Start by marking “Tiger Lily” as Want to Read:
Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  15,602 Ratings  ·  3,336 Reviews
Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .

Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.

Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares
ebook, Nook Edition, 220 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Lily, please sign up.

Lizzy It's not for children that's for sure. I think Y/A so 14 and up. It deals with a lot of heavier topics that kids may not be able to comprehend yet.

Emily May
May 17, 2015 Emily May rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily May by: Crowinator
Edit 04/04/2013: I read this almost a year ago now and it still haunts me in the best possible way. So I just wanted to share this song with you because it reminds me of this book so much.

.............................................................................

"Sometimes I think that maybe we are just stories. Like we may as well just be words on a page, because we're only what we've done and what we are going to do."

Everything about the appearance and description of this book it seems is
Wendy Darling
I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS INTERPRETATION OF MY CHARACTER.

But character assassination aside, this was beautifully, intelligently written, and rather splendid in its savagery.
Chantal
Once in a while you read a book that is different from all the others. It hooks itself into your heart and doesn’t let you go until you turn the last page. And when it is done, you realize that it has left a gaping hole inside of you.

For me, Tiger Lily was that book. I knew how it would end, thought I was prepared, but somehow I still wasn’t.

This novel is beautiful, charming and tragic all at the same time. The story was utterly captivating and the writing style so lovely that I feel like the
Lola  Reviewer

I’m unsure if I should berate myself or noisily laugh out loud, but I forgot to pick my lunchbox when leaving the metro… and TIGER LILY was inside it as well as an elegant bookmark that I very much enjoyed looking at.

I don’t know if I’ll ever get it back.

And I also don’t know if I’ll ever finish this book, but I read half of it and the half that I read was beautiful. The relationship between Tiger Lily and Peter Pan is slightly cheesy, you could say, but I never thought Thinker Bell would be su
Julianna Helms
**Thank you, THANK YOU, HarperTeen, for giving me this ARC. <3**

Actual, full review: Original is here on my blog.(Note: due to copy-and-paste, formatting and links have been lost. Except for one of them that I manually linked.)

starred review.

I devoured this book the way a starved man engulfs food.

Tiger Lily has this addictive quality to it, kind of like a drug. It's beautiful and sad and terrible and heartbreaking; it's merciless and benign and desperate and raw. It's feral: words that spill
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Reread 07/17 : I really don't know why I did this to myself. Perhaps because it's beautiful? Sigh. So beautiful.

I've finished Tiger Lily 24 hours ago and spent the day reliving some parts and thinking about it, my heart fluttering and suddenly missing a beat when I let my mind drift into Neverland.

Here's is why.

The story is told in Tinker Bell's POV. Who's mute. Oh, and who can read your thoughts. I knew fairies were such dangerous creatures. Although some readers find it annoying, the rather d
Elena
Apr 11, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I CAN'T HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW

_____________________________

''This is a love story, but not like any you've heard.''

Yup. Tinker Bell didn't lie at all!
Going into this book I knew that it will be a tragic story. I was prepared. But somehow I still wasn't.

Tiger Lily is a Peter Pan retelling, which focuses on Tiger Lily's and Peter Pan's love story. Also, it is written from Tinker Bell's point of view.
I mean: HOW COOL IS THAT?!

I have to warn you guys, if you haven't read the book and you intend to
Krys
Mimi Valentine
"Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you've heard. The boy and girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn't win. In some places, there is something ultimately good about endings. In Neverland, that is not the case..." -Tinker Bell

I grew up loving Disney's version of Peter Pan, wishing I could move to Neverland and never grow old. But this book only makes me love it infinitely MORE!

This book is told, not from Tiger Lily's point of
Crowinator
**No spoilers for plot, though I've gone and discussed the tone of the ending, which might be considered a spoiler to some.**

"Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you've heard. The boy and the girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn't win. In some places, there is something ultimately good about endings. In Neverland, that is not the case."

This is the story of the thorny romance between Peter Pan and Tiger Lily, before and after t
Simona Bartolotta
4.5 -speaking about half stars, uh, Goodreads?

"For three days, she kept on studying the horizon, even speaking to it, as if a ship that had already disappeared could hear her."Choose me."
And Peter did choose."

This is the story of a girl with crow feathers in her hair and too greedy a heart to be content with just the shreds of a love that could have been. This is the story of a creature so fierce that someone who loved her exactly as she was said once that he would rather die than see her tamed,
Keertana
4.5/5 Stars

If you’ve ever wanted to visit Neverland, all you’d have to do is pick up a copy of Tiger Lily and immerse yourself in the rich world of pirates, natives, faeries, and the lost boys that Anderson has created so vividly. In many ways, reading Tiger Lily is much like being sprinkled with faerie dust yourself – magical, unbelievable, and emotionally touching. I’ll admit that I only picked up this novel because of its beautiful cover – honestly, how do you resist that? – but I found
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Before. This is the before. Before the infamous Wendy, there was Tiger Lily. This is her story.

3.5 stars. Expect the unexpected. This is not Peter Pan as you know it. This is Tiger Lily as seen through the eyes of Tinker Bell.

At first, I wasn't sure what to make of a story being told about one person while using the voice of another person (okay, little flying pixie bug thingamajig). It took me several chapters to warm up to the style of writing. I couldn't get past the fact that Tink was flyin
Hershey

What can I say about this book? I am staring at my laptop screen thinking of how to put the various jumbled thoughts of mine into comprehensible words.

Let me first tell you how I felt after reading Tiger Lily.
1) I wanted to go to Neverland.
2) I wanted to cuddle and treasure Tinker Bell.
3) I wanted to scream and cry and laugh at the s
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
“Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you’ve ever heard. The boy and the girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn’t win.”

description

My heart is literally aching for Tiger Lily. This story will surely hunt me forever. Never thought this book will bring me to tears but it did. This is just too much.. too much :(

Tiger Lily is beautifully written, heartbreaking and romantic all at the same time. Some say that this book lack of passion. I think I
NotoriousGOT
When I first saw Tiger Lily hidden among all the other Harper Teen galleys, I was like, "Oh what the shit is this? A retelling of Peter Pan? NOOO!!!". Then I picked it up and read the back summary and thought, "Nooo!!! It's a love triangle with Peter, Tiger Lily and Wendy? NOOOOOO!!!" Then I actually started reading the book and I realized "Holy $%@&! This is really amazing and not at all what I expected." And thus began my relationship with Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson.

This story, told
Liz Janet
May 03, 2016 Liz Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
This is not a love story, well it is, but not really, it is so much more.
A re-telling of Peter Pan, told from the perspective of Tinker Bell, but centered around Tiger Lily and Peter, as well as newcomer Wendy. Tiger Lily is now one of my favourite heroines, she is strong, willed, and unprepared in matters of the heart. It is a story of
Lara
Feb 29, 2016 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Before Neverland faded into myth, it was a remote and dangerous island filled with deadly mermaids, psychotic pirates, and watchful faeries. And before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair... Tiger Lily.

I would give all the stars in the galaxy to this book if it was possible.

Peter Pan has always been one of my all time favorite stories, and Tiger Lily has always been my favorite in it. This book just made me love Tiger Lily more. Tiger Lily is

Jean
Jun 02, 2013 Jean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a difficult book for me. I've been fascinated by Tiger Lily, as a character, since youth, and the idea of a book based from her point of view? Fantastic! But the book itself is a mixed bag. You know the expression, 'Too many chefs ruin the soup?' Too many ingredients can as well, as this book shows off too well.When you begin to realize that it's gimmick layered upon gimmick... Well, I came to terms with it, but that's when I started to see just what was bothering me about it. Don't get ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
5-pinched-my-heart-stars

This is my Tiger Lily:

description

“Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair”

Damn. I don't know how to do a review with this one.

This book is maddening, let me tell you. I didn't go to work just to finish this one. I can't stop reading, wondering what will happen to Tiger Lily and to all those characters.

TIGER LILY

"She was fierce, to be sure, but she had a girl's heart, after all..."

What to say about Tiger Lily? She has thi
Scarlet
2.5

Tiger Lily has all the elements of a good book. Lovely writing, fascinating characters, a place as wild and beautiful as Neverland, a tragic tale of first love. Yet, it lacks the one thing that is so crucial to making a book work, especially a love-story. It lacks passion.

This book was painfully lacklustre. It did not evoke any strong emotions in me. Even the parts that were supposed to be gut-wrenching barely made me bat an eyelid. I kept waiting for something to tug at my heart but the clos
Nafiza
I liked this in the way you like things that take your heart and twist it tightly. And painfully.

*clears throat* Here we go:

I don’t know if I’m ready to write a review of this book. Then again, I don’t know if I ever will so let me put on my big girl pants and get on with it.

The novel is narrated from Tinkerbell’s perspective and before I continue, I must point out a sticking point here. Tink says she has no language (by which I think she meant she can’t talk) but she is TALKING or rather narra
JustAnotherHannah
May 26, 2016 JustAnotherHannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

"Still, the longer I was around her, the more I could see the colors of her mind and the recesses of her heart. There was a beast in there. But there was also a girl who was afraid of being a beast, and who wondered if other people had beasts in their hearts, too. There was strength, and there was also just the determination to look strong. She guarded herself like a secret."

The story of Peter Pan and Tiger Lily told from Tinkerbell's perpective!? *gasps in excitement*

Unfortunately,
Faye, la Patata

I think it's safe to say this is one of the best retellings out there. Yes? Yes?

I can't sing this book praises enough. I haven't really read the Peter Pan books and have only watched a few of its cartoon episodes when I was younger, but I remembering shipping Wendy and Peter Pan so hard. I remember being attracted to Peter's charm and antics, and I've always felt a sense of adventure and fun during the good old days. But after reading Tiger Lily, it left my heart in a raw and broken state with
Giovanna
Apr 09, 2015 Giovanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

“A faerie heart is different from a human heart. Human hearts are elastic. They have room for all sorts of passions, and they can break and heal and love again and again. Faerie hearts are evolutionarily less sophisticated. They are small and hard, like tiny grains of sand. Our hearts are too small to love more than one person in a lifetime."

This hurt.
If you want to start this book I should probably warn you: don't trust it book with your heart. I did. I gave this book my little fragile hear
Victoria

“Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you've ever heard. The boy and the girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn't win.”

You know there are some books that you first took a glimpse of it and thought it was going to okay, but then when you delve into the story, it was better than what you expected and then overcame all your expectations? Tiger Lily was one of those kind of books that suprised me--in a very good way. Tiger Lily was j
Blythe
Guess who now owns a copy of this book?

Guess.

Keep guessing.

(view spoiler)
Misty
This. This sounds effing awesome.
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

This shall be the first book I've ever read in which I am unable to rate it. The reason is simply because I can't decide whether I love it to death, or hate it beyond reason.

Very brief description: A retelling of Peter Pan when before Peter falls for Wendy, he falls in love with Tiger Lily, the Indian girl with crow feathers in her hair. The story is told from the perspective of Tinker Bell, who is also in love with Peter but is loyal only to Tiger Lily.
It's completely different from the origi
Steysha Kravits
Sep 09, 2014 Steysha Kravits rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you’ve heard. The boy and the girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn’t win. In some places, there is something ultimately good about endings. In Neverland, that is not the case.

Oh, this book. I fell in love with it. Definitely one of my favorites. I don’t know how to write this review, how to express my love to this story, because it left me speechless. I don’t remember reading something lik
The Very Omnibus ...: April's BotM-Tiger Lily 2 4 Apr 02, 2016 02:30PM
Addicted to YA: Tiger Lily, Peter Pan, and Wendy 10 376 Oct 21, 2015 06:42PM
Crazy for Young A...: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson → Start Date: November 1st 2015 5 16 Sep 28, 2015 08:29AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Sep 20, 2015 02:34PM
Fairy Tales Eclectic: (Peter Pan) "Tiger Lily" April 2015 Group Read 43 37 Jun 21, 2015 02:19PM
So who did he choose? 2 76 Jun 18, 2015 06:11PM
Bookworm Bitches : February 2013: Tiger Lily 50 345 Jun 17, 2015 03:21PM
  • Monstrous Beauty
  • The Girl with Borrowed Wings
  • Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)
  • Of Beast and Beauty
  • Shadows on the Moon (The Moonlit Lands, #1)
  • Team Human
  • The Sweetest Spell
  • The Lost Girl
  • Vessel
  • Poison
  • Strands of Bronze and Gold
  • Sorrow's Knot
  • Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1)
  • The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1)
  • Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes, #1)
  • The Fairest of Them All
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • This is Not a Test (This is Not a Test #1)
I write books about vaguely magical peach orchards, resorts in the afterlife, enigmatic island princesses beloved by Tinkerbell, and...civics! I was an awkward and strange child who kept lots of secrets. Now I live with a sweet Basenji dog named Peanut who loves to eat shoes, and a sweet husband who is good at all the things I'm bad at, like being organized and thinking things through. I've loved ...more
More about Jodi Lynn Anderson...

“Did you know I always thought you were braver than me? Did you ever guess that that was why I was so afraid? It wasn't that I only loved some of you. But I wondered if you could ever love more than some of me.

I knew I'd miss you. But the surprising thing is, you never leave me. I never forget a thing. Every kind of love, it seems, is the only one. It doesn't happen twice. And I never expected that you could have a broken heart and love with it too, so much that it doesn't seem broken at all. I know young people look at me and think my youth seems so far away, but it's all around me, and you're all around me. Tiger Lily, do you think magic exists if it can be explained? I can explain why I loved you, I can explain the theory of evolution that tells me why mermaids live in Neverland and nowhere else. But it still feels magic.

The lost boys all stood at our wedding. Does it seem odd to you that they could have stood at a wedding that wasn't yours and mine? It does to me. and I'm sorry for it, and for a lot, and I also wouldn't change it.

It is so quiet here. Even with all the trains and the streets and the people. It's nothing like the jungle. The boys have grown. Everything has grown. Do you think you will ever grow? I hope not. I like to think that even if I change and fade away, some other people won't.

I like to think that one day after I die, at least one small particle of me - of all the particles that will spread everywhere - will float all the way to Neverland, and be part of a flower or something like that, like that poet said, the one that your Tik Tok loved. I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way things go after all - that all things end happy. Even for you and Tik Tok. and for you and me.

Always,
Your Peter

P.S. Please give my love to Tink. She was always such a funny little bug.”
653 likes
“Sometimes I think that maybe we are just stories. Like we may as well just be words on a page, because we're only what we've done and what we are going to do.” 626 likes