Start by marking “The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

Whether you like werewolves,zombies or the unknown creature,The Zombie Playground, A Creature Compilation ,is a fun collection of seven short s
Paperback, First Edition, 123 pages
Published July 10th 2012 (first published January 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Playground; A Creature Compilation

Astrid Yrigollen
Jul 18, 2012 Astrid Yrigollen added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror, fiction
Not for children, but you do meet some!Meet a child zombie in "The Zombie Playground" or discover a lucrative career during the zombie apocalypse in "The Zombie Eaters."Perhaps you just want to escape San Francisco being destroyed by monsters so large they can't see you.Or what to do when you are in Fresno and the Zombie horde comes a calling?
Whether you like werewolves,zombies or the unknown creature,The Zombie Playground, A Creature Compilation ,is a fun collection of 7 short stories you'll wa
Kayla Eklund
3.5 stars.

I have a slight obsession with anything and everything related to zombies. I especially love The Walking Dead, and T.W. Brown's Dead series. Even though I don't really care for short stories most of the time, I decided to give The Zombie Playground by Astrid Yrigollen a try. Every now and then, I will read a short story when I need a small break in between chapters of a longer book. I'm glad I picked up The Zombie Playground.

While I didn't enjoy all of the short stories, I did like t
Mara
Jul 23, 2012 Mara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I will read all sorts of short story compilations , each story from a different author. I love to read the different 'voices',themes and styles.I love zombie stories, I love love stories. So even though there was not much of description for this book I got the paper back and was glad I did.

This compilation stands out to me since it was done by one author. I really enjoyed how each story was told from a different perspective in a different setting.

My two favorites were 'The Zombie Eaters' about
Jill Swanson-Diaz
For my full review and info on the author visit my blog http://littlehyuts.blogspot.com/

Astrid has put together a delightful yet somewhat dark collection of short stories. Each story is an interesting take on our world and the secret monsters that dwell within it. The author has a fresh writing style that keeps you engaged the entire time you are reading. This compilation offers the reader a chance to acknowledge the complexity behind every monster. Some monsters like the ones in her short story
Batpunch
Sep 28, 2012 Batpunch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
As I have mentioned before I raid my brothers zombie book shelf on occasion. I can't say I really like survival type books where the other option is having your brains eaten but sometimes I do like to be scared,mildly.
The cute little Tim Burton like cover was what drew me in . While this book did not scare me like say the movie Dawn of the Dead did, Astrid Yrigollen does a good job at putting a meat fresh spin on rotting flesh and werewolves and monsters.
Wilhelml
Aug 31, 2012 Wilhelml rated it it was amazing
Great little compilation. I enjoyed When Zombies Sleep a lot. I could really see myself in Skunkman's shoes. I also enjoyed the other stories a lot. Astrid seems to be able to create interesting new worlds like in Symer's Secret. I would recommend this for anyone that is 14 years old and up due to the mild violence in Raska. Great read!! I look forward to more from Astrid.
Jonny Berg
Jonny Berg rated it did not like it
May 30, 2014
Joey DC
Joey DC rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2015
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Cankat Konur
Cankat Konur rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2013
LowoodLover
LowoodLover rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Darren
Darren rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Jasmine Serrano
Jasmine Serrano rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2013
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Malyssa Latta
Malyssa Latta marked it as to-read
Russ&Sara
Russ&Sara marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jm
Jm marked it as to-read
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Levina Goon
Levina Goon marked it as to-read
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Chrissie
Chrissie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2012
Vee41dmb
Vee41dmb marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Comatherapy
Comatherapy marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Carol Costley
Carol Costley marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
Edwina Caito
Edwina Caito marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Cindy Flores
Cindy Flores marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Katy Maffei
Katy Maffei marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2012
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Underneath
  • Borne (Fireborne Trilogy #1)
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Aliens Are Real, Part 1 (Energy, #1)
  • Holiday of the Dead
  • Amethyst Eyes
  • Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2)
  • A Zombie Apocalypse (A Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Justice (Deck of Lies, #1)
  • Within
  • Rise: Stories
  • Eldorado
  • Six Weeks to Yehidah
  • Josh Anvil and the Cypress Door (Josh Anvil, #1)
  • A Class Apart (Class Heroes, #1)
  • Haven 6 (A New Dawn, #3)
  • Origin of the Sphinx (The Sphinx, #0.5)
Striving to create clean,but interesting stories for Young Adults and the young at heart, California native , Astrid Yrigollen was born in the Bay area.She began writing in elementary school. During high school, she transferred her love of writing to story boarding video games that she created on her Mac Classic.

Programming,creating graphics and audio files, she was a one girl video game company.
More about Astrid Yrigollen...