Start by marking “Psalm 23” as Want to Read:
Psalm 23

Psalm 23

In this follow-up to his bestselling children's book, The Lord's Prayer, illustrator Richard Jesse Watson brings to life the beloved Psalm 23. Watson's use of vibrant color and detailed imagery beautifully captures the essence of the comforting words of David, bringing the King James Version of Psalm 23 alive for readers young and old.
Published February 5th 2013 by Zonderkidz, a division of Zondervan (first published February 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Psalm 23, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psalm 23

Margaret Chind
Jun 15, 2013 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Margaret by: Edelweiss
I have eagerly been waiting for the release of Psalm 23 after falling in love with the artwork and the simplicity of scripture verse in The Lord's Prayer and now that I have my hands on an advanced copy I'm in love. Definitely one to want a real copy and definitely one to recommend. The illustrations are absolutely lovely. Being able to flip through each page and just look, sharing the scripture divided up in easy to memorize bits and discussing the contemporary mix of historical imagery of lamb ...more
Dave Lester
Oct 05, 2016 Dave Lester rated it really liked it
Artist Richard Jesse Watson has created a uniquely beautiful rendition of 'The Lord is my Shepherd' found in Psalm 23. Using the King James verses, he inserts the lines with picturesque art communicating a child-like simplicity and faith in God's walking through life with people who believe in Him. I highly recommend this book to read to children.
Sunflower
Mar 13, 2015 Sunflower rated it it was amazing
What more eloquent poem to introduce children to, then Psalm 23. Filled with elegant illustrations, eye catchng typography and capturing the flow of Psalm 23, children are introduced to the Lords prayer in a way that starts the bedtime routine on the right foot, while encouraging children to dwell on a poem that speaks of God protection.

Toddlers as well parents will be drawn to the work of Richard Jesse
Watson and for me personally, even long after the kids are asleep, this is a beautiful bound
Raising
Feb 26, 2015 Raising rated it it was amazing
Psalm 23 is a children's board book that goes over Psalm 23, line by line on each page. The illustrations are gorgeous, and make it very easy to have a child understand what the Psalm is about. The book is meant for a child, but I think any adult reading this book to a child would enjoy it as well because of the beautiful Psalm and the rich pictures.

This is my husband's favorite Psalm, so he especially loved reading this book to our children. It is perfect to teach for memorization of this Psalm
Tammy
Feb 03, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing
I love children's books! And I'm loving all these sweet picture books that enable children to "view" the Word of God more visually.
The only other book that I've read that Richard Jesse Watson has illustrated is One Wintry Night by Ruth Graham Bell. He did such a grand job with this book that I knew Psalm 23 would be grand too. And it is.
Of course, the Psalms are one of my favorite books in the Old Testament and my son had to memorize Psalm 23 when he was in second grade so I wanted this book to
Diana
Feb 04, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book with many rich breath-taking illustrations. The children are so dear and precious with their glowing smiles. They're images are placed perfectly on the pages, surrounded with the most well known scripture passage in the Bible. The words of David are most comforting to the reader of any age. The nature scenes with sheep, birds and butterflies are surrounded by warm color hues. It's wonderful to see the beautiful style of the illustrator and how he depicts the Lord's loving ways ...more
Melanie
Feb 12, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
God of course being the author of Psalm 23, Mr Watson takes this beautiful Psalm and creates a illustrated version that is simply breathtaking! A beloved Psalm by many, I have even had my own children memorize this, to store in their hearts. The illustrations not only help with memorizing the Psalm, but brings it so much more to light. Mr. Watson illustrates each page with children, and incorporates the Biblical story within it. At the end of the book is the complete Psalm broken down into ...more
Sylvester
Oct 26, 2014 Sylvester rated it it was amazing
8* art
8* poetry

I wasn't sure how Squirt would take to poetry like this at only 2 1/2 yrs. He listened quietly and looked at the beautiful pictures and didn't get bored, so I consider that a good sign. We'll see what he thinks as he gets older. Poetry can be tricky to introduce to kids.
Nadia
Mar 02, 2013 Nadia rated it liked it
Yup, pretty much what the title says. Still King James language, and beautifully illustrated but not very engaging for littles. We'll read it in bits, b/c attempting a full reading meant I lost the kids after 20 seconds.
Jen
Mar 06, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
beautiful pictures to accompany big text.
Kyle Day
Kyle Day rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Meryem
Meryem rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Katie Casey
May 20, 2014 Katie Casey rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
Beautiful illustrations to go with the classic psalm.
Charity
Charity rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Ovi
Ovi rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Debbie Wood
Debbie Wood rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Katie Henderson
Katie Henderson rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Sally
Sally rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Jillian
Jillian rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Kellie Brown
Kellie Brown rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Erin Gruber
Erin Gruber rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Brechen R Santeramo
Brechen R Santeramo rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Kathryn Roach
Kathryn Roach rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Diana Mikaliūnaitė
Diana Mikaliūnaitė marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Chidi OKORO
Chidi OKORO marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2013
Trace
Trace marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Stacy Schrader
Stacy Schrader marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Freddy Setekia
Freddy Setekia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Anna Hughes
Anna Hughes marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Karen Painter
Karen Painter marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Aimee
Aimee added it
Nov 26, 2013
Bosslady6
Bosslady6 marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Emily Bareman
Emily Bareman marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Melaine
Melaine marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jolene
Jolene marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Seighmy
Seighmy marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015