Start by marking “Stamp of Fate” as Want to Read:
Stamp of Fate

Stamp of Fate

A dead body is never a welcome sight, but it's especially troublesome when Tadd Leventis and Declan Anagnos return home to find one in their foyer. Most people know the dead woman as a curator at the local museum, but Tadd and Declan recognize her as someone from their distant past--Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare. To Tadd and Declan, it's more th ...more
Published July 30th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stamp of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stamp of Fate

Lady*M
For a book about the murder in the Greek pantheon, Stamp of Fate is surprisingly bland.

You already know that I am a mystery fan, but ancient Greece, its literature and mythology also have a special place in my heart. When I read the blurb for this book, my inner geek stood up and applauded. Murder mystery? Check. Greek gods? Check. In a modern world? Check. Oh, the possibilities! Naturally, I was very excited to review it. The book, however, wasn't what I was hoping for.

On the surface, there isn
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
2 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Tadd (Ares) and Declan (Hermes) are living happy mortal lives when they discover Sofia (Athena) dead in their foyer, now they are commanded by Bront (Zeus) to discover who the murderer is. But investigating their fellow Gods and Goddesses is not easy, and the strain starts to show in their relationship as the death count mounts and their fellow Olympians cause problems.

This is a very interesting storyline o
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 20, 2012 Sarah-Jayne Briggs rated it it was amazing
(This review may contain spoilers).

Okay, so I love books that have mythology in them. And Greek mythology is among my favourite, probably because I grew up with it when I was much younger. I was always absolutely fascinated by the stories of the Greek gods and goddesses, though Apollo was my favourite. So on seeing this book as a giveaway, I decided I wanted it.

I found the idea very unique. I like mystery/thriller type books and I like fantasy and romance and Greek mythology. So this book hit a
Adara
Jul 13, 2012 Adara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually give this 3.5 stars. Maybe I would have given it more if I hadn't figured out who done it and why as early as I possibly could have figured it out. That and the present tense 3rd person POV felt weird to me the whole way through.

The basic plot is that someone is killing the mortal personas of Olympian Gods and Goddesses, and Bront (Zeus) charges Declan (Hermes) as his messenger and spy to figure it out. And Tadd (Ares) to go with him as a bodyguard and keep Declan safe.

Declan and Tadd
Jana Denardo
Sep 30, 2012 Jana Denardo rated it really liked it
Rachel
Jul 27, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
*2.5 stars rounded up

I was disappointed, when I read the blurb I was really excited. I mean how do you kill a god? Who would want to and why? I love murder mysteries and thought that was what I was getting. Unfortunately this fell very short of that. Not to mention trying to remember who was who as the gods went under different names since they live in the real world. I had to keep a list so I knew who had what name. This just wasn't for me.
Jessie Potts
It's an interesting book, and I"ll be looking for more from this author

Lasha
Aug 05, 2012 Lasha rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.
Andrea
Sep 05, 2013 Andrea rated it liked it
A very well written story that can be enjoyed, whether or not you care for mythology. I liked it but didn’t love it – no fault on the author’s part.
Samington
An insult to Pallas Athena.
Amanda Lynn
Amanda Lynn rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Alex S.
Alex S. rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2015
Alex Hahn
Alex Hahn rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2012
Meguet
Meguet rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
J
J rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2012
Madonna196
Madonna196 rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2012
Bluesimplicity
Bluesimplicity rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Icedave
Icedave rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Experiment BL626
Experiment BL626 rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Neil
Neil rated it it was ok
May 14, 2015
Barlind
Barlind rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Hellewise
Hellewise rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2014
Michael Kimber
Michael Kimber rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
La Fleur
La Fleur rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Mitya
Mitya rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2013
Crissy Morris
Crissy Morris rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Eerie
Eerie rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2012
Martina Hargrove
Martina Hargrove rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Lada
Lada rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2013
Dreamspinner Press: Stamp of Fate by Nessa L. Warin 1 10 Jul 30, 2012 09:52AM
Nessa L. Warin lives in southwestern Ohio with a cat who graciously allows her to pay all the bills and demands pampering on a regular basis. She enjoys wine tastings and travel, and can easily get lost in science fiction or fantasy stories. She's a true geek, enjoys costuming, and can be found dressed up at at least one Renaissance festival and fantasy convention each year. When she's not having ...more
More about Nessa L. Warin...