Start by marking “Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.3)” as Want to Read:
Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.3)

Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine #1.3)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  5,108 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
What are the mysteries of attraction? They’re about to be explored as national bestselling author Beth Kery’s Because You Are Mine continues, drawing two lovers closer and closer…

Knowing just how innocent Francesca is, Ian finds himself struggling with whether or not to pursue her. But he has to have her. Because when it comes to this particular obsession, desire trumps
Published August 14th 2012 by Berkley InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Because You Haunt Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because You Haunt Me

~ Becs ~
But I still can’t stop thinking about you. I must have you. Completely. Frequently . . . and at all costs

After their emotionally traumatic parting at the end of the last episode they are both avoiding one another but Ian cannot get Francesca out of his mind. She haunts his every waking moment and also his dreams - he must have her. Francesca felt only shame at what had passed between them but, when faced with Ian wielding his incredible influence and wealth to manufacture a meeting between the
Kate F
Aug 14, 2012 Kate F rated it did not like it
I am really enjoying this story but am SO disappointed in the way that it is being released! $1/per chapter is simply price gouging. I'm invested in the story so I will finish the series but I will never buy a book being released this way again. What a shame.
Dreams
Have you ever signed up for a convention or a seminar? Bought your ticket, was kind of excited to get out of town and go somewhere new...You get there and everything is just lush; you get all settled in and you're happy with your decision that you decided to come. Then about an hour in to the first speaker you realize this isn't exactly what you thought it would be and you sort of just want to go back home? But on the same note, you're conflicted about feeling that way because you paid money to ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
1/2! Because You Are Mine series, book 1-8 of 8. Another whirlwind romance with a dominant & controlling, rich & sexy alpha male hero!

“Because You Are Mine” (Ian’s & Francesca’s story) is an 8-part series, released in the fall of 2012. Combined they make a 368-page read. Please note that the Omnibus will be released in March 2013.
And there will be a sequel to this series, “When I'm With You” (Lucien’s & Elise’s story) to be released in 8 weekly installments starting March 3, 201
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Join me on my blog every Tuesday through September 18 2012, where Beth Kery will sit down for an interview, answer some readers questions from the week before and give away an installment of Because You Are Mine! (US/UK) Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Because You Are Mine 3, Because You Haunt Me by Beth Kery is the third of an eight part serial novel that is clearly marketed to the Fifty Shades of Grey market. I have read Beth Kery before, and enjoyed most of the books she has written. This is no excepti
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Gahhhhh *pulls hair out* the torture of waiting for each one of these to come out. Then I devour it and I am left waiting for my next fix. I swear I'm not shaking in a corner. Promise.

Why I loved this installment? Well lets see... Ian has become completely larger than life. The man is not only a billionaire, but his family sits on the board of a prestigious art museum in Paris, as well as owning a palace? Ohh and he owns his own plane, you know, to trav
Annie
4.5/5 STARS

"Because You Haunt Me" starts in the aftermath of Ian and Francesca's brief, though intense separation (for lack of a better word). Because Francesca haunts him (yes, I'm shamelessly using the titles of the books in my reviews. idgaf), Ian can't spend another minute without her, and makes her an extremely hot, though rather outrageous offer.

He wants to get her out of his system, and he is aware that a quick fuck won't do it. But he goes for it, and he tells Cesca straight on that ther
The BookWhisperer
Nov 20, 2016 The BookWhisperer marked it as books-to-review
Seriously, I think Beth Kery has a contract out to kill me! She ends the story at the best parts!!! My only blessing was this week after finishing part two, I had part three to read. After I finished part three, I was lost. I had no part four.

Part two: This section shows you the domineering side of Ian (and I loved it!) He knows that she is too good for him and he is willing to say or do anything to keep her away but he still drags himself back to her. To me, this part takes off when Ian barges
Paula
Aug 16, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-erotica
If you loved Fifty and Bared to You, you're going to like this series, maybe not quite as much.

These 2 chapter mini books tell the story of Francesca, the innocent, and Ian, the dominant. Francesca is an artist who wins a competition for her painting, sponsored by Ian's company. Ian is a controlling millionaire, who wants Francesca before he's even met her.

Whilst I like the idea of having a book serial, its kind of frustrating that I have to wait 5 days before I can read the next one. I know tha
Vee
Dec 28, 2014 Vee rated it it was ok
Well, I started this installment, but stopped because I couldn't get into the story, I forgot where we left off on the previous book and was a bit lost at the beginning of the story...I wanted to skip pages, since it wasn't grabbing my attention, but then there would be nothing left to read. I think, if I have time later, I will revisit the first 2 installments and see if I can get more into the story. Another option is to just wait until all the installments are out and then read it.
Jessica ♡~ Book&Coffee Lover ~♡
OOhh!! This book is soooooooooooooooo GOOD!
But I must say the end of chapter six is killing me.. lol, aaah the frustration.
Next week can't be here soon enough for part 4!!

I love you Ian, Yes I do.. lol
I would have made the very same decission as Franscesca made ;)
Gabriela
May 22, 2015 Gabriela rated it really liked it
Let the good stuff begin! It finally got super steamy and amazing... Im actually feeling the characters , they are not stiff anymore , i like the way is written , much better and more entertaining to read , more back story and more action.
Catherine
Nov 26, 2012 Catherine rated it liked it
Books are too short for me to feel right grading individually so this grade is for the overall series.

Thanks to my friend for gifting me with this serial. I was too cheap and grumpy about the length v. price to ever pay for it myself!
Autumn
Aug 14, 2012 Autumn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so love Tuesdays now...
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com
Nov 14, 2012 Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I was extremely hesitant to pick up this series by Beth Kery because I wasn't a big fan at all of her previous book I read, Wicked Burn.

Needless-to-say I ventured into it with wary hesitation. I was at first relieved that each book was a sort of short story that continues into the next. This was good when I discovered this because I realized that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel like I had wasted to much of my time.

Well… I worked through the first one and before I realized it, it was finishe
Blanca
Oct 12, 2015 Blanca rated it it was amazing
Wow and OMG. This book is just so erotic that it should top the charts. The first novella Because you Tempt Me was very slow going. I now really do understand the need to set up the plot and introduce the characters. It takes time. So the first novella was not that great but I still gave it 4 stars because the first erotic scene was just so hot. The couple Francesca Arno and Ian Noble are fencing and he being the expert that he is playfully slips his blade under the strap to her tank top and ...more
Aseel
Jul 08, 2014 Aseel rated it it was amazing

so first she feels...
"How could she be so furious at a man and still want him so much it was like some kind of biological mandate, like breathing?"

so that so ...you know okay ..but then
"Her heart now threatened to burst out of her rib cage, as if it were on the front line of the war that raged inside her."

which is accepted ...then she comes accepting all her offers with no negotiations
though he did broke her ...how she trust him blindly like that or its more about desire

but again she put it dow
Lily
Dec 09, 2012 Lily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Because You Are Mine Part III: Because You Haunt Me" by Beth Kery is the 3rd part of a novella that's been divided into 8 parts.
In part 3, Ian knows just how innocent Francesca is (maybe too innocent for someone like him) and finds himself struggling with whether or not to pursue her. He knows it's best just to let her go. For good. But at the same time he can't stop thinking about her. He must have her...possess her...completely and at all costs.
After that night at Ian's penthouse, Francesca a
Shelly
May 14, 2013 Shelly rated it did not like it
Well I finally finished this last night. I lost interest the day I started it & it kind of got forgotten I really couldn't be bothered with it because there was just this little bit that really rubbed me up the wrong way. I do enjoy stories where the man is rather dominant but I'm not a huge fan of weak women. I know that's the type of story this is (and she did agree to it all beforehand) and I knew that before but I was really into this after the first two parts and then he pretty much tel ...more
Robyn
Dec 05, 2012 Robyn rated it really liked it
Why is it in these erotic romances that the heroine always knows so much about classical music, and can pick out the exact composer and the exact piece which is playing. And why does the male always LISTEN to classical music?? why not rock or dance or metal? It just makes all the stories so SIMILAR and unbelievable. As much as I am enjoying the story, the music taste and the young heroine knowing so much about classical music makes me a little bit nauseous.

" Classical music resounded sedately f
Mariana Bezerra
Sep 28, 2012 Mariana Bezerra rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

Read this review on my blog! --> Book Travels

This book shared more inside for Ian, how he shut himself from everyone and he’s simple pleasures. He truly is a very interesting character, especially when we got to understand better what he suffered on the previous chapters.

Now he took Francesca to Paris with him, because he can’t stay away from her and even while working he still find time to show her beauty and art. I loved how romantic he is the museum, even if he don’t know.

I’m liking this b
Laura Elizabeth
Dec 26, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Okay, I had these listed as on my kindle, but truth is, they were on my friend’s kindle, and one day at work mine died, and she was kind enough to allow me to hijack hers.
Well, I found this little read, which made me think I could finish it within a few hours. First, let me say it was a struggle to finish at all- the story is short, yes, but so much so, that you can’t really get to know the characters, and I just didn’t think it was relatable.
Not to mention that its like $1.99 … for what, I as
Marie
Sep 16, 2015 Marie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, owned
A very good, heartfelt story though the ending was a little anti-climatic. With that aside I enjoyed the growth of Ian and Francesca. However, I will never purchase another serial from this author, I do not care for the fact the same promo for Wicked Burn took up the last 25% of all either chapters of the serial. If a promo was necessary to insert, then different ones should have been inserted into each section, it is not as if readers are only going to purchase and read individual sections of t
Shelly LeCompt
Aug 14, 2012 Shelly LeCompt rated it really liked it
Liking the third part more than part II. I think my ups & downs are due to the story being told in pieces. So hopefully, as the story progresses & I become more familiar with the characters, it will keep getting easier to read this book in increments. Part III is moving back up on the star scale for me, easily a 4 star read. Also, a nice little sexy scene to end with...shame, shame Ms Kery for teasing us like that. Can't wait for Part IV.
Heather
Dec 08, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Sandy
Nov 02, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
BECAUSE YOU HAUNT ME is the third instalment in Beth Kery's BECAUSE YOU ARE MINE serial novellas. Although I read this series in the original serial format, the entire 8 part series has been released as a single book.

Once again, Beth Kery furthers the relationship between Ian and Francesca but in doing so deepens the mystery behind the demon's that control Ian throughout his daily life. Francesca knows that to love the man she must accept the beast within.

Debbie
Aug 15, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
I really shouldn't be spending $1.99 for each installment but this sh*t is addicting like crack. Crack I tell ya! Ian Noble you impressed me with that custom made paddle with mink fur in the previous installment. Now you're showing off you toys like a freaking airline jet as a private plane. With?!?! You really made that much off social media? I should google to see if Mark Zuckerberg has his own 747.

Review to come
Myndi
Sep 25, 2012 Myndi rated it liked it
From what I can tell, this is just a novel broken up into 2 chapter segments. Honestly, I would have preferred to just read the whole novel instead of having it broken up.
The third installment kept up with the intensity and speed of the developing relationship. It's also still reading quite a bit like the Fifty Shades books at this point, although Ian doesn't seem to be as "messed up" a character as Christian.
J.E.
Sep 02, 2012 J.E. rated it really liked it
I like this series but i have no idea why I"m paying a $1/chapter. This should be outlawed, despite the fact that I'm now invested and must go on. But I will not do this again, just in case there are other authors out there thinkng this method of publishing is to be repeated. Leaves a real bad taste in the readers mouth, and thus I won't comment on the story at this point. You got my money and that's all you're getting.
SaturNalia
Ian can't stay away from Franchesca, and Franchesca wants what Ian is offering. The more I read the more it reminds me of 50 Shades of Gray and Gabriel's Inferno, but so much better. The female lead is sexually innocent and drawn to the male lead. To me Franchesca is not as stupid and easily intimidated as the other female leads. And the sex is much hotter.
  • Anything He Wants 5: The Betrayal (Dominated by the Billionaire, #5)
  • At His Word ( The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #6)
  • His Every Move (For His Pleasure, #9)
  • Craving (Curio, #3)
  • Precious Lace (Lace, #4)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...

Because You Are Mine (4 books)
  • Because You Are Mine: The Complete Novel (Because You Are Mine, #1)
  • When I'm with You (Because You Are Mine, #2)
  • Because We Belong (Because You Are Mine, #3)
  • Since I Saw You (Because You Are Mine, #4)