Start by marking “Too Many Doubts (The Sweet Life, #3)” as Want to Read:
Too Many Doubts (The Sweet Life, #3)

Too Many Doubts (The Sweet Life #3)

For Jessica and Elizabeth, the sweet life begins at 30…

Three years after the events of Sweet Valley Confidential, Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield are back in Sweet Valley and inseparable once more. But Jessica, now a mother, finds her marriage to Todd in jeopardy after she makes a terrible mistake. Meanwhile, reality TV star extraordinaire Lila Fowler’s fame-seeking scheme
Published July 22nd 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Too Many Doubts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Many Doubts

Virginia Mae
Jul 25, 2012 Virginia Mae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD ELIZABETH WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID.
Samantha March
Aug 03, 2012 Samantha March rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hot new eSeries Sweet Valley Confidential just keeps getting juicer! In installment 3, Too Many Doubts, Elizabeth is still struggling with the allegations that her boyfriend Bruce Patman assaulted and attempted to rape a young woman at a bar. She even begins to help the alleged victim, knowing she is putting her relationship with Bruce in jeopardy. But she just has too many doubts that Bruce might not be telling the whole truth, and trusts her reporters intuition to help uncover the truth. J ...more
Bonnie Raz
Getting predictable...and silly...and short. #1 was nice and long, each book is shorter than the one before.
kylajaclyn
Welcome to "Digging More Holes than 'Holes'" or The Sweet Life #3, "Too Many Doubts."

Sigh.

When we last left our Fly Dunces of Sweet Valley, things were getting just a trifle messy. This one does end in a cliffhanger, natch, but it doesn't really make much progress from Lies and Omissions. It was rather boring.... kind of like all the Sweet Valley books not about Jessica and Elizabeth (and even some that were about them).

So let's get Lila out of the way. I hate to say that, but she is no longer
Sara
Continuing the saga of Liz, Jessica, Todd, Lila, Bruce, and the rest of the Sweet Valley gang at 30...

We pick up where the last book left off. Bruce has been (gasp!) arrested, Jessica wants to hire a former classmate to be his defense attorney, and Liz is being her usual meddling self - and she's about to be busted for it!

It was pretty awesome to see Liz get called out on her "I must find out the truth! It's not meddling, it's journalism!" routine. How many times did she pull this in the Sweet
Cheryl
Aug 12, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Sweet Life: Too Many Doubts book three, Bruce Patman is losing it. Elizabeth has left him. Liz was suppose to have Bruce's back. Bruce can not just sit around and do nothing. He hires a private investigator to find the intern. The private investigator tracks down Robin. Bruce decides to confront Robin himself. This can only be bad news for Bruce.

Meanwhile, Sarah may have been fired from the Tribune due to Jessica but Sarah is finding confort in the arms of Todd. Jessica and Todd may have
Rebecca
Jul 23, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The lamest of the E-serial so far. This line made me laugh out loud though: "[Elizabeth] calmed down Robin with a Tylenol PM." Elizabeth Wakefield, drugging people, who saw that coming. It was an over-the-counter drug though, so I guess that is still very Elizabeth Wakefield of her.
Jul 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How could anyone who read svh books not read these super cheesy short stories?!?
Victoria
Aug 06, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twins, sweet-valley
In traditional Sweet Valley fashion, this third installment opens right where The Sweet Life #2: Lies and Omissions ended. Plenty of drama abounds here - from new problems like a kidnapping, to a "pregnancy", to further development of the legal drama and continued heartbreak for both of the Wakefield twins. And though I originally disagreed with these pairings (well, not the Jessica-Todd relationship - in those secret high school diaries they had quite the fling, but I never liked it in the high ...more
Fran
Jan 18, 2013 Fran rated it liked it
This instalment features a totally ridiculous baby plot, that introduced and resolved in three very short chapters. I'd wondered why there was a totally pointless Steven chapter in the previous part, but this explains it. Of all the ridiculous things going on in this book, that was probably the most ridiculous. Also, the way they're describing baby Emma and 'the Jessica gene' makes it sound like she's going to grow up to be a psychopath. If this were a film, or tv series, I'd suspect that they w ...more
Paula  Phillips
Aug 12, 2012 Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing in Too Many Doubts, we discover that things just aren't adding
up in the Bruce Patman vs Robin Platt rape case. As Elizabeth went
undercover as Laura the therapist to hear Robin's side of the story, what
will Bruce's reaction be when he discovers the truth and feels betrayed ?
Will we see the old SVH Bruce re-appear ? Hearts stop beating,as tragedy
strikes Steven and Aaron Wakefield when their daughter Emma is kidnapped.
Is it to do with the Patman case or something entirely different ? Jes
Melinda Elizabeth
Too Many Doubts picks up with the ‘Lies and Omissions’ in book two. Once truths are revealed, Jessica and Elizabeth need to decide who they believe and what they are going to do. Elizabeth has removed herself from Bruce in order to get some ‘perspective’, but the mere fact that she had to doubt him has caused more damage than she ever imagined. Jessica is trying to mend her broken marriage by sticking to her word (and grand gestures), only to have her nemesis (or one of them at least) open the d ...more
Selina
Oct 24, 2012 Selina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Todd in this book at all really. Disappointing. Also, the random two second plot line with Aaron and Steven seemed trite and stupid. Why even bring it up? Their plot line bugs me. This book seemed so focused on the Bruce/Elizabeth plotline, which is the least interesting, in my opinion. I'm going to finish up all six of the books, but they seem to be more and more melodramatic and over the top- but I guess that is just Sweet Valley!
Melyssa Dawn Michaels
the more I read these books the more I find myself enjoying them. At least in the way that its written. its a fast paced story and good for the usual stop and go I have to deal with. my only issue with this edition is the Steven Wakefield baby story. it came out of nowhere and instead of being built on was over even quicker then it began. otherwise this was a decent read.
Kelsey
Sep 24, 2012 Kelsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing really new to say about this book that I didn't cover in writing about the other two. It stays on the same Sweet Valley path, with again a few obvious story lines. I do have to say though I'm getting more into being back in Sweet Valley. As soon as I finished this one I wanted to read the next, whereas the first two I read I wasn't sure if I'd continue with the series.
Jenna
Aug 07, 2012 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm trying to not fly through these books, but it's really hard not to. I grew up with these girls and to have them be my age going through life experiences that are similar to mine and friends around me (except for the whole rape accusation thing) is awesome!!! I really hope the author puts out more of these for us loyal fans! I hate that this is the second to the last one!!
Stacy
Aug 31, 2012 Stacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's so nice to see that the SVH gang have all matured so well, no longer making impulsive, thoughtless and/or selfish, out and out idiotic life choices. Oh wait, no, that's Bizarro world Sweet Valley! THIS Sweet Valley population hasn't grown up in the least!!! If only it would all work out magically in the end...but that'll NEVER happen, I'm sure!
Jessica
Jul 06, 2012 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't read anymore of these. They are terrible. Obviously my love for these books aren't what they used to be, or the series just isn't what it used to be because I can't stand the writing or any of the characters (but mostly the awful, awful writing!)
Leesh
Oct 24, 2012 Leesh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am done with this series. The book drags along and only gets better towards the end, then leaves you with a cliffhanger. Even though I bought the ebooks on sale, I am glad that I didn't invest in buying the entire series. Time to move on to other books with more substance.
Laura Beth
Jul 23, 2012 Laura Beth rated it did not like it
This really just phoned it in. Nothing really happened and it could have/should have been included with Book 2 or Book 4. Lots "...and this happened...". Eagerly awaiting the next but maybe I should have waited for the entire series to be released in one volume. This was only 92 pages.
Karen
May 03, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
I love being able to read about Jessica and Elizabeth all grown up. Some things never change as I find myself wanting to shake Elizabeth and say how can you be this stupid?! I do wish these stories were longer but I will take what I can get.
Amanda
Nov 21, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
New developments help characterize all the major players. Classic Sweet Valley! Can Elizabeth find any faith in her, now ex, boyfriend? Looking forward to read how Lila's plan will work and how Jessica will take her new enemy out of the game.
Rouselle
Jul 27, 2012 Rouselle rated it liked it
Okay, I thought this third book and the second book should have been written as one book. Too short and a lot of cliff hangers. Aaaarrgghh. And I have to wait until tomorrow before the fourth book becomes available for download!
Maria
Jul 23, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok
Compulsively I feel the need to finish the series and see what happens.
Just had a random thought on whether it's just bad and she keeps changing what I expect from characters I know or I really just grew out of this entirely and can't relate anymore. Sighs.
sj
HE DID NOT!
Danielle Hartshorn
I'm hooked on this e-series. Just wish I'd read 'Ten Years Later' first, as this apparently picks up from where that left off. Reading that one next. A must-read for adults who grew up loving SVH!
Kelly Hager
Aug 15, 2012 Kelly Hager rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review on part 6.
Sheila Read
Jun 22, 2013 Sheila Read rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember the cover just not the story.
  • The Elusive Mr. McCoy
  • Man in the Blue Moon
  • The Oak Tree Letters
  • I Am (Not) the Walrus
  • The Hungry Heart (Heart's Desire #1)
  • The Milk Memos: How Real Moms Learned to Mix Business with Babies-and How You Can, Too
  • The Smuggler Wore Silk (Spy in the Ton, #1)
  • Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single
  • Julia's Child
  • Point, Click, Love
  • It's Not Really About the Hair: The Honest Truth About Life, Love, and the Business of Beauty
  • The Betsy-Tacy Treasury (Betsy-Tacy, #1–4)
  • The Last Man on Earth (The Graysons, #1)
  • No Such Thing as Forever (Girl Heart Boy, #1)
  • Sad Desk Salad
  • City of Darkness (City of Mystery, #1)
  • The Next Season
  • Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

The Sweet Life (6 books)
  • The Sweet Life (The Sweet Life #1)
  • Lies and Omissions (The Sweet Life #2)
  • Secrets and Seductions (The Sweet Life #4)
  • Cutting the Ties (The Sweet Life #5)
  • Bittersweet (The Sweet Life #6)