Start by marking “Moss Farm Or The Mysterious Missives of the Moosepath League” as Want to Read:
Moss Farm Or The Mysterious Missives of the Moosepath League

Moss Farm Or The Mysterious Missives of the Moosepath League

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Under the wise and jovial leadership of their chairman Mister Tobias Walton and the shrewd and gallant Sundry Moss, this 19th century gentlemen’s club from Portland, Maine has foiled pirates and kidnappers, joined a hobo army to save a burning village, bumped into the supernatural, and successfully treated a depressed pig!

Return, now, to the early days of the club as (wit
Published July 2012 by The Moosepath Press

Mandolin
Aug 02, 2012 Mandolin rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-inventory
Van Reid takes us back to late nineteenth century Maine and the early days of the Moosepath League in this wonderful new addition to the Moosepath series. In this tale, we find the League separated from its kindly leader Mister Walton and his "gentleman's gentleman" Sundry Moss when the two men decide to pay a visit to Sundry's home in Edgecomb. While they are busy at Moss Farm with uncertain engagements, ghostly apparitions and thwarted romance, the remainder of the League finds becomes involve ...more
Bruce
Sep 15, 2012 Bruce rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
Mr. Reid does it again! He constantly amazes me with his talent to go off in different directions with his books, and yet be successful in his storytelling! This one's pace seems slower than some of the others, but don't let that stop you, as it's a wonderful tale with SO much insight into the characters that I'm beginning to feel like they are old friends. Highly recommended and the epilogue hints that there's another great adventure in the offing! (Did I mention that the book is highly recomme ...more
Mark Stratton
Sep 27, 2012 Mark Stratton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A book that ambles amiably along, guided by prose that warms the proceedings with style and grace.
Rachel Rogers
Jan 06, 2013 Rachel Rogers rated it it was amazing
Why, oh why don't these have a wider audience? They are lighthearted, delightful and bring me great happiness.I was worried that Reid would have a hard time writing a prequel (this falls between his original 2 stories although it was written after the 5th (?). I shouldn't have worried. He inserted this seamlessly into the continuity and made me want to meet all these people all the more. New characters were delightful. Tell everyone to read this book (after Cordelia Underwood of course)!
Kim
Dec 29, 2014 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I am very disappointed with this book. I requested our head librarian to order the book, and she had some difficulties finding copies for sale.
I was so excited when it came in! UGH.
First,the print is small and fills most of the page. The character plot is confusing and not enjoyable. The previous Moosepath League books were witty, funny and full of historical knowledge of the Portland area. I just could not finish this!
Marybeth
Feb 06, 2013 Marybeth rated it really liked it
I loved this! It's the latest in a series about the wonderful members of the Moosepath League, gentlemen of Maine in the late 1890s who get themselves into the most convoluted scrapes in the most innocent ways. Reid's descriptive style of writing takes you right into their world. How long do I have to wait for the next adventure?!
Heidi
Oct 18, 2012 Heidi rated it it was amazing

I love these books! Just had to go and re-read the whole set. Can't wait for the story to continue. Great for anyone who loves Dickens or PG Wodehouse.
Jenny
Jul 11, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I love the Moosepath League and Van Reid! Another great installment in a lovely series! Moxie!
Greg
Apr 20, 2013 Greg rated it really liked it
Love 'em all. Sad that these aren't recognized for the splendid little gems they are.
Mickie
Oct 06, 2013 Mickie rated it really liked it
A lovely escape with very unique characters and just a fun read.
Gerry
Nov 14, 2012 Gerry rated it it was ok
Not up to his usual after a years long layoff.
Kathryn
"Moosepath League #7"
Sep 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Van Reid is one of my favorite authors. I have read all his books and they all are hilarious, thought provoking, and simply a delight to read. When a book makes you actually laugh out loud and look around to see if any one heard you, you know you have a wonderful story teller. His descriptive prose and delightful interchange between characters is what makes you think of the book even after having finished. I would highly recommend.
Hammiecu
Hammiecu marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Erin
Erin is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2016
A_schtr
A_schtr marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Dotia
Dotia marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Knitgrr
Knitgrr rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Chipmunk Alley
Chipmunk Alley marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kay Dobie
Kay Dobie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Megan Bendson
Megan Bendson marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Megan Elaine
Megan Elaine marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Tracey Billson
Tracey Billson rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Riff Denbow
Riff Denbow marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Alena
Alena marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Beth Buss
Beth Buss rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2015