Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead (Dark Ones #10.4)

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead (Dark Ones #10.5)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  19 reviews
A delightful e-short story from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katie MacAlister, featuring the vampire hero of her novella "Shades of Gray," from the upcoming Pocket Books paranormal romance anthology The Undead in My Bed.

Ladies, be sure to catch our interview with the reclusive, oh-so-sexy Dark One Grayson Soucek, when he talks to our reporter about what...more
Published September 2012 by Pocket Star

Stephanie

Original Post at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust: Katie MacAlister Short Story Hits E-Shelves September 4

LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND UNDEAD
Katie MacAlister
Short Story E-Book
Pocket Star/Simon and Schuster
Sept. 4, 2012
Loaned by Publisher via Edelweiss reading service
No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions are my own unless otherwise noted.

I really enjoyed the first few books in this series. They were witty and sexy and fun; the heroes were hot and noble and some were tortured. The heroines were...more
Dianne
4.5 Stars

*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead – by Katie MacAlister

This is a very short story, one that was quite enjoyable if a little confusing to me. However, once you know that it is only meant to be an introduction to a novella it starts to make much more sense.

This story is meant to introduce us to Grayson before he meets his beloved (Noelle) in the novella from the book “The Undead Under My Bed “.

In this shorts story we will find out about a television show obviou...more
Lorca Damon
At first glance, this ebook is tragically short, almost to the point of being confusing. Upon reaching the last page, the reader starts to wonder if the digital file was somehow corrupted, cutting off the final ten to twenty chapters of the book.

But this new title from New York Times bestselling author Katie MacAlister is actually such a new concept in digital publishing, that is actually works well for the reader. MacAlister is another in a growing line of traditionally published and highly acc...more
Frishawn Rasheed
When I received this tasty little morsel for review from Simon and Schuster, I had no idea that it was on of many in an already established series. What I came to know however, is as follows.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead did just was it was meant to do. It gave me just enough of a peek at the character of Grayson Soucek, to make me want to know more of his story.
It also made me wonder why he didn't just bite that annoying little reporter when he had the chance.
Knowing that this is going to...more
Becka

This is basically a teaser trailer for Undead in my Bed, and, as that it does a good job. It is very short but priced accordingly. Once you've read the novella it is teasing for, you realize that it provides some fun background to that story. It is neat to see book publishers using technology to do the same thing film producers do.
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead was cute and very short (but I am spoiled by all of the freebies:) I am still a sucker for McAllister's Dark Ones - grumpy sexy cursed 'vampires' - so I am looking forward to the follow-on story in The Undead In My Bed - it has Aslin's (sp?) Guardian friend Noelle in the female lead spot.
Michelle Tempted By Books
This extremely short novella really is just a teaser for the "Shades of Gray" story in the Undead in My Bed Anthology. How about that a novella for a novella!??! Anyway nothing really happens other than an introduction to the key players in the Gray story. It was cute but not really worth the $.99 I paid, should have been a freebie.
Latte
It may have simply been an introduction to an upcoming character but nothing about this made me eager to read his story. Not really worth the time to either download or read.
Jess the Romanceaholic
I've got to stop reading "prequel short stories/novellas", seriously.

I'm interested in the series, but was left with a great big "Wait. That's it??" feeling. :-/
Pure Textuality
Review received as an ARC request from Pocket Star (imprint of Simon & Schuster). Review will be posted on the release date per the request of the publisher.
Sandy
I'm sorry, but I was completely bored by this book. I guess I didn't really understand the point of it? Didn't find it funny either.
Darkand
Wow was that short! Just a wee little "interview" ahem, with Dark One Grayson ~ with a quick run-on cameo of Nosty.
Lori
This is a short story and then Katie's contribution from the book The Undead in My Bed. I love her books!
Care
I thought it was cute short story. I think I am going to like Gray's book when I get a chance to read it.
Beauty's Punishment
I prefee the whole book to a short story, but it was good as usual, as are all of her books.
Ellen
Meh, I could continue on with the Dark Ones series without having read this perfectly well.
SassySami
This definitely does what it's suppose to, which is make me look forward to the next book!
Jennifer Scholl

Im annoyed it wasnt the actual book.
Ladawn
Ladawn marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Cathay Ericson
Cathay Ericson marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Shaida Ehlert
Shaida Ehlert marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
  • Heat Wave
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4)
  • Devious Magic (Stella Mayweather, #3)
  • Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo (Love at Stake, #14)
  • Wicked Memories (Castle of Dark Dreams, #7)
  • Demon Hunting in a Dive Bar (Demon Hunting, #3)
  • Undead and Underwater (Undead, #11.5)
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • The Accidental Genie (Accidentally Friends, #7)
  • Nice Girls Don’t Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring (Jane Jameson, #3.5)
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • Haunted Honeymoon (Casa Dracula, #4)
  • Real Vampires Know Hips Happen (Glory St. Clair, #9)
  • Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1)
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo...more
More about Katie MacAlister...
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #1) Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #2) Light My Fire (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #3) A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #4)