Start by marking “Deceiving Her Boss” as Want to Read:
Deceiving Her Boss

Deceiving Her Boss

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  670 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
All Allie Mitchell wanted was a chance to work for Sean Greyson, a legend in the business world. But his last three assistants were young, attractive, and blatantly looking for a promotion from assistant to wife, and Greyson has no desire to repeat the pattern with his next hire. When Allie's friend in the company's HR department encourages her to apply for the position bu ...more
Published (first published June 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Deceiving Her Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deceiving Her Boss

Marsha
Aug 12, 2013 Marsha rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a short, entertaining, sexy but fun read "Deceiving Her Boss" is the book for you. Can you imagine a prominent, good looking, sexy businessman who is constantly having to fire his assistants because they are constantly trying to lure him down the aisle. Well, his name is Sean Greyson and he had decided that this time he wants a matronly assistant who can keep her eye on business only.

Allie Mitchell has always wanted to work for Mr. Greyson because he is intelligent, succes
Nicole
Jan 27, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
I only made it a quarter of The way thru.. This is going in to my 'started but couldn't finish' pile. It is beyond cheesy.. It's not well written.. The characters have no depth.. I only gave it 2 stars because I thought the premise had potential to be an interesting story. Don't bother.
Katie
Spoils Alert!!

I really liked this book up until Sean coerced Allie into marrying him, telling her she owes him because she deceived him about her appearance. First off, he has no right to judge her based on how she dresses. If she wants to dress unattractively, that's her choice. Second, he has no right to threaten to fire her just because she has a sexy body. SO WHAT?!?! So she's attractive, and she hid it. That's her flippin business. The is no reason for him to be angry about it. I also hate
Stacey
Oct 20, 2013 Stacey rated it liked it
I loved the start of the book and most of the middle... But the ending was quite rubbish. It lacked depth. The scene where Allie caught Sean kissing another women could have been soo good if the author had elaborated on it more. There also would have been more drama if she had just left instead of saying the responsible thing to do would be to tell him that she was leaving.

I thought the whole marriage plot just came out of no where. The fact that Allie agreed to marriage was beyond me. I though
Parandoush
Jan 22, 2016 Parandoush rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good lighthearted romance story.
Goddess Of Blah
Mar 19, 2015 Goddess Of Blah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF 35% - tedious. This would have been better if Allie was a junior Analyst than an Assistant.
description
Not sure why the author hates women so much but it relies on clichés such as beautiful women not eating but "pushing food on a plate", or beautiful assistants' hoping to seduce the boss, or women not managing to make it far in the Corporate world as CEOs or even Executives. I thought that sort of sexist thing was all over.
description
Not all women who work in the Corporate world are assistants. Some of us do more
Sincere
Feb 02, 2013 Sincere rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I quite impress in Allie,heroine of this book.
She have her own way of thinking and stick to it.

With Sean ,when He tells Allie that he has interest in her
even when Allie is in her not-quite-impressive look. But he never really show sign of it
until he sees her real self (beautiful , sexy and charm in everyway)
he left me with doubt that he really into her because ?

anyway , this book is quite enjoyable to read : )
Tia
Sep 21, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
The novel was cocky and sweet. It had this amazing blend of balance that walked a very thin line. I actually loved the heroines morals and values. She was a stand up character, right until the end. The hero ticked me off at times but he got it together.. well... eventually! It was a great read.
JK
Jun 23, 2015 JK rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful

I really liked the last 2 books by this author that I read. But this one's an old-fashioned patriarchal bodice ripper disguised as a contemporary romance. I like alpha male stories every once in awhile, but this was just offensive, particularly given the progress that women have made in the workplace over the past 50 years. And the "premise" of her deception? Since when is dressing in a less attractive manner at work in order to be taken more seriously an unethical "deception" ?!?! Patheti
Me
Feb 02, 2015 Me rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindleunlimited
Fast paced action-packed romance...

Finding love at work is unavoidable no matter how much you battle it. Allie and Sean made sense together. What was hard to swallow was Sean's avoidance of commitment, in that it was contradictory to his family history and what he experienced growing up. If that could have been fleshed out better, this would have made for a more solid book.

Gicela Longo
May 11, 2016 Gicela Longo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and sweet

Liked the author's writing style. Story flowed nicely and the relationship developed naturally. Love scenes were written tastefully and without unnecessary explicit details. I enjoyed the book and would love to read more from this author.
Tammy
Jul 14, 2015 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good book but the ending was awful...it just stopped like in a middle of a thought. It was like the author got a call and just hit send without finishing the book, other than that it was a book I enjoyed very much. But just can not get over that ending.
Stephanie Tobe
Cute story

I thought this was a cute story but just not for me. But if you like a light read with that HEA this is your book.
Kristine
Nov 10, 2013 Kristine rated it liked it
Sean goes through assistants like people change their underwear apparently until Allie. She deceives him by disguising her beauty by stage make-up and wearing hideous old lady clothes from second hand stores. This doesn't keep the wonder from her boss, Sean Grayson. Once he discovers she is friends with his competition this adds fuel to his ever increasing fire for Allie.

I am not going to say how they get together. The parts I did not like was when he met up at a bar with another female, how he
Samantha Via
Jul 07, 2016 Samantha Via rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's cute in a vanilla kind of way.
Katrina Harris
Lovelly ;)
Denise
Jul 22, 2015 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: workplace
I was undecided whether to give this one 3 or 4 stars. While the plot was instantly grabbing at the start, there were several times throughout the book where it just became tedious. I had to argue myself into continuing it twice (I have a "meh" collection on my kindle reserved for books I never finish). It was, however, a very sweet story, and I'm glad I stuck it out to the end. I most likely won't ever revisit it for a second read-through though.
Melissa Locke
Nov 12, 2013 Melissa Locke rated it liked it
Samantha Soule
Mar 17, 2015 Samantha Soule rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Loved it, had me hooked almost immediately. Must find more like it! Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in this type of fantasy :-P
Renee
Jul 25, 2014 Renee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read

it was a cute story. Easy read. it wasn't the most in-depth story line, as typical with books like this...you know what's coming next. but it was still an enjoyable quick read.
RomanticatHeart
Jun 20, 2015 RomanticatHeart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Story

Just the right amount of hot steamy scenes. Loved the characters, especially Sean and Allie was a person we could relate to.
Sarah Flowers
Aug 31, 2014 Sarah Flowers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read!

Had a nice flow and kept me interested. Cute story with interesting characters. loved the ending of the book. enjoy!
Melissa Maxwell
Oct 23, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it really liked it
The book was good but lacking. There was many misnomers throughout the book. The love was there even though at times it does not feel that way.
⚓ Basil ⚓
Oct 06, 2014 ⚓ Basil ⚓ marked it as dnf-borrowed-or-returned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
DNF at 67%
Julz
Feb 07, 2013 Julz rated it really liked it
quick read a lot of build up. Just fell flat at the end for me, felt like there could have been more, But pretty good storyline.
Sofia Lazaridou
I didn't like the cover.It's the worst cover for a romance book.The story was good but in the end I say Thank God it's over.
Tracey
Nov 16, 2012 Tracey rated it liked it
An enjoyable quick romantic read with the prerequisite HEA. A good palette cleanser between meatier courses.
  • Her Pregnancy Surprise
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)
  • Her Baby, His Proposal
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Rich Man's Fake Fiancee (The Landis Brothers, #1)
  • Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • Sugar Plum Kisses
  • Ryan's Harbor (Woodland Village, #2)
  • Honeybone (Honeybone, #1)
  • Remy’s Painter (Werewolves of Manhattan, #2)
  • Sheikh Without a Heart
  • The Vampire's Assistant
  • The Marann
  • Pawsitively in Love
  • Firewall
I was born in upstate New York, and I've been weaving stories since I was a little girl. But my family was full of mathematicians and scientists, so admitting to a love for writing fiction (or romance!) would have made for some serious teasing around the dinner table every night. I can still recite the square root of pi from memory, and I understand the periodic table of elements, but I get my rea ...more
More about Elizabeth Powers...

“What? What are you talking about?” 0 likes