The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Whether you like werewolves,zombies or the unknown creature,The Zombie Playground, A Creature Compilation ,is a fun collection of seven short s...more
Paperback, First Edition, 123 pages
Published July 10th 2012 (first published January 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

Zombicorns by John GreenThe Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupéryAlice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollBoy Meets Boy by David LevithanMidnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer
Short Books For Catching Up On Your Challenge
6th out of 176 books — 69 voters
World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
196th out of 1,172 books — 3,472 voters

More lists with this book...

Astrid Yrigollen
Jul 18, 2012 Astrid Yrigollen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror, fiction
Not for children, but you do meet some!Meet a child zombie in "The Zombie Playground" or discover a lucrative career during the zombie apocalypse in "The Zombie Eaters."Perhaps you just want to escape San Francisco being destroyed by monsters so large they can't see you.
Whether you like werewolves,zombies or the unknown creature,The Zombie Playground, A Creature Compilation ,is a fun collection of 7 short stories you'll want to add to your own creepy library.
Mara
I will read all sorts of short story compilations , each story from a different author. I love to read the different 'voices',themes and styles.I love zombie stories, I love love stories. So even though there was not much of description for this book I got the paper back and was glad I did.

This compilation stands out to me since it was done by one author. I really enjoyed how each story was told from a different perspective in a different setting.

My two favorites were 'The Zombie Eaters' about...more
Jill Marie Swanson
For my full review and info on the author visit my blog http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/

Astrid has put together a delightful yet somewhat dark collection of short stories. Each story is an interesting take on our world and the secret monsters that dwell within it. The author has a fresh writing style that keeps you engaged the entire time you are reading. This compilation offers the reader a chance to acknowledge the complexity behind every monster. Some monsters like the ones in her short story...more
Batpunch
As I have mentioned before I raid my brothers zombie book shelf on occasion. I can't say I really like survival type books where the other option is having your brains eaten but sometimes I do like to be scared,mildly.
The cute little Tim Burton like cover was what drew me in . While this book did not scare me like say the movie Dawn of the Dead did, Astrid Yrigollen does a good job at putting a meat fresh spin on rotting flesh and werewolves and monsters.
Wilhelml
Great little compilation. I enjoyed When Zombies Sleep a lot. I could really see myself in Skunkman's shoes. I also enjoyed the other stories a lot. Astrid seems to be able to create interesting new worlds like in Symer's Secret. I would recommend this for anyone that is 14 years old and up due to the mild violence in Raska. Great read!! I look forward to more from Astrid.
Kayla Eklund
3.5 stars. Review to come.
Storm-arashi
Storm-arashi marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Akd
Akd marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Shadowwolfgem
Shadowwolfgem marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Sayehzade
Sayehzade marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Shania
Shania marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jen Wang
Jen Wang marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Janiya
Janiya marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Hannah H.
Hannah H. marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jackylina Ketterman
Jackylina Ketterman marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Iliftbooks12
Iliftbooks12 marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
hunter elyse
hunter elyse marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Cathrina
Cathrina marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Regina Hunter
Regina Hunter marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Maisie
Maisie marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Ananya Roy
Ananya Roy marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Katbyrdie
Katbyrdie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
karen
karen added it
Oct 29, 2013
Angelique Lawliet
Angelique Lawliet marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Stephen Dymarcik
Stephen Dymarcik marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Striving to create clean,but interesting stories for Young Adults and the young at heart, California native , Astrid Yrigollen was born in the Bay area.She began writing in elementary school. After working in a funeral home during high school, she transferred her love of writing to story boarding video games that she created on her Mac Classic.

Programming,creating graphics and audio files, she was...more
More about Astrid Yrigollen...
His Black Wings The Mosswoods The Doughnut Tree What do fish do for fun? The Mysterious Pootkins