Start by marking “Fatal Harvest” as Want to Read:
Fatal Harvest

Fatal Harvest (Haven #1)

Riveting contemporary romantic suspense from bestselling author Catherine Palmer

Teenager Matt Strong discovers a secret that could expose the indiscretions of the conglomerate who controls the world's food supply. Now he's been framed for murder and is on the run. Matt's father, Cole Strong, enlists the help of Matt's teacher Jill Pruitt to find the boy and save his life.
Audio CD, Abridged
Published July 15th 2003 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 25th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Harvest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Harvest

Elaine
Nov 24, 2008 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Goons from a huge food conglomerate who deal with genetically-modified seeds, are after the Mattman. He has some information they don't want leaked. Matt's only wanting the poor in starving countries, to be fed.

It's a race across countries in this first book in the "Fatal Harvest" series. Matt lacks social skills and Billy is too trusting. Cole is headstrong with Jill trying to teach him to trust God. As Matt and Billy attempt to hand over information to the right people, Cole and Jill are tryi
Mary Ann
This story reminds me of a documentary my youngest son, Kevin, sent to me several years ago, and also book I read years ago about our threatened food supply caused by losing the stock that current hybrids were developed from. I wish there had been a bit more of this danger included in the story. This seemed to be an ideal vehicle to raise awareness of this potential danger to the world's food supply.
Beth - ;)
I really enjoyed this book. It started out slowly and I was not sure but then picked up to keep me interested through to the end. There is a very strong Christian message throughout about feeding the hungry and trusting God to keep him safe, that has a 16 year old boy travelling from the U.S. to Mexico and then Sudan to expose a dark secret, as well as his father and high school teacher who are trying to find him.
Nellie
Feb 24, 2011 Nellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matt researches a paper, and finds out secrets about one of the worlds largest food suppliers, and then is implicated in a murder. He sets off running from the bad guys, and his father and teacher set out to find him.
I liked this book, but didn't LOVE it. I do like Catherine Palmers style, but her books are a little preachy. I didn't love the ending of this book. I thought the ending was a little abrupt. She could have wrapped things up a bit cleaner, and added another chapter or two.
Cathy Houston
good read
Candy Oosthuizen
At first I thought it would be a fast paced page turner. Turned out I was wrong. Easy read with a few exciting moments but on the whole a dull book.
Christy King
Jun 05, 2013 Christy King rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very intriguing. Slow to start but once it did, I had a difficult time stopping. Almost completed in one sitting.
Peter DeHaan
Nov 18, 2015 Peter DeHaan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Couldn't book the book down. Read it one day.
Lisa Carter
With the fast-paced adventure of an Indiana Jones movie, heart-pounding romance and faith-filled inspiration, Catherine Palmer's Fatal Harvest cannot be topped.
Ratforce
Fans of Debra White Smith’s Christian suspense may also enjoy Catherine Palmer. The combination of mystery and inspirational fiction may appeal to you. This is the first in the Haven series.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2010 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick, easy read. Entertaining but not believable.
Marina
Marina rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Jodi
Jodi rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2010
Helen P
Helen P rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2010
Abigail Mitchell
Abigail Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Candice
Candice rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2011
Allie Outhouse
Allie Outhouse rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2017
Macy
Macy rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2008
Clover
Clover rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Lyla
Lyla rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2008
Wendy Sparkes
Wendy Sparkes rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2013
Amsholtes
Amsholtes rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
Cody
Cody rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2008
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Safe Haven (Hideaway #2)
  • The Hidden
  • Gone in a Flash (Women of Justice, #3.5)
  • The Final Crumpet (Royal Tunbridge Wells Mystery #2)
  • The Protector's Promise (The Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Deadfall
  • Fear No Evil
  • Undertow (The Julesburg Mysteries #3)
  • And Then There Were Two (Dani Ross Mystery #2)
  • Double Identity
  • Deep Blue
  • Betrayed

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...

Haven (3 books)
  • Thread of Deceit (Haven #2)
  • Stranger In The Night (Haven #3)