Moss Farm Or The Mysterious Missives of the Moosepath League

Moss Farm Or The Mysterious Missives of the Moosepath League

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Under the wise and jovial leadership of their chairman Mister Tobias Walton and the shrewd and gallant Sundry Moss, this 19th century gentlemen’s club from Portland, Maine has foiled pirates and kidnappers, joined a hobo army to save a burning village, bumped into the supernatural, and successfully treated a depressed pig!

Return, now, to the early days of the club as (wit...more
Published July 2012 by The Moosepath Press

Mandolin
Van Reid takes us back to late nineteenth century Maine and the early days of the Moosepath League in this wonderful new addition to the Moosepath series. In this tale, we find the League separated from its kindly leader Mister Walton and his "gentleman's gentleman" Sundry Moss when the two men decide to pay a visit to Sundry's home in Edgecomb. While they are busy at Moss Farm with uncertain engagements, ghostly apparitions and thwarted romance, the remainder of the League finds becomes involve...more
Bruce
Mr. Reid does it again! He constantly amazes me with his talent to go off in different directions with his books, and yet be successful in his storytelling! This one's pace seems slower than some of the others, but don't let that stop you, as it's a wonderful tale with SO much insight into the characters that I'm beginning to feel like they are old friends. Highly recommended and the epilogue hints that there's another great adventure in the offing! (Did I mention that the book is highly recomme...more
Mark Stratton
A book that ambles amiably along, guided by prose that warms the proceedings with style and grace.
Rachel Rogers
Why, oh why don't these have a wider audience? They are lighthearted, delightful and bring me great happiness.I was worried that Reid would have a hard time writing a prequel (this falls between his original 2 stories although it was written after the 5th (?). I shouldn't have worried. He inserted this seamlessly into the continuity and made me want to meet all these people all the more. New characters were delightful. Tell everyone to read this book (after Cordelia Underwood of course)!
Marybeth
I loved this! It's the latest in a series about the wonderful members of the Moosepath League, gentlemen of Maine in the late 1890s who get themselves into the most convoluted scrapes in the most innocent ways. Reid's descriptive style of writing takes you right into their world. How long do I have to wait for the next adventure?!
Heidi

I love these books! Just had to go and re-read the whole set. Can't wait for the story to continue. Great for anyone who loves Dickens or PG Wodehouse.
Jenny
Oh, how I love the Moosepath League and Van Reid! Another great installment in a lovely series! Moxie!
Greg
Love 'em all. Sad that these aren't recognized for the splendid little gems they are.
Mickie
A lovely escape with very unique characters and just a fun read.
Gerry
Not up to his usual after a years long layoff.
Kathryn
"Moosepath League #7"
Van Reid is one of my favorite authors. I have read all his books and they all are hilarious, thought provoking, and simply a delight to read. When a book makes you actually laugh out loud and look around to see if any one heard you, you know you have a wonderful story teller. His descriptive prose and delightful interchange between characters is what makes you think of the book even after having finished. I would highly recommend.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Brittany Wren
Brittany Wren marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Roxane
Roxane is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Terry Southard
Terry Southard marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2013
Betsy-the-muffin
Betsy-the-muffin marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Christi Flagg
Christi Flagg marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Queenie Francie
Queenie Francie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Cordelia Underwood: Or, The Marvelous Beginnings of the Moosepath League Mollie Peer: or, The Underground Adventure of the Moosepath League Daniel Plainway: Or The Holiday Haunting of the Moosepath League Mrs. Roberto: Or the Widowy Worries of the Moosepath League Fiddler's Green: Or a Wedding, a Ball, and the Singular Adventures of Sundry Moss (Moosepath League, Book 5)