Rebellion (Blood and Feathers, #2)

Rebellion (Blood and Feathers #2)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"This is a war. THE war. There is no stopping; no getting out. You're in this - just like the rest of us - to the end."

Driven out of hell and with nothing to lose, the Fallen wage open warfare against the angels on the streets. And they're winning.

As the balance tips towards the darkness, Alice - barely recovered from her own ordeal in hell and struggling to start over - o...more
Published July 2013 by Solaris

Plague of Angels by John Patrick KennedyCountenance by Joy Ross DavisBoundless by Cynthia HandFeathermore by Lucy SwingFallenmore by Lucy Swing
Awesome angel books
25th out of 46 books — 73 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClarePlague of Angels by John Patrick KennedyClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareDaughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini TaylorHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Books with Nephilim, Angels & Demons
109th out of 136 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Jasper
originally posted at: http://thebookplank.blogspot.com/2013...

First off. Stop. And look at the cover. Yup. I know. Great stuff. Makes you want to read it straight away doesn't it? On to the book itself now.
Last year around the same time as now I read Lou Morgan’s debut: Blood and Feathers. From the first page onwards I just knew that Lou Morgan would be an author to watch out for. Blood and Feathers was a solid start into a new series and into the established genre of Urban Fantasy. A lot of coo...more
Paul
Mieneke
Rebellion is the second book in the Blood and Feathers series. I reviewed Lou Morgan's debut novel last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I was really looking forward to reading this second instalment in the series. The novel picks up six months after the ending of the first one and we find Alice in a much changed situation from her previous life. Struggling to learn to control her new-found powers, living in Mallory's old home in the sacristy and she's quickly running out of money. Meanwhile,...more
Leo Elijah Cristea
Originally posted at: Jet Black Ink

It has taken me almost an age to review this book, which is not an indication of its quality. I (sort-of-but-didn’t-really) went to the signing and launch of Blood and Feathers: Rebellion and read the book almost immediately, on the way home, stroking happily my new signed copy. It made for good train reading after a long day in London.

Blood and Feathers: Rebellion is generally where the future of one branch of urban fantasy should be: just as full of action an...more
Dark
The second book in the Blood & Feathers series, "Rebellion" deals with the fallout of half-Angel Alice's efforts to prevent the Fallen and Lucifer from creating absolute chaos and war. The Fallen are more sinister, Alice is increasingly paranoid while still struggling to adjust to her pyrokinetic abilities, and this time around she has to work with Adriel, the angel of death, both to keep herself out of the limelight from Fallen eyes, not to mention having to keep hidden from the Archangel M...more
Joanne Hall
Taylor
War between Angels and the Fallen Angels of Lucifer's army.

For me, the main character isn't my main focus like it usually is in other books. I really love the entire setting around the Angels and the Fallen. I love hearing about their background stories and getting to know each of their personalities. I also love that Lucifer is the end-all-be-all bad guy of this series.

In this particular book, I feel like Alice didn't do much this time. I mean, really though, how could she top what she did in t...more
Ade Couper
So....was "Rebellion" going to be "that difficult 2nd album"....?

The short answer is "no". This is an excellent sequel to "Blood & Feathers": Alice is now working as an undertaker's receptionist for the Angel of Death, Mallory hasn't been seen for 6 months, Vin's in Hong Kong, and there is no trace of Lucifer....

This book has a much more claustrophobic feel than the 1st, which works well: it's a grim book in places (particularly in the scenes with Rimmon, Mallory & Toby), & Alice lea...more
Jason Williams
I really enjoyed this book. Right up to 3 pages from the end. It seemed to just end. Out of the blue, over. That is the only reason the book doesn't get 5 stars from this wannabe book reviewer.

I love the violence, but must of all, I really dig Lou Morgan's sarcastic sense of humor. The relationship between Alice, Mallory and Vin is really something to watch unfold as well. Really looking forward to book #3.
MsMemberger
I'm.Just.Blown.Away.
Just finished reading the last pages, and well, I think I need a few minutes or more before I'm even remotely ready to summaries what i feel and thought about Rebellion.
SO for now, I'll leave you with:

AMAZING!! AWESOME!! MAGICAL!!

You can read a full view at the road so far (in Swedish ;).
Monica Millard
The second book in the series was also unique and messed up. I grew to love Mallory even more and cannot wait for the next book in the series.
Jan Edwards
I don't give many books 5 stars but this one deserves it. A one-sitting read!
Kristel
CLIFFHANGER NO! I wan't to know what happened!
Lyn
Loved, loved, loved.

Having choices is hard.
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Katelyn
Katelyn marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Lea
Lea marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Skye
Skye marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Jonathan Jarocki
Jonathan Jarocki marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Feb 23, 2014
  • Iron Night (American Vampire, #2)
  • Debt Collector Season One (Debt Collector, #1-9)
  • The Glass Republic (The Skyscraper Throne, #2)
  • The Big Reap (The Collector, #3)
  • Introducing Continental Philosophy: A Graphic Guide
  • Hellsbane (Hellsbane #1)
  • The Cormorant (Miriam Black, #3)
  • Dream London
  • Iron & Velvet (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator, #1)
  • The Cambodian Book of the Dead
  • Last Blood (House of Comarré, #5)
  • Outcast
  • We'll Meet Again: Irish Deathbed Visions—Who You Meet When You Die
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • iD (The Machine Dynasty, #2)
  • Lovecraft's Monsters
  • Temping Is Hell (Necessary Evil, #1)
  • In the Company of Thieves
Born in Wales in the UK, Lou Morgan grew up in a house with an attic full of spiders and now lives in the south of England with her husband, son and obligatory cat.

Her short fiction has been published by the British Fantasy Society, Hub Fiction, Solaris Books and PS Publishing.

Her debut novel, "Blood and Feathers" was published by Solaris in August 2012. The sequel, "Blood and Feathers: Rebellion"...more
More about Lou Morgan...
Blood and Feathers (Blood and Feathers, #1) BFS Journal Spring 2012 Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane A Carnivàle of Horror BFS Journal Autumn 2012