Start by marking “The Game (De Warenne Dynasty Publication Order, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Game (De Warenne Dynasty Publication Order, #4)

The Game (deWarenne Dynasty (Publication Order) #4)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  969 ratings  ·  43 reviews
The Players: Released from the sanctuary of a French convent, highborn, tempestuous Katherine FitzGerald sets sail for her beloved Ireland—only to find herself prisoner of the infamous pirate known to the Elizabethans as the Master of the Seas.

The Moves: The pirate captain is Liam O'Neill, favored by Elizabeth the Queen. A hardened court player, he is determined to win the
Published April 10th 2012 by HarperCollins e-books (first published March 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Game

Barbara M.
5 Stars...I LOVED it!

I'll go ahead and admit I'm not capable of putting into words the steam factor of this book...But goodness I'm going to try! "The Game" was fire on pages, mouth hanging open, throat dry, sitting on the edge of the couch, wishing your husband was home H.O.T! I don't think I've ever read anything so real as I did on pages 277-280. Oh my my my my MY!!!

And just so you know...the story was wonderful too! This is the Brenda Joyce I love...not the cutting corners and the rush loves
Romancekolik
Bu yorum aynı zamanda Romancekolikte yayınlanmıştır.

Yarılara kadar kraliyet entrikası kitaba karşı değerlendirmemde büyük engel sağlasada sonradan yazar öyle bir hikayeyi döndürdü ki pes dedim :) Süperdi. Sevilen herşey var. Korsan hikayeside aynı zamanda. Baş karakterimizde İrlandalı. Bir yer var ki insanın annelik duyguları şaha kalkıyor. Çok ağladım orada. Kraliçe Elizabeth senden nefret ediyorum bu arada. Allah bilanı versin. Ne kadar boş insan ki bir evladı annesinden babası sana ihanet e
Sarita
WOW! I loved this story.

I love that Joyce included real people from that time in history, but with her own private spin added to them.

I am a big fan of stories written from the 1500's.
This story had all the beauties and hardships from that time. Oppression and dictatorships...man I am glad to live nowadays!

I recommend this series to all my friends on Goodreads.com.
Gio
The Game is set in England and Ireland at the time of Elizabeth I and in particular during the Irish rebellion. Katherine Fitzgerald is a young Irish noblewoman sent to a French convent after her bethrothed died. It was supposed to be a short and temporary stay, but years passed without Katherine receiving any news nor money from her family. When her best friend at the convent is called back home in England to get married, Katherine convinces her to take her along. But their ship is attacked by ...more
Natalie E. Ramm
The Game is about a girl, Katherine, who was placed in a convent after her betrothed was killed in a war. She leaves the convent at 19 because she wants to get married and have kids (she only says this about a HUNDRED times). On her homeward bound ship she is captured by the pirate Liam. But he’s not just any old pirate. He’s actually one of the right hand men of Queen Elizabeth, so it’s cool if she falls in love with him (or is it?). Katherine’s father was accused of treason and she is trying t ...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
I just finished book and found it entertaining. It is full of intrigue, deception, and love. Taking place during Queen Elizabeth I's reign, it drives home some of the historical events home. This book introduces the O'Neill family, which I have read about in other books. Though this is another romance for her, it shows the despair and dangerous times that was rampant during this historical period. A great read and intriguing journey of two people's love.
Lauren
I love this book! Without a doubt, this is easily one of my all-time favorites!! Trust me, this book has everything! Lots of intrigue and mystery, romance and passion - high stake adventures, wild twists, suspense, and political drama - this book is great! I can't even tell you how many times I've reread this book. The story is great.

After spending the last 6 years of her life in a Norman convent, Katherine FitzGerald, a beautiful Irish noblewoman, convinces her best friend at the convent to ta
Lover of Romance
Katherine, after being in the convent for years and not having heard from her family, decides to leave knowing all she wants is a husband and children. So when she leaved and gets on a ship on her way to Ireland, back home, the ship is captured by pirates and she is a prisoner of Liam O'Neill, the pirate captain, who refuses to let her go. Katherine refuses to give in to the feelings and the desire she starts to feel for Liam, knowing she deserves more than to be a mistress to a pirate, that she ...more
Regan Walker
Exciting Pirate Romance--a keeper!

This one by Brenda Joyce is very well done. It's a sweeping historical saga replete with the characters of the day who influenced Queen Elizabeth who is central figure in the story. It is complex richly woven tapestry of historical forces, brilliant minds and passion between a man and woman that leads to real love though everything conspiring against them.

Set in in 1562 in Queen Elizabeth's reign, it tells the story of Katherine FitzGerald, a beautiful Irish nob
Devon
This was the first Brenda Joyce book read and the only book I have ever read twice..loved it
Valarie38hotmail.com
Loved, loved, loved this book. One of my favourites
Kinsley Gibb
Loved this one! On my keeper's shelf.
Dayatara
Cristina Contilli
Un'appassionante storia di pirati perché come diceva la frase sulla copertina la protagonista una volta presa non verrà più lasciata andare (vado a memoria con la traduzione, perché ho spedito il libro stamattina a Laura), nel senso che non verrà più mollata dal pirata soprannominato The Master of the seas che l'ha catturata, ma anche nel senso che lei si innamorerà di lui e non vorrà più lasciarlo andare...
Arriane
Joyce seems to surprise me in every book of hers. I can't seem to predict what the hero and heroine will do or what will happen in the story. She's a wonderful author. Everyone must read this series. I'm onto Devlin and Virginia's, the one that took place in the Regency Era. Though i cant seem to get enough of the Elizabethan Era.
kemy
langsung skip ke yang ini soalnya di rekomen top 10 romantic novel. Baru kali ini baca HR serasa baca novel misteri, plotnya bagus, gak ketebak ceritanya bakalan gimana (apa karena low expectation yah, gak ngarep klo HR ada plot politik kaya gini). Romancenya juga top deh, walaupun heroinenya terkadang menyebalkan dan beda aja ceritanya.
Barbra
I enjoyed this book by Brenda Joyce. Haven't read many by her.

Back Cover Blurb:
Released from the sanctuary of a French convent, highborn, tempestuous Katherine FitzGerald sets sail for her beloved Ireland - only to find herself prisoner of the infamous pirate, Liam O'Neill, known to the Elizabethans as the Master of the Seas.
J. Ostrowski
Yep, a pirate and a wench. And it does indeed begin with eye-rolling pirate-y cliche. However, the intrigue was excellently played, the second half infinitely better than the beginning, all followed by an Author's Note that leaves me unsurprised that a number of these characters were actual people. Joyce did not disappoint.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
I have always had a liking for Joyce's books plus the history of the time that this story takes place.
This is the third very good I read with a heroine called Katherine. That would automatically made me adore it even if I didn't like it. But no... The book was excellent, the characters strong and resourceful..
Taps-The Book Junkie
I just loved it. It was soooo hot. I really liked Liam. He is sooo obssessive and protective. Yeah the heroine got on my nerves but it's ok. She was very stubborn at times but nevermind the hero was cute. I read it on my kindle in just one day. I was unable to keep it down.
Maggie Humphreys
Sweeping tale of intrigue and life in the times of the court of Elizabeth I, this book allows escape to another time and place. The hero Liam and the heroine Katherine were strong and the book was on the whole very enjoyable.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
At first it might have felt like it was dragging, but I enjoyed this book immensely! So for me & my style of rating I give it a 4-4.5, even possibly a 5. Brenda Joyce is definitely going into my 'authors to look into' category!
Danette Steward
This author writes just like Virginia Henley. Only difference is it takes a long while before the h/h finally get to "it" and "it" is less detailed. The adventure, twists, suspense, and drama are the same though.
Kirsten
I'm sorry but Katherine is by far the most annoying characters i have ever had to read.... SHE is not stubborn but stupid.... I swear to uggh!
Tammy
Jun 21, 2013 Tammy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance
The handsome pirate, the innocent Irish lass...sparks will fly in political Elizabeth Tudor England's war with the Irish. This book is part of a series but can be read on its on.
Dannii i am me :)
aww i loved this book in love with the characters except elizabeth the queen of course but great ending keeps you glued to the pages and lot of suspense
Lady Leo Publishing
Sep 08, 2008 Lady Leo Publishing rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys historicals
This book is so amazing, I have read it at least five times. The crisp writing and attention to details is simply Amazing. Awesome book from Brenda Joyce.
Chelsea Holder
i so like this book although it has a lot of political issues with england/the queen herself.... i like Liam... and his way of showing how he loves Lizzie
Michele
I enjoyed this book. The characters and dialogue were well-written, and, as a history buff, the palace intrigue of Elizabeth I's court was right up my alley.
  • Stormfire
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)
  • The Silver Devil
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • Lady Vixen
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • Magic Embrace
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
  • Bound by the Heart
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • No Choice But Surrender
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • Keeper of the Dream
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Disturbing Stranger
  • Beloved Embrace
  • Caress and Conquer
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...

deWarenne Dynasty (Publication Order) (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Conqueror
  • Scandalous Love (Bragg Saga, #6)
  • Promise of the Rose
  • House of Dreams
  • The Prize
  • The Masquerade
  • The Stolen Bride
  • A Lady At Last
  • The Perfect Bride
  • A Dangerous Love
Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) The Conqueror Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1) Dark Embrace (Rose Trilogy, #1; Masters of Time Series, #3) Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)

“You deny it all you want, but you are mine. Call it passion, call it obsession, call it whatever pleases you, but you run hot and wild in my blood, Katherine-I cannot give you up.” 3 likes