Dare Me (Demon Underground, #5)

Dare Me (Demon Underground #5)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Someone is hunting shadow demons.
A magical amulet is trying to control Val.
A sexy cowboy vamp is tired of waiting.

When unknown demon hunters from a dark religious sect focus on killing Shade, Val’s ex-boyfriend and shadow demon, she has to bury her feelings of rejection and do her job as Paladin for the Demon Underground. But protecting Shade is more difficult than she eve...more
ebook
Published September 20th 2013 by Bell Bridge Books

To ask other readers questions about Dare Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare Me

Ferdy
Spoilers

A quick, fun read. It wasn't perfect… the story line was kind of all over the place but the majority of the characters, the world and the various relationships were enjoyable and easy to immerse into.

-Quick summary: Val (teenage vampire slayer/part succubus) has to protect her douchey ex from danger, on top of that she has to deal with all her angsty feelings.

-I had mixed feelings for Val, I guess she was a decent heroine overall… however, the way she acted sometimes made me dislike her....more
Grace Touch
As always, Blue has done a wonderful job of setting the scene for her readers and keeping them on their toes. Val continues to grow and learn from her mistakes, while still making more along the way; but hey, nobody's perfect.

Well, since Ms. Blue insisted on making the love triangle one of the main focuses of this book, I figure I'd humor everyone with some insight into that particular headache:

Val and Shade's relationship takes a turn for the worse after many trying occurrences in "Make Me."...more
Sunscented
Marsha
I love this series! It seems like so long since I've immersed myself into the world of the demon underground. I love reading about Val the succubus Paladin and her hellhound, Fang.

This story takes place shortly after Val accepts the position of Paladin. She is lonely, bored and Lola, her succubus side, is do weak operating only at about 10%. Shade won't feed her and she refuses all attempts for hell by the vampire, Austin. So, she goes out with Fang seeking trouble so she can feed. Unfortunately...more
Mateja

The Demon Underground is such a fun, cute and exciting series. With each new book the storyline is gets more exciting, the stakes are higher and the relationships between characters get more complex. For me, the characters and their interaction is the main draw of this series, the thing that makes me anxiously await each new installment. With so many different characters together the drama their different personalities create is simply delicious to read about. The pace of Dare Me was fa...more
Jaime
I love this series, but this book was a complete departure and not in a good way. The books in this series have been fast paced, full of action, and made you forget that they are YA. Unfortunately Dare Me was none of those things. The story moved at a snails pace, it was almost half way through the book before there was a villain and mission. Most of the book as filled with the whiny diatribe of Val, Shade, and Austin. The love triangle felt forced and unnecessary. Especially since so much of th...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
This series s what I like to call a diamond in a rough. Precious and not very well known, I have fallen in LOVE with this series. For fans of Vampire Academy and Mythos Academy, you will enjoy this book.

Plot: So, this is a series and this is the 5th book i the series. I have been following it since the first time I discovered it and look forward to every book released since. So, with that said the plot once again moves in so may dramatic ways. Val is fighting for life and is once again, fighting...more
Tammy
I really like this series, but this book didn't work for me.

Here's the good. Still liking Val. I felt she didn't have as much to do in this book as she usually does, which is weird because these are her books. I felt as if she spent too much time on manufactured drama when she could have been doing what she does best and kicking ass.

Also still loving Fang. Loving to death that Fang and Princess had puppies. Loving all things hellhound, mostly because they're the only ones who are honest about t...more
Mandy Rosas
So many things to be said about this book. First and foremost, I want (no, need) to declare my love for Val. Here's a gal who is just my kind of MC. She reminds me of Rose from Vampire Academy somewhat, and trust me when I say that is the highest compliment.
She's 18, she's a succubus and she kicks ass. As if that's not enough reason to love her, here's the cruncher: she doesn't need a guy to save her.
And that's why I'm so glad the book ended the way it did. Her relationship with Austin is so bea...more
Sara
I really, really liked this book, as always with the Demon Underground books.
There were some changes in this book. It wasn't as funny as it used to be with Fang and Val. Maybe because Fang's getting too serious, what with his responsabilities with Princess and the puppies, and Val's lack of strenght and her problem with Lola messing up her life big time. Shade's acting like an idiot didn't help either. He was too damn annoying for his own good. I really wanted to kick his sorry ass in this book...more
Darcy
While reading this one I didn't think that I would like the ending, didn't think certain relationship drama that revolved around Val would get settled and I wasn't sure what I wanted to happen. But by the end I was happy with how things ended, I think the one that walked away needed to grow a pair. Yes what happened was bad and hit close to him, but big picture, the decision was the only one to be made.

It drove me nuts how for most of the book Val lusted after Shade, while he wanted nothing to d...more
Maghon Thomas
I love this series! I can't help it. It's so unique and fun and exciting! You know, I think Val, other than being what she is, is so human sometimes. She started out in the beginning of the series a girl, with a small knowledge that she has some demon in her blood. She learns to go and take care of herself, she meets and falls in love, with Dan, and has her heart broken by Dan. But she keeps on keeping on. In book three, she meets Shade, finds out she has family, learns that there are people lik...more
Angie
2,5

Qu'est ce que la couverture craint ! On dirait une vieille couverture d'une collection pour enfant comme la bibliothèque verte/rose dans le temps, puis même si elle tente de représenter Val et Fang, l'effet est raté. Si l'on met de coté le fait qu'ils sont moches à presque en faire peur, l'illustration ne correspond pas du tout au genre représenté par ce roman dont il en donne une fausse idée.

Bref, bien qu'assez enthousiasmée par les 2 premiers volumes de cette série, j'en suis assez déçue de...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Dare Me is the fifth installment in the Demon Underground series. Valentine (Val) Shapiro has had more than her fair share of problems over the past few months. Ever since she lost her Slayer powers along with her V card to Slade (shadow demon), her succubus half, Lola, hasn't had the opportunity to fully charge her batteries, as it were, and fighting off challenges from vampires hasn't exactly been a walk in the park on a sunny day.

On the othe...more
Pommette Miriam
8.5

Moins bon que les précédents, mais toujours un excellent moment. J'ai hâte de savoir quand sort le tome 6!
Robbin
Shade was an idiot and I was rooting for Austin the whole time :)
Anne-Kathrine
Note 2
New twists and turns. I like where the book ended and def am interested in reading the next one (I'm sure there will be a next one :) )
Lindsay
Dmbets
I enjoy reading series...fun to revisit characters...however, this wasn't one of the stronger books in the series, still enjoyable though.
Griff
A twisted continuation to the story... so glad we get to learn more about Shade and his past and loving more Austin!!!
Maryuri Delgado zerpa
Maryuri Delgado zerpa marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Karolina
Karolina marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jade Spence
Jade Spence marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Sep 18, 2014
  • Elven Blood (Imp, #3)
  • A Cold Day in Hell (Hellcat, #3)
  • Walk on the Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2)
  • Disenchanted & Co. (Disenchanted & Co., #1)
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • Hell's Belle (Hell's Belle, #1)
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell, #1)
  • Broken Heart Tails (Broken Heart, #8.5)
  • Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
  • Witch for Hire (Witch for Hire #1)
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • Moon Spun (Unbidden Magic, #3)
  • Bloodshifted (Edie Spence, #5)
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
  • A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • Stormrise (Storm Chronicles #1)
Who is Parker Blue? Well, I live in Colorado Springs with my dog, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Val's part-hellhound mutt, Fang.

I hate writing bios so that's all you're gonna get. Okay, okay. Instead of more boring bio stuff, how about some of my likes and dislikes?

Stuff I love, in no particular order:

- The color red—a bright, orange-red just makes me happy.
- Shiny things. I must have been...more
More about Parker Blue...
Bite Me (Demon Underground, #1) Try Me (Demon Underground, #2) Fang Me (Demon Underground, #3) Make Me (Demon Underground, #4) Forget You (Demon Underground #4.5)