And Then There Were None (BBC Radio 4 Dramatisation)

And Then There Were None (BBC Radio 4 Dramatisation)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Agatha Christie's famous detective story without a detective, adapted by Joy Wilkinson.

Ten guests are separately invited to an island by a person none of them knows very well, if at-all. When they arrive, it seems they have all been invited for different reasons. Nothing quite adds up.

An anonymous voice accuses each of them of having murdered someone. By the end of the fir...more
Audio CD
Published December 1st 2010 by AudioGO (first published 1943)

To ask other readers questions about And Then There Were None, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then There Were None

Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Νομίζω ότι το να μπω στην διαδικασία να κάνω συστάσεις ανάμεσα στο αναγνωστικό κοινό και την Agatha Christie θα ήταν κάτι περισσότερο από περιττό. Ποιος άλλωστε δεν γνωρίζει την μικροσκοπική συγγραφέα με την ζωηρή φαντασία που καθιερώθηκε ως ένα από τα δημοφιλέστερα ονόματα της παγκόσμιας αστυνομικής λογοτεχνίας που μεταφράστηκε σε δεκάδες γλώσσες, πούλησε εκατομμύρια και εκατομμύρια αντίτυπα ανά τον πλανήτη ενώ οι ιστορίες της μεταφέρθηκαν πολλάκις και στην μεγάλη οθόνη. Και είναι πολύ πιθανόν...more
Philip
Brief and direct in narrative style, but a bit too nihilistic for my taste. I usually enjoy novels that deal with deep life questions, such as the questions of justice with which this book interacts, and the setup was promising, but I just didn't like the execution (pun intended).
Amy
I loved this mystery story as a novel, and I really expected the play to be every bit as good as the novel. Agatha Christie wrote both of these works, she streamlined the plot for the play so that it would work better on stage than the dramatizations that people were trying to do of her novel, so it seems like it should have been wonderful. Maybe it's just something you have to see performed, but I didn't care for the play version of this work much at all.

Ten murders is a lot to cover in the cou...more
Lăcră Grozăvescu
"Zece negrii mititei au mâncat la cină ouă
Unul s-a-necat din ei şi-au rămas doar nouă.
Nouă negrii mititei au stat noaptea până-n zori
Unu-a adormit din ei şi-au rămas doar opt.
Opt negrii mititei au mers la Devon în noapte
Unul nu s-a-ntors din ei şi-au rămas doar şapte.
Şapte negrii mititei spărgeau lemne lânga casă
Unul s-a tăiat din ei si-au rămas doar şase.
Şase negrii mititei se jucau cu-albine mici
Pe unul l-au pişcat din ei şi-au rămas doar cinci.
Cinci negrii mititei îndrăgeau legea,nu teatrul
Un...more
Liza Ruda
Интересно... и страшно)
Lauren
I've been trying to get my hands on this book ever since I found out it ended differently than the book. While I adore the book, I wished that it had ended differently (although I do admire the brilliance of the ending). When I finished it in January, I discovered it was a play, then I discovered that the play ended the way I wanted the book to- I was sold. I HAD to get that play. I was absolutely giddy when I got my hands on the play yesterday and read it that night. It. Was. PERFECT. The dial...more
Tina Rae
May 21, 2013 Tina Rae rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Agatha fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: book club
Shelves: book-club, favorites
This is the play, right? I'm being super sneaky (which I know is voided by my telling you about it) and reviewing just this play even though I own a collection of Agatha's plays which is where I read this one. But perhaps I'll just review them all separately as I read them?

Okay, well, that was more my note than for you, unfortunate person who is reading my review. I tend to ramble a lot which is why you're unfortunate. Not that you're really an unfortunate person, just unfortunate because you ha...more
Tony
Agatha Christie- Ten Little Indians (also known as: And Then There Were None) (Pocket Books 1966) 3.75 Stars

This is a timeless classic that I loved. I do not tend to enjoy a lot of the older books, but this is one that I did. Ten people receive mysterious invitations to come to Indian Island. When they arrive there is no host and they are informed of why they are there by record. One by one they start dying and they realize that they may not make it off the island alive.
Agatha Christie is infam...more
sabisteb
Ten little Soldier Boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Soldier Boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight little Soldier Boys travelling in Devon; One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
Seven little Soldier Boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Six little Soldier Boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five little Soldier Boys...more
Michelle Lilly
I was in this show and it was an absolute blast! The audience LOVED the show and were on the edge of their seats the entire time! Great dialog, suspense and overall is a very nice version of the original story. I would definitely perform in this show again!
Kent District Library
Kelly D: I recently finished listening to And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (cozy mystery for CORE), and absolutely loved it. Ten strangers meet by invitation on an island off the coast of England, and they mysteriously start to drop dead one after the other. Each death coincides with a line in a nursery rhyme, Ten Little Indian Boys. The survivors pull together to figure out the killer before it is too late. I hadn’t read any Agatha Christie before this, and I now understand why she’s...more
Dean Turnbloom
Agatha Christie well deserves her place as one of the great mystery writers. I enjoyed the way she weaved the story together and the characters were well played.
Sheri
I really didn't like this very much. I found it kind of offensive to women (the whole thing hinges on the fact that women are not very good shots). I was not really all that interested in the characters and didn't mind that they kept dropping dead. Maybe with good acting the suspense would come out, but I was not compelled.
Alicia
This is a stage version of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None/Ten Little Indians. I read the novel back in middle school and was encouraged by a student to read the play. On the page, I didn't feel like the play was as exciting as the book. Maybe I need it performed for me? Volunteers?
Shawn Pudsey
Fun story, somewhat different from the book; certainly the play's ending was a bit of a cop out. The story is dark and could have ended in the darkest of places. A shame that it didn't. Christie has in this play created wonderfully distinct voices for each of the characters.
Tressa
And Then There Were None was excellent. The narration was fantastic; it was like a play. I was stunned at the end. I thought the mystery was very good. I can understand why Agatha Christie was so influential on novels, films, and television.
Thea
One of my absolute favorite Agatha Christie books. I always forget how much I like it until it pops back up on my radar, which happens about once a year, and then I have to read it again. So delightfully creepy. She captures personality types so perfectly.
kimyunalesca
Brilliant BBC Dramatisation!I think I'm more scared and creep out with the kid's voice reciting 10 little soldier boys haha also I think it lacks character side stories,really nice and short.THIS IS CRAZY!
Nuno Sousa
A história é bem diferente das outras que incluem o Hercule Poirot e a Miss Marple como principais intervenientes.

Talvez por isso eu o considere um dos melhores livros que li da Agatha Christie.
ms bookjunkie
Absolutely the best Christie audiobook ever! Effectively creepy, and though I knew exactly what was happening, it still got to me.
Christie adapted her darkest novel into a fun mystery-comedy; different ending and different tone but still wonderful in it's own way.
Andrea Adams
Was stage manager for this production in college 1986. One of my favorites of Agatha Christie.
Rowan Lake Jr.
I read it for my English class in high school and I absolutely loved it.
Kara
I read this for my book club immediately after we read the novel on which this play is based. It was a good play and I'd love to see it performed, but I wasn't that impressed by it. The book is definitely better - though it probably helped that when I read the book, I didn't know who was the murderer. I thought the romance between Vera and Lombard was forced and I wish that Christie hadn't added it to the play, although it did serve its purpose, I suppose. Overall, not a terrible play, but defin...more
Ludovica
Simply Brilliant.

Recommended to anyone.
Samita
I _LOVE_ these radioplays XD
Shyah Nyshel
Shyah Nyshel marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
  • Agatha Christie
  • Green for Danger
  • Agatha Christie
  • Flight of a Witch (Felse, #3)
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • The Matchmaker
  • The House of Dr. Edwardes
  • Giant's Bread
  • Artificial Paradises
  • Quiet as a Nun (Jemima Shore, #1)
  • Who Killed Roger Ackroyd?: The Mystery Behind the Agatha Christie Mystery
  • The White Cottage Mystery
  • English Country House Murders:  Classic Crime Fiction of Britain's Upper Crust
  • The Case of the Gilded Fly (Gervase Fen, #1)
  • An Education
  • Deathtrap
  • My First Murder (Maria Kallio, #1)

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880...more
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17)

“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.” 56 likes