Start by marking “Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)” as Want to Read:
Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)

Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  18,514 ratings  ·  1,046 reviews
For the five sexy rock gods of Sole Regret, finding love is easy, keeping it is hard.

Melanie has no desire to meet the members of the rock band, Sole Regret, but her groupie of a best friend gets them both backstage and then rushes off with the band’s lead singer. Left alone at an after party with a bunch of scary tattooed and pierced metal-heads, sheltered Melanie is rel
Published June 26th 2012 by Olivia Cunning (first published June 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Try Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Try Me

One More Day by M. MaloneAlpha by Jasinda WilderAll I Need is You by M. MaloneThe Things I Do for You by M. MaloneTeasing Trent by M. Malone
The HOT List
158th out of 181 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡

4.5 stars. I LOVED the steam factor (HOT!!!!) but I especially LOVED the H/h. Try Me was great steamy erotica novella with a rock-star and a good girl.

The Story
Melanie doesn't get the appeal of rock-stars, tattoos, piercings, and all that 'freakish' behavior, but her BFF Nikki is obsessed with it. So when her friend drags her back stage at a Sole Regret concert, only to abandon her when she hooks up with the lead singer, Melanie tries to quietly sit and wait for her friend to return. But when s
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I had a lovely review for you all. Then THIS happened when I hit preview.

Photobucket

Okay, so there's no way to prove that my review was actually lovely, but I'm going to say that it was because you can't prove otherwise.

There's NO way in hell I'm typing it out again. Sorry. Let's see if I can summarize in a couple of paragraphs what took me about 45 minutes to write. Sigh. At least you get to see the miracle of a short review from me...

3.5 stars.

~ This is erotica, not contemporary romance. Expect just as m
Mo
This was a nice, quick, hot read. Liked the main characters, Gabe and Melanie.... not sure if their story continues in another book.

Sheryl
What else can i say except; hot, sweaty, smexing with a rock god drummer who also happens to have a brain and invents sex toys for women? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!! Wait... did i mention the tattoos?? PHWOAR!!!

I freakin' LOVED this little story and while i'm not the biggest fan of HFN (Happy For Now) endings, i'm glad that Ms Cunning is going to revisit Force in the sixth book of this series!!

BRING ON THE OTHER BAND MEMBERS!!!

Dinjolina
You know what was wrong with this book?
It ended. :(
Just like that. Oooooh the agooooony!!!! Why? WHY??? Why such a little amount of pages? *sob*

The little bite I did get,thou? M-mmm-mmm! Sweet, short and very,VERY sexy. :)
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

WOW! This first book in the One Night with Sole Regret series is a fun, very sexy story. I love Gabe and his geeky mind, and he sure knew how to make good use of it in the bedroom! Totally hot story! Short, but HOT!!!

I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series!!
Kathleen
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance 5 Stars
Heat Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

WOW! Olivia Cunning does it again for me and it's hard to believe that she can make a short story grab me this hard. I absolutely LOVE IT! This book brought back my teenage fantasy about meeting band members, LOL and there is not a thing wrong with that.

Both the hero Gabriel, AKA Force and the heroine Melanie were really great characters. I love how they met and the awesome chemistry they shared. O
”And the man knew how to rock a mattress.”

Try Me by Olivia Cunning opens up a whole new rock & roll series with hot guys, sex, love, and oolala “how-many-times-can-he-make-her-come” fun!

In this story, readers are introduced to the whole sexy as hell band—Sole Regret—but the action focuses on the drummer, Gabe or a.k.a Force. Once again, I find myself swooning and falling prey to a green eyed hottie! :)

Gabe’s desire and focus falls on Melanie, who appears to be an uptight accountant, dragged
Ingela
3 Stars - steaming hot little shorty about a drummer and a beautiful accountant - perhaps for life?

An erotic short story of 85 pages, which is quite okay for a short while with a rock band full of good-looking, tattooed, horny guys, girls for the night and a little naughtiness and heat after the gig.

I may be hard to just give this little cute story 3 stars!? - Because I was entertained and I smiled a few times when I read about this drummer and his ambition to make it really good for the woman
Jen
Hella sexy hot!!! That's what this little novella was. I picked this up as a freebie from Amazon and got a hot story. This is about Melanie meeting Gabe backstage after a "Sole Regret" concert while her friend Nikki goes off to hopefully score and sleep with the lead singer Shade. Melanie admits to Gabe that she doesn't care for the band that much only to find out later that Gabe is the drummer of the band. By this point they have already gotten to know each other and have formed an instant attr ...more
Lindsay
I loved this book. I have absolutely no complaints, it was perfect.

Olivia Cunning as created another band that I can't wait to read about and get to know better.

Gabe is a perfect combination of sweet and bad boy. Melanie was interesting with her tattoo phobia. She was also a good friend for going on a last minute road trip to see a band she's not even a fan of. I loved them together as a couple. I can't wait to see more of them in future books.

I'm extremely intrigued by this new series and I
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Melanie's friend drags her to another concert by the group, Sole Regret, in the hopes that she can bed one of the band members, Shade. At the after party, Shade and her friend, Nikki, want Melanie to join them in a threesome but she blows Shade off. That really catches another of the band members attention.

The main problems with all shorts is that, well, they are too short and this is no exception. This series seems like it will be very similar to her other series, Sinners on Tour, which has a
Joana

Well, Hello, grab a drink and let's chat about this book, shall we?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If you're looking for a short (no pun intended), fun and OH SO HOT book, this one is for you!
Hell, you'll be left craving for more and go running off to read the next one in the series (yep, i did that).

So back with the story, Sole Regret is the name of a rock band.

And and there we have the 5 sexy rock gods, Owen aka Tags, Kelly aka Cuffs, Gabe aka Force, Adam and the main vocalist Jacob aka Shade.
They don't have any problem to
♥Rachel♥
Jul 23, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Smut Monday Club

Finally had a chance to finish this! I really liked it more than I thought I would. Yes, it was short, but it was HOT and a little kinky! Still wiping the steam off my glasses!

It was a simple story of two girls fan-girling over a band and getting access. Melanie was a reluctant participant. She had fears of tattooed and pierce men from scary teenage experience, and wanted nothing to do with a band full of them. She lowers her guard when a beautiful man that seems quite normal to her: baseball c
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Hot rock stars? Check. Tats? Check. Sexy piercings? Check. A panty-melting smile? Check. We fell in love with Ms. Cunning Sinners on Tour and we finally have a new book by her again. But oh the tease! Yes, this is a short story. And this is a completely different band. But do you see me complaining? Well, maybe just the fact that I wanted more, more, more!

Gabe, aka Force, is the drummer of Sole Regret. And sometimes he is just too tired to deal with the
Maybe I should have dated an inventor...

This book is everything I have come to expect from Olivia Cunning. My ONLY complaint is the length. I would have loved to get to know Gabe "Force" Banner and Melanie, and explore their relationship.
Try Me has everything including delicious rock stars. It's sexy, funny, and addicting.
Susanne

Loved it! Yes, it's a novella and it's focuses on One night (with Sole Regrets) but I absolutely adored it. They were wonderful together and I loved how Melanie didn't know who he was at first.

"Nice to meet you, Gabe. How did a normal-looking guy like you end up backstage with all these, erm, interesting folks?"

I want more of Gabe and Melanie and I look forward to seeing them in the next book. I love the guys in Sole Regrets *grins*

No one writes flirting and sexual chemistry as Olivia Cunning. W
MissyGirl
If there is one thing I can count on from Olivia Cunning it's lots of hot, dirty, rock star sex! She definitely does not disappoint!

We are introduced to the band, Sole Regret, in this book. They are tattooed, pierced, and deliciously wicked-everything that Melanie is against! But, her best friend is on a mission to meet the lead singer, so she finds herself backstage with people she considers freaks. She eventually finds one "normal looking" guy to talk to.......but, just how "normal" is he?

I r
Wminbc
Be still my beating heart...and smart man, who is tall, peppered with tats and sports a Mohawk !!! Loved Gabe and Mel...what a great sweet couple...cannot wait for more!
Autumn Review
I discovered Olivia Cunning before I started blogging, so this is my first official review for one of her books. I'm so excited! Olivia is my favorite Erotic Author. She always comes up with the sexiest guys and most inventive and original "ideas". She actually writes a story too. It's not all sex. Her characters have substance. And what could be better than reading about sex? ROCK STAR SEX! This is definitely OC's specialty. Ok, I'm done with my fangirl spiel...on to the story!

Since this book i
Ren
4 STARS

Also posted at : S,E and R's Awesomness

When I hear one of my favorite erotica author, Olivia Cunning just write a new story featuring rock star, I'm so happy! While anxiously waiting for Sinners's new book (Trey!!), I decide to read Try Me, the first novella that tell about rock band Sole Regret. You can't go wrong with Olivia Cunning. since she always deliver the best erotic story feature rock stars.

Melanie Anderson or Mel, is afraid to see tattoed people. Well, I admit,me too. But, s
Maida
May 26, 2014 Maida rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who's looking for a SERIOUSLY HOT read.
Wow. I REALLY liked this one!!! Try Me is the 1st installment in the One Night with Sole Regret series. It's a sweet & sexy novella that features two FANTASTIC CHARACTERS!!! These days, it's rare to find a novel that features two unique & likable main characters. More often than not, one of the protagonists is bound to become annoying or loathsome over time.... In this particular novel, however, the hero & the heroine—Gabe & Melanie— are just BOTH so damn endearing. And although ...more
Kellie G.
As a huge fan of The Sinners series, I was really excited to read this new one by Olivia Cunning. I was not disappointed. Very hot & steamy! Loved the scorching chemistry between the very sexy Gabe and Mel, but I do wish it was longer. Subtracted 1 star cause I needed more!!
Erin
I didn't know when I started this that it was so short, so I was really surprised when I hit the end of the story so soon!! I think it's only fair to judge shorts differently than a full-length story, because they are clearly written very differently and have varying degrees of difficulty. Basing this review on the challenges that come with making a short story have a believable romance with interesting characters and some semblance of plot to hold the story together, I think Try Me deserves 4-4 ...more
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales and Toys
HOT SEXY ROCK STAR AND HOT SEXY SEX ALERT!!!! Olivia Cunning, author of two of my favorite books Backstage Pass and Rock Hard, brings us the first novella in a new series, about another hot rock band! This review is based on knowing Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret series) was just a novella going in. It is very hard to do any more than this such a small amount of pages. Yes, I'd like to knock off some stars because I wan
Melanie
What do you call a guy who hangs out with a band? A drummer.
Totally lame joke, I know, but a drummer guy I used to work with told it to me and I haven't had much cause to use it so I thought I would drop it in here...

Anywho.....

'Try Me' is my first read from rock'n'roll enthusiast/author Olivia Cunning. Now I've checked out reviews in the past pertaining to her 'Sinners on Tour' series, so I knew I would be getting an erotically-charged story about a hot rock band member (in this case the drumme
Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda
Finally we have something from the talented Ms. Cunning! It seems like forever, huh?

Anywho, this story follows Nikki and Melanie who are going to see Sole Regret. Nikki has a thing for the lead singer Shade and she gets Shade and then some(hardly any deets). Melanie is along for the ride with her BF. She doesn't like men in tattoos cause of a bad experience. While backstage she meets Gabe or otherwise known as Force(drummer in the band). They get to talking and they go back to his hotel room for
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'

Ohhhh boy, did this make a fun night time read, it's gone midnight here and I think I'm in need of a cold shower! If you love Olivia's Sinner Boys, you will love Sole Regret. This is a fantastic short story which introduces us to a new hard metal band with Mohawks, tattoos and piercings to boot.

This story revolves around a young accountant and the drummer, known as Force, as they embark on a very passionate one night love affair. So OK, it gets mushy quickly and they soon discover that this sex
Sali
WELL !!! She has done it AGAIN !!!!

how the frig does Olivia keep coming up with these unique ,super hot , tattooed rock god !!!!......NO SERIOUSLY I WANT TO KNOW ???

there was only 1 thing wrong with this brilliant start to her new series .......IT WAS TO FREAKIN SHORT LOL....ok ok so its a novella so its suppose to be a quick read but holy shit OLIVIA !!!! U GOT ME ALL REVED UP READY FOR THE NEXT BOOK SO U BETTER BE WRITTING UR CUTE LITTLE BUTT OFFF 4 US ......& yes i did need to use shouty
Beyond Boyfriend ...: Sole Regret Playlist 1 8 May 08, 2013 03:11PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: Buddy Read ~Try Me~ 71 126 Jun 29, 2012 03:34PM
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • Love's Rhythm (Heart of Fame, #1)
  • Heart Song (Biker Rockstar, #2)
  • Rock My Bed (Black Falcon, #2)
  • Stellar Evolution (Falling Stars, #1.5)
  • Exclusive Interview (Rock Arrangement, #1; The Lonely Kings, #1.1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Simple Need (Simple Need, #1)
  • Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • Blind Attraction (Reckless Beat, #1)
  • Picture Perfect (Renegade Saints, #1)
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • See You in My Dreams (Speed, #1)
  • Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)
  • Shocking Heaven (Room 103, #1)
  • Tangled Web (Tangled Web, #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless (Ross Siblings, #3)
  • Trust Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #1)
Combining her love for romantic fiction and rock ‘n roll, Olivia Cunning writes erotic romance centered around rock musicians. Raised on hard rock music from the cradle, she attended her first Styx concert at age six and fell instantly in love with live music. She's been known to travel over a thousand miles just to see a favorite band in concert. As a teen, she discovered her second love, romanti ...more
More about Olivia Cunning...
Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1) Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2) Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5) Wicked Beat (Sinners on Tour, #4)

“What kind of a dork uses a lame stage name anyway? And why Shade? Because he wears sunglasses all the time?"
"Yeah, he has to wear them. He has vision problems.."
Melanie's stomach dropped and she covered her big, blabbering mouth with one hand. "He does? Shit. Now I feel bad."
The guy chuckled. "I'm just fucking with you. He wears them because he enjoys looking like a douche twenty-four seven.”
30 likes
“My goal is to make you scream my name. Give me what I want, but make me work for it.” 28 likes