Start by marking “The Happy Housewife” as Want to Read:
The Happy Housewife

The Happy Housewife

2.97 of 5 stars 2.97  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Samantha ‘Sam’ Sherman is a thirty something stay-at-home Mom without any problems. She loves her smart husband, her sweet daughter, and her career choice. One day, in the process of helping a friend, she is drawn into the investigation of two murders. Suddenly, her steady world begins to sway. Insecurities from years ago return, her husband is annoyed at her involvement i ...more
ebook, Kobo/iBookstore
Published February 12th 2012 by Smashwords Edition (first published February 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Happy Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Happy Housewife

Pamela
This is a really nice story that initiates with two teenagers as the main characters and one can think it's a story about teenagers’ life and common activities, when suddenly everything changes, a fatal accident happens and you as a reader don't know what is going to happen with the story. That condition makes me doubt about the story and I only wanted to read a little bit more just to know what happen to the teenagers. Then is when the real story starts to untangle.

I must say that sometimes I f
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
A former Coast Guard helicopter pilot turned housewife, a murder, an explosion, and two groups named ALF and ELF greet the reader of A HAPPY HOUSEWIFE by Kate Cooch.

Sam Sherman was now a stay-at-home mom who was great at helping others. Sam became involved with Helen since she needed help after she had hip surgery. The involvement with Helen seemed innocent, but it turns out that Helen had some friends that were quite deadly.

The book centers around Sam and Helen with Sam silently being taken adv
Tuesday
Find more of my book reviews here: www.ravenous-reader-book-reviews.blogspot.com

I needed a good caper and a quick page turner (okay, button masher since I read this on Vinny, the Kindle) recently, and Kate Cooch's, The Happy Housewife did just the trick for me.

I spent a couple of years doing duty as a housewife, and it was a lot of fun, though not as much fun as Sam had in the book. No, my time as a happy housewife paled in comparison, though the neighborhood we lived in at the time had some
David Brown
Sam Sherman is a former Coast Guard helicopter pilot turned housewife with a loving husband, Doug, and beautiful daughter, Lindsey. Her life in the suburbs is not perfect but it is happy enough. However, Sam’s tranquil existence is disrupted by two murders – one being a teenager, Evelyn, with another teenager in a coma following an explosion. Another man, Dan, is also killed at the home of an elderly neighbour, Helen Thomas.

Sam is understandably shocked about the incident with the two teenagers
Misty Baker
Until about a year ago, I worked full-time. Housewife (though I cooked and cleaned for my family at the end of each business day) was not a word on my radar. I was not a housewife. I was an independent woman with an income, and a commute. Then I quit my job. The next thing I knew I was researching recipes on Pinterest and blackmailed into being a part of the PTA.

This is when I realized “Housewives” are a particular breed of creature with a particular set of skills that I do not possess. They mak
Jyoti
A former Coast Guard officer to a housewife, Sam's life changed completely. Not much of adventure but it was good. Suddenly there were two murders and Sam somehow got involved because of her curious nature. And then she did some brilliant job to help police found out the murderer.

Good story but little too much of history about communism in between which I found quite slow. Apart from that I enjoyed reading this adventure of a house wife.
Vicki
I read a lot of white knuckle, look over your shoulder kind of mystery/thrillers. But sometimes I just want to read one that is a little tamer. One that has twists and turns and keeps you guessing who did it, but just on a calmer scale. This is that kind of book.

The author did a good job of introducing a few characters who had personalities that I haven’t really seen before, and they are all very different from each other. That made the book very interesting to me.

I loved the story line, and the
Marilyn
G

the way that teachers are able to influence children to be involved in criminal things.the teachers who were involved in comuision are very bad for our children.
donna burke
Interesting!

very easy read, read this in one sitting, it kept you wanting to read on to find out what happens
Dreamer
Dreamer marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Lynne Craddock
Lynne Craddock marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Nicole Christine-Randall
Nicole Christine-Randall marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Elizabeth Young
Elizabeth Young marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Angi
Angi added it
Mar 11, 2015
Sharon Brockway
Sharon Brockway marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Melissa M. Miller
Melissa M. Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Silvia
Silvia marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Jayne Capps
Jayne Capps marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kate was born and raised in Fairfax, Virginia and graduated from the University of Virginia. She joined the US Coast Guard after graduation and went to Hawaii to serve on the Cutter Jarvis. From there she went to US Naval Flight School in Pensacola, Florida and then was stationed at Air Station Los Angeles where she flew the HH65 Dolphin helicopter.

During her time in Los Angeles she started writi
More about Kate Cooch...
Was She or Wasn't She? Antonia Ford: Polite Southern Lady or J.E.B. Stuart's Spy? Was She or Wasn't She? Antonia Ford Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: Did the Continental Army Try and Stage a Coup After the Revoluntionary War? A Kentucky Cuckoo's Egg: The Clay-Randolph Duel of 1826