Start by marking “The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6)

The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  643 ratings  ·  72 reviews
Trouble in spades... Determined not to be a garden-variety diva, Sophie Winston's neighbor, Natasha, cultivates a plan to shine on television--using Sophie's backyard. As the cast and crew of the makeover show "Tear It Up With Troy" bulldoze through her backyard--and vacation--Sophie retreats to her perennial boyfriend Wolf's to replace a dead rose bush. But her tender dee ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Diva Digs Up the Dirt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diva Digs Up the Dirt

❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Well, I suppose if you read this series, you had to see this plot line coming. The mystery about Wolf's wife's disappearance is the focal point of this book, along with the strange goings-on in one local family. Lots of upheaval for Sophie in this book.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. The characters are always fun, always interesting. Personally, I'd smack Natasha into next week if I were Sophie, but I guess every cozy has to have a 'nemesis' these days. I really look forward to seeing the next
Nancy
The Diva books are not easy to put down, Krista Davis has a way of ending her chapters with just a morsel that has you saying, “well, just a little bit more” and soon you are up way past your bedtime finding out what Sophie and Natasha are up to.

All Sophie Winston wanted was a nice backyard vacation, no work for two weeks. A peaceful and quiet time with her gardening and pets, she works hard, that should not be too much to ask for. All that changed when Mona charges into her backyard and demands
Nell
Excellent. This series just keeps getting better. The disappearance of Wolf's wife that has hovered in the background of earlier books is addressed in this one. The author's timing is perfect. Sophie and the supporting characters are well-developed at this point and their actions are consistent with what readers have come to expect. Krista Davis intertwines the disfunctional family of a wealthy entrepreneur whose annual picnic Sophie plans with a discovery she makes that reopens investigation in ...more
Versel Rush
(For synopsis, please read the blurb in the book description.)

I have loved everyone of "The Diva" series since I picked up the first one. This is no different.

In a very real way, "The Diva Digs Up the Dirt" is sort of a transitional book for Davis and her sleuth, Sophie. The transitions are obvious within the first 3 or 4 chapters and they all lead the reader to a "what next" set of questions--What next for Sophie and Mars? What next for Sophie and Wolf? What next for Sophie's house? and, by the
Lindsay
I'm giving this book 3 stars because I liked how it takes place around gardening and landscaping. Makes me wish I had a garden. Maybe someday. Other than that, I felt that the book was to long and there were to many characters, I got confused keeping track of everyone. And it seemed to repeat itself. Instead of having clues to the killer and what happpened to Wolf's wife they seemed to run around and blame everyone. I still like Sophie and Nina, but feel like Sophie lets Natasha get her way to m ...more
Melodie
Have I mentioned before that this is one of my favorite cozy series?? Probably, as I recommend it every time I'm asked for a good recommendation in this genre. This one was a little different from others in the series and there are some big changes. Will be interested to see what shakes out for Sophie in the next one. RECOMMEND!!
Lucy Burdette
Sophie is an irresistible character with a pack of funny friends who are constantly eating and drinking. Do not diet while reading this series!
Suzanne
3.5 stars. I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason I did not love this book the way I have others in the series.
Hollie Snider
Anxiously awaiting the release of this one in June.
Paula Ratcliffe
All I can say is wow and Natasha is at it again. Now Natasha is having Sophie's yard ripped apart to install a garage. Sophie grudgingly agrees to allow it happen. In a desperate attempt to flee Natasha's madness Sophie buys a rose bush and takes it over to her boyfriends house to plant it after retrieving the old bush she discovers a purse with a wallet inside that belongs to her boyfriend Wolf's missing wife. The fingers all point at Wolf having killed his wife and it's up to Sophie to find ou ...more
Alannah Davis
I bought this book not realizing I was coming into the middle of a series (why, oh why is it so difficult to find a stand-alone mystery these days????). Not to worry - you don't need to read the previous books in the series to get what is going on.

I'm not giving this 5 stars because I found the character of Natasha to be so over-the-top unbelievable. However, the rest of the characters, as well as the story, are awesome.

Sophie Winston is looking forward to a few days off. But then a reality sh
LORI CASWELL
All Sophie wants to do is sit back and relax and enjoy her one week of vacation. Natasha is not going to let that happen. She has plans to become a television star and she is going to use Sophie's backyard to put her plan in motion. She has entered Sophie to be on the show Tear It With Troy and Sophie has won a backyard makeover.

Natasha has things under control and is driving the host Troy absolutely crazy. It is the perfect time for Sophie to make her getaway. She decides she is going to hideou
mandyfujita
I have read all the Diva books that Krista Davis has written. I think this is one of the better ones. Sophie is an events planner whose has worked hard and plans to enjoy her 2 week vacation. Her last event before her vacation is with one of her more frequent clients - Mr Greene. He has an annual family picnic where he invites his employees and their family. This year is a little different where he has a trophy wife and he is close to retirement.

Things start to go crazy at this party and peopl
Dee
You may also read my full review here: http://wellpinaroseonyournose.blogspo...

The Diva Digs up the Dirt is another hit by Krista Davis. Once again Sophie finds herself spread too thin between her work and her love life. She has just finished up her party planning season, by planning the company social for Roscoe Greene, but, her summer freedom quickly disappears with the appearance of a strange woman asking for Sophie's help to find her missing daughter.

Sophie apologizes to the woman, denying t
Kelly Knapp
Sep 13, 2012 Kelly Knapp rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers, romance lovers
Recommended to Kelly by: no one, it is the next in a series I like.
OK! So, this is a prime example of why I do not care for series where the romance develops in the background. Still, the writing was as good if not better than the previous titles in the series. I wish we had seen more of Mochie in this one, she is so cute.

In this book, we find our Sophie planning a BBQ in the middle of a feud. When this gig is over, she is taking two weeks blessed and deserved vacation. But instead of a vaction, Sophie is in for a wild time.

When an elderly gentleman divorces h
Meg
It's Sophie's brief two-week vacation, and Natascha's shown up with a TV show to tear up Sophie's backyard to put in a much-needed garage. Fortunately, Sophie has two mysteries to solve... the perfect excuses to escape the renovation's noise. While gardening, she found the purse of her boyfriend's missing wife -- and Wolf is suspected of her murder. Sophie also gets wrapped up in the drama surrounding a rich client's family, all of whom seem to be wanting each other dead. Can she clear Wolf's na ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Sophie Winston is expecting to have a vacation at home. Quiet and un-eventful (yes, that was intended.) Little did she see not only a murder case pending, but, being involved in the deconstruction of her own romantic life...

The last event Sophie manages prior her time off ends up being more than she bargained for. Not only will it keep her busy but suddenly she is surrounded by persons wishing each other ill. Sophie finds herself circled by thefts and attempted murders.

Sophie knows Wolf's marria
Carleen
This book was ok, nothing really special to me. I'm not saying it was bad, just wasn't my taste.

Sophie seemed to go too easy on the people bothering her, like Natasha and Mona. They both did things that most people would get upset about, but Sophie kinda shrugged them off. She was too trusting of people.

The mystery itself was interesting up until it was solved, everything came together too quick for me.
Lyndsey Plitt
This is probably one of the best books I have ever read in the cozy mystery genre. So many suspects and they all have such plausible motives that you will be constantly guessing who did it. There are numerous well written characters in this book as well. I found myself really rooting for Roscoe and admiring his intelligence and determination even though he was a bit of a cad with how he treated his ex wife. Sophie is such a great protagonist as well,I don't want to give away too much but she has ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
I really like this series overall, but I'm a bit disappointed in some of the stuff that happened this time. One of the things I always enjoy are the advice columns at the beginning of every chapter. Since each book has a different theme, it is a great way to learn some new and interesting information. The mystery was good, but I was pretty sure who did it midway through. I am not happy about (view spoiler) ...more
Child960801
My daughter picked this out for me at the library because it was pretty. Reading this, I could tell that it was a series book, but I didn't feel that I was missing out on anything that made the story understandable. A nice, light mystery. I would read more of these.
Linda Smatzny
This is the sixth book in the Domestic Diva Series. The main character is Sophie Winston who plans parties in the Alexandria,VA. area. She also solves crimes. This time the crimes include several poisonings and two murders. Sophie is also dealing with her boyfriend,Wolf, and is supposed dead wife,Anne. It was a fast easy read.
Angela
This was by far my favorite of the series. Poor Sophie but she did the right thing and Wolf clearly never loved her.
Luffy Monkey D.
Whoever said that the more things change the more they look alike clearly hasn't read this book. It's a major departure from the usual solid storytelling the author served. There are less people to keep track of. I didn't know what score to give this book. It could be a one, two or three stars. The reading experience was shambolic as I suffered from reader's burnout. On the plus side, the bittersweet conclusion appealed to my nature. The only predictable thing was the overuse, again, of more th ...more
Holly
This is part of a series, "A Domestic Diva" mystery. Good news is that you don't have to read all the ones that come before this one to follow the story! Sophie is doing a good deed by surprising her boyfriend with a new rosebush. Only when she digs up dead one in his yard she finds his missing wife's purse. If that doesn't get the rumor mill churning, nothing will! Did he kill her and bury the body in his yard? Throw in a reality "yard-crashers" type show, a trophy wife and poison plants galore ...more
Susan
Domestic diva Sophie Winston is involved in planning the annual party for recently divorced and remarried mogul Rufus Greene, but strange things are happening in the Greene family. Meanwhile, she also unwittingly finds a clue to the disappearance four years ago of her boyfriend Wolf's wife Anne, which leads to renewed harassment by one of his fellow police officers. Soon she learns that Anne and the Greenes were connected. There's a lot happening in this, but it's not always easy to put together ...more
Norma Huss
First, I enjoy Sophie and Natasha's hints in every Diva book. Okay, that's not really first. First I enjoy the mystery, then I enjoy the writing, and THEN I enjoy the hints. In this one the hints, and the clues, are all about manure, bulldozers, and poisonous plants. Oh, toss in a stray cat for good measure. (Cats, always good!) And of course, all of Sophie's friends. This mystery kept me guessing right up to the last page, and added a most unexpected event. I highly recommend this book.
Margaret
I really do enjoy Krista Davis' mysteries. This is her newest one. Wolf's, Sophie's police detective boyfriend, wife has been missing for 5 years. The missing wife's mother, Mona, tries to get Sophie and her friend to hunt for her missing daughter. Mona is the most annoying character but totally believable. I have enjoyed every one of Ms. Davis' books, and this one is no exception. Her characters are believable, and the mysteries are fun to work out. Keep writing, please, Ms. Davis.
Mary
This is not the book to start this series with as it answers some underlying questions raised in previous books.

As usual Sophie finds herself in the middle of murder mysteries. And this time it involves her beloved Wolf. At the same time Natasha has entered Sophie in a home make over contest and she is having her backyard renovated on a reality TV show.

This was an entertaining read butit left me wondering what will happen to the characters in the next book?

Kait Carson
My heart is broken. This book reinforces what a great writer Krista Davis is. Sophie is at loose ends when Natasha makes her the beneficiary - or is it victim - of Natasha's good deed. Davis wraps a compelling and believable mystery around the tight core of Sophie's and Wolf's relationship with heartbreaking results. Looking back over the series, I knew it had to happen. I just never saw it coming. What a satisfying read. I can't wait for the next one.
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Affairs of Steak (A White House Chef Mystery, #5)
  • Sour Apples (Orchard, #6)
  • Lost and Fondue (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Let It Sew (A Southern Sewing Circle, #7)
  • If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #1)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • Death in Four Courses (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #2)
  • A Parfait Murder (A Mystery a La Mode, #3)
  • Sentenced to Death (A Booktown Mystery, #5)
  • Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1)
  • Town in a Pumpkin Bash  (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4)
  • A Brew to a Kill (Coffeehouse Mystery, #11)
  • All Sales Fatal (A Mall Cop Mystery, #2)
Krista Davis lives and writes in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. She lived in Northern Virginia for many years and resided for a time in Old Town, Alexandria.

She really does have a gregarious Ocicat named Mochie who never ceases to amaze her. Daisy is based on one of her three dogs.
More about Krista Davis...
The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #1) The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3) The Diva Takes the Cake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #2) The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery,  #4) The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #5)