Start by marking “Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)

Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  4,149 Ratings  ·  368 Reviews
When a problem at the supernatural dating agency where she works leads to Bathsheba Ward going on a date with were-cougar clan leader Beau Russell, she resists the subsequent attraction between them as she hides a secret.
Audiobook
Published May 28th 2012 by Tantor Media (first published October 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty Dates the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty Dates the Beast

Kat Kennedy
Author blurb for Jill Myles from the author profile for Jessica Clare:
After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a few books of her own - stories with a wild adventure, sharp banter, and lots of super-sexy situations. She prefers her heroes alpha and half-dressed, her heroines witty, and she loves nothing more than watching them overcome adversity to fall into bed together.

If you are wondering why I'm quoting Myles' author blur
Yelena
Oct 16, 2012 Yelena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Allow me to start out by saying that I was prepared to like this book. I was looking forward to a fun, supernatural romance with a spunky heroine and a sexy hero. I was even prepared to overlook the fact that the heroine is named Bathsheba (although admittedly, I cringed with increasing intensity every time he calls her “Sweet Bathsheba” – actually, I might have thrown up in my mouth a little just then).

But I might have managed to enjoy the book, if the heroine was not so excruciatingly idiotic.
Viri
Dec 26, 2016 Viri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3.5 ***

¡Me gustó mucho!

La verdad no esperaba que me gustara tanto pero toda la historia de cambiantes y esas cosas me mantuvo pegada hasta que no pude parar.
El género paranormal es algo que me fascina y si viene con toques de humor... me vuelve loca. ❤
Beau FUE maravilloso, sexy, encantador... un pícaro protector que me tenía babeando y Bath fue un poco tonta la verdad pero bueno, era una mujer acostumbrada a estar sola y a protegerse a ella y a su hermana contra todos.
Además ya muero de gan
★★★
Last month, I started this series out of order. I wanted to try it out so I picked up the second installment to test out because it was the one with the highest goodreads ratings. I could tell there was a backstory I was missing out on but it wasn't too bad. It earned a shiny four stars from me and I knew it was a series I wanted to continue. So, now I'm starting in proper order. Yay!

Beauty Dates the Beast is the first installment in Jessica Sims's adult, urban fantasy series titled: Midnight
MelissaB
Okay story but the heroine did some dumb stuff, like running straight into danger and not trusting the hero at all. She was frustrating. I wish we would have had the hero's point of view, I didn't get a good read of his feelings for her.
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Apr 14, 2015 Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2rtw
Beauty Dates The Beast was cute, fun, and sexy with some action an mystery laced in. I really enjoyed it because I assumed it was going to be another basic retelling of Beauty and The Beast, but it wasn't.

The Beauty in the story happens to be Bathsheba , and the Beast is Beau. Now, Bathsheba is a regular ol' human woman in her mid-twenties just trying to keep herself and her little sister safe. Bathsheba and her sister work at the Midnight Liaisons Agency, which is a dating service for the para
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Bathsheba and her sister, Sara, both work at a dating service for supernatural beings called Midnight Liaisons. Beau calls looking for another date since his canceled and decides he wants Bathsheba. Only problem is that humans can't date supes....or can they?

Being a fan of Jill Myles and her Succubus Diaries series along with having already read the first chapter or so, I had a pretty good feeling that I would like this book and I did.

I loved Bathsheba...she was just sooo funny. I loved how sh
Jessie
Oct 26, 2011 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle
More like 3.5 stars. I rounded up, because I really did enjoy this book, even with the issues I discuss below.

This was a fun, light, fast read. The funny back cover copy and a recommendation from an author I trust were enough incentive for me to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did.

The story was interesting and fast-paced, and I have to admit that I stayed up well past my normal bedtime to finish the book in one sitting. It's been a while since a book captured me that well.

I did have a couple is
 ~V~
Oct 15, 2011 ~V~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute, funny and sexy paranormal romance! A very quick and light read. This was my first book by Jessica Sims aka Jill Myles and it won't be my last...the ending set things up for the next book which i'm definitely looking forward to!
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)

Bathesheba and her sister Sarah work at Midnight Liaisons dating service which services the Supernaturals dating needs. When a client is stood up, Bathesheba has to fill in or risk the wrath of a very important client. In addition, Bathesheba couldn't anger her boss Giselle who was blackmailing her with information pertaining to Sarah, which would compromise Sarah's safety. What's Bathesheba to do when she's being pulled in so many directions?

I enjoyed this story. It wasn't too heavy and it wasn
Leigh
Nov 09, 2011 Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great first book in a series, and I really look forward to continuing it!

Bathsheba and her sister work at a dating agency especially for paranormal creatures. Enter Beau...were-cougar, sexy as hell bachelor, and head of the Alliance, an organization created for shifters who don't belong in "packs" like the wolves. He will be headed into heat in a week's time, and he needs a date to help him get through it. Although he is looking for a shifter, after speaking with Bath, he becomes enam
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
"I picked the laciest, sexiest bra and underwear and put them on under my jeans and sweater. Lingerie was ammunition in the war of the sexes, and I planned on loading my guns."

This was a quick, fun read. Sometimes silly, often sexy, it's just what you'd expect from Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles, author of the Succubus Diaries).

The synopsis (which is hilarious) shows that this book is on the lighter side and suggests that it will be filled with sexual situations. So as long as you keep your expect
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

BEAUTY DATES THE BEAST, the first book in the Midnight Liaisons series by Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles) is exactly what I hoped it would be based on the cover and description: super sexy, super fun, and full of super hot shifters.

Bathsheba is a human pencil pusher working at a paranormal dating service. She is fiercely protective of her younger sister Sara and has gladly sacrificed her own personal happiness in order to keep Sara safe from a werewolf p
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

If you are looking for a hot and funny paranormal to spark up your summer, then let me sell this book to you. In a nutshell, Bathsheba is a human female working for a paranormal dating agency. She takes the calls, meets with clients, sets up dating profiles and tries to arrange dates. Her job description might have to extend to dating them when Beau calls in and his arranged date fell through and he needs someone stat. After a few minutes on the phone wi
Melanie
For some reason, the concept of this story reminded me of Gena Showalter's work, especially her earlier stuff. It was definitely lighthearted, and meant to be fun, with a curvy, virginal and supposedly quick-witted heroine - but the whole thing really came across as just plain cheesy IMO. I'm sorry to say it Jessica Sims (aka Jill Myles), but Showalter could have done this a whole lot better (and by that I mean in a way that at least made sense).

Pretty much right from the get go, this book had m
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is book one in the "Midnight Liaisons " series. This was somewhat violent toward the end, so I just wanted to let you know in case that was a issue for you. It wasn't for very long but just making note of it.
Bathsheba is somewhat on the run with her sister but they have been working at a paranormal dating company. Bathsheba is a human and has been trying to protect her younger sister who was bitten by her abusive boyfriend. Her sister even though she is can turn into a wolf she is afraid of
Emily
Human Bathsheba knows all about shifters, as the office manager to a shifter internet dating site, she is well aware of the habits and threats of shifters. Choosing this job was purposeful, Bathsheba is protecting her sister who was unwillingly changed and now a target for fellow wolf shifters because she is a rarity.

When another date is canceled, Bathsheba finds herself playing the role of date to Beau Russell, who is a clan leader. He does not seem phased that she is human, in fact shifters do
Ren
More like 2 and half star actually. Things get interesting nearing the end, that's why I added 1/2 stars rather than a weak 2 stars.

My first read by this author, and I'm not impressed!

My review might be bias, since I read this when I'm so tired. But I'm got more tired with a "familiar" paranormal trope and virginity things in this book. Add it with "hero-complex" and "TSTL moment" that the heroine has, make me irritated a lot. Even I know she got her name from Bible, "Bathsheba" is a kind of wei
Donna
Jun 14, 2015 Donna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ugggghhhhh
GAG! Not at all what I was expecting.

I liked the cynical attitude of the MC at the beginning. I thought that this was going to be funny, even though there were huge holes, blinking like a neon sign, in the mystery part of this. Then before the halfway mark, I understood, why the story was suffering like a mortally wounded animal....the author's "strength" (those are air quotes) wasn't the actual plot and its construction, but the trashy romance. UGHHHH.
Mandi Schreiner
Jul 29, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
Bathsheba and her sister, Sara, work for Midnight Liaisons, a high-class dating service for paranormals. Bathsheba is the office manager, while Sara follows up with clients and makes sure all dates go according to plan. While Bathsheba is a human, Sara was attacked six years ago by a werewolf, which infected her. After Bathsheba killed the man who changed her sister, Sara has no desire whatsoever to go live with the werewolf pack, which is violent. So, she has been hiding who she is for the past ...more
Bry
Oct 26, 2011 Bry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now when I finished this book I thought it was a 4 star book but in retrospect I am thinking 3 stars. But still I am going to give it 4 stars!

Confused?

Me too.

This book is what it is and I think in hindsight I am trying to turn it into something else. This book IS a PARANORMAL ROMANCE. Yes it is also a little bit urban fantasy but it is paranormal romance first and foremost. So as a PNR it is a 4 star book but as a UF book it is 3 stars.

The world the characters live in is your normal were, va
Karen
Dec 13, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't really expecting to like this one... werecats tend to be a little too precious and full of themselves for my taste in 'shifter romances (gee, sort of like cats), and the werewolves are kinda cast as the enemy in this book (not too surprising, but I LIKE werewolves, dammit... ah well, maybe they'll get a better rap in the next book). However, Beau is INCREDIBLY sexy and charming (although, yes, annoyingly high-handed), and both he and Bathsheba are fun and likeable characters. The book h ...more
Lover of Romance
Bathsheba, works for a company that sets up dates for paranormal beings of every kind. Although she is human, she knows that she must never date the clients. When a certain prestigious client, Beau. needs a date for the evening, when his date cancelled on him, she goes out with him against her better judgment. Then when sparks fly between them, she knows she is in deep trouble. Because not only is it forbidden to date Beau when it could easily get her fired from her job, and after having to pro ...more
Mel
I love the Succubus Diaries series by Jill Myles so I had to pick up her first book written as Jessica Sims. Beauty Dates the Beast is the first in the Midnight Liasons series and cracked me up from page one. It was funny, sexy and though predictable at times, I really enjoyed the concept. A dating service for those of the supernatural persuasion? It's genius really and I'm surprised I haven't seen more books like this.

I liked the characters. Beau is a super hunky alpha werecougar who has a lit
Marta Cox
Jun 25, 2013 Marta Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have seen a couple of reviews for this book and frankly I am amazed that they are just so dismal! I found this to be a fun sexy romantic paranormal tale with genuine laugh out loud moments!
Briefly we meet two sisters who work for a supernatural dating service! Yes I know why would hot shifters etc need this?! That's just the start of this joyful story that features enough twists and turns to well frankly keep this reader turning the pages! The eldest sister Bathsheba (love that name) works har
Shannon
Oct 11, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
2.5 rating. Stupidest girl ever...takes pills without knowing what it does...goes running when she thinks her sister is taken when she could just ask the guy protecting her...idiot. The only interesting part happened at the very end. Luckily it was a fast read.
Duck
The narrator's regular voice is pleasant enough. Her attempts at "southern" accents are worse than nails on a chalkboard. Much, much worse.

The heroine is beyond annoying. The storyline was interesting enough, but I just didn't mesh well with this author's writing style.
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
Oct 19, 2011 Benita Vehnom Ruiz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy-man, shifters
Cute easy read would recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a quick easy read. Love Beau and his possessive behavior with Bath!! Can't wait to read about Ramsey!!!
Sandra
Relectura 14/08/16: Vaya decepción me he llevado con la relectura de este libro. No he soportado nada pero nada a Beau, la mayoría de las veces se me hacía insoportable (sobre todo al principio) porque me parecía un estúpido arrogante que sabe que va a conseguir todo lo que quiere porque sí. Un claro ejemplo es en la primera cita que tienen los dos. Ugh, de verdad, qué imbécil me ha resultado, no lo he soportado nada. Lo peor de todo es que es posesivo y protector con Bath de una manera enfermiz ...more
Roxanne
He brushed my hair off my shoulders, playing with it. For some reason, he loved my hair. I thought of Arabella’s short curls and felt rather smug—she might have had a kick-ass body but I had prettier hair. Stupid, I knew, but I’d take whatever victories I could get.

3.5 Stars

When I heard Jill Myles aka Jessica Sims was writing a new series I was beyond excited. I adore her Succubus Diaries series and knew any book written by her would be fantastic and Beauty Dates the Beast did not disappoint.
  • Deuces Wild (Ridgeville, #6)
  • Succubi Are Forever (Succubus Diaries, #4)
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • Only in My Dreams (Halle Pumas, #5)
  • Eternity and a Day (Desires of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Kamikaze (Last Call, #1)
  • Her Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1)
  • Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
4720629
Jessica Sims lives in Texas. She hates writing a bio, so something cool will undoubtedly go here later when she actually thinks of something interesting to write. She has some cats, but what writer doesn’t? She plays video games and confesses to reading comic books. And she likes writing, but that one was pretty obvious.

More about Jessica Sims...

Midnight Liaisons (5 books)
  • Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)
  • Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3)
  • Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4)
  • Alpha Ever After (Midnight Liaisons, #5)