Start by marking “Stamp of Fate” as Want to Read:
Stamp of Fate

Stamp of Fate

2.83 of 5 stars 2.83  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A dead body is never a welcome sight, but it s especially troublesome when Tadd Leventis and Declan Anagnos return home to find one in their foyer. Most people know the dead woman as a curator at the local museum, but Tadd and Declan recognize her as someone from their distant past Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare. To Tadd and Declan, it's more tha ...more
Published July 30th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published July 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stamp of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stamp of Fate

Lady*M
For a book about the murder in the Greek pantheon, Stamp of Fate is surprisingly bland.

You already know that I am a mystery fan, but ancient Greece, its literature and mythology also have a special place in my heart. When I read the blurb for this book, my inner geek stood up and applauded. Murder mystery? Check. Greek gods? Check. In a modern world? Check. Oh, the possibilities! Naturally, I was very excited to review it. The book, however, wasn't what I was hoping for.

On the surface, there isn
Jana Denardo
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
2 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Tadd (Ares) and Declan (Hermes) are living happy mortal lives when they discover Sofia (Athena) dead in their foyer, now they are commanded by Bront (Zeus) to discover who the murderer is. But investigating their fellow Gods and Goddesses is not easy, and the strain starts to show in their relationship as the death count mounts and their fellow Olympians cause problems.

This is a very interesting storyline o
Sarah Briggs
(This review may contain spoilers).

Okay, so I love books that have mythology in them. And Greek mythology is among my favourite, probably because I grew up with it when I was much younger. I was always absolutely fascinated by the stories of the Greek gods and goddesses, though Apollo was my favourite. So on seeing this book as a giveaway, I decided I wanted it.

I found the idea very unique. I like mystery/thriller type books and I like fantasy and romance and Greek mythology. So this book hit a
Adara
I actually give this 3.5 stars. Maybe I would have given it more if I hadn't figured out who done it and why as early as I possibly could have figured it out. That and the present tense 3rd person POV felt weird to me the whole way through.

The basic plot is that someone is killing the mortal personas of Olympian Gods and Goddesses, and Bront (Zeus) charges Declan (Hermes) as his messenger and spy to figure it out. And Tadd (Ares) to go with him as a bodyguard and keep Declan safe.

Declan and Tadd
Rachel
*2.5 stars rounded up

I was disappointed, when I read the blurb I was really excited. I mean how do you kill a god? Who would want to and why? I love murder mysteries and thought that was what I was getting. Unfortunately this fell very short of that. Not to mention trying to remember who was who as the gods went under different names since they live in the real world. I had to keep a list so I knew who had what name. This just wasn't for me.
Jessie Potts
It's an interesting book, and I"ll be looking for more from this author

Andrea
A very well written story that can be enjoyed, whether or not you care for mythology. I liked it but didn’t love it – no fault on the author’s part.
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
A.J.
A.J. marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Vilda
Vilda added it
May 10, 2014
Saura Underscore
Saura Underscore marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Olivina
Olivina marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Mitya
Mitya added it
Oct 26, 2014
Tomma
Tomma marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Stamp of Fate by Nessa L. Warin 1 10 Jul 30, 2012 09:52AM
Nessa L. Warin lives in southwestern Ohio with a cat who graciously allows her to pay all the bills and demands pampering on a regular basis. She enjoys wine tastings and travel, and can easily get lost in science fiction or fantasy stories. She's a true geek, enjoys costuming, and can be found dressed up at at least one Renaissance festival and fantasy convention each year. When she's not having ...more
More about Nessa L. Warin...
Sauntering Vaguely Downward To Dream, Perchance To Live Syrah (All Corked Up, #1) Melts in Your Mouth Mergers and Acquisitions