Start by marking “The Judas Line” as Want to Read:
The Judas Line

The Judas Line

Jude Oliver hails from a long line of assassins. Tired of his family’s treachery and wanting more from life than power, he escapes with their secret weapon, the Silver—an ancient artifact so potent, so evil, that it could plunge mankind into a permanent state of ruin and despair. After fifteen years on the run, Jude receives a surprise visit from a cousin who planned to mu ...more
Published September 1st 2012 by Coffeetown/Camel (first published July 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Judas Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Judas Line

C.p. Bialois
Oct 19, 2012 C.p. Bialois rated it really liked it
The constant in this author’s work is that his characters are funny, engaging, and likable even at the worst of times in the story. That gives them a comfortable familiarity to welcome the reader into their world.

The book follows a pair of individuals, Jude Olivier and Mike Engle, as they struggle to beat the forces of evil at their own game. As the book unfolds, Jude’s history is told in the form of a letter to his friend and Catholic priest Mike.

For years, Mike thought Jude was nothing more th
Terry Parrish
Jan 10, 2013 Terry Parrish rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting take on God and Satan. Don't believe I've ever read one like it before. Have to say I really enjoyed it. The main characters Jude and Mike were perfect. Why they got along so well is still a mystery to me, but whatever it was, it worked. Loved the elemental parts of magic that was used. No hocus-pocus stuff in this book. A lot more serious than that. And there are lots of surprises along the way. I do recommend that you read it and not be on the fence about it.
Jack Remick
Aug 18, 2012 Jack Remick rated it it was amazing
Mark Everett Stone has written a masterpiece. How did he do that? This novel is built on massive detail--historical,alchemical, fantastical. The Judas Line is a buddy novel, a road novel, a family novel (and you can't choose family so watch out). I won't reveal the story line, but to say that this is an Elemental novel with Satanic breath and the odor of a world you can't imagine.
The myth base is powerful, the rituals are detailed and magnificent, the metaphor is so well written that after a few
Karen Morrissey
May 12, 2015 Karen Morrissey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not normally fond of 1st person narration because I find it often not done well. Mark Stone knows how to do 1st person, and I enjoyed the quirk that he used 1st person for 2 different points of view in this book. It was appropriate because both characters are important to the story and they have very different worldviews. The style of narration is (and I use Mark's words to me) "1st person smartass."

Stone understands plot. This story gets quickly into conflict and the pace steadily builds, w
Nicky
Nov 12, 2012 Nicky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, fantasy
***semi-mini spoiler*** So loved the mix of theology & fantasy. Lots of action & humor, enjoyed the double POV.***warning though for those like me who enjoy their fluffy bunnies & lollipops*** I cried at the end. Yes, I'm such a baby but damn it! It was sad. Not hip on self sacrifice blah blah blah* Having said that it's still one of the best books i've read in a while!
Lighthearted
What would happen if the antichrist really didn’t want to be the antichrist? Was if he was best friends with a priest? What if he started hanging out with Cain – who feels really bad about killing Abel and lying about it?

Reminiscent of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, The Judas Line has its moments but it’s a bit heavy on the testosterone for me – there’s a lot of fighting and gore in graphic detail. I like the basic premise but I have to admit, I was disappointed by Jude Oliver’
Champ
Jan 22, 2013 Champ rated it it was ok
I found the premise interesting: a rogue member of an ancient family of magical assassins steals "The Silver", the source of the family's magical power and seeks to destroy it. I don't want to give anything away, but it's an ancient family, the source of its power is The Silver, and the book is called "The Judas Line"...As I say, the premise is interesting, but the dialogue is stilted and strange -- no one talks like these people -- and the climax devolves into one action movie cliche after anot ...more
Doreen Dalesandro
Kindle freebie, 3/1/13
Julia Anna
Julia Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Pinskeyl
Pinskeyl marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Jack Noe
Jack Noe marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Shiva Seven
Shiva Seven rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Mirkku Pulliainen
Mirkku Pulliainen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Mark
Mark added it
May 07, 2016
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Benjamin Thornton
Benjamin Thornton marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Mommacat
Mommacat marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Jessica Mahoney
Jessica Mahoney rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Claire H Bentley
Claire H Bentley rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Boris
Boris rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Annika
Annika marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Craig Bartoldson
Craig Bartoldson marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Coreen
Coreen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mel
Mel added it
Apr 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sendero
  • The Mirror of the Soul
  • Lifelights (The Lifelight Series, #1)
  • The Paper Doll Museum
  • Bid the Gods Arise (The Wells of the Worlds, #1)
  • Scattered Leaves: The Legend of Ghostkiller
  • Scottish Rite
  • The Delphi Agenda
  • The Never
  • Garden Guide - A No Nonsense, No PhD, No Fuss Guide to Great Gardens with Hand-Holding How To's for Beginners and Straightforward Instruction for Advanced Gardeners
  • Veined (Guardian of the Angels, #1)
  • Poisoned Soil
  • Merkaba (Walk the Right Road, #3)
  • Dream Walker (Paperback)
  • The Dark Shadow of Spring (The Young Sorcerers Guild, #1)
  • The Witch Hunter's Gauntlet (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Pirates (Nastragull #1)
  • Becoming Quinn (Jonathan Quinn, #0.1)
Born in Helsinki, Finland, Mark Everett Stone arrived in the U.S. at a young age and promptly dove into the world of the fantastic. Starting at age seven with the Iliad and the Odyssey, he went on to consume every scrap of Norse Mythology he could get his grubby little paws on. At age thirteen he graduated to Tolkien and Heinlein, building up a book collection that soon rivaled the local public li ...more
More about Mark Everett Stone...