Beguiling Bridget (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #2)

Beguiling Bridget (Waltzing with the Wallflower #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Driven to distraction by the redhead across the room, Anthony Benson barely hears the terms of his brother’s challenge before agreeing to them.

No matter. It will be easy. Viscount Maddox has never had any problem impressing the ladies. And four weeks is more than enough time to win over this so obviously neglected wallflower.

But things are never as easy as they seem.

The la...more
Published July 19th 2012 by Astraea Press (first published July 18th 2012)

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Lance Temptation by Brenda  MaxfieldA Bite's Tale by Veronica BladeSomething Witchy This Way Comes by Veronica Blade
Clean Reads
27th out of 268 books — 188 voters
The Devil Duke Takes a Bride by Rachel Van DykenThe Wolf's Pursuit by Rachel Van DykenTaming Wilde by Rachel Van DykenThe Seduction of Sebastion St. James by Rachel Van DykenWhispered Music by Rachel Van Dyken
Best Historical Romance Books
13th out of 71 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathy
2.5

I think I liked the first book, Waltzing with the Wallflower, a little bit more. Which is surprising since I liked Anothny's character quite a bit in the first book. He was so different in this book, I kind of missed the swauve rake. He instead has fallen in love which has the effect of turning him into someone who is quite clumsy and always putting his foot in his mouth. I liked Bridget okay, she's your typical regency "blue stocking" who has bigger dreams then becoming a wife. They do have...more
Lauren
Bridget was fun and had a strong sense of character making her intriguing as a woman during that time period. Her Bluestocking nature led her to be more independent and not just a husband hunter. Anthony’s character was more appealing in the first book with his rakish character whereas in this second book the issue of falling in love has left him awkward and clumsy to be around.

The plot as a whole needed a good summary edit. It was a little too drawn out and seemed stretched in places.

Note: I...more
Aspoon
This was another hilarious installment of the Waltzing with the wallflower series. I didn’t care too much for Bridget the heroine as I did the heroines in the other books. I looked so forward to reading Anthony’s story as I knew it would be a blast but oh no, Bridget the Bitch ruined it for me. It’s okay to have a feisty heroine but to an extent, you make her too feisty and standoffish then it becomes annoying and hard to believe that she would fall in love with him after a short time….IMO.

But I...more
Marie
Ambrose hat noch nicht vergessen, wie sein Bruder ihn zu der Wette überedet hat - obwohl er glücklich verheiratet ist. Also schlägt er dem unaufmerksamen Anthony eine Wette vor, die der nur mit halbem Ohr hört und natürlich einschlägt.
Er hat 4 Wochen Zeit Bridget für sich zu gewinnen. Generell kein Problem für unseren Herzensbrecher, aber ihm passieren die unglücklichsten Unfälle in der Gegenwart der Auserwählten und sie nimmt ihn alles andere als ernst.
Um die Wette zu gewinnen - denn Anthony ve...more
Alanna Mooney
Beguiling Bridget picks up where Waltzing With The Wallflower leaves off, with Ambrose having married Cordelia, and focuses on Ambrose’s twin brother Anthony. He finds himself on the receiving end of the same bet that led to Ambrose and Cordelia’s marriage: to make a woman of his brother’s choosing fall in love with him four weeks. Ambrose picks Lady Bridget, who is avoiding social interactions at all costs. Lady Bridget does her best to avoid Anthony’s advances, but as they are forced to spend...more
Arlena
Book Blog For: GMTA
Series # 2
Rating: 5

Review:

"Beguiling Bridget" was a second book in a series for these two authors which continues on from 'Waltzing with Wallflowers Regency Series.' I think you will get a little more out of this novel if you have read the first one where in this novel you will get a good entertaining and humorous feel of "Beguiling Bridget." We find that since Corde...more
Neha
Second book of the Wallflower series picks up precisely where the first one leaves off. Again, it wasn't a bad read to pass the time. I found the interactions between the two main characters to be amusing and cute. Their chemistry flowed rather nicely. I don't usually read romance, but I enjoyed this one. Much like the previous novella, it doesn't contain too much fluff or mush. There are no smut scenes. It was a quick, cute little read. I recommend it for any fans of the romance genre looking f...more
Emma L Smith
Pretty similar to the first one, but that's not a complaint.

I LOVE YOU RACHEL!!! You never disappoint me. Mwah!
Melissa
Beguiling Bridget begins where Waltzing With the Wallflower ends with Ambrose and Cordelia married. Anthony is distracted and doesn't realize that he agrees to a bet that may mean the death of him. Where he is charming, Bridget is a strong character and doesn't want anything to do with him. Until she falls for him. Another great book from Rachel Van Dyken. Can't wait for Taming Wilde.
Alex
I absolutely loved the character Bridget in this book, she was such a strong character, and it benefitted the book greatly. She had some definite spunk and attitude for someone in that era, and she had such a temper! She also was a huge women's rights promoter, and at the beginning was not willing to give her heart away to any dictating man. That changed when Anthony came along ;)
Aly
This time the main character Bridget is not like the other wallflower in the previous book. She is not shy but she stays by the wall mostly to not be bothered. She is not afraid to turn anyone down. I was happy that the hero was the other twin named Anthony. This is another nice quick book to read.
I give it 3*stars.
Donna
From the opening scene, the reader knows the games have just begun. It is a great sequel to Waltzing with the Wallflower. If you are looking for a humorous and entertaining book you have found it in Beguiling Bridget. For my full review go to More Than a Review.com
Kristen

Very fun, flirtatious, regency read. I just loved the banter between Bridget & Anthony. If it was a little bit cleaner, it would have been a 5 star for me.

Moral Note: A few "gosh's". Some talk of rakes& mistresses, and some very passionate kissing.
Lim
Witty conversations. There is certainly chemistry going on. However I found Anthony a bit too different when compared to the 1st book. Expected him to be more suave and less clumsy.
Tam B.
This was as fun a book as it's predecessor. I enjoyed Anthony's antics and misfortunes. I'm looking forward to reading about Wildes.

Nellie
Cute, clean, fun. I really liked the characters, and enjoyed the story. I like Van Dyken, and have read many of her books.
Rachel
a bit too much like the previous book in the series. And too many strawberries.
*MariaA*
****3.75****
A witty, humorous, clean, light short read..ENJOYED IT :)
Danise
Really need to find the 1st book in this series! Loved 2 & 3!
Sandy Wilbanks
Very fun quick read!
Ice
Ice marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Renu r  singh
Renu r singh marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Paige Schreckengast
Paige Schreckengast marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Laura Welke
Laura Welke marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sabrina Van Goethem
Sabrina Van Goethem marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Susan Miller
Susan Miller marked it as to-read
Ohnna Miller
Ohnna Miller marked it as to-read
  • The Bedeviled Bride
  • Midsummer Eve At Rookery End
  • Silent Revenge
  • Mr. Malcolm's List
  • A Lot Like A Lady (Lady, #1)
  • His Yankee Bride
  • To Catch A Spinster (The Reluctant Bride Collection, #1)
  • The Winter Wife: A Christmas Novella
  • A Waltz at Midnight
  • The Bride Sale
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion
  • The Earl's Untouched Bride
  • Meant To Be
  • The Trouble With Sin (Devilish Vignettes #2)
  • The Captain's Christmas Family (Glass Slipper Brides, #1)
  • Almost A Spinster
  • The Grand Opening (Dare Valley, #3)
  • Deceived
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances. When she's not writing you can find her drinking coffee at Starbucks and plotting her next book while watching The Bachelor.
She keeps her home in Idaho with her Husband and their snoring Boxer, Sir Winston Churchill. She loves to hear from readers! You can follow her...more
More about Rachel Van Dyken...
Ruin (Ruin, #1) The Bet (The Bet, #1) Tear (Seaside, #1) Elite (Eagle Elite, #1) The Wager (The Bet, #2)