Start by marking “Gift of the Dreamtime - Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma” as Want to Read:
Gift of the Dreamtime - Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma

Gift of the Dreamtime - Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma

With a foreward by shaman Christina Pratt, in the second edition of this bestselling fantastical memoir, Kelley Harrell chronicles a modern shamanic journey from pain, to healing and accepting a calling to work as a soul healer of others. Groundbreaking at the time of its first publication in 2004, still no other modern shamanic work shares an experience of soul healing to ...more
Paperback, Second, 148 pages
Published July 19th 2012 by Soul Intent Arts (first published September 8th 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Gift of the Dreamtime - Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma

Steve Cran
Jul 20, 2013 Steve Cran rated it it was amazing
Read this book in one night. Easy to read and gripping narrative. Those who have survived abusive situations will find this book easy to relate to. I have not but still enjoyed reading it. The authoress herself has survived an incest encounter with an unnamed family member. She has had to deal with guilt, shame, hate and the fact that her family not only never helped her to heal but embraced the offending family member. I would have felt lots of anger if I were her.

The authoress begins her shama
Brandice
Apr 25, 2009 Brandice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are spiritually seeking, those interested in shamanism and its role in trauma and recovery
Recommended to Brandice by: Kelley Harrell
I read this book over 4-5 separate evenings, reading a section and then spending time thinking about what I'd read over the days that followed, and I came away from the book with what I felt was the author's message, but also with a personal message of my own, which surprised me given that this book is so intensely personal in its depiction of Kelley's own journey toward true and constant Grace.

Accepting and understanding "the divinity of trauma" (a phrase I now better understand after finishing
Emily Crow
Jan 08, 2014 Emily Crow rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, and was interested in her shamanic journeys. As a person with similar issues, I was quite interested in how she found forgiveness and healing. Still, I would have appreciated some more information about her mundane, day-to-day life as she was pursuing these journeys. Was there any conflict? Did her experiences make her "real life" easier? Just a few tidbits would have grounded the otherwordly elements and made it much easier to put into a realistic context.
Emma-Jayne Saanen
I have read this book countless times, when I require inspiration.

Gift of the Dreamtime charts one neo-shaman's journey in finding her purpose and in reclaiming power from past trauma. It makes for difficult reading at times, due to the nature of the trauma, but the heartfelt honesty of the author's experiences. makes for a rewarding read.
Sherrie Dillard
Mar 30, 2012 Sherrie Dillard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly bravely shows us both the heartache and challange of being a innocent victim and the mastery of a woman who harnesses the spiritual realm for healing and compassionate power.
Tami
Aug 13, 2012 Tami rated it it was amazing
Excellent read for anyone interested in learning more about their own inner voice, shamanism, or struggling to forgive themselves for having been the victim of sexual abuse.
Brandice
Jul 07, 2013 Brandice rated it it was amazing
Re-reading.
Victor De witt
Sep 22, 2013 Victor De witt rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and profound book!!!
Heather Emily
Amazing. Enlightening. Absolutely uplifting..
Alexei Bulakhov
Jul 05, 2013 Alexei Bulakhov rated it really liked it
The Excellent book ! Interesting and unusual ideas.
Sarah Paul
Aug 23, 2012 Sarah Paul rated it it was amazing
This is an enlightening book about a little known topic in western culture.

As a person who does not relate to animal totems and has little knowledge of shamanism, I found this book very informative. Consciousness is big and we know little about it, really. In western culture, we do not recognize the validity of trance experiences, but all people of any spiritual faith know that spiritual experience can take MANY forms. Certainly some people have such experience more easily than others, and there
Priti Sehrawat
Jul 05, 2013 Priti Sehrawat rated it it was amazing
The unique thing about the movie, "The Matrix" is that if one sees the movie with an open mind, while keep a question in place, a question for which one is searching for answers, the movie does provide the answers! I have never come across a similar movie or any product that opens up the mind in such a brilliant way till I read "Gift of the Dreamtime - Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma". I wanted to stop at times and bookmark the page. But how many times could I possibly do that? I will just h ...more
Shelley
Gift of the Dreamtime is about one person's search to heal from childhood abuse. The novel's content is very hard to read--and I can only imagine how hard it would be to share something so personal with the world--but it is so well written that it almost reads like a fiction book.

GotD is a great book for anyone to read, espeically people coping with difficult situations--I found myself reading parts of the book when dealing with certain things, and the words have a very calming effect.

Though th
Sandra Carrington-Smith
Aug 30, 2012 Sandra Carrington-Smith rated it it was amazing
“The walk of a Shaman isn’t always a smooth one.” Such truth was shared with me by a Shaman I was fortunate to meet a couple of years ago. New to Shamanism but not to spiritual work, I was fairly familiar with the concept of traveling through the darkness of our being before emerging, finally into the light of our inner truth, but never did I explore a path in which one is such an active participant. Reading Gift of a Dreamtime brought back memories and feelings of my meeting with the Shaman, bu ...more
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Pia
Pia rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2010
Teri
Teri rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2012
Beth Winegarner
Beth Winegarner rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Storm Grant
Storm Grant rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Stephanie Bird
Stephanie Bird rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Paulfrancis
Paulfrancis rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2008
Ian
Ian rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2013
Second logline for Gift of the Dreamtime 1 1 Feb 17, 2013 07:47AM
Original logline for Gift of the Dreamtime 1 1 Feb 16, 2013 11:50AM
Kelley is an author and modern shaman living in North Carolina. A lifelong intuitive, she has worked with a local and international client base as a shaman since 2000. Her bestselling memoir, Gift of the Dreamtime: Awakening to the Divinity of Trauma chronicles her pivotal step into the role of shaman.  She is an ordained interfaith minister, and she honors the paths of druidry and seidr.  Her sha ...more
More about S. Kelley Harrell...

“The way other people practiced a sport, learned a dance, I sat with feelings to learn who I am.” 10 likes
“In Spirit, there is no such thing as indifference.” 6 likes