Exquisite Acquisitions

Exquisite Acquisitions (The Highest Bidder #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
For Macy Tarlington, the only good part of seeing her legendary mother's possessions sold at auction is ogling Carter McCay, the tall Texan who buys the famous diamond ring. Even better is seeing him again when he rescues her from the paparazzi like a white knight in a Stetson.

Published August 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Exquisite Acquisitions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exquisite Acquisitions

Susan
Good book. I liked both Macy and Carter. Macy had to sell her mother's things in order to settle her mom's debts and also settle a couple lawsuits against herself. I liked the way she stood up for herself in the actions that caused her to be sued. Carter was hurt by his girlfriend's refusal of his proposal and swore he'd never propose to another woman. He and Macy had noticed each other at the auction and felt an immediate attraction, but never expected to see each other again. When he saw Macy...more
Evie
As cowboys go... Carter McCay made me swoon!

Carter is ready to propose and he wants the perfect ring to do so. A dear friend asks a favor of him and he's got no other choice than to go the auction he hadn't wanted to. Then again, he is after the perfect ring and the auction has a choice of three perfect ones. The last thing he expects is for his world to be turned upside down the very next day. He proposes, but his intended declines with a BIG FAT NO. Oh my God!!! I loved this dialogue. I could...more
Dancer

Carter whisks her to safety at Wild River Ranch, hiding her identity by day and lusting after her by night. Yes, he's sworn off love. But with the Hollywood runaway starring in his every fantasy, Carter may find Macy too m...more
Christine Ashworth
This book has a little bit of everything in it that I love. Auction houses, New York City, Hollywood, cowboys, huge cattle ranches... Wealthy rancher Carter McCay hits up the auction house to buy one of the famous Tarlington diamond rings. He gets a ring, but not the girl...Macy Tarlington just wants to hide, and grieve, until the hoopla around the auction of her legendary actress mother's things dies down.

Carter rescues Macy from a flock of paparazzi and invites her to escape to Wild River Ranc...more
Ada
Muy buena eta historia, me faltaba para completar la serie
Tali
A nice story about the daughter of a famous actress, Macy, hiding out on a ranch with a gorgeous cowboy, Carter, and gradually falling in love with him. I understand that this is part of a series, which makes sense given that some parts of the story regarding one of Carter's ex-Marine friends is left completely hanging at the end (somewhat disappointing as I don't tend to read these in order), but apart from that the story is engaging and the main characters are sweet.
4 stars for a pleasant, eas...more
Lori Howe
Who wouldn't want a cowboy with a fat diamond ring? (sigh). A series of connected stories, but NOT story lines. You will have no problem reading individually without feeling like you've missed something in another book. You can see a hint of a connection if you've read the others, but nothing overt.
Ruth Chestnut
This book by Charlene Sands in The Highest Bidder series is a great read. The sale of the diamond rings and the thought by Macy that they were cursed was a great attention grabber. I thought at first that Bill was a reporter, but glad that he wasn't. You'll enjoy this story when you read it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Highest Bidder
Category: Passion
Helen
I enjoyed this second one in the series
Khani
Khani marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Chidinma
Chidinma marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Angelica Penteado
Angelica Penteado marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Pinky
Pinky marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Shellz
Shellz marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Mericia
Mericia marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Charlene Sands is a USA Today Bestselling author writing 35 contemporary and western historical romances. Her books have been honored with the National Readers' Choice Award, the Cataromance Reviewer’s Choice Award and she's a two time recepient of the Booksellers Best Award. She's an active member of Romance Writers of America and belongs to the Orange County Chapter and the Los Angeles Chapter o...more
More about Charlene Sands...
Carrying the Rancher's Heir Heiress Beware The Cowboy's Pride (Harlequin Desire) Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1) (Silhouette Desire, #2016) Sunset Surrender (Rich Rugged Ranchers #1)