Start by marking “Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)

Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge #2)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  1,630 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Two Dead Men

In London’s fashionable Chelsea, a Halloween bash goes terribly wrong. Emmeline Wardle, daughter of a frozen foods baron, throws a party which results in the demise of two university schoolmates. Handsome golden boy Trevor Parsons is dead. So is pasty computer nerd Clive French. Both died on the Wardle estate within minutes of one another, and both died the sam
Paperback, 1st Edition, 200 pages
Published June 24th 2012 by Lyonnesse Books

To ask other readers questions about Blue Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Murder

Lea
Dec 01, 2012 Lea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
This is not a very good book on several levels.

First, the mystery part. While it's not quite the-butler-did-it simple, the story and the new characters are not fully developed. It is only 200 pages or so and it feels like the author had no ability to develop the mystery nor the people beyond a cardboard cutout.

Second, the romance part. The first book in the series had a good premise. A relationship mismatched on so many levels that their story could be taken to several different directions. The
Patricia
Dec 11, 2012 Patricia rated it really liked it
After the first book in this series (and my not very flattering review, I'm afraid), I tried the next one. Wow, what an improvement. I'm giving it 4* because Emma Jameson walked the walk - she found someone who can give her the Brit speak to make this more readable, the writing has improved dramatically and the story line, whilst a bit OTT, was still interesting and kept my interest. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Well done, Ms Jameson!
Diane
Aug 04, 2012 Diane rated it liked it
I found this book quite well written and a fast easy read. I won this book on Goodreads. I'm always interested in new authors of books and love a good mystery. This author was new to me and found that I enjoyed her writing. I'm glad I was given a chance to read her. I just had to finish this book and find out what happened. Miss Jameson kept me really interest in the story.

Her main character of Tony, Kate and Paul just seem to mix well together and with the other characters. I was able to get to
Joanne
Jul 03, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the return of Chief Superintendent Anthony Hetheridge, Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield, and Detective Sergeant Deepal Bhar I was transported to a present day London crime scene. Besides attempting to solve the two Halloween party ax murders before my favorite crime trio,I loved reading the details of the developing romance of Anthony and Kate.
Book 3 of the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series: "Something Blue" will be released January 2013...I can't wait to read it!
Lori
Jul 19, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winner-goodreads
I won this book on GoodReads.
A great read! I stayed up all night to finish it. I must confess, I have a weakness for British policemen, especially When they belong to the aristocracy. I will certainly find the first book in the series and look forward to the third one coming in the new year! I will recommend this book to my friends.
Ingela
CURRENTLY READING

Book #2 — Enjoyed listening to the first, #1-Ice Blue (3.6 stars), and then immediately started this second. — Reading by myself this time.

**********************************************(view spoiler)
Rebecca
Aug 12, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
loved this. A great mystery, which I did not figure out until the end. More wonderful banter between Tony, Kate, and Paul; what a great team they are. (view spoiler) ...more
Helena
Jul 26, 2012 Helena rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I received this book through a First Reads giveaway.

At first, I was a bit put off while reading this novel. I personally use only a small amount of slang, so I have enough problems understanding American slang. Trying to figure out British slang proved to be difficult for me, and I felt silly asking my husband what crisps are.

Eventually, I was able to follow the slang, and I'm so glad I worked through the confusion. I loved this mystery. This novel was very well written, with vividly built chara
Vicky
Jul 26, 2012 Vicky rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of Blue Murder by Emma Jamerson from Goodreads.com and LOVED it.

What happens when the privileged have secretes and lives to die for? Murder. A double murder to be precise. Now it’s the Met’s job to solve the case lead by Lord Hetheridge and his team.

Once engrossed in the book I found it hard to put down. The plot was well thought out with many twisted suspects and plenty of secrets to hide. The three main champions solving this murder were engaging and endearing. The dia
Allison
May 29, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
The lovely Ms. Jameson provided me with this copy for free, no strings attached.

This book focuses more on Kate’s and Paul’s backgrounds and what makes them tick. Of course the romance between Kate and Tony deepens as well. Paul’s mother is a delightful addition to the series that makes me smile every time. This time we get more time with the villain that was also present in the first book and learn how truly nasty he is as well. The character development is well done and interesting.

Once again t
Jack
Sep 14, 2012 Jack rated it liked it
The second book in a series. Lord Hetheridge is a rarity, a peer who also works for Scotland Yard as a detective. He's in the process of falling in love with, and (we presume) eventually marrying one of his subordinates. Together, they solve murders. It's not quite as Scooby-do-ish as it sounds.

The murder myster is pretty well laid-out, with enough red herrings to make it difficult. Hacking two college students to death at a Halloween party with identical axes is a good start to a murder investi
Rebecca Emin
Blue Murder has a little bit of everything. There are some spots of humour, some great 'wow' moments, but mostly this book has a fantastic storyline and characters, and is a gripping read.

The three main characters are interesting as individuals but I also enjoyed the way they exchange ideas with each other, and you can see their relationships developing as time goes on.

This author is a new discovery for me and I am keen to read the first book in the series now, so I can discover more about the c
Kirsten *Make Margaret Atwood Fiction Again!"
Finally, the second in this series! I waited and waited and it was all over in 24 hours! Now I am bereft as I have to wait until next January.

However, book 2 was very good. Once again, the murder squad is faced with another murder and "posh" suspects. The crime was well plotted and the characters are a lot of fun.

Can't wait for book 3.
Marsha
Jul 15, 2012 Marsha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This was a quick read for my Kindle. I was engaged without being puzzled by the plot. The characters are pleasingly diverse and it was a good book to read at night before bed - fairly brainless entertainment. Don't know if Emma Jameson has a third entry in the series, but I'd buy it to read on my Kindle.
Bridgid
Jul 22, 2012 Bridgid rated it it was amazing
An engaging follow-up to Blue Ice, this mystery is a true page turner and the personal stories are captivating. I really enjoy the developing relationship between Hetheridge and Kate. I'm looking forward to Something Blue in January 2013.
Susan
Mar 10, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
In Chelsea, London a Halloween party goes badly wrong when two young men are found dead. The deaths are investigated by Chief Superintendent Anthony Hetheridge, Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield, and Detective Sergeant Deepal Bhar.
Didn't really like any of the characters.
Alisa
Sep 30, 2012 Alisa rated it it was amazing
If you like cozy murder mysteries -- especially those involving coppers on "the other side of the pond" in England -- this second installment in the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series does not disappoint. Humor, romance, a good mystery. All a very satisfying read. Looking forward to book 3.
Tara West
Sep 30, 2012 Tara West rated it it was amazing
I just loved the interaction between Tony and Kate. Lots of nefarious characters in this murder mystery, enough that I was guessing who done it until the end. Bhar and his mother made me laugh out loud several times. My only complaint is that book three isn't available yet.
J Bussey
Sep 30, 2012 J Bussey rated it liked it
Short, need to read the first one to understand some of the character interactions. Too easy an answer to the mystery, author focused more on the characters than the plot.
Linda
Sep 16, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Good new series!
Darlene
Dec 23, 2012 Darlene rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this as much as the first one in this series. A fun read. I look forward to the next book in the series due out in February.
Melissainau
Dec 31, 2012 Melissainau rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one quite a bit, probably even more than the first. Hoping for a sequel.
 Olivermagnus
This is the second book in the Lord and Lady Hetheridge mystery series by Emma Jameson. It's part police procedural and part romance. The main characters are sixty year old Anthony Hetheridge, 9th Baron Wellgrave, and Chief Superintendent at New Scotland, and his investigators, Kate Wakefield and Detective Deepal (Paul) Bhar, who still lives with his mother, a successful author of romance books.

They are called out to a Halloween party where two of the guests have been killed with an ax. Sir Dunc
Sharon M. Turner
Great series......must read

Well, I'm reading out of order but this one was every bit as good as the first one I read. This group of people are perfectly suited to each other and the story. This story touches on a character that you will read about later on. This is a murder mystery that uses a unique weapon but you'll have to read it to discover what it is.
Monica Rathsack
Mar 08, 2017 Monica Rathsack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the Lord and Lady Hetheridge series. If you like British police procedurals with a little social class drama thrown in, you'll like this series. It's quick and fun reading.
Barbara Fusi
Mar 18, 2017 Barbara Fusi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

As good as book one. Can't wait wait to read book three. I suspect it will be even better. In fact I have downloaded it.
Ralph Boroughs
Mar 16, 2017 Ralph Boroughs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting story with interesting characters

The mystery is complex and unfolds gradually. I couldn't guess the ending. The characters seem real, all the principal characters had flaws and strengths.
Maureen Hetzel
Mar 04, 2017 Maureen Hetzel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many to consider as the culprit and an interesting mix to boot! Kate and Lord Hetheridge are again on the case!
Linda
Jul 02, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed this series. It is great to see the team together again. Tony, Kate and Paul always have fun interactions while they work to solve murders. They are very different from one another in terms of their backgrounds but have the same drive to solve crimes regardless of the obstacles. In this second book in the series, we get to spend more time meeting Kate's sister and Paul's mother and learn a great deal about Paul's past. It explains a lot of his behavior.

Kate is just coming
Nancy
Jul 02, 2015 Nancy added it
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Paperback edition of Blue Murder 3 16 Jul 18, 2012 05:17PM
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Wings of Equity
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Miss Dimple Disappears (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #1)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • Dandy Detects (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery #1.5)
  • Switch
  • Shepherd Avenue
  • Death of a Second Wife (Dotsy Lamb, #4)
  • The Lord of Twink's Bottom
  • Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)
  • The Ghost Pirate's Treasure: Mystery of the Jaguar Warrior (Paranormally Yours, #1)
  • The Caldwell Ghost (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #1)
  • Three More Nick Nowak Mysteries (Boystown #2)
  • Purpose
  • Last Diner Standing (Rose Strickland Mystery, #2)
  • Throw in the Trowel (A Flower Shop Mystery, #15)

Lord and Lady Hetheridge (4 books)
  • Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)

“Yes. Mind you, sociopaths experience many of the same needs we all do," Hetheridge continued. "They attend school, maintain jobs. I believe they can even love, in the way little children love—a combination of wanting and demanding. But sociopaths have no conscience, no innate sense of responsibility toward others. They cannot believe other people have separate lives beyond the sociopath's own needs and expectations. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy, though the more intelligent ones are frequently able to fake it. And that's the key.” 3 likes
“radio. As Hetheridge and Bhar moved closer, the constable angled his torch at the ground,” 0 likes