Start by marking “The Pyramid Legacy” as Want to Read:

The Pyramid Legacy

For over four millennia the Great Pyramid of Giza has guarded a secret image; until NOW!

A prominent young Egyptologist is murdered by a colleague, deep within the bowels of the Great Pyramid of Giza. The authorities are keen to cover it up, but they know they can’t achieve total closure whilst English robotics engineer, Ben Anderson, remains in possession of a powerful ima
Published June 20th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published May 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Pyramid Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pyramid Legacy

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg LarssonThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg LarssonThe Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Thrillers You Must Read!
2,394 books — 3,639 voters
Dinosaurs & Cherry Stems by Susan Jean RicciRoses at Dusk by M.W. RussellBreaking the Nexus by Lindsay AvalonSeal of Destiny by Traci DouglassFor Whom The Bell Tolls (Vlad Dracula, #1) by Shane K.P. O'Neill
Best New Author Books
1,094 books — 1,475 voters

More lists with this book...

Michael Jr.
Aug 05, 2012 Michael Jr. rated it liked it
By: Clive Eaton
Paperback, 356 pages Published June 20th 2012 by CreateSpace
ISBN13: 9781477531037

Overall 3 out of 5 stars

I received the Kindle version of The Pyramid Legacy from Clive Easton for a review request. But, I am very good at avoiding any preference because of Mr. Eaton's generosity.

The Pyramid Legacy as title sends an impression of an ancient Egypt story, which could not be further from the truth. The pyramids are the beginning of a science fiction adventure.

Cre
Leonide Martin
My husband urged me to read this, saying it was among the best suspenseful futuristic fictions he has read. My reaction was the opposite: it was mediocre with rather stilted characterizations and required a huge suspension of probability. It had clever ideas about who/when the Pyramid of Khufu was created and cues left for later people to discover the answer. Then a set of highly improbable "coincidences" progressed the story, leaving me wondering about highly advanced beings manipulating earthl ...more
Rachel Amphlett
Jul 28, 2012 Rachel Amphlett rated it it was amazing
Clive Eaton's debut novel is a breakneck tale which manages to encompass the genres of thriller, adventure and science fiction in one tightly-written storyline.

I am not a sci-fi fan per se, but the book lends itself well to the genre without going overboard - the scenes are a necessary part of the storyline without detracting from the on-Earth action.

Right from the start, the characters are engaging, the descriptions of scenes just enough to allow the reader's own imagination to take flight, and
Kathleen Rowland
Aug 15, 2012 Kathleen Rowland rated it it was amazing
Clive Easton writes the kind of fast-paced book I enjoy. I was fascinated with this murder mystery, particularly with the background of the Great Pyramid of Giza. Having researched Egyptology, I respected the authenticity as the story unfolded. Instead of finding hieroglyphics, an engraving begins to explain a murder of a young Egyptologist by an older colleague. If you go for high spirited adventure, you won't be able to put down The Pyramid Legacy by brilliant writer Clive Eaton.
Chris
Sep 27, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Very interesting book. I liked the way clues were tied together to keep leading the characters on the hunt for the truth. Towards the end I realized that there would probably be a sequel as it seemed the book was just not quite ready to end yet. Well worth paying for, the type of book I enjoy reading.
Jan Moran
Jan 02, 2013 Jan Moran rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jan by: those who love great thrillers!
An awesome thriller from a fine writer!
Jane Blanchard
Jan 03, 2013 Jane Blanchard rated it really liked it
The Pyramid Legacy is Clive Eaton’s debut novel, and I am looking forward to reading more books by him. He spins a tale filled with adventure and mystery, sprinkling the story with well-crafted clues that he slowly reveals. I often found myself wondering how Mr. Eaton managed to create the intricate clues, at times heavy in mathematics. His characters are complex and change through the story—or perhaps they change in the eyes of the Dr. Ben Anderson and, as he sees them in a new light, so does t ...more
Angela N
Aug 30, 2012 Angela N rated it really liked it
Fun book! I enjoyed the mystery and the history immensely. I didn't love the ending and I felt a bit that something else must have been happening because some of the characters started acting unusual, in my opinion. Perhaps that was a flaw in writing or something that will be discovered in the sequel, i dont know. But i will definitely be reading the sequel. Great job Eaaton!
Wan Ni
Feb 24, 2013 Wan Ni rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Yet another tiresome product of the relic subgenre trying to weave in future-science and aliens. Could not get more than 50 pages.
Holly
Jun 24, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
My review from Amazon:

I love anything to do with the pyramids and Egyptology, so this book was right up my alley. The thing I loved about this book is there is never any down time, or parts that I felt the need to skim over. It moves at a fast pace and there is always something new happening. The adventure takes you from Egypt to various places on Earth, and even into outer space. A few parts are a bit far fetched, sometimes they find the clues they are looking for, which would seem like a needl
James Paddock
Jan 03, 2013 James Paddock rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
A mystery spanning 4000 years...

Her head in the stars, his on the earth, it is amazing that Sam and Ben have anything in common, yet they seem to make it work, until they don't. When Ben is embroiled in a Great Pyramid of Giza mystery that leaves one man murdered and another committing suicide, he turns to Sam for help. Against all his fears and better judgement she drags him to the far-side of the moon and then beyond in an attempt to solve the mystery, a riddle that appeared to have begun in 2
Christoph Fischer
Feb 13, 2014 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"The Pyramid Legacy" by Clive Eaton is a intelligent and well written thriller spanning several millenia and concerning the mystery behind the origin of Pyramids.
Ben Anderson, a scientist exploring a Pyramid in Egypt, makes a startling discovery, which becomes the target of people who want to suppress the information. At the same time said information requires further investigation by himself.
The very first scene in the pyramid immediately draws the reader in with its intense tension of psychol
Wendy
Feb 26, 2013 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, thriller
I enjoyed the mystery and thrill of Ben Anderson eluding capture and death in Egypt and his escape from life threatening missions in space. I chuckled when he confronted General Murdoch and ended up with a seat on the next flight to the Moon which terrified him. But,I couldn't relate to his involvement with Samantha Gibson. It didn't make sense that an intelligent and caring man like Ben Anderson who was completely frank about his underlying terror in dangerous situations would be involved with ...more
Jan
Mar 25, 2013 Jan rated it did not like it
I know a lot of people have given this book great reviews but I cannot agree. The story premise sounded so intriguing and exciting--a murder mystery, an archeology thriller, a little sci-fi, all the elements in a story I love to dig into... but the writing was so poor that the whole book just turned out to be a mess. The development of the main characters, Ben and Sam, was shallow to the point I could not feel any sympathy or involvement with them. This made it difficult for me to understand the ...more
Y.I. Lee
Feb 26, 2013 Y.I. Lee rated it really liked it
The author, Clive Eaton’s debut novel The Pyramid Legacy is fast paced and exciting.
I loved Ben the lead character. He was very much the reluctant hero, just a normal guy forced to face his fears in some pretty scary situations. This made a pleasant change from the usual macho man we read about in many novels.
In the beginning I liked Ben’s girlfriend Sam, but as the story progressed I rapidly went off her; which can be credited to the authors writing skill.
I have to say the book was long, and in
Claire
Oct 07, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pyramid Legacy is a very entertaining read. The storyline draws the reader in and doesn't let go. Parts of the storyline are a bit 'Star Trek' for me personally as I'm not a big sci-fi fan but the book had plenty more to offer. The main characters are well written and believable, especially Ben with all his doubts and insecurities. my only complaint, and I admit, it's a purely personal preference, is the lack of conclusion. For me every book should stand alone, even if part of a series, and ...more
K.
Sep 27, 2014 K. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I chose this book because it was the only title In the top 10 rated books in it's category I had not yet read. The story moves along quickly and we are spared needless detail, which I appreciate particularly in this genre. A better editor would have cleaned up the grammar and errors that are mildly irritating...I cringed every time I read the word 'whilst', which is used often in non-dialog. That word totally took me out of the story and reminded me this is a British author. Otherwise it is a de ...more
Huw
Dec 13, 2012 Huw rated it it was amazing
This is a belter of a book. Clive Eaton has produced a novel which, in the reading, feels like it could go in just about any direction, and it does! A really impressive debut that follows a number of genre trappings, but eschews others and treads a new path. A thoroughly enjoyable read and I can't wait for the follow up.
J. Kahele
Sep 10, 2015 J. Kahele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mystery

Adventure. This author really had me intrigued from the start the way he masterfully created clues at the right time, not a second before or after, was mind boggling. It was like taking small pieces of a puzzle and putting them together.
I throughly enjoyed the book and will be looking out for new reads from this author in the future.
Ayushi
Dec 01, 2015 Ayushi rated it it was ok
I have always been fascinated with pyramid and when I came across this book, I had huge expectations. But sadly, the book is very poorly written. It tries to touch too many points and none of the characters were well built. I am sure I will be needing a lot of convincing to read its sequel "Operation Stonehenge"
Martina Ovens
Jun 30, 2013 Martina Ovens rated it really liked it
I read this book quite quickly during a long holiday this summer. It was entertaining and kept me reading.
We begin with a discovery made in an ( as yet?) unexplored pyramid in Egypt which takes us on a hunt for clues
around the world, the moon and eventually to believe that extra terrestrial beings visited earth thousands of
years ago - or did they?
Good beach or plane read.
Fiona
Dec 27, 2016 Fiona rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but was very frustrated to get to the end without it being resolved. Book 2 is not out yet either but that is why I didn't give it 5 stars.
Gloria Pearson-Vasey
Fantastic!!
Joanna
Aug 31, 2012 Joanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Program. Good mystery!
David
Jan 20, 2014 David rated it liked it
Book tended to tie things up very neatly with a bow on top.
Chris Birdy
Sep 29, 2013 Chris Birdy rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this work and the unusual story. The characters were well-developed and likable. There were a few slow spots, but the overall quality of the story more than made up for them. A fine read!
Julie Hodgson
Feb 19, 2013 Julie Hodgson rated it it was amazing
My husband read this book on Kindle...And not to add any spoilers in it..when asked how it was he said..
"Bloody Excellent" A bit like going on an indiana Jones journey... he said...
Dr.iftikhar Ahmad
Dr.iftikhar Ahmad rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Sona Ganguly
Sona Ganguly rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Regulars
  • Blue Coyote Motel (Coyote #1)
  • Bodies Electric
  • A Plague of Dissent
  • The Tangled Web
  • Forgive Me, Alex
  • Everyone Burns (Time, Blood and Karma, #1)
  • Dead Men
  • The Red Fox
  • Dream Cat
  • You Shouldn't Call Me Mommy
  • Shades of Gray
  • Beside Still Waters (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #4)
  • Slipstream (A Crisis of Two Worlds, #1)
Clive Eaton initially trained as an aircraft engineer in the Royal Air Force and worked on Vulcan bombers for a number of years.

He now works as a freelance international trainer in the area of business improvement, and his work has taken him to over 30 countries around the globe.

The Pyramid Legacy is his debut novel and the inspiration came when Egyptian authorities discovered a secret door insi
More about Clive Eaton...