Start by marking “Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops, #2)

Tactical Strike (Bagram Special Ops #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  1,268 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Gunship pilot Captain Candace Bradford has worked long and hard to earn her rank and position within the male-dominated world of Air Force Special Operations. She's not about to let anything or anyone jeopardize that, let alone one sinfully tempting man who seems determined to cause her nothing but trouble. Even if she's starting to fall for him.

As an elite Combat Controll
Published March 11th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Tactical Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tactical Strike

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
4 stars.****Review completed March 3, 2013

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-03-01um220211_zps73ec46ba.png

It's been a long time since I read and enjoyed Deadly Descent. Tactical Strike picks up right where Deadly Descent left off and tells us Ryan and Candace's story. No worries though, it was well worth the wait!

Staff Sergeant Ryan Wentworth "Went" is a CCT (Air Force Combat Controller), and a member of AFSOC (Air Force Special Operations Command). These men are some of the most proficiently trained military members in all of the Armed Forces. Their motto i
Jill
Mar 09, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it

This Bagram Special Ops series is possibly THE best military romantic suspense series at the moment!

No fraternisation between enlisted men and officers. It's a protocol that the military takes seriously to ensure that discipline and the chain-of-command are not compromised.

Air Force Staff Sergeant, Ryan Wentworth is fond of bending the rules. He's interested in the tall, blonde gunship pilot who helped save his team several weeks ago. Captain Candace 'Ace' Bradford follows the rules
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
The mission of a Combat Controller is to deploy by the most feasible means available into combat and non-permissive environments. Combat Controllers are Special Tactics Operators who establish assault zones while simultaneously providing air traffic control, fire support and command and control communications in the joint arena. Additionally, Combat Controllers expertly employ all terrain vehicles, amphibious vehicles, weapons and demolitions. First There.

Hooyah!

—Combat Controller mission state
Wendy
Mar 11, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
5 shining stars!

This book has everything I love in a military romantic suspense. A protective, sweet and sexy alpha male hero in Ryan, a kick ass, at times prickly but lovable heroine in Candace, non-stop action, great plot and absolutely delicious romance makes this a standout!

He didn’t touch her. Just stood there looking down at her for a long moment, his gaze gliding over her face like a lover’s caress. Hot. Seductive. “So, if we were alone right now, would you kiss me?”

Her mouth went dry. Sh
Gina

This was an amazing story, and it will hold a place on my favorites shelf!

We met Candace Bradford and Ryan Wentworth in Deadly Descent as supporting characters, I was thrilled to know they were getting their own story.

Candace Bradford is a pilot (officer)and she has worked hard to succeed in a male dominated field. She has earned her place by working hard and following the rules, keeping her emotions in check and not giving anyone an opportunity to take what she has worked hard for.

Ryan Wentwo

Romance Rating 5 Stars
Heat Level 3.5 Stars
Action Level 5+ Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

THIS READ WAS AMAZING!!! I loved every second I spent reading this story and there was not one thing about it that I did not like. It grabbed me from page one where the action took off right from the start and kept right on going. These scenes were so well written that they took me there and had me feeling ever
Glamdring
Sep 22, 2013 Glamdring rated it really liked it

*Spoiler free review*

“What...what about the others?”
“They won’t be back for hours. I made sure.” He stroked gently over her stomach. Slow, firm circles that made her want to rotate her hips in time with his rhythm. Her mind was still fighting it.
He’d made sure? What did that mean, and how could he know? “You can’t be sure—”
“I’m sure. I’m good at recon and planning missions.”

This is Ryan Wentworth, elite Combat Controller, for you! :DDD

I loved this book even better than the first one. From the pr

Steffi
Apr 15, 2013 Steffi rated it it was amazing

Tactical Strike is Kaylea Cross’ second book in the Bagram Special Ops series and as fantastic as the first one.

Candace and Ryan’s relationship started in Deadly Descent and it promised fireworks and sparks. If you had the same expectations I did, you’re not going to be disappointed with Tactical Strike. While the plot is quite similar to Deadly Descent, Tactical Strike still manages to thrill and excite. It’s a fast-paced read that will leave you breathless but very satisfied.

I absolu
Lady Heather
Aug 28, 2013 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: military, contemporary romance, strong women and alpha males

What an AMAZING ride this story was!

LOVED the characters, writing, and story!

I loved Candace's strength, courage, discipline, and compassion, and attitude.

photo attitude.jpg

... and Ryan was just PERFECT! What an amazing, dangerous, and crazy job he has as a CCT!
His courage, honor, discipline, focus, compassion, strength, humility, sense of humor, and intelligence... WOW! He is the WHOLE package!

photo iloveyou-1.gif

I also loved Candace's grandmother!
"Holy shit, he'd just been bitch-slapped by an old lady. **Literally laughed out lo
KatLynne
Tactical Strike picks up right where Deadly Descent left off, giving us Ryan and Candace's story. If this is what Military Romantic Suspense is all about, then I’ve been missing out!

Riveted from the very beginning, I didn’t want to put this book down. From the war zone battlefield in Afghanistan to the frenzied, delicious romance, I loved it all. Kaylea Cross’ incredible talent once again excels as she takes the reader into the midst of the combat zone while also offering a highly charged, emot
Dee

Full review to follow but in the interim will just say that it was well worth the wait!

This book can be read as a stand-alone but I honestly wouldn't recommend it - I really do think you should read the first one before this.

ARC kindly supplied by Carina Press via Netgalley

Saly
Tactical Strike is the second book in the awesome Bagram series by Kaylea Cross and despite the long wait it doesn't disappoint.

In the first book Deadly Descent readers were introduced to by the rules pilot Captain Candace Bradford and rebellious Staff Sergeant Ryan Wentworth and the sparks they struck of each other but Candace is miles apart from Ryan, first she is an officer and fraternization is forbidden then she isn't sure she likes Ryan half of the time, he has a big mouth and disobeys her
Jen_C
3.5 "No doesn't mean keep pushing" stars.

I love the series and this book is well written, full of action and good. Cross fans will enjoy it and if you like cocky dominating males, probably love it. I like a bit more time spent on the building up of the relationship than this had. I skimmed the parts from the terrorist's point-of-view because I would rather read about the main characters.

My reasons for not loving it may just be my preference. I felt like it was repeatedly mentioned how hard Canda
rameau
This review can also be found on Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell-blog.

This is going to be a “let’s dissect the blurb”-review.

This is the set up and since I’ve not read the first book in the series I’m going to take this at face value. She does crash a plane but technically that’s not her fault, so I’m guessing she’s worked hard to earn her wings
Steamywindows♥♫
Great story, action packed with a very lovely romance between an airforce pilot and a communications specialist. She (Candace) is the pilot, and Ryan, the guy in the thick of all the action. This was well written, fast paced and very credible. I liked this one even more than the first, so I'm really looking forward to the next one out. Wowsa the steam factor was, *fans self* HOT!
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

If I’m in a reading rut, I will always gravitate to military romance or romantic suspense to pick me up. It is a genre that has books ranging from amazing to awful, but when you find a good author of the genre, there’s nothing better.

There’re two things that set Kaylea Cross’ books apart, and make her one of my favourite authors:

1. Her research. Oh my goodness, this author does the most extensive research for her books, and every time you up one of her books she has trans
ツ Renée
Apr 15, 2013 ツ Renée rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military
Holy crap!!! This book was sooo good!

I. Loved. Ryan. Wentworth. I regressed back to my high school crush days, and wrote this all over my notebook. Good lord, the man was beautiful – his strength, dominance, and confidence did it for me like nothing else. He charmed me from the very beginning.

I loved Candace too. She was a little stiff at first, what with the stick up her ass, but she was Ryan’s equal in every way. I respected her dedication and ability. I understood and appreciated her fear and
Mareli
Apr 06, 2016 Mareli rated it it was amazing
Wonderful installment in this series. I loved hero and heroine from the start and their story is well written, full of details and a solid background environment.

Chapeau to Kaylea Cross, she's really a wonderful writer

Cristina
Mar 12, 2013 Cristina rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-r
3,5 stars
PepperP0t
This outing picks up after Deadly Descent and pilot Captain Candace 'Ace' Bradford still does it for Staff Sergeant Ryan 'Went' Wentworth and she's still sticking to the rules and the no fraternization is a biggie. With her rank and reputation at stake desire has to be tucked carefully away. Went isn't giving up and a personal thank you thawed things enough to give him hope.

Frustrated and angry at his general's poor leadership, Khalid decides it's time to lead his own team and gives that ultima
Katie_la_geek
Apr 23, 2013 Katie_la_geek rated it liked it
For this review and more my blog

I thought I was going to love Tactical Strike, I really like military novels and I found the blurb for this really intriguing. I really liked the idea of a strong military woman and I was attracted by the trapped behind enemy lines storyline. The truth was that this blurb is a little deceptive and in the end this was not what I thought it was at all.

Candace is not what I would consider a strong female character and I was surprised at her military career to be hone
Mandi Schreiner
I like military romance and really enjoyed Deadly Descent (among other military romances) from Kaylea Cross last year. Tactical Strike features our heroine, Gunship pilot Captain Candace Bradford who is very hard working, very serious and doesn’t have time for the lusty glances that Combat Controller, Staff Sergeant Ryan Wentworth throws her way. Part of the problem is that Candace is an officer, and Ryan is not, so pursuing a relationship with him would be off limits. And Candace as Ryan comes ...more
Mandy
Mar 12, 2013 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Guh. Oh Ms. Cross, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.... Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.....
I'm going to try to formulate a review that makes sense but I'm not sure I can do that. I LOVED this book. She does such a good job of combining the reality of the situation the characters find themselves in. Officer and enlisted soldiers. Candace also has a little bit of... baggage of her own. And frankly the chip on her shoulder (well said Ryan) makes me want to shake her in the beginning. I mean,
Julieanne Reeves
Mar 12, 2013 Julieanne Reeves rated it it was amazing
Okay, I freely admit that I suck at doing reviews, but I'm going to give this a try. I won't go into the synopsis, you all can read that on your own. What I will say is that I really enjoyed Tactical Strike. There's a healthy dose of military jargon in here, but I think it lends a credibility to the story line. If you haven't read much military romance you might want to check out the glossary before you start reading just so you're on the same page with the rest of us.

As far as the story line i
Shirley Frances

Candace is not looking for a hook-up or anything that could threaten what she has worked so hard for. But Ryan is relentless and her determination to keep him at bay is withering.

Ryan wants Candace. He admires the hell out of her, but he is also attracted to her. She is a challenge, and he never backs out of a challenge.

Finding themselves in a difficult situation, Ryan realizes that Candace has come to mean more to him that he first intended.

I wanted to love this story, yet I didn't.

My
Debbie
Jan 29, 2016 Debbie rated it really liked it
You'll remember that we were introduced to Ryan and Candace in book one, Deadly Descent. Candace is a gunship pilot and Ryan is an elite combat controller. When Candace's plane suffers damage during a rescue mission, she and her crew members are forced to evacuate. Ryan and his men will do whatever is necessary to tend to the injured and keep them safe from the enemy that is pursuing them.

Ryan's a great character. He's flirty, sexy and fun, yet serious and take charge when doing his job and prot
Rinou
Feb 18, 2014 Rinou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the author's abilities to hook me with her stories. Here again the characters are great, and the action scenes are captivating. I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't want to put the book down. My problem : there's only one book left in this series!
Ellen W-S
Feb 21, 2016 Ellen W-S rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series. More military novel than romance at times but I like it and it works in Ms. Cross' books!
Stella
Mar 09, 2013 Stella rated it really liked it
Book #2 in Kaylea Cross' explosive and action packed Bagram Special Ops military romance series. A nail-biter you won't be able to put down! Detailed review to be posted soon.
Carol Ann
Dec 01, 2016 Carol Ann rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot in the last year. I am a midwife and have been undergoing some pretty intensive learning this last year. I love it when I can put my serious side off to the one side and indulge in crashing aroud with some pretty fearless sexy guys in uniform. I love the character interaction, the humour the pace of the chase. The highs and the lows I want it all and Kaylea never lets me down
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • The Night Is Mine (The Night Stalkers, #1)
  • Midnight Games (Killer Instincts, #3)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
2902054
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former ...more
More about Kaylea Cross...

Bagram Special Ops (5 books)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops, #3)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Collateral Damage (Bagram Special Ops #5)