Start by marking “Courting Trouble (Bustlepunk Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Courting Trouble (Bustlepunk Chronicles, #2)

Courting Trouble (Bustlepunk Chronicles #2)

Swan River Colony, Australia, 1895

All suffragette Esme Smith wants is respect. Her beau, American inventor Jed Reeve, may be more enlightened than most men, but lately his need to protect her is at odds with her need for independence. Esme begins to wonder if a modern woman can share her life with a man without losing some of herself.

With his courtship of Esme stalled, the
Published October 1st 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Courting Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Trouble

Tsana Dolichva
Sep 28, 2012 Tsana Dolichva rated it it was amazing
Courting Trouble is the second Aussie steampunk novella in Jenny Schwartz's Bustlepunk chronicles. I reviewed the first book, Wanted: One Scoundrel at the start of the year. A copy of this novella was provided for review from the publisher, which was nice because it meant I got to read it a bit sooner. You should be able to buy it from Carina Press from the day this review goes live, October 1.

Although Courting Trouble is definitely a sequel to Wanted: One Scoundrel, I think it will also stand a
Tahlia Newland
Dec 08, 2012 Tahlia Newland rated it it was amazing
'Courting Trouble' is a delightful romance with wonderful characters and plenty of action set in Swan River Colony, Australia, in 1895. Next time you’re thinking of watching a movie, pick this up instead. It’ll take a similar amount of time and it’s great entertainment. Unlike many romances, the story doesn’t revolve completely around the issue of two people getting together. This one has a plot which makes it suitable for a much wider readership. The romance is not cloying, and is chastely in ...more
Deneé
Sep 30, 2012 Deneé rated it liked it
I liked the story line and Esme's conflicts with being a suffragette. Esme & Jed's courting was interesting, in the sense that Jed decided the best way to win Esme's heart was to have her court him. The mystery of the book got a bit confusing, but in the end I think I understood everything. I believe that it was the author's intention to mislead her readers in some elements of the mysterious "Kali's Scream" to put Jed and Esme in a hostage/ "damsel-in-distress" situation, only with mixed ...more
Stephanie Collins
Sep 30, 2012 Stephanie Collins rated it liked it
Esme is an independent woman who is trying hard to help others by leading the suffragette movement. Unfortunately she equates love with dependence and isn't quite willing to become a partner with the man she truly loves. I felt that she was a wonderful person but that initially she had such a narrow view of relationships that it got a little frustrating. So happy that Jed was willing to deal with this level of independence and turn it on its head.

Jed is such a wonderful man for his time and even
I really enjoyed Wanted: One Scoundrel when I read it last year but I remember thinking that I would have liked to have seen more of the romance between Esme and Jed. At the time I didn't realise it was the first story in a series so it was a lovely surprise when I spotted that Courting Trouble had been published and I couldn't wait to read it.

The story picks up not long after the first one ended, Jed knows how he feels about Esme and is trying to court her but is struggling to find the best way
Beth
Oct 30, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
Esme Smith is a young independent woman, in a time when that is not the norm. She considers herself a suffragette. She is being courted by Jed Reeves, an inventor who wishes to share his life with Esme.

Trying to show Esme just how much he admires her independence, Jed tracks down an India immigrant that say she’s found “stolen” blue prints that are “bad”. Jed’s plan was to bring Esme into a plot that was non-dangerous, but that’s how it ends up. The blue prints truly are a plot by extremists, wi
Heather Boustead
Courting Trouble
Bustlepunk Chronicles Book Two
By Jenny Schwartz

American inventor Jed Reeve, just had to fall head over heels in love with a suffragette, Esme Smith. Lately he has had an overwhelming urge to protect her, which is the last thing she wants. With his warring emotions he is not in the mood to hear the woes of someone else but when a young man and his cousin come in he cannot turn them away and is soon drug into a plot to assonate the Prince of Wales.

This novel is only about one hun
Book Chatter-Cath
Touted as a steam-punk romance, I did find Courting Trouble a little light in both regards, but I enjoyed the general storyline. It has been well written in an easy, and free flowing style, although it is a rather short read at just over 100 pages.

Jed and Esme have feelings for each other but neither wants to be the first to take that first step towards being together as a couple. Esme wants to be seen as an independent, forward thinking woman, and Jed just wants to woo and protect her which cau
Emmeline Lock
Emmeline Lock rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Richard Jr.
Richard Jr. rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
P.G.
P.G. rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2012
Sissi
Sissi rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
SassySami
SassySami rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Stacy Gail
Stacy Gail rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2012
Artifact
Artifact rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Stacey Preston
Stacey Preston rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Karen Coombs
Karen Coombs rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2013
J.K. Coi
J.K. Coi rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2012
Hawk's Angel
Hawk's Angel rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Cherry
Cherry rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Coleen Kwan
Coleen Kwan rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2012
Bebe Knight
Bebe Knight rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Chloe Roberts
Chloe Roberts rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2012
Judithe
Judithe marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Bronwyn Stuart
Bronwyn Stuart marked it as to-read
Tea Cooper
Tea Cooper marked it as to-read
Hazel Gower
Hazel Gower marked it as to-read
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Rachel- Goodbye Borders marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Susan (susayq ~)
Susan (susayq ~) marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Angel Starr
Angel Starr marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
RWA
RWA added it
Oct 04, 2012
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2012
Debbie Hoffman
Debbie Hoffman marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Kel (Faerie-bookworm) marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Isabel
Isabel added it
Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Renske
Renske marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2012
Elizabeth Bollmeyer
Elizabeth Bollmeyer marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Chance to win! 1 1 Sep 30, 2012 05:10PM
The HAT 1 5 Aug 22, 2012 05:41PM
Jenny Schwartz is a hopeful romantic with a degree in Sociology and History — people watching and digging into the past. She lives in Western Australia and is working towards her dream of living by the sea.

Contact Jenny via her website: http://authorjennyschwartz.com/

Old School series:

Phoenix Blood - out December 27

The Collegium series:

Demon Hunter - out now
More about Jenny Schwartz...

Bustlepunk Chronicles (3 books)
  • Wanted: One Scoundrel (Bustlepunk Chronicles #1)
  • Curses and Confetti