Start by marking “Because I Am Yours (Because You Are Mine, #1.8)” as Want to Read:
Because I Am Yours (Because You Are Mine, #1.8)

Because I Am Yours (Because You Are Mine #1.8)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  4,514 Ratings  ·  175 Reviews
Secrets are exposed, love is challenged, and the future is compromised, when Francesca and Ian face an inevitable decision that will change their lives forever as national bestselling author Beth Kery’s Because You Are Mine comes to a spellbinding conclusion…

From the moment Ian and Francesca first met, the attraction was mutual—a purely, exquisitely physical charge that ig
ebook, Nook, 53 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Berkley InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Because I Am Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because I Am Yours

Melanie♥
Jan 07, 2013 Melanie♥ rated it did not like it
I rated and commented on the first two installments, but here are my final thoughts on this "book".

I don't believe you can fairly rate a book by the chapter, so I have modified my ratings on each part to reflect my feelings about the book as a whole now that I have read all 8 parts.

If this book had not been the selection of my book club, I would never have purchased more than the first part.

As mentioned in my previous reviews, the serialized release of a book two chapters at a time is totally of
The BookChick
I have forced myself to read each installment of this outrageously priced serial. My ratings went down with each successive installment. This was perhaps the most stolid installment in the series.

Francesca goes to London to find out about Ian's alive...but superbly schizophrenic mother... surprising and angering him with her presence. After willingly submitting to him, she allows him to punish her and then brutishly eff her as an additional punishment. Please note that at this point, my Google
Kirsty
Oct 07, 2012 Kirsty rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This series was the biggest waste of time and money I have ever come across. For the first few weeks I was enjoying this story and was looking forward to Tuesday's to read the latest installment. But by the time I reached the fourth of fifth week I found myself losing interesting and constantly forgetting what I had already written.
I also read from Beth Kery that the last few installments were going to be considerably longer so I began to look forward to them again but that wasn't the case. For
Kate F
Sep 28, 2012 Kate F rated it did not like it
Weak, predictable ending. This "series" should've been a $3.99 book...
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
1/2! Because You Are Mine series, book 1-8 of 8. Another whirlwind romance with a dominant & controlling, rich & sexy alpha male hero!

“Because You Are Mine” (Ian’s & Francesca’s story) is an 8-part series, released in the fall of 2012. Combined they make a 368-page read. Please note that the Omnibus will be released in March 2013.
And there will be a sequel to this series, “When I'm With You” (Lucien’s & Elise’s story) to be released in 8 weekly installments starting March 3, 201
J.E.
Sep 19, 2012 J.E. rated it it was ok
I really hated the ending. Each book contains 2 chapters. So by the time you buy 16 chapters you've spent $16 for really a half a book. Yep I've been punked for sure! Whoever thought up this marketing scheme needs to be seriously fired. It gets in the way of being able to appreciate the story, frankly, which overall wasn't so bad, though I thought the ending was awful. The bad outweighs the good. I feel I got sucked out of paying $1 a chapter so the story must have been halfway decent because I ...more
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Sep 21, 2012 Mari (Smut Duchess) rated it it was ok
WTW???? 8 weeks, 16 bucks lighter and that's it???? Couldn't there have been a firmer ending? Maybe throw us a bone with a one chapter epilogue. Anything to help us feel that our time and money meant something. If I find out that this series continues I can guarantee I won't be bothering with it. Others have told me what a great author Beth Kery is, and that might be true but I can't bring myself to give her another dollar.

Publishers and authors are you taking note that many people dislike the
Leticia
Sep 18, 2012 Leticia rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle
How to start this? I am confused, very confused, to the point that I just went through my whole iBook collection to make sure I was not missing one of the books, out of the 8 and yes, I had them all, most shocking I read them all.

Some time ago a book called Wicked Burn came to my hands and I loved it! I love Beth Kery's style and how passionate the story was, I don't have to tell you how excited I was to see the "Because You Are Mine" Series coming out, to the point that I pre-ordered the 8 book
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`

I'll give 4 Stars! for this whole book :))

All 8 short stories from this series are actually one book cut in 8 pieces, so it to be released in different dates to drive fans crazy. At least that is what I think.

Hopefully authors wont do that again in the future. Cause it's frustrating, really.

Do you know the feeling when you can't read the book you're into because you have go to work or other matters to attend too? Basically don't have time for it? And through that time, while you can't read, yo
Danielle
Sep 24, 2012 Danielle rated it liked it
This series frustrated me. I guess I have gotten spoiled with really good erotic contemporaries lately, but I expected well-rounded characters, a plot that makes sense, and tension that has a climatic moment. The most climactic moment in the book happens in the MANY many sex scenes. So many that I skipped they the last 3 or 4.
Francesca is so weak. And indecisive. And pretty much the child that Ian accuses her of being thought the book. Instead of taking a stand when she is being treated like tr
Monica
Sep 19, 2012 Monica rated it liked it
Well written but a very predictable plot. I found Francesca to be a totally unbelievable character, and very annoying. Besides the gorgeous 20 something virgin scenario (yeah right). I mean what woman only ever wears jeans and has only one Boho dress in her wardrobe, and when Ian a multi-millionaire wants to buy her some new clothes so that she can feel comfortable attending fancy dinners etc. she goes ballistic!!??? Though she does let him buy her a leather bikers jacket (hello, hypocrite ...more
Kimmy

Just finished the 8th installment of this series... First of all this review is on the whole series not the 2 chapters per books BS... This series had a lot of potential but toward the 5 & 6 books I just got tired of Ian walking all over Francesca, the poor virgin who gets corrupted by the Dom. This series was truly a knockoff of 50 shades, a really bad one at that!! This series actually came across as a poorly written Fanfic.
Jen
Sep 18, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fv, kery
Ian and Francesca

See all my mini reviews on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

If you have been following my mini-reviews you know that each week I grump a little when the latest installment ends. This week I think I will grump because my weekly visits with Ian and Francesca have finally come to an end with the conclusion of the serial books, Because You Are Mine Part VIII: Because I Am Yours.

Even at the end of the previous novella, Because I Need To, I wasn’t sure how Ian and Francesca were going to co
Anna P
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Sep 21, 2012 Anas Attic Book Blog rated it liked it
Shelves: smut-romance, short
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

This review will be my final review both for Because You Are Mine Part VIII: Because I Am Yours, and the entire series combined. The book ended OK, though I wish there were more, it felt rushed and was over way too quickly. I was given the entire series for review by the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for honest reviews.

In this installment we have another step back before moving forward. Francesca takes off on a whim and follow
Mukadis
Jan 25, 2014 Mukadis rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm
Alright, I'm writing this as a review for all 8 of these "books". I didn't see the point of writing a review for all of them individually.

I am going to go on a rant right now and just vent a little I am sorry if you don't agree but its just my opinion. :)

First off the reason my ratings is so low is because I don't believe there was anything good in it for me to say its worth reading. It was in my opinion one of the worst things I have read in a while.

The story was written like a bad fan-fictio
Annie
Feb 27, 2013 Annie rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I really don't know how to explain why, but I really didn't "feel" these last two chapters. They felt rushed, and the super-uber-huge revelation didn't really hit me that much. It felt sort of anticlimatic. I was expecting a deep, dark, awful secret, and though Ian's situation isn't an easy one, it's rather serious and vulnerable, I didn't... feel it. I can't explain it any better than that.

We ended the previous chapter with Francesca finding out that Ian is in London. She decides to go
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I will give 3.5 to the entire series. It had potential regardless of the silly chapter installments. I am glad that I had all 8 books when I got to read it and aside from having to go to bed last night read them all but the last in a row. I hated the ending. I mean, for the cost of each book there just should have been more then that at the end. That was not an ending. That was the beginning conversation to an ending or at least an Epilogue which there was not. I am glad I read it, I am even ...more
Rita
Jan 01, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it
Well I must say this was a very interesting series. I was thoroughly pissed off the whole time. Around the last book, I had some inkling of like for IAN. Still an ass. But the series was good overall. Definitely recommend, if your into BDSM. This was my first bought with BDSM. I don't understand the control issue, it reminds of nonconsensual sex. But putting that aside, I enjoyed the series. I haven't read 50 Shades, I am hoping that they are nothing alike. Hopefully I will get to that one this ...more
Danielle
Sep 18, 2012 Danielle rated it liked it
I read this book this morning and I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed with the ending and also the fact that it ended at 66% on my kindle! Then carried on with an excerpt from another book ... not a happy bunny considering this happened in one of the other books. Although the price was low I feel I have been ripped off ....
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡

I soooooooooo want this series combined in a paperback!! Lovely ending to a great story, although I must confess I was a little bit sad that we didn't get a Epilogue..

Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
Wished there was more too this and the characters

spoilers include strong language about Ian

(view spoiler)
Saunders
Sep 13, 2016 Saunders rated it liked it
Shelves: drip-feed
I just don't have the patience or the inclination or pay the price for these books now. Too slow, too long drawn out. Just give me a complete book!
Cheryl
Sep 20, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was ok
Wasn't enough of a conclusion for me. Felt like the author was suddenly tired of the story and let it abruptly end. Needed a few more chapters to really conclude the story for me.
Heather
Sep 18, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story overall but the ending was too rushed.
Lori
Sep 18, 2012 Lori rated it liked it

A little disappointed in the end.
Clarice
Sep 18, 2016 Clarice rated it liked it
What a waste of money.
Isabelle
Mar 07, 2013 Isabelle rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars, bdsm
3.5 stars Series, short-story, erotica, bdsm

Summary

Francesca is an artist that has just won a competition to paint for billionaire Ian Noble. She doesn't feel comfortable with herself and this world that she has to participate in order to get her prizes and her attraction to Ian doesn't help her.
Ian Noble knows he wants Francesca, but he also knows he is not good for her. So he tries to avoid the inevitable, but he is not strong enough.
Through out these eight short-stories they learn about each
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com
Nov 21, 2012 Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I was extremely hesitant to pick up this series by Beth Kery because I wasn't a big fan at all of her previous book I read, Wicked Burn.

Needless-to-say I ventured into it with wary hesitation. I was at first relieved that each book was a sort of short story that continues into the next. This was good when I discovered this because I realized that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel like I had wasted to much of my time.

Well… I worked through the first one and before I realized it, it was finishe
  • Anything He Wants 3: The Secret (Dominated by the Billionaire, #3)
  • At His Instruction (The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #5)
  • His Every Desire (For His Pleasure, #7)
  • Felt Tips
  • Rapture and Lace (Lace, #3)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...

Because You Are Mine (4 books)
  • Because You Are Mine: The Complete Novel (Because You Are Mine, #1)
  • When I'm with You (Because You Are Mine, #2)
  • Because We Belong (Because You Are Mine, #3)
  • Since I Saw You (Because You Are Mine, #4)