Start by marking “And Then There Were None (BBC Radio 4 Dramatisation)” as Want to Read:
And Then There Were None (BBC Radio 4 Dramatisation)

And Then There Were None (BBC Radio 4 Dramatisation)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  1,202 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
Agatha Christie's famous detective story without a detective, adapted by Joy Wilkinson.

Ten guests are separately invited to an island by a person none of them knows very well, if at-all. When they arrive, it seems they have all been invited for different reasons. Nothing quite adds up.

An anonymous voice accuses each of them of having murdered someone. By the end of the fir
Audio CD
Published December 1st 2010 by AudioGO (first published 1943)

To ask other readers questions about And Then There Were None, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then There Were None

Ahmad Sharabiani
And Then There Were None: A Mystery Play in Three Acts, Agatha Christie
Ten guilty strangers are trapped on an island. One by one they are accused of murder; one by one they start to die
Carol
Oct 11, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And Then There Were None aka Ten Little Indians by Agatha Christie
5★’s

This is a new one for me!! I have often said I was the only breathing human on the planet that didn’t like Agatha Christie..so where in the world did those 5 stars come from? I will have to reevaluate my statement to I am the only breathing human on the planet that doesn’t like Agatha Christie…EXCEPT for And Then There Was None

A group of ten strangers is invited or hired for a long weekend on Indian Island, a mile off the Devo
andrea
May 10, 2015 andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
bitch!!!!!!!!!!!! she really didn't have to go off the way that she did
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Νομίζω ότι το να μπω στην διαδικασία να κάνω συστάσεις ανάμεσα στο αναγνωστικό κοινό και την Agatha Christie θα ήταν κάτι περισσότερο από περιττό. Ποιος άλλωστε δεν γνωρίζει την μικροσκοπική συγγραφέα με την ζωηρή φαντασία που καθιερώθηκε ως ένα από τα δημοφιλέστερα ονόματα της παγκόσμιας αστυνομικής λογοτεχνίας που μεταφράστηκε σε δεκάδες γλώσσες, πούλησε εκατομμύρια και εκατομμύρια αντίτυπα ανά τον πλανήτη ενώ οι ιστορίες της μεταφέρθηκαν πολλάκις και στην μεγάλη οθόνη. Και είναι πολύ πιθανόν ...more
Philip
Feb 13, 2013 Philip rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks, mystery
Brief and direct in narrative style, but a bit too nihilistic for my taste. I usually enjoy novels that deal with deep life questions, such as the questions of justice with which this book interacts, and the setup was promising, but I just didn't like the execution (pun intended).
Realini
Jun 22, 2016 Realini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theater, delightful
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Fascinating crime story, considered to be one of the best

This work is rated twice, because I have just read it a second time.
Well, not read exactly, but listened to the play adapted from the original.

I think I have seen somewhere the information that Agatha Christie is the most translated author or something like that.
Then the Mousetrap:
- “The Mousetrap opened in the West End of London in 1952, and has been running continuously since then. It has by far
Amy
I loved this mystery story as a novel, and I really expected the play to be every bit as good as the novel. Agatha Christie wrote both of these works, she streamlined the plot for the play so that it would work better on stage than the dramatizations that people were trying to do of her novel, so it seems like it should have been wonderful. Maybe it's just something you have to see performed, but I didn't care for the play version of this work much at all.

Ten murders is a lot to cover in the cou
Lăcră Grozăvescu
"Zece negrii mititei au mâncat la cină ouă
Unul s-a-necat din ei şi-au rămas doar nouă.
Nouă negrii mititei au stat noaptea până-n zori
Unu-a adormit din ei şi-au rămas doar opt.
Opt negrii mititei au mers la Devon în noapte
Unul nu s-a-ntors din ei şi-au rămas doar şapte.
Şapte negrii mititei spărgeau lemne lânga casă
Unul s-a tăiat din ei si-au rămas doar şase.
Şase negrii mititei se jucau cu-albine mici
Pe unul l-au pişcat din ei şi-au rămas doar cinci.
Cinci negrii mititei îndrăgeau legea,nu teatrul
Un
Liza Ruda
Jun 11, 2011 Liza Ruda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Интересно... и страшно)
Alex
Love this play and the ending is a lot happier but I think the book is quite a bit better and does more of what Agatha was going for...I think she tried to appeal to her audience here a bit more.
Bander
May 13, 2015 Bander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its is really different then the rest of agathas novels
Mariana
Ali Kay
sabisteb
Aug 27, 2013 sabisteb rated it it was amazing
Ten little Soldier Boys went out to dine; One choked his little self and then there were nine.
Nine little Soldier Boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight.
Eight little Soldier Boys travelling in Devon; One said he'd stay there and then there were seven.
Seven little Soldier Boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves and then there were six.
Six little Soldier Boys playing with a hive; A bumblebee stung one and then there were five.
Five little Soldier Boys
Ls
May 04, 2015 Ls rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And Then There Were None

"And Then There Were None": A book that goes from confusing to killer!

“In the midst of life, we are in death.” This single quote from "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie truly summarizes the feel of the entire book. U.N. Owen, an unknown murder, sent ten people to Soldier’s Island. The people had no idea that they were going to be the subjects of a murder. The ten terrified people collaborated with one another, trying to solve their own murder mystery. One by
Tina Rae
May 21, 2013 Tina Rae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Agatha fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: book club
Shelves: favorites, book-club
This is the play, right? I'm being super sneaky (which I know is voided by my telling you about it) and reviewing just this play even though I own a collection of Agatha's plays which is where I read this one. But perhaps I'll just review them all separately as I read them?

Okay, well, that was more my note than for you, unfortunate person who is reading my review. I tend to ramble a lot which is why you're unfortunate. Not that you're really an unfortunate person, just unfortunate because you ha
Goldnglitta
And Then There Were None is one of mystery writer Agatha Christie's most recognized works. The story begins with a macabre nursery rhyme that details the demise of 10 little soldiers one by one. The narrative then begins with a first person perspective of 10 strangers, who have all been summoned to a remote island that holds appeal for having once belonged to an eccentric millionaire and his wife.
All are excited and enveloped in their own desires and expectations when they arrive at the islan
Tony
Jun 14, 2009 Tony rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie- Ten Little Indians (also known as: And Then There Were None) (Pocket Books 1966) 3.75 Stars

This is a timeless classic that I loved. I do not tend to enjoy a lot of the older books, but this is one that I did. Ten people receive mysterious invitations to come to Indian Island. When they arrive there is no host and they are informed of why they are there by record. One by one they start dying and they realize that they may not make it off the island alive.
Agatha Christie is infam
Lauren
Jan 27, 2014 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, mystery
I've been trying to get my hands on this book ever since I found out it ended differently than the book. While I adore the book, I wished that it had ended differently (although I do admire the brilliance of the ending). When I finished it in January, I discovered it was a play, then I discovered that the play ended the way I wanted the book to- I was sold. I HAD to get that play. I was absolutely giddy when I got my hands on the play yesterday and read it that night. It. Was. PERFECT. The dial ...more
Stephen Ryan
Apr 21, 2016 Stephen Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My ten little soldier boys. You’re the last one. One little soldier boy left all alone. He went & hanged himself. I must have my hanging – my hanging.

Spent a lot of time with this script by virtue of being in a recent staging of the play. I prefer the original novel, which is bleaker and a lot more psychologically complicated. The novel is perhaps Christie’s masterpiece and this play has to change the ending completely in order to create a more upbeat experience. Christie herself changed the
Fugu Yenda
Jun 21, 2015 Fugu Yenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And Then There Were None is a short novel, but an effective one. Agatha Christie was able to create a thrilling and surprising mystery where everyone is a suspect.

The story happens on an island which is separated from the rest of the world. This setting prevents the possibility of having a murderer coming from the outside, and leaves the reader with several characters among which the murderer is hiding.

The only negative point I would like to notify is the fact that we never really get close to
Kelvin Reed
Feb 06, 2017 Kelvin Reed rated it it was amazing
I listened to a 2011 full cast BBC dramatization of Agatha Christie’s famous 1939 novel "And Then There Were None." This ninety-minute audiobook about ten people lured to an island only to be murdered one at a time by an unknown assailant sure packs a punch! I could easily discern between each character and although I already knew the ending I still felt engrossed by the story. Highly recommended.
Kent District Library
Kelly D: I recently finished listening to And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (cozy mystery for CORE), and absolutely loved it. Ten strangers meet by invitation on an island off the coast of England, and they mysteriously start to drop dead one after the other. Each death coincides with a line in a nursery rhyme, Ten Little Indian Boys. The survivors pull together to figure out the killer before it is too late. I hadn’t read any Agatha Christie before this, and I now understand why she’s ...more
Anna Kim
Dec 10, 2016 Anna Kim rated it really liked it
I remember reading this book in middle school and that was my introduction to Agatha Christie. I actually really like how this is a dramatization so there are different actors playing the various characters. Though I'm sure purists will throw a fit about how the original "Indians" are changed to "Soldier Boys" in this production, I appreciate how the writers who adapted the text recognized that times have changed and that there is no need to keep something offensive in the story merely for the s ...more
Kara
May 24, 2013 Kara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I read this for my book club immediately after we read the novel on which this play is based. It was a good play and I'd love to see it performed, but I wasn't that impressed by it. The book is definitely better - though it probably helped that when I read the book, I didn't know who was the murderer. I thought the romance between Vera and Lombard was forced and I wish that Christie hadn't added it to the play, although it did serve its purpose, I suppose. Overall, not a terrible play, but defin ...more
Ruth
Apr 10, 2015 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so proud of myself for correctly predicting the last of the "little Indians" (by the by, was the original title of this work, "Ten Little Indians," deemed too insensitive to Native American cultures, necessitating the change to "And Then There Were None"? It's a mystery. (ha).

But back to my earlier point. I had just begun to congratulate myself for identifying the mass murderer, only to realize I was dead wrong.

Oh, Ms. Christie. I bet you predicted this, too.
Markeem
May 20, 2015 Markeem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a ok book and just try to take trick you too much. Like it wasn't simple it was trying to hard, and sometimes that will get you lost. But overall it was a good book, the twists kept me interested and guessing whom was the murderer. Its the ending that I felt was a bit too much for myself. Overall, I thought that this was an excellent novel and it had a great finish to it.
Sambasivan
May 22, 2015 Sambasivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ten little niggers, the originally intended title was later changed to And then there were none. Highly contrived plot but agatha christie brings in a sense of credibility by her superior story telling flair. She is a natural when it comes to complex mysteries and getting the 'aha' moment towards the end. It was one of her top ten most popular mysteries and now I know why.
Sheri
Jun 24, 2013 Sheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: play
I really didn't like this very much. I found it kind of offensive to women (the whole thing hinges on the fact that women are not very good shots). I was not really all that interested in the characters and didn't mind that they kept dropping dead. Maybe with good acting the suspense would come out, but I was not compelled.
Thea
Jun 13, 2013 Thea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my absolute favorite Agatha Christie books. I always forget how much I like it until it pops back up on my radar, which happens about once a year, and then I have to read it again. So delightfully creepy. She captures personality types so perfectly.
  • The Philadelphia Story
  • The Tamer Tamed; or, The Woman's Prize
  • Agatha Christie
  • The 39 Steps: A Play
  • West Side Story
  • Cabin Pressure (Cabin Pressure, #3)
  • Rear Window
  • The Matchmaker
  • One for the Road
  • Metzengerstein
  • The Hidden Target
  • The Black Camel (Charlie Chan, #4)
  • In the Blood
  • Sleuth
  • Arsène Lupin in the Teeth of the Tiger (Arsène Lupin, #10)
  • The Lark
  • Agatha Christie
  • Brother Cadfael: A Morbid Taste for Bones/One Corpse Too Many/Monk's Hood

More about Agatha Christie...

“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.” 77 likes