Start by marking “Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)

Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,212 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
Once you’ve been touched by darkness, it never leaves you…

Abandoned by her parents as an infant; seventeen year old Hannah spent her childhood wading through countless foster families until being adopted by the Whitmans three years ago.

Unfortunately, Atlanta’s high society wasn’t quite ready for Hannah…or the strange events that plague her. Chilling visions of murder, une
Published January 28th 2014 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly (first published July 18th 2012)

Golden Blood by Melissa PearlSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsBeyond Oria Falls by Sheryl SealCircle of Five by Jan RaymondBeyond Bridalveil Fall by Sheryl Seal
Best Unknown Young Adult Books
60th out of 796 books — 1,534 voters
Ancient Blood by Brian Patrick McKinleyGhost Hand by Ripley PattonShield of Fire by Boone BruxKiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxForsaken by Kristen Day
Paranormal Diamonds in the rough
5th out of 104 books — 85 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne
If I took everything I hated from every other paranormal young adult book out there, and rolled it into a single book?
I'd call it...Forsaken.
I don't...I'm at a loss to understand.
There are lots of high ratings for this one, so I felt pretty comfortable when I settled into my chair to read this.
Immediately the alarm bells start clanging.

WARNING: THERE WILL BE LOTS OF SPOILERS!

Let me ask you this: Do you enjoy it when books drop the Name Brand Bomb every few minutes?
As in, She grabbed her Coach ba
Salvatore
Apr 29, 2015 Salvatore rated it liked it
3.5 Aquamarine stars

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Even though it was cheesy as hell, it reminded me both of twilight & harry potter series, I don't care because I used to love reading these books when I was younger and I have no shame in that.

I'm not sure if everyone would have enjoyed that book. I guess it depends on the person and the mood and what are you into. For example for me the hero was perfect. I like sexy, dark, mysterious heroes. He was all that a
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
Aug 29, 2013 ★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ rated it it was ok
2 Stars for the concept. 0 Stars for it's execution.

Recommended only to die hard twilight fans: If you thought Bella was too active, Edward wasn't creepy enough and the plot was downright too action packed, then look no further: you'll be eating this book right up.
Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble)
Jan 13, 2016 Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble) rated it really liked it
***Unfortunately, I will not be finishing this series. In the second book I was left wanting so much more - more passion, more honesty, and mainly more feelings invoked in me.
You can read my review about Awaken (Daughters of the Sea #2) here - Awaken: 3/5 Stars***

***3.75/5 Stars***

This was a fun book and I did enjoy it for the most part. I liked the characters, I found the potential for another BBF, the Sea God/Goddess paranormal element was fascinating and the way the story progressed was compl
Beth McCraw
Aug 25, 2012 Beth McCraw rated it it was amazing
WARNING! May Cause Sleep Deprivation!!

I sit here typing this review with coffee in hand and bags under my eyes from staying up until 3:30 am to finish this book! It is THAT good. When a book keeps me up like that, determined to find out what happens next, its a winner!

I am not going to go into a synopsis of the story, since others have done that already. I have never really wrote a review, but I did receive a copy of this book just for that honest take on it, so I will do my best.

To say that the
Kathylill
Feb 05, 2015 Kathylill rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Twilight was better than this ... Way better.

Michele Miller
My ability to write a coherent review has been seriously compromised by the last line of this book!

First let me say Kristen "You are a goddess!" Kristen offered up free copies of Forsaken to our read 2 review program in the Lovers of Paranormal book club in exchange for honest reviews and while it will be oh so hard I will now offer up my 'honest' review.

I LOVE, LOVE, will you marry me and raise little Nemo fishies with me LOVE this book! From the very beginning it was well executed as we see a
Stacy
Nov 24, 2014 Stacy rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect beachy read! I was instantly pulled into the story and couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what happened next. The characters are complex and interesting, and the author describes the beach location so vividly, you truly feel as if you are there. Main character Hannah/Stasia has not had an easy life, but she doesn't use it as a crutch; she uses it to make her stronger. I love a story with a strong heroine, and Stasia is definitely that!
I would recommend this story for re
Rya/Jenny
Aug 19, 2012 Rya/Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-review
Note - I received this book from the author for free in exchange for an honest review.

Hannah, orphaned as a baby comes into her own.

This story is absolutely amazing! I couldn't put it down.

The characters are great, very detailed and easy to relate to. The plot is thrilling and heartwarming all at the same time. I found this book to be very well written with the perfect pace of development.

Am looking forward to the next one in the series!
Shy The WidowMaker
Sep 23, 2012 Shy The WidowMaker rated it it was amazing
Forsaken was non-stop action from beginning to end and I loved every minute of it. This book gave us an in depth look at Nerieds and their story. And I have to say the story was a fantastic one. We start out meeting Stasia who is an adopted orphan that lives in Georgia. She attends a party and blacks out which results in her being sent to a therapist. The therapist suggests she go to a school for others like her. What she finds there changes everything for her.

Stasia soon learns the school is fo
Sven
Aug 26, 2012 Sven rated it liked it
Quote From The Book

I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and sat straight up in bed.
“Hello?” I whispered, my voice scratchy. A figure materialized near the window and my chest tightened with fear. He stepped into the light of the candle.
“Hi,” Finn’s grin was laced with mischief as he sat down on the side of the bed. “How’re you feeling?” He shouldn't have been allowed to look that good. He was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, but the way he moved
and the confident vibe he carried with hi
Arii
Oct 16, 2012 Arii rated it it was amazing
Received this book in exchange for a review.

While I'm usually not drawn to books that are based on mythology/fantasy, this book intrigued me from the start. Not only is the storyline interesting, the main character is easy to relate to. Her friends are not only likeable they also add humor and depth to the story. (Warning: If you're prone to late night cravings this book will definitely have you reaching for a cupcake or two!) The book draws you in and I found it hard to put down. You get to e
Maryam Dinzly
Dec 15, 2015 Maryam Dinzly rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. And that does not affect my opinion in any way, but OH MY GOD GUISE THIS BOOK IS AHHHHMAZING.

I immediately went to click To Be Read for the whole series on Goodreads upon finishing this book. I'm gonna list down the reasons as to WHY you should read this book and LOVE it.

1) This book is about sea gods and goddesses. I know most books nowadays wrote about Greek Gods. But this particular book actually has Sirens, Nereids and su
Siobhan
Oct 20, 2015 Siobhan rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this one more than I did because of the concept; alas almost everything else let me down…

So the concept, it’s super cool. We’re all tired of the overused vampires – we have been for a long time now. So yeah, when something non-vampires comes along I eat it up. Hell, none of the supernatural clichés appeared here. No vampires or werewolves, just this wonderful world of sea gods and goddesses. So yeah, I loved that part of it.

But then the story… it seemed to come from a col
Mary
Apr 08, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Best Part of Book: Hello, FINN! *swoon* Now, now, I am getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning. Hannah is adopted and has issues with nightmares/fainting spells. In her dreams there is always this "guy" that is there with her. Well, her adopted family sends her to a professional to "help" her. She agrees and goes. Within a short amount of time with the therapist, she is shipped off to a school that could help her with these issues.

When Hannah is there she ends up changing her nam
Jenna
Mar 08, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Received this book as a R2R for an honest review...

I really liked this book from start to finish it had me hooked, I liked the mystery behind Finn and the relationship between Finn and 'Stasia' and between her and her friends, I don't want to say too much in risk of spoiling the other people who haven't read it. I can't wait to get the 2nd book :)
Also I don't know what it is with YA books these days but they always have a girl character who meets a boy and within 5 minutes of meeting him she lov
Toni
Aug 18, 2012 Toni rated it it was amazing
First off.. LOVED IT!!!!

Hannah Whittman.. Left on the front steps of a police station. She doesn't know where she came from, who here parents were! Now she can't seem to fit in anywhere! At the age of 17 she starts having black outs and dreams that gets her sent away a special school for kids like her in NC.
This is where things get interesting!!! She gets to change her name, HOT guys and most of all she gets accepted, but thats only part of it.. There is sooo much more Sea Goddess, Tydes, Nerie
Laura Hernandez
Apr 04, 2016 Laura Hernandez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The extraordinary story of Hannah aka Anastasia jumped out of the pages and completely captivated me from beginning to end as we follow her story as an orphan to adopted to discovering her true genealogy. Full of descendants of the Gods and Goddesses of the sea and beautifully written. I have formed an emotional attachment to Anastasia and Finn and can't wait to throw myself into the rest of the series.
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
I received a copy on this book by Kristen Day Via Netgalley

Okay this book was... nice.

The premise said that it's got Mythology, Sirens AND romance.

So we begin this story by understanding that a young girl named Hannah was given away to adoption when she was just a baby. The first 13 years of her life was hell.

Hannah gets flashbacks of things she cannot understand. So the day she has a vision of a murder and a blue-eyed hottie who may be a murder...yea.

As Hannah is adopted by a family who desi
Devlin
Oct 23, 2012 Devlin rated it really liked it
I was a bit hesitant before reading this book since it's not in my usual romance genre, BUT i loved it!
Very well written, with the flow moving along perfect. Kept me up late just trying to find out what was going to happen next.

The characters were well developed and this story is very well written. Great debut book from Kristen Day, looking forward to the next one!
Cristina
Great start to a Sea Godess series...I actually have a few of these kind of books on my TBR shelf and I'm glad I got the opportunity to start with this one. It has mystery, it has action, it has romance, but most of all it has this wonderful goodness about it that made me smile.

I would write more, but I want to read the next one more-er.
Tracey (YA Book Addict)
Sep 18, 2012 Tracey (YA Book Addict) rated it it was amazing
In the first year of her life Hannah was given away by her parents in the hope that she would lead a somewhat normal and protected life. Shuttled around from foster home to foster home until she is eventually adopted by the Whitmans. And while she has the constant presence of a family, Hannah still doesn't quite fit into the slot that the family expects.

Hannah is plagued by dreams and nightmares. Some of these nightmares are very real visions from her past while others she has no idea what they
Melissa Simmons
Sep 05, 2012 Melissa Simmons rated it it was amazing
Shelves: utopya
Forsaken is the first novel in the Daughters of the Sea series by Kristen Day. When I read the synopsis of this book on Goodreads I was instantly intrigued. When I learned that YARN was doing a blog tour I signed up right away. I enjoyed every second of this book.

We see the story through the eyes of Hannah, the main character. She is a wonderful character; tough but sweet, sassy, brave and funny. You can't help but love her as you follow her journey to discover who she really is. She is my favo
Tiffani
Oct 20, 2012 Tiffani rated it really liked it
It started off okay. A little 'common', you could say, but okay nonetheless. We've all read the stories and seen the films about the baby being dropped off at a house or the church steps (or, in this case, the police station) so that was nothing new.
What did intruige me though, was the seagod/godess aspect because, aside from the Percy Jackson books, I've never really seen, let alone read a book about those. I mean, it can be a fun read, but I'm getting really sick and tired of all those books w
Marisa
Aug 31, 2012 Marisa rated it liked it
Shelves: read2review
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Overall, I liked Forsaken, but there were a couple things keeping me from loving it. Let me start this review off on a good note and state that I really liked the mythology and general concept of the book. Part of me was sort of questioning that if Poseidon and all the Nereids are real in this world, are the rest of the Greek gods real too? I adore how this just focused on a specific portion of the Greek gods rather than the who
Rachel
Sep 25, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked up Forsaken to read. I hadn’t read the synopsis so went into it completely blind. Hannah had a life that wasn’t all that great to be honest. She was left abandoned by her parents and a very young age and ended up in the foster care system until she was eventually adopted at the age of 14 to a well off family.

Three years later Hannah started to have odd dreams and fainted a lot and was taken to a special doctor, who then sent her to live at The House of
Danielle (Dannie)
Oct 25, 2012 Danielle (Dannie) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!!
Recommended to Danielle (Dannie) by: Goodreads and the author
I absolutely loved this book!! The story follows Hannah in her early years as she endures hardship and struggle in her life. It follows her to the next stage of her life as she is sent to an island where strange and unusual things happen. She renames herself Anastasia and begins to re-invent her life with the help of three new-found friends and a few others as well. She learns to trust, love, enjoy, laugh, live, and so much more - and all the while she is still continuing in her struggle to beco ...more
Jill Swanson-Diaz
Captivating and addictive... yes, that is exactly the way to describe this series! I am not a fan of mermaid stories or even those about sirens, so going into this book I was not sure what I was going to feel. I am happy to say that Forsaken was not at all what I was expecting. I was blown away by how much I enjoyed this book. It's premise is so much more than what I first perceived it to be. I was also relieved that mermaids play no part in this book. It is strictly mythology based and the auth ...more
Joelle

Format:Kindle
Published:Kristen Day
Source:author copy Genre:Paranormal Romance

About Book

Once you’ve been touched by darkness, it never leaves you…

Abandoned by her parents as an infant; seventeen year old Hannah spent her childhood wading through countless foster families until being adopted by the Whitman's three years ago.

Kristine
Aug 19, 2012 Kristine rated it it was amazing
  • Blood Debt (Touched, #1)
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #1)
  • Anomaly (The New Haven Project, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3)
  • Contingency (Sage Hannigan Time Warper, #1)
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • Artemis Rising
  • Mayan Blood (The Stone Legacy Series, #1)
  • The Stone Guardian
  • The Pantheon (Olympia Heights, #1)
  • Persephone (Daughters of Zeus #1)
  • Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles, #1)
  • The Athena Effect (The Athena Effect, #1)
  • Semester Aboard (More than Magic, #1)
  • First Frost (Frost Series #1)
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Cora: The Unwilling Queen (Cora, #1)
I am a southern belle at heart with a crazy streak that desperately tries to escape at every opportunity. I love all things nostalgic, rustic, and quirky. I've been told I see the world through rose-colored glasses, but I prefer to think of them as kaleidoscope glasses - swirling and morphing reality into something I can digest (who hasn't pretended those pasty lima beans were really kiwi strawber ...more
More about Kristen Day...

Daughters of the Sea (5 books)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Chosen (Daughters of the Sea #3)
  • Hearken (Daughters of the Sea #4)
  • Proven (Daughters of the Sea #5)

“There was no time for chit-chat when there were chocolate chip pancakes to be eaten.” 13 likes
“I'm seriously beginning to worry about you guys," Willow sighed from the arm chair and looked up from her laptop with discord, "Being asked out in the middle of a hurricane is not romantic. It's totally reckless and irresponsible."
"And totally hot," added Carmen.”
10 likes