Start by marking “Vidím to, co vrah (Děsivé splynutí, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vidím to, co vrah (Děsivé splynutí, #1)

Vidím to, co vrah (Slide #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  6,383 Ratings  ·  1,099 Reviews
Vee Bellová si je naprosto jistá, že sestřina kamarádka Sophie nespáchala sebevraždu. Byla zabita. Ona to ví, protože tam byla. Vee má narkolepsii, během záchvatů ale neupadá do spánku. Když omdlí, ocitá se v hlavě někoho jiného a prožívá život skrz jeho oči. Vklouzla například do hlavy své sestře, když podváděla při testu z matematiky, do učitelovy, který pil před začátke ...more
Published June 2012 by Fragment (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Vidím to, co vrah, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aspen Copper
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Emily May

3.5
Crikey. What a very difficult book to rate. I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

The thought at the forefront of my mind when I finished Slide is that this author should have written realistic fiction about relationships and the psychology of the characters, rather than a mystery. I truly thought that the explorations of Vee's relationships with her father, her dead mother, her sister, her friend and her ex best friend were excellent. I took something memorable away from each and fou
Reynje
Once my flatmate and I camped out in our lounge room and watched all three seasons of Veronica Mars back to back. We may or may not have also been eating Milo straight from a jumbo size tin with spoons and a bottle of milk, but that is beside the point people, beside the point!

What the actual point is, is that Slide has a similar addictive, easy-to-consume quality. As Veronica Mars, I mean, not Milo. (Although, one could argue it’s two sides of the same coin).

I can’t help but think that the VM
Giselle
Oct 19, 2011 Giselle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, arc
Slide is a refreshing, fast paced YA mystery that has original paranormal elements along with great character building; a very quick read that I would recommend to all fans of thrillers.

Vee is able to "slide" into someone else's head when she gets these fainting spells. This is when she figures out there's a murderer on the loose. I loved this sliding ability. It's original, clever, and it can make for some serious amusement. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't elaborated more thoroughly, t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Slide is one of those exciting books that you can (and probably will) read in one sitting, and then gladly re-read it a year or so later. It is a fast-paced thriller with a single paranormal element. I was honestly surprised by how quickly I finished it and how much I enjoyed it.

The idea of slipping into the minds of others is certainly not new or unexplored, but I liked Hathaway’s version of it. Vee’s ability can be defined as a form of psychometry – touching emotionally charged objects causes
Nomes
Oct 21, 2010 Nomes rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, crime, kindle
Slide is a refreshing, energetic YA debut for fans of Veronica Mars.

Sylvia (Vee) can slide into other people bodies, bearing witness to what they are doing, but having no sway over them. It’s pretty much a perfect premise for a sleuthing novel as Vee can sleuth her way around people minds (helping progress the plot forward with conveniently witnessed scenes).

I liked Vee from the first chapter. She is funky without being try-hard. I loved her narration:

She is my sister and my exact opposite in e
Temi Panayotova
Jan 30, 2016 Temi Panayotova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Книгата много ми хареса - малко ми напомня на една поредица, която Ибис издаваха по едно време, "Дарба" е поредицата.
Много ми хареса най-вече начина на писане на историята, тъй като аз съм малко капризна и не харесвам всеки стил - беше приятна за четене, има смислен сюжет с добри нарисувани герои. Чете се за няколко часа. Аз лично бях като пристрастена като я почнах не можах да се спра да чета, даже и започнах и 2рата част веднага след това и вече почти съм я прочела.
Препоръчвам!
Stanislav Lozanov
Книгата беше доста интересна. В началото си мислех, че няма да ми хареса, но грешах. Честно казано историята ми прилича малко на сериалът Писака, което ми допадна. Развива се досра бързо, което си е голям плюс. Прочетох книгата в рамките на 24 часа,което за мен си е рекорд (въпреки малкия й разме). Определено я препоръчвам на всеки, който си пада по леко криминални и заплетени истории.
Beth

I feel so conflicted about "Slide." On the whole, I felt that it was extremely intriguing and promising but ultimately disappointing.

It really pains me to put this book on my "mehhh" shelf, because I really thought that it could have been something special. But, despite some really good scenes and Hathaway's fluid writing, "Slide" felt like it was constantly stuck in mediocrity.

I actually get a stomachache writing that, because I so wanted to love "Slide"! It was so intriguing. Vee is a
Bèbè ✦ RANT  ✦
”Her inky-black hair frames her white face. Her arms lie helpless at her sides, a long slash in each wrist.
This isn’t happening.
That’s when I see what I’m holding in my gloved hands. A long, silver blade.
Oh. Shit.

photo e524b95a-b226-4604-8509-9d4f48f904a8_zps94713e1b.jpg

Vee was diagnosed with narcolepsy but it is so much more than that. If she touches an object that has an emotional imprint on it, she will “slide” into that person and will see the world from his eyes. She cannot control or hear person’s thoughts, she is there to watch. When the
Mimi Valentine
Wow! Slide defines what an awesome murder mystery novel should be like: twisting, original, somewhat creepy yet completely unexpected. I couldn't put this down until I was certain who the killer was, and in this rare case, it wasn't until the very end of the book!

Fast-paced and enticing, this is the kind of novel you should clear your schedule for because you won't be able to stop! Not only is this one of the most surprising mysteries I've read to date (and as a girl who dreams of being the nex
Isamlq
Dec 01, 2011 Isamlq rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
hmm..my usual complaints of predictability, of having unnecessary elements and of telling rather than showing apply to slide.

vee slides into others consciousness... intriguing at first but not as properly executed as i would have liked. the girl simply had a tendency to jump to conclusions; to be led around too easily, quickly. given a set of facts, she always went to the obvious. which is sadly, unbelievable because looking at the whole thing, i could tell who the real culprit was chapters befo
Lindsay Cummings
My Thoughts-
WOW. I loved this book. Love, love, loooooved this book. Do you hear me, Jill Hathaway? I freakin loved your book, woman! :) Here's why:

The writing....is lovely. It's done in a way that its easy on the eyes, and the reader is drawn in right from the start. The use of descriptive language is something that I always look for when reading a book, and this one....yes. Just....YES.

Love the cover. It's trippy, is it not? Just like the main character, Vee's "slides".

There is so much I wis
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

Sylvia isn't your normal high school girl. She's a narcoleptic, but not only does she have no control sleeping, she slides into a person when there's a strong imprint attached to an item. Kind of creepy if you think about it, but she has no control over it.

No one knows that she slides into people's lives, not even her best friend Rollins. Th
Daniel
Oct 03, 2012 Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Много увлекателна книга. За своите 224 страници, които на пръв поглед са нищожни на фона на други издания, "Чужди очи" казва много. Има всичко, което може да направи една книга бестселър: мистерия, криминален елемент, любов, паранормални събития, неочаквани обрати и разкрития! Препоръчвам!
Lazar
Dec 05, 2013 Lazar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
О божееее ! Не можах да заспя,докато не прочетох и последната дума.Краят....какъв беше този край :O Остави ме без думи просто ! Страхотна книга
Aeicha
THREE WORDS: Intriguing But Predictable

MY REVIEW: I’m a bit conflicted when it comes to Jill Hathaway’s novel Slide. There are things about this book that I really liked, and things that I either didn’t like or kind of disappointed me.

Everyone believes that Sylvia “Vee” Bell is narcoleptic, but she isn’t. Instead of falling asleep when she passes out, Vee slides into someone else, seeing the world through their perspective for a short time. The only person Vee has ever told about her sliding- he
Jon
Find this at Scott Reads It
***This review needs to be rewritten because it sounds extremely preposterous***
Slide was a good read, it wasn't great and it wasn't terrible. Slide is the story of Vee (Sylvia) who is diagnosed as a narcoleptic, but she really gets unconscious and slides into our people's bodies. She slide into a person's body just as they murdered her sister's best friend Sophie.

The whole idea of Sliding was very cool but it was very similar to [book:Wake|1661957. The pages flew
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
WHEEEE! I won this.

Will write a review of it once I read it.

Damn, that was REALLY fast delivery. I was totally not expecting it. IT'S SO PRETTY.

Upon Finishing

DANG. I...was wrong?!

Well, sort of.

Vee is a narcoleptic; she collapses at any time without being able to control it. But what everyone doesn't know, is that when Vee passes out, she slides into someone else's mind.
Whatever she had been touching last, a coat, a button, an earring, she goes into the mind of the person who had imprinted on
Sasha
Slide is a story about a pink haired girl named Vee. She’s just your regular teenager, except for the fact that she can “slide” into other people’s minds if she has something of theirs. Sometimes she can help it and sometimes she can’t. When her younger sister’s friend dies of a so-called suicide, Vee must put the puzzle pieces together to find Sophie’s killer.

This book wanted to be a thiller but it didn't meet the mark. It felt too formulated. The main character is a girl who is has traded in h
Heidi
Nov 18, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original review posted here.

...it’s wrong that death is a loss. It’s something you gain. Death is always there, whispering in your ear. It’s in the spaces between your fingers. In your memories. In everything you think and say and feel and wish. It’s always there.

Everyone knows Vee has a problem, they just don’t really know what it is. Diagnosed as narcoleptic, Vee passess out on an increasingly regular basis. What everyone doesn’t know, is that when she’s unconscious, she slides. Vee finds hers
Mike
This is another one of my rewritten reviews, because, like most reviews I wrote back in the day, this one sucked. Plus, this one deserves a glowing review, because it's one of the most accurate and honest portrayals of teenagers I've ever seen. (Especially when compared to the sequel. Let's just pretend that never happened.)

Vee is a very well-rendered protagonist. She makes stupid mistakes, she's a terrible friend to Rollins at times, but by golly is she interesting, and she manages to be sympat
(Source: Purchased on kindle from Amazon.co.uk for only 99p!)
16-year-old Sylvia (Vee), suffers from narcolepsy, or so everyone believes. Instead, when Vee loses consciousness it’s because she has ‘Slid’ into someone else’s mind and can see what they are doing. Unfortunately she can’t control what they are doing, or hear their thoughts though.

Vee has been coping with this problem by simply taking a lot of caffeine tablets, but the sliding is becoming more and more frequent. The only thing Vee can
Ferdy

Sylvia (Vee) has the ability to 'slide' into other people's minds, her abilities are triggered when she touches an object that holds some meaning to the person she 'slides' into. Vee has very little control over her powers and so she finds herself 'sliding' at inconvenient times, like when she is at school. Vee's family and friends believe she suffers from narcolepsy.
Vee inadvertently 'slides' into someone who is holding a bloody knife over her sister's best friend, Sophie. When Vee fin
Ashelynn
this review is also posted on Gypsy Book Reviews!

disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange of an honest review.

Slide has an interesting premise; I love that Vee is able to slide into other people’s bodies, and then when she slides into a killer’s body… dun dun dun. However, the execution behind the premise makes for a very predictable read.

I liked Vee as a character. Her voice pulled me in right away and hooked me. However, as I read, the book sort of fell apart.
Farah Jay
Feb 11, 2012 Farah Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I started reading SLIDE, I never expected to slide into a book full of a surprising and captivating storyline. SLIDE was definitely one of my most anticipated books of 2012, and I was so glad to get my hands on it. Jill Hathaway's writing was fun, and the flow of the book was good. I never felt bored, and always wanted to turn to the next page.
The main protagonist, Sylvia, known as Vee, has a special power. She slides into people when she passes out, and when she does, she see's the world thr
Veronica Morfi
Rating: 2/5

Slide was a bit disappointing for me. I started this expecting an amazing paranormal mystery, maybe a bit creepy too, but that is not what I got. In Slide, we get introduced to Vee, a girl that everytime she falls asleep she can slide inside someone else's mind and see through their eyes. And one day she slides inside a killer that just murdered her sister's best friend. Still, the police thinks it's a suicide and only Vee knows the truth.

Let me start by saying that I loved the idea b
Jillyn
Feb 29, 2012 Jillyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens, young adults
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Vee Bell is keeping a secret from everyone around her, out of fear that they will think that she's insane. Everyone has been told that she's narcoleptic, which excuses her random blackouts, but she knows that narcolepsy isn't her ailment. When she blacks out, she "slides"- goes into someone else's mind and sees the world from their eyes. It was random, at first, that she slid. But now, she's gaining control. It's because of this gift that she kn
Isa Lavinia
Slide I really, really hate giving 1 star reviews because I know authors work very hard on their books. So I wanted to like this but, seriously, how is this any different from Lisa McMann's Dream Catcher series?

Apart from the main character having a severe case of

and there being a lot of girl on girl hate and slut shaming, I mean?

Maybe you have to have been part of that specific cultural experience to relate to these characters, but man, I thought American high-schoolers were only this hatef
Aug 21, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Innovative and clever mystery about a teenage girl who can "slide" into other people's bodies and view life from their eyes, and how she uses this ability to solve a series of murders. Even in the midst of the thriller/terror aspects, the relationship the main character has with her sister was really poignant. I've never read anything quite like it and I hope it's the first of many! Great twists and turns, too.
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. young adult - girl with pink hair whose mom is dead? [s] 3 59 Sep 23, 2015 04:23PM
FYA Book Club of ...: January - Slide 12 10 Mar 05, 2015 05:03PM
FYA Book Club of ...: January 2015 Meeting 4 9 Feb 13, 2015 12:29PM
Any similar books -- regular world, character with 'special ability'? 5 14 Jul 02, 2014 03:40PM
Excited about book two? 7 29 Jul 20, 2013 03:16PM
  • Pretty Crooked (Pretty Crooked, #1)
  • Harbinger
  • When the Sea Is Rising Red (Hobverse #1)
  • Katana (Katana, #1)
  • Fracture (Fracture, #1)
  • Through to You
  • Shadows Cast By Stars
  • Struck (Struck, #1)
  • The Vanishing Game
  • Blood Born (Blood Prophecy, #1)
  • New Girl
  • Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles, #1)
  • Lies Beneath (Lies Beneath, #1)
  • The Nightmare Factory
  • Touched
  • All These Lives
  • Life is But a Dream
  • Auracle
Jill Hathaway lives in the Des Moines area with her husband and young children. Having earned her BA in English Education from the University of Northern Iowa and her MA in Literature from Iowa State University, she teaches high school English and dual credit courses for Des Moines Area Community College.

SLIDE, her debut, was released from Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins in March 2012. The sequel, IMP
More about Jill Hathaway...

Slide (2 books)