Start by marking “The Judas Line” as Want to Read:
The Judas Line

The Judas Line

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Jude Oliver hails from a long line of assassins. Tired of his family’s treachery and wanting more from life than power, he escapes with their secret weapon, the Silver—an ancient artifact so potent, so evil, that it could plunge mankind into a permanent state of ruin and despair. After fifteen years on the run, Jude receives a surprise visit from a cousin who planned to mu ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Coffeetown/Camel (first published July 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Judas Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Judas Line

C.p. Bialois
The constant in this author’s work is that his characters are funny, engaging, and likable even at the worst of times in the story. That gives them a comfortable familiarity to welcome the reader into their world.

The book follows a pair of individuals, Jude Olivier and Mike Engle, as they struggle to beat the forces of evil at their own game. As the book unfolds, Jude’s history is told in the form of a letter to his friend and Catholic priest Mike.

For years, Mike thought Jude was nothing more th
Terry Parrish
This was an interesting take on God and Satan. Don't believe I've ever read one like it before. Have to say I really enjoyed it. The main characters Jude and Mike were perfect. Why they got along so well is still a mystery to me, but whatever it was, it worked. Loved the elemental parts of magic that was used. No hocus-pocus stuff in this book. A lot more serious than that. And there are lots of surprises along the way. I do recommend that you read it and not be on the fence about it.
Jack Remick
Mark Everett Stone has written a masterpiece. How did he do that? This novel is built on massive detail--historical,alchemical, fantastical. The Judas Line is a buddy novel, a road novel, a family novel (and you can't choose family so watch out). I won't reveal the story line, but to say that this is an Elemental novel with Satanic breath and the odor of a world you can't imagine.
The myth base is powerful, the rituals are detailed and magnificent, the metaphor is so well written that after a few
Nicky
***semi-mini spoiler*** So loved the mix of theology & fantasy. Lots of action & humor, enjoyed the double POV.***warning though for those like me who enjoy their fluffy bunnies & lollipops*** I cried at the end. Yes, I'm such a baby but damn it! It was sad. Not hip on self sacrifice blah blah blah* Having said that it's still one of the best books i've read in a while!
Lighthearted
What would happen if the antichrist really didn’t want to be the antichrist? Was if he was best friends with a priest? What if he started hanging out with Cain – who feels really bad about killing Abel and lying about it?

Reminiscent of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, The Judas Line has its moments but it’s a bit heavy on the testosterone for me – there’s a lot of fighting and gore in graphic detail. I like the basic premise but I have to admit, I was disappointed by Jude Oliver’
Champ
I found the premise interesting: a rogue member of an ancient family of magical assassins steals "The Silver", the source of the family's magical power and seeks to destroy it. I don't want to give anything away, but it's an ancient family, the source of its power is The Silver, and the book is called "The Judas Line"...As I say, the premise is interesting, but the dialogue is stilted and strange -- no one talks like these people -- and the climax devolves into one action movie cliche after anot ...more
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 3/1/13
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Brandy Hoskins
Brandy Hoskins marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Dec 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Sendero
  • The Mirror of the Soul
  • Lifelights (The Lifelight Series, #1)
  • Scottish Rite
  • The Delphi Agenda
  • Bid the Gods Arise (The Wells of the Worlds, #1)
  • The Scavenger's Daughter: A Tyler West Mystery
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Wild-born (Psionic Pentalogy, #1)
  • The Never
  • Becoming Quinn (Jonathan Quinn, #0.1)
  • Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller
  • The Puppet Maker's Bones  (Death's Order, #1)
  • The Hollow Man (DC Belsey, #1)
  • The Missings
  • The Taste of Fear
  • The Genesis Key
  • Alchemy
Born in Helsinki, Finland, Mark Everett Stone arrived in the U.S. at a young age and promptly dove into the world of the fantastic. Starting at age seven with the Iliad and the Odyssey, he went on to consume every scrap of Norse Mythology he could get his grubby little paws on. At age thirteen he graduated to Tolkien and Heinlein, building up a book collection that soon rivaled the local public li ...more
More about Mark Everett Stone...
Things to Do in Denver When You're Un-Dead What Happens in Vegas, Dies in Vegas I Left my Haunt in San Francisco Chicago, the Windigo City Oil's Not Well in Odessa: A BSI Short Story (From the Files of the BSI)