Start by marking “Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead (Dark Ones #10.4)” as Want to Read:
Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead (Dark Ones #10.4)

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead (Dark Ones #10.4)

A delightful e-short story from New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katie MacAlister, featuring the vampire hero of her novella "Shades of Gray," from the upcoming Pocket Books paranormal romance anthology The Undead in My Bed.

Ladies, be sure to catch our interview with the reclusive, oh-so-sexy Dark One Grayson Soucek, when he talks to our reporter about what
Published September 2012 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead

Deborah
Oct 04, 2015 Deborah rated it liked it
According to her website this book is listed last on the list but it should actually be listed before the book Undead in my Bed
Lorca Damon
Oct 27, 2012 Lorca Damon rated it really liked it
At first glance, this ebook is tragically short, almost to the point of being confusing. Upon reaching the last page, the reader starts to wonder if the digital file was somehow corrupted, cutting off the final ten to twenty chapters of the book.

But this new title from New York Times bestselling author Katie MacAlister is actually such a new concept in digital publishing, that is actually works well for the reader. MacAlister is another in a growing line of traditionally published and highly acc
Stephanie
Aug 24, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it

Original Post at Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust: Katie MacAlister Short Story Hits E-Shelves September 4

LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND UNDEAD
Katie MacAlister
Short Story E-Book
Pocket Star/Simon and Schuster
Sept. 4, 2012
Loaned by Publisher via Edelweiss reading service
No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions are my own unless otherwise noted.

I really enjoyed the first few books in this series. They were witty and sexy and fun; the heroes were hot and noble and some were tortured. The heroines were
Dianne
Aug 29, 2012 Dianne rated it really liked it
Shelves: galleys-arcs
4.5 Stars

*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead – by Katie MacAlister

This is a very short story, one that was quite enjoyable if a little confusing to me. However, once you know that it is only meant to be an introduction to a novella it starts to make much more sense.

This story is meant to introduce us to Grayson before he meets his beloved (Noelle) in the novella from the book “The Undead Under My Bed “.

In this shorts story we will find out about a television show obviou
Lisa Lenox
Feb 26, 2015 Lisa Lenox rated it liked it
Shelves: katie-macalister
Sadly, Katie's vampires have just...been exposed to the sun one time too many. I love Katie. Truly, madly, deeply. Her vamps got me through some seriously rough times sitting in Birmingham receiving experimental treatments for MS. I'll never forget the first one- I ran into a Wal Mart on the 90 minute drive to UAB and the title "Even Vampires Get The Blues" caught my eye, as did the whimsical cover. I laughed my way through a 4 hour IV infusion- the results of which even my specialist wouldn't ...more
Pure Textuality
Jun 11, 2014 Pure Textuality rated it it was ok
o this short story/novella was my first taste of reading Katie MacAlister and I think I am going to have to try something else. The concept of the book caught my eye because of the almost comedic feel to the idea. The problem is there is nothing funny about it. It tries to be funny but it just fails. It doesn’t have a good flow to it and what is an attempt at banter falls short of witty.

Even with this little hiccup, the idea is gold. I am not going to write off Katie MacAlister for this book. I
WTF Are You Reading?
Oct 10, 2012 WTF Are You Reading? rated it really liked it
When I received this tasty little morsel for review from Simon and Schuster, I had no idea that it was on of many in an already established series. What I came to know however, is as follows.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead did just was it was meant to do. It gave me just enough of a peek at the character of Grayson Soucek, to make me want to know more of his story.
It also made me wonder why he didn't just bite that annoying little reporter when he had the chance.
Knowing that this is going to
Becka
Nov 22, 2012 Becka rated it liked it

This is basically a teaser trailer for Undead in my Bed, and, as that it does a good job. It is very short but priced accordingly. Once you've read the novella it is teasing for, you realize that it provides some fun background to that story. It is neat to see book publishers using technology to do the same thing film producers do.
Melindeeloo
Sep 04, 2012 Melindeeloo rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Lifestyles of the Rich and Undead was cute and very short (but I am spoiled by all of the freebies:) I am still a sucker for McAllister's Dark Ones - grumpy sexy cursed 'vampires' - so I am looking forward to the follow-on story in The Undead In My Bed - it has Aslin's (sp?) Guardian friend Noelle in the female lead spot.
Michelle Tempted By Books
This extremely short novella really is just a teaser for the "Shades of Gray" story in the Undead in My Bed Anthology. How about that a novella for a novella!??! Anyway nothing really happens other than an introduction to the key players in the Gray story. It was cute but not really worth the $.99 I paid, should have been a freebie.
Pandora
Aug 02, 2015 Pandora rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Anthology with 3 really short stories

The first story Lifestyles of the rich and undead was a short story, but one that allowed the characters and story to develop. Katie's next story hardly had time to get off the ground.
Jess the Romanceaholic
I've got to stop reading "prequel short stories/novellas", seriously.

I'm interested in the series, but was left with a great big "Wait. That's it??" feeling. :-/
Lori
Apr 12, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
This is a short story and then Katie's contribution from the book The Undead in My Bed. I love her books!
Carrie at Paper Bindings
I thought it was cute short story. I think I am going to like Gray's book when I get a chance to read it.
Latte
Sep 12, 2012 Latte rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It may have simply been an introduction to an upcoming character but nothing about this made me eager to read his story. Not really worth the time to either download or read.
Darkand
Jan 03, 2013 Darkand rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine
Wow was that short! Just a wee little "interview" ahem, with Dark One Grayson ~ with a quick run-on cameo of Nosty.
Sandy
Jul 23, 2012 Sandy rated it did not like it
I'm sorry, but I was completely bored by this book. I guess I didn't really understand the point of it? Didn't find it funny either.
Tora
Tora rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Weezie
Weezie rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2016
Jennifer Hernandez
Jennifer Hernandez rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
May 10, 2013
Marykay
Marykay rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Sarah Eggleston
Sarah Eggleston rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2016
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Tdevany
Tdevany rated it did not like it
May 03, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Maureen E Risser
Maureen E Risser rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
K. Mortland
K. Mortland rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • Heat Wave
  • Real Vampires Know Hips Happen (Glory St. Clair, #9)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Entangled: An Unexpected Menage (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #2)
  • By Any Other Name
  • Wicked Whispers (Castle of Dark Dreams, #6)
  • The Accidental Genie (Accidentals, #7)
  • Bewitched, Bothered & Bevampyred 2: Fangs Again
  • Winged Sex (Breeds Short Story)
  • The Write Ingredients: Recipes from Your Favorite Authors
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4)
  • Nice Girls Don’t Sign a Lease Without a Wedding Ring (Jane Jameson, #3.5)
  • It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty ...more
More about Katie MacAlister...

Dark Ones (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones #1)
  • Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones #2)
  • Sex, Lies and Vampires (Dark Ones #3)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones #4)
  • The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires (Dark Ones #5)
  • Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones #6)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • In the Company of Vampires (Dark Ones #8)