREASURE

Edited 5/1/13

Merita

THAT WAS

description

I LOVED IT!!! I love the way Wendy Higgins writes. When I read her books I am so into the book, I have no idea what is happening around me. I feel like I am in the book along with the other characters.

Another reason I love Wendy Higgins as a writer is because I feel the connection between the characters. I feel the love between Anna and Kaidan. It's like I can feel what Kopano is feeling towards Anna. I feel the protectiveness that Duke Belial has towards Anna.

I'm not very good with w
Karen (BookishWonders)
Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡ Kaiden♡
Darkshadow
Aug 18, 2012 Darkshadow marked it as to-read

Can I have this book and a Kaidan, please?
Erin
This was one of the most-anticipated sequels of 2013 for me, and once I started reading it I could not put it down!! Did this second installment live up to the suspense and romance that made Sweet Evil so addicting? My answer would be a very enthusiastic "hell yes!!"

Six months since she last saw the boy she loved, Anna is no longer the sweet little naïve thing she once was; a broken heart and the realization that there are huge changes coming have thickened her skin and hardened her resolve to...more
Krista (Nawanda Files)
I'm officially obsessed with this series! That's not an exaggeration. Usually sequels fail to deliver, but Sweet Peril was just as intense, emotional, and sexy as its predecessor. Seriously, my favorite paranormal romance series ever. Let's dive into why it tops my list.

One of the BEST Main Characters
Anna is still that sweet Southern girl from the first book, even though its clear she's been working and isn't as innocent as she once was. But gosh, I love her! She's adorable, and strong, and make...more
Oceana Fern
Jul 04, 2013 Oceana Fern marked it as non-merci
Shelves: cover-lust
description

(plus, I just didn't enjoy the first one, at all)
Suzanne
I've come to the conclusion that Kaidan Rowe is a lot of the reason that I love this series. As he's trying to stay away from Anna to keep her safe from the Dukes, he's missing for most of the first half of this sequel and it did impact my enjoyment of it. Anna is travelling with Kope to visit some of the Nephilim who they think will be on their side when the time comes to fulfil a prophecy spoken by Sister Ruth, the nun who was present at Anna's birth. Anna thinks Kaidan is no longer interested...more
Appropriate? 5 115 Jul 03, 2014 12:21PM
Teen Book Lovers ...: * Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins 4 23 Mar 25, 2014 07:37AM
Kindle Book Sharing: Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) 1 4 Jan 23, 2014 03:06AM
The Wide Web of F...: Sweet Peril 10 30 Nov 09, 2013 07:30PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins / Restarts October 6th 2013 126 97 Oct 08, 2013 11:13PM
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Angel of Mercy (Cambion, #3)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Natural Born Angel (Immortal City, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
I will not be reading/answering GR messages...
Feel free to contact me by email at wendyhigginswrites at gmail dot com. (It's become difficult to keep up with requests/messages made via various social media sites.)

Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Bio:
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, I taught high sc...more
More about Wendy Higgins...
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3) Sweet Evil Extra #1 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.1) Sweet Evil Extra #2 (The Sweet Trilogy, #1.2) Sweet Peril Extra #1 (The Sweet Trilogy, #2.1)

“I love you," I whispered.

"I've loved you longer," he said.”
207 likes
“Ready to s-snuggle?" he asked Kaidan, a slight clatter in his voice. Only Blake could joke on a night like this and get away with it.
Kaidan shook his head and undressed down to his boxers, too, the tension finally shedding away from his frame. "I swear, mate. If I feel something poke me in the back. . ."
Blake's laugh was dry. "I'm pretty sure my junk froze off, man, so don't worry.”
169 likes