Start by marking “Every Why” as Want to Read:
Every Why

Every Why

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Six Women. A mysterious invitation. Their lives will be changed forever if they accept. Why have these women been chosen to stay in a Scottish Castle? Will it become a holiday of a lifetime, or four weeks fraught with problems for which the women struggle to find answers?

The book deals with relationships. Put together Angus McPhail, the Laird of Dunnbray; six women, of all
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 256 pages
Published March 21st 2012 by The Retreat

To ask other readers questions about Every Why, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Why

I did really enjoy the story and liked the characters. Unfortunately, accepting the risk that I begin sounding like a broken record, it desperately needs proper editing.

A good start would be a basic proofread to clean up the lacking quotation marks, the wrong halves of "smart" quotes, and other similar issues that frequently require the reader to break out of the story and decipher the author's intention.

I find that the author has a lyrical writing style, but at least some semblance of proper g
Lynda Kelly
This was a great book. A really intriguing tale. Six women are sent letters offering them a free holiday of a lifetime in a Scottish castle. None know the other apart from Susan and her mother Phyllis who both get a letter. Will all of them accept or not and what is the mystery alluded to in the letters ? Not sure I'd go as I'd not believe it, to be honest !! It was a terrific story and there promises a sequel at the end which is still to be written but I hope to read too. It was nice to "meet" ...more
Sandi Whipple
Though there were a few grammatical errors, I judge a book by the story and how it piques my interest. I have never read a book that didn’t have at least one or two grammatical errors, including my own. Unlike some, enough said on that subject.

Re: the book, well who would turn down a four week long holiday at a castle in Scotland? Well, the six women in this book didn’t. I find it difficult to believe that six women would accept it though, without knowing why, by whom, and what was involved. Onc
I'm frustrated that the sequel's not out yet. this is a sign of a captivating book.
Alison  Johnson
Six women all receive mysterious invitations to attend a four week long holiday at a castle in Scotland. They are cut off from the rest of the world. Property gates are locked, there is not any cellphone signal nor is there a house phone. A story about why these women were choosen and what they were choosen for. They all have huge decisions to make. I did enjoy it.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Six woman from a variety of backgrounds are sent a mystifying invitation to a large house in Scotland. Thinking they’re getting a holiday, the benefactor has other plans, and a few surprises for them. An unusual story with a good twist or two.
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Lianne marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Emma Donovan
Emma Donovan marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Betsy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Paul Motsuk
Paul Motsuk marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Tonya Tack
Tonya Tack marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Jaime Rispoli-Roberts
Jaime Rispoli-Roberts marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Misty Nash bull
Misty Nash bull marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Bev marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Marnie Eichele
Marnie Eichele marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Sally Cottrell
Sally Cottrell marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
KH added it
May 26, 2015
Olga marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Christina marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Alanna Fowler
Alanna Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Monica added it
Aug 25, 2014
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Joanne Kenmure
Joanne Kenmure marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014