Start by marking “Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)

Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  665 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Two Dead Men

In London’s fashionable Chelsea, a Halloween bash goes terribly wrong. Emmeline Wardle, daughter of a frozen foods baron, throws a party which results in the demise of two university schoolmates. Handsome golden boy Trevor Parsons is dead. So is pasty computer nerd Clive French. Both died on the Wardle estate within minutes of one another, and both died the sam
Paperback, 1st Edition, 200 pages
Published June 24th 2012 by Lyonnesse Books

To ask other readers questions about Blue Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Murder

Diane
I found this book quite well written and a fast easy read. I won this book on Goodreads. I'm always interested in new authors of books and love a good mystery. This author was new to me and found that I enjoyed her writing. I'm glad I was given a chance to read her. I just had to finish this book and find out what happened. Miss Jameson kept me really interest in the story.

Her main character of Tony, Kate and Paul just seem to mix well together and with the other characters. I was able to get to
Joanne
With the return of Chief Superintendent Anthony Hetheridge, Detective Sergeant Kate Wakefield, and Detective Sergeant Deepal Bhar I was transported to a present day London crime scene. Besides attempting to solve the two Halloween party ax murders before my favorite crime trio,I loved reading the details of the developing romance of Anthony and Kate.
Book 3 of the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series: "Something Blue" will be released January 2013...I can't wait to read it!
Patricia
After the first book in this series (and my not very flattering review, I'm afraid), I tried the next one. Wow, what an improvement. I'm giving it 4* because Emma Jameson walked the walk - she found someone who can give her the Brit speak to make this more readable, the writing has improved dramatically and the story line, whilst a bit OTT, was still interesting and kept my interest. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Well done, Ms Jameson!
Lori
I won this book on GoodReads.
A great read! I stayed up all night to finish it. I must confess, I have a weakness for British policemen, especially When they belong to the aristocracy. I will certainly find the first book in the series and look forward to the third one coming in the new year! I will recommend this book to my friends.
Helena
I received this book through a First Reads giveaway.

At first, I was a bit put off while reading this novel. I personally use only a small amount of slang, so I have enough problems understanding American slang. Trying to figure out British slang proved to be difficult for me, and I felt silly asking my husband what crisps are.

Eventually, I was able to follow the slang, and I'm so glad I worked through the confusion. I loved this mystery. This novel was very well written, with vividly built chara
Lea
This is not a very good book on several levels.

First, the mystery part. While it's not quite the-butler-did-it simple, the story and the new characters are not fully developed. It is only 200 pages or so and it feels like the author had no ability to develop the mystery nor the people beyond a cardboard cutout.

Second, the romance part. The first book in the series had a good premise. A relationship mismatched on so many levels that their story could be taken to several different directions. The
Rebecca
loved this. A great mystery, which I did not figure out until the end. More wonderful banter between Tony, Kate, and Paul; what a great team they are. (view spoiler) ...more
Vicky
I received a free copy of Blue Murder by Emma Jamerson from Goodreads.com and LOVED it.

What happens when the privileged have secretes and lives to die for? Murder. A double murder to be precise. Now it’s the Met’s job to solve the case lead by Lord Hetheridge and his team.

Once engrossed in the book I found it hard to put down. The plot was well thought out with many twisted suspects and plenty of secrets to hide. The three main champions solving this murder were engaging and endearing. The dia
Allison
The lovely Ms. Jameson provided me with this copy for free, no strings attached.

This book focuses more on Kate’s and Paul’s backgrounds and what makes them tick. Of course the romance between Kate and Tony deepens as well. Paul’s mother is a delightful addition to the series that makes me smile every time. This time we get more time with the villain that was also present in the first book and learn how truly nasty he is as well. The character development is well done and interesting.

Once again t
Jack
The second book in a series. Lord Hetheridge is a rarity, a peer who also works for Scotland Yard as a detective. He's in the process of falling in love with, and (we presume) eventually marrying one of his subordinates. Together, they solve murders. It's not quite as Scooby-do-ish as it sounds.

The murder myster is pretty well laid-out, with enough red herrings to make it difficult. Hacking two college students to death at a Halloween party with identical axes is a good start to a murder investi
Rebecca Emin
Blue Murder has a little bit of everything. There are some spots of humour, some great 'wow' moments, but mostly this book has a fantastic storyline and characters, and is a gripping read.

The three main characters are interesting as individuals but I also enjoyed the way they exchange ideas with each other, and you can see their relationships developing as time goes on.

This author is a new discovery for me and I am keen to read the first book in the series now, so I can discover more about the c
Linda
I have really enjoyed this series. It is great to see the team together again. Tony, Kate and Paul always have fun interactions while they work to solve murders. They are very different from one another in terms of their backgrounds but have the same drive to solve crimes regardless of the obstacles. In this second book in the series, we get to spend more time meeting Kate's sister and Paul's mother and learn a great deal about Paul's past. It explains a lot of his behavior.

Kate is just coming
Nancy
Jul 02, 2015 Nancy added it
Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated"
Finally, the second in this series! I waited and waited and it was all over in 24 hours! Now I am bereft as I have to wait until next January.

However, book 2 was very good. Once again, the murder squad is faced with another murder and "posh" suspects. The crime was well plotted and the characters are a lot of fun.

Can't wait for book 3.
Marsha
This was a quick read for my Kindle. I was engaged without being puzzled by the plot. The characters are pleasingly diverse and it was a good book to read at night before bed - fairly brainless entertainment. Don't know if Emma Jameson has a third entry in the series, but I'd buy it to read on my Kindle.
Alisa
If you like cozy murder mysteries -- especially those involving coppers on "the other side of the pond" in England -- this second installment in the Lord & Lady Hetheridge series does not disappoint. Humor, romance, a good mystery. All a very satisfying read. Looking forward to book 3.
Tara West
I just loved the interaction between Tony and Kate. Lots of nefarious characters in this murder mystery, enough that I was guessing who done it until the end. Bhar and his mother made me laugh out loud several times. My only complaint is that book three isn't available yet.
Bridgid
An engaging follow-up to Blue Ice, this mystery is a true page turner and the personal stories are captivating. I really enjoy the developing relationship between Hetheridge and Kate. I'm looking forward to Something Blue in January 2013.
J Bussey
Short, need to read the first one to understand some of the character interactions. Too easy an answer to the mystery, author focused more on the characters than the plot.
Darlene
I enjoyed this as much as the first one in this series. A fun read. I look forward to the next book in the series due out in February.
Melissainau
Enjoyed this one quite a bit, probably even more than the first. Hoping for a sequel.
Linda
Good new series!
cheryl ann crenshaw
Tallyho

This time our story has a monster in the background. It is an added element that makes one wonder at a future story of its own. But this book had its share of action. I enjoyed it very much. The characters had a lot going on. This definitely moves a story along.

Betsy Brown
The characters in this book are many and not very likable, except for the three main detectives. Unfortunately, we learn more about Paul Bhar' s home life which includes his mother who I could do without. Let's hope the next book is better.
Sinecureseeker
This was a nice solid police procedural. It was recommended because I enjoy Charles Todd mysteries. I thought it was very much like Brock and Kolla mysteries by Barry Maitland. Enjoyed it and may read others in the series. This is number 2
Leanne
I guess the newness has rubbed off. My attention lagged in this one. The matching of Kate and Lord Hetheridge was a little far fetched to me. Still have one book to go in the trilogy set.
James Saunders
Blue Murder

It was a good story. Had a little too much romance for my tastes but it was well done. I would recommend it. I believe the book was well written.
Marti
Scotland Yard has to solve the deaths of two young men, killed with an ax each at a Halloween party. Lord Hetheridge is 60 but is in good enough shape to consider wooing his young colleague. It is over 600 pages long but very interesting.
Leslea
Feb 05, 2014 Leslea added it
Recommended for fans of Masterpiece Mystery on PBS, especially if you love Inspector Lewis as much as I do! Emma Jameson does NOT disappoint.
Mara
Jul 26, 2015 Mara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: crime
3 1/2

A bit heavy handed on the linguistic side, but I enjoyed it.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Paperback edition of Blue Murder 3 16 Jul 18, 2012 05:17PM
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Miss Dimple Disappears (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #1)
  • The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)
  • Wings of Equity
  • Portrait of a Dead Guy (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #1)
  • The Caldwell Ghost (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #1)
  • Stiffs and Swine (A Supper Club Mystery, #4)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • The Lord of Twink's Bottom
  • Purpose
  • Relief Valve (The Plumber's Mate #2)
  • No Trace (Brock & Kolla, #8)
  • Death of a Second Wife (Dotsy Lamb, #4)
  • Last Diner Standing (Rose Strickland Mystery, #2)
  • Seed No Evil (A Flower Shop Mystery, #14)
  • Switch

Lord and Lady Hetheridge (4 books)
  • Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)
Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1) Marriage Can Be Murder (Dr. Benjamin Bones Mysteries, #1) Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3) Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4) Deadly Trio: 3 English Mysteries: Ice Blue, Blue Murder, Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge Mystery Series)

“Yes. Mind you, sociopaths experience many of the same needs we all do," Hetheridge continued. "They attend school, maintain jobs. I believe they can even love, in the way little children love—a combination of wanting and demanding. But sociopaths have no conscience, no innate sense of responsibility toward others. They cannot believe other people have separate lives beyond the sociopath's own needs and expectations. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy, though the more intelligent ones are frequently able to fake it. And that's the key.” 0 likes
“radio. As Hetheridge and Bhar moved closer, the constable angled his torch at the ground,” 0 likes