Start by marking “Fatal Harvest” as Want to Read:
Fatal Harvest

Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Riveting contemporary romantic suspense from bestselling author Catherine Palmer

Teenager Matt Strong discovers a secret that could expose the indiscretions of the conglomerate who controls the world's food supply. Now he's been framed for murder and is on the run. Matt's father, Cole Strong, enlists the help of Matt's teacher Jill Pruitt to find the boy and save his life.
Audio CD, Abridged
Published July 15th 2003 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Harvest

Elaine
Goons from a huge food conglomerate who deal with genetically-modified seeds, are after the Mattman. He has some information they don't want leaked. Matt's only wanting the poor in starving countries, to be fed.

It's a race across countries in this first book in the "Fatal Harvest" series. Matt lacks social skills and Billy is too trusting. Cole is headstrong with Jill trying to teach him to trust God. As Matt and Billy attempt to hand over information to the right people, Cole and Jill are tryi
Nellie
Matt researches a paper, and finds out secrets about one of the worlds largest food suppliers, and then is implicated in a murder. He sets off running from the bad guys, and his father and teacher set out to find him.
I liked this book, but didn't LOVE it. I do like Catherine Palmers style, but her books are a little preachy. I didn't love the ending of this book. I thought the ending was a little abrupt. She could have wrapped things up a bit cleaner, and added another chapter or two.
Beth - ;)
I really enjoyed this book. It started out slowly and I was not sure but then picked up to keep me interested through to the end. There is a very strong Christian message throughout about feeding the hungry and trusting God to keep him safe, that has a 16 year old boy travelling from the U.S. to Mexico and then Sudan to expose a dark secret, as well as his father and high school teacher who are trying to find him.
Mary Ann
This story reminds me of a documentary my youngest son, Kevin, sent to me several years ago, and also book I read years ago about our threatened food supply caused by losing the stock that current hybrids were developed from. I wish there had been a bit more of this danger included in the story. This seemed to be an ideal vehicle to raise awareness of this potential danger to the world's food supply.
Ratforce
Fans of Debra White Smith’s Christian suspense may also enjoy Catherine Palmer. The combination of mystery and inspirational fiction may appeal to you. This is the first in the Haven series.
Lisa Carter
With the fast-paced adventure of an Indiana Jones movie, heart-pounding romance and faith-filled inspiration, Catherine Palmer's Fatal Harvest cannot be topped.
Candy Oosthuizen
At first I thought it would be a fast paced page turner. Turned out I was wrong. Easy read with a few exciting moments but on the whole a dull book.
Christy King
Very intriguing. Slow to start but once it did, I had a difficult time stopping. Almost completed in one sitting.
Melissa
Quick, easy read. Entertaining but not believable.
Rebecca
clean, but slow.
Annette Strunk
Annette Strunk marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jtaylorjp06
Jtaylorjp06 marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Rita
Rita added it
Oct 03, 2014
Jacquie Lewin
Jacquie Lewin marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Julia Wilson
Julia Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
  • Second Opinion (Healing Touch Series, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • Like a River Glorious (Victorian Serenade #1)
  • Vital Signs (The Baxter Series #3)
  • Dark Justice
  • Gone in a Flash: A Women of Justice Story (Women of Justice, #4)
  • In the Shadow of Evil
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Secrets, Lies & Alibis
  • Deep Blue
  • And Then There Were Two (Danielle Ross Mystery, #2)
  • Riptide (Julesburg Mystery Series #2)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...
Prairie Rose (A Town Called Hope, #1) A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1) The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2) The Affectionate Adversary (Miss Pickworth Series #1) Finders Keepers