Start by marking “Vampirologija : Prava istina o Palim anđelima” as Want to Read:
Vampirologija : Prava istina o Palim anđelima

Vampirologija : Prava istina o Palim anđelima (Ology)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Upoznajte pravu istoriju vampira koji žive s nama od kad postoji svet. Toliko su nas nadmudrili da ih se čak i ne plašimo već ih smatramo fantastičnom fikcijom. Ali ovo nije fantazija ovo je priča koja treba da probudi ljude i ispriča im istinitu stranu sudbine odbačenih. Vampirologija je napisana pre više od sto godina ali je njen pisac nestao a ona završila u rukama zgod...more
Published 2010 by Mono & Manana

To ask other readers questions about Vampirologija , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampirologija

Arjun Thakrar (Excellent Reads)
To start off I want to say this is NOT for the faint hearted. Anyone who gets scared by horror or the original vampire, well this is not for. This is really creepy, but also totally awesome. Just beware because this could give you some serious night mares.

Just A Fact
------
Do Not Read
After Dark

I absolutely adored this book. It was so cool, with fake letter, and fake shards of a sword. It was pretty awesome. I love the tale of the three fallen ones. Pretty cool. I also love how seeing a vampir...more
Monster
Vampireology is a guide to vampires ostensibly written by Archibald Brooks, a Protector, or slayer of vampires. It covers a great deal of ground, from their biblical origins, to the passing of their curse, to powers, vulnerabilities, and even their historical animosity toward werewolves and the Protector. When Brooks is murdered, presumably by vampires, the guide goes to his successor, Joshua Kraik, a private detective, who adds his own personal notes. Every page of the book has foldouts of Krai...more
Timmy De Leon
I've learned so much about vampires after reading this book. From their beginning, the vampires in history, the powers of a vampire, methods of identifying a vampire, protecting yourself, how to destroy a vampire, and Dracula.

Let me share some of what I have learned:
1. Vampires were angels before who tried to defy God, their bodies fell from heaven and landed on earth. They were sometimes called a Fallen One. Those three angels were the Moloch, Ba'al, and Belial.
2. Some of the vampires in histor...more
Matti Karjalainen
Archer Brooksin "Vampyrologia : langenneiden todellinen historia" (Kirjalito, 2010) on ainakin näille nurkilla tietokirjapuolelle sijoitettu opus, joka sisältää tietopuolisen osuuden vampyyreista sekä sen rinnalla kulkevan, juoneltaan melko ohuen tarinan jonkin sortin vampyyritutkijan ja mystisen kreivittären kirjeenvaihdosta.

Kivan idean vesittää kuitenkin se valitettava tosiseikka, että "faktaosuus" on valtaosin kirjailijan itsensä sepittämää eikä sisällä sanottavasti mitään oikeaa tietoa vamp...more
Anna
Not the best of the ology series, but not the worst.

The illustrations were gorgeous and the layout of the book fantastic. The story was pretty good as well. But I thought the made-up history of vampires to be weak. It's never really clear how one is able to know a vampire by sight, and the three types are generally just confusing. Plus, it was rather silly to believe that characters such as Greek gods, Attila the Hun, and Montezuma II were actually vampires. The book just claimed they were witho...more
Drucilla
This one is more in the vein of Dragonology and Monsterology in that the majority of the information is made up. However, many historical figures and events are pulled within the book making for an extremely detailed and amazing book. It creates a mythology for vampires that incorporates all the different legends and explains why there are so many. The frame story does a good job of explaning the book and is good but the information itself is the draw here. If you are a fan of vampires, even if...more
Amanda
Another great addition to the Ology series!

Once you open the cover you can’t help but get lost in the beauty of this epic world of the undead. The creators put so much effort into making Vampireology, that I am stunned with how much there is to explore and discover (there are even a few hidden laughs in there). On top of the splendor, there is a fantastic story that absolutely captivates you.
Melanie Fair
It was a quick read; not quite as good as "Vampyre", but I digress. Since I'm already pretty firmly set in my own vampire styles, it was hard to read this objectively. It did have some interesting "facts" though, and I learned a couple of things...which is a big deal if you knew how much research I've done on them.
Rita
This book is one of my favorites among the 'ology' series. Like most of the ologies, along with the so-called 'facts', there is a story to go along with it. Both the 'facts' and the story were very interesting. I would like to recommend this to anyone who is interested in mythology or fantasy.
Jo
Presented as a journal left by a private detective, this book sets out to inform the reader of the danger of The Fallen Ones. I think I would've liked this more if I was a teenage girl who thought that sparkly vampires were, like, so totally rad.
Jessica Fure
My rating is based primarily on the art - I can't really judge the text well, as it's a children's book (I think I would have enjoyed it when I was in the suggested reading range, but who's to say now?) - however, the art is freaking brilliant.
Kim
Oct 05, 2012 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Shelves: fantasy, teens
A fun take on the vampire myth, as told by the "Protectors" or slayers.

I enjoyed this book, with its pop-up-like additions, the notes, the little pieces collected over the centuries and placed in the book. It was quite fun to read.
Katie
Very interesting take on vampires. I like the style and art.
I am reading the excerpts from the calendar and the little additional content is fun. Mostly it's great inspiration for writing about vampires.
Rebecca Johnson
Fun read! In the vein of Nick Bantock -- this fantasy is interactive. You open letters an play with this book. Really fun.
Queen B.
I picked this book and bought it because of the cover and lettering.
It looks like a scrapbook.
Very informative too.
Andrew
A really well written ology. I thoroughly enjoyed the historical references and the origin story. Great fun.
Michelle E. Kobus ♡ HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ♥
Saw this at the library; it's very pretty, has "real" press clippings and other such things. Worth owning.
Heather Rose
It's basically a pop-up book for adults... Content... eh... BUT IT'S A POP UP BOOK FOR ADULTS!! =)
Burn my Dread Kitty
So far I am amazed at the different perspectives how people percieve vampires to be.
Reika
i love it, it fascinates me how the author made this book feel real. :-)
Bri
this book was really great with a lot of different features and pop-outs!
Elsa
Fun!--the folklore is pretty accurate too.
Denise
Fun, scrapbook style, mystery story book.
Stefanie
Interesting. The format is fun.
Cura
Cura marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • Spyology
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • Unreported Murders (Trese, #2)
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know: Ten Principles for Total Emotional and Spiritual Fulfillment
  • The Poison Diaries
  • High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)
  • Encyclopedia of the Undead: A Field Guide to Creatures That Cannot Rest in Peace
  • Vampire Knight Official Fanbook
  • Family Portrait
  • Hit Squad (The Medusa Project, #6)
  • Urchin and the Rage Tide (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #5)
Beowulf: A Tale of Blood, Heat, and Ashes Dracula First Bondage Robin Hood Hucow 323 - The Human Cow: Maggie the Milked Maid 2