Start by marking “Is Anybody There?” as Want to Read:
Is Anybody There?

Is Anybody There?

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For Marcus Mullen, being a latchkey kid is no big deal. Every day after school, he picks up his key from its hiding place in the oak tree in the yard, and spends the afternoon working on his bike or cooking dinner for his mom and himself. It's been like that ever since his father died, and Marcus has never minded - until the day his key isn't there. That's only the beginni ...more
Published May 15th 1990 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Is Anybody There?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is Anybody There?

Lj bunker
This book starts out with Marcus Mullen going through his daily routines as a normal kid would do. He dose happen to be in a sorta unique situation his father has passed away so he cooks and doses other chores to help his mother. One day he comes home to find his key is not in its hiding spot. After this point in the book he has this creepy feeling about his house. Later on in the book he learns his mom is seeing a new man (Nick) at first and up until the end of the book he is unsure how he feel ...more
Jessica
In my elementary school years, this was my absolute favorite book to read. If I could have stole it from the school library I would have. Being a long time mystery buff, I always loved the build-up of suspense as Marcus is trying to figure out what is going on at his house. The book also shows how a boy must become the man of the house when tragedy strikes. A great book for any kid to read!
Duane
This is a great book for the beginner chapter readers who want an exciting story to keep them intrigued. Marcus is a latch-key kid and he never minded before until he starts to notice things missing and he wants to blame the new tenant upstairs who also happens to like his mom. Filled with great details and exciting story lines, you'll enjoy this story from beginning and end.
Janet Blowers
My youngest daughter had to read this one for her 4th grade class......so far it seems a little scary but I am sure it will turn out ok.

Update; It did turn out ok, but still thought it was not a good choice of reading. It is not ok to to tell your parents that your key went missing and then came back....really weird.
Demethius Jackson
I first read this in 5th grade during the early 90's and thoroughly enjoyed it this Christmas time mystery. Reading this book became one of my annual holiday traditions leading up to jr. high school, and I'd still recommend it to this day.
Rhayla
It was amazing I couldn't stop reading it!!
It was so good I thought it was one of the very best book's I've ever read!
Krystal
this is a pretty good book. you expect something to happen but then it doesn't.
Mary Smith
Read to sixth grade class
Jessica
Read it in 6th grade.
Ingrid
Ingrid marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Alicia
Alicia added it
Mar 27, 2015
Miss
Miss added it
Feb 20, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Amy Demars
Amy Demars marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Poornima
Poornima marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Kevin Scott
Kevin Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...
Smoky Night Fly Away Home The Wall S.O.S. Titanic Scary, Scary Halloween