Start by marking “Legacy (Night School, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legacy (Night School, #2)

Legacy (Night School #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  3,694 ratings  ·  419 reviews
In the last year, Allie's survived three arrests, two breakups and one family breakdown. The only bright point has been her new life at Cimmeria Academy. It's the one place she's felt she belongs. And the fact that it's brought dark-eyed Carter West into her life hasn't hurt either. But far from being a safe haven, the cloistered walls of Cimmeria are proving more dangerou ...more
Published January 3rd 2013 by Atom (first published November 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy, please sign up.

Undone by Cat ClarkeLegacy by C.J. DaughertyAcid by Emma PassDeadly to Love by Mia HoddellGeek Girl by Holly Smale
UK YA in 2013
2nd out of 165 books — 322 voters
Geek Girl by Holly SmaleModel Misfit by Holly SmaleNight School by C.J. DaughertyLegacy by C.J. DaughertyFracture by C.J. Daugherty
Author Allsorts: Children's & YA
4th out of 108 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
4.5 stars ... And wow!
It’s no secret that I didn’t much care for Night School. While I thought there was nothing wrong with it technically, it just didn’t leave much of an impression. But I’ve been known to change my mind before, and I’ve changed my mind this time. Everything C.J. Daugherty failed to do with Night School, she did with Legacy, and then some. The characters were more memorable, the plot was absolutely thrilling, and even the love triangle wasn’t as obnoxious as last time. Quite th
Sophie
Just as amazing as book 1, if not better!

Legacy begins following the aftermath of Night School, with Allie on the run from people trying to hurt her. She immediately returns to Cimmeria, but because of everything that has already happened, she, quite rightly, is confused on who she can trust, and who is out to hurt her. The events of Legacy ramp up the action we already saw in Night School, making the series much more enjoyable and full of suspense.

Allie really starts to come into her own in thi
Kristy
OK, so before I go on my praise fest I just have to say that this was really a slow-starter for me.... I think it was pretty much my fualt, becuase I had to mentally rewind and remember the last book. But, once I got my head in the game, it was on like Donkey Kong! I fell back in love with Allie, Rachel and (especially) Sylvain. Carter drove me insane and I will just say I was happy when the inevitable happened!

If I wasn't clear enough up there, I am 100% team Sylvain... but I typically pick the
Lia
ΑΠΛΑ ΥΠΕΡΟΧΟ! Απο τα βιβλία που δεν σταματάς να διαβάζεις μεχρι την τελευταία σελίδα. Αγωνία, συναίσθημα, δολοπλοκίες .. Περιμένω πως και πως το τρίτο βιβλίο.
~Tina~

I quickly fell in love with C.J Daugherty debut novel, Night School. It has everything I adore in an escape; mystery, action, romance and thrilling characters. It also has this brilliant quality of being crazy consuming! I couldn't wait to see what Daugherty had in store for these characters next and I'm happy to say that Legacy turned out to be another favorite.

Legacy starts off with Allie on the run from men in suits who are chasing her through the London streets. Soon she finds refug
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το "Νυχτερινό Σχολείο" της C.J. Daugherty το οποίο και κυκλοφόρησε λίγους μήνες νωρίτερα από τις εκδόσεις Μεταίχμιο, ήταν -το λιγότερο- μια μεγάλη και συνάμα, μια εξαιρετικά ευχάριστη έκπληξη για μένα. Παίρνοντάς το στα χέρια μου, και παραπλανημένη από το εξώφυλλο και την μυστηριώδη περίληψη, είχα πιστέψει πως επρόκειτο για την αρχή μιας ακόμα σειράς εφηβικής φανταστικής λογοτεχνίας. Ξεκινώντας να διαβάζω, λοιπόν, και όσο η ιστορία προχωρούσε, αμφέβαλλα όλο και περισσότερο για το ότι ίσχυε κάτι ...more
Liz
"Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point."

Everything changes for Allie.
She enters the Night School. She finds new friends and loses old. She finds out that the Cimmeria Academy has more secrets than it seems and that Nathaniel has his people everywhere.
In the Night School Allie has to learn to understand when people lie and how they do it, but she does not quite like it because knowing that her closest friends lie to her is painful.

So does Sylvain. So does Carter. And even Allie
Jessica
I don't like love triangles *pouts*. Even if they're well done, which this one is, it was still painful. It felt very real and I guess that's how things go but still... :-(

As for the rest...almost as awesome as book 1. :) I loved how you never knew who to trust.
Kass Anderson
Oct 11, 2012 Kass Anderson marked it as to-read

I can't wait OMG I will finish it in a day :) OMG OMG YAY YAY YAY
In fact I don't think I have words to how I felt when I saw there was a
Sequel, let's just say I squelch with excitement
Nic
So good!!! Even better than the first installment. These characters still drive me crazy though. Review to come when I can I think of way to write a review without spoilers.
Lisa
Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

Night School was easily one of my favourite reads of 2012, and although Legacy isn't quite as good, I still found myself loving it. Daugherty's writing is addictive as always, and you'll pass a large handful of hours reading this without even realising it. Upon starting, I immediately connected with the characters I loved so much again and it was like the year-long wait never existed.

When Allie Sheridan went back to London for the holidays, she di
mary
Το «νυχτερινό σχολείο» ήταν για μένα μια πολύ ευχάριστη έκπληξη καθώς δεν περίμενα να μου αρέσει τόσο πολύ, πόσο μάλλον να θέλω να συνεχίσω και με τα επόμενα της σειράς. Το δεύτερο βιβλίο λοιπόν ήταν για μένα ακόμη μια έκπληξη, μιας και ήταν το ίδιο καλό με το πρώτο.
Η Άλι μετά τα γεγονότα του καλοκαιριού επιστρέφει για τη νέα σχολική χρονιά στην Κιμμέρια Ακαδημία γνωρίζοντας πλέον ποιοι είναι οι δεσμοί της με αυτό το μέρος.Οι εκπλήξεις όμως δεν τελειώνουν εδώ μιας και η Άλι θα γίνει δεκτή στο Νυ
Crystal

Oh my brain hurts! This second installment of the Night School series was beyond entertaining, but has left me with so many unanswered questions! My head is spinning from everything we did learn and begging for more answers.

Legacy starts off with Allie being chased and let me tell you my heart was pounding! She of course gets away and for her safety she goes to live with her friend Rachel until school starts. When it does start things don't get any easier for Allie. She is behind her Ni
Celine
Review originally posted in: http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com.au/...

Cover:
Love the snowy theme of the cover and also the building that represents the academy! The red colour of Allie's hair and the font are also a good contrast to the white background.

Story:

Something dark is threatening Cimmeria Academy...

A year ago, I read Night School and absolutely loved it! The dark story about murders in an academy full of secrets was such an intriguing and exciting read I couldn't put the book down at all
Sandra
I will start my review by saying - AMAZING! This book is so amazing. I'm sure the third one in the series will be just as good. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.

I couldn't get into it in the beginning because it's been a year since i'v read the first one Night School (Night School, #1) by C.J. Daugherty, and i found it sometimes hard to remember who is who. But as i read throughout the book, i started to recognized those who i forgotten. Thank god for that! It was much more less confusing.

I'v waited so long for book 2 to come out, a
Mikka Gottstein
Das Buch beginnt rasant und hochspannend, mit einer wilden Verfolgungsjagd! Allie ist auf der Flucht vor vier geheimnisvollen Fremden in dunklen Anzügen, und diese Szenen zeigen sie von ihrer besten Seite: intelligent, entschlossen, mutig und einfallsreich wie eine junge Geheimagentin - geradezu geboren für die Night School. Oder?

Auch in diesem Band muss sich Allie in der Umgebung der geheimnisvollen Eliteschule Cimmeria behaupten, und auch wenn sie sich inzwischen besser dort auskennt, kann sie
Nikoleta
Ναι, και το δεύτερο βιβλίο κυλάει λιιιιίγο πιο αργά απ' οτι θα επιθυμούσα, επίσης τι παίζει με την Άλι και τα αγόρια της; Παρ' ολα αυτά είναι πολύ καλογραμμένο και πολύ ιδιαίτερο για να μην πω οτι το απόλαυσα!
HanaPouletta
Petit cadeau pré-vacances Qu'est-ce que j'ai eu envie de baffer Allie, mais à part ça, j'ai encore été emportée... Ce sera quand même 5 étoiles - pour le moment ! ...more
Caoimhe Griffin
Jul 29, 2012 Caoimhe Griffin marked it as to-read
I CANNOT WAIT I LOVED NIGHT SCHOOL AND FOUND IT RATHER ORIGINAL AHHHHHHHHHH I CANNOT WAIT <3 <3
Sandra

Eigene Meinung:

Cover: Im Prinzip ähnlich dem Vorgänger. nur eine andere Farbe. Dezent. Gefällt mir.

Inhalt/Geschichte: Ich kann nicht ganz nachvollziehen, wie dieses Buch so viele gute Bewertungen bekommen konnte. Auch schon beim Vorgänger war ich nicht wirklich begeistert. Und auch hier wirkt alles noch immer so hölzern. Der Plot erscheint sehr unrealistisch für eine Schule und Teenager. Sicherlich ist es Fiction, aber es kommen ja eigentlich keine Fantasy
Lady K
Jan 08, 2013 Lady K added it

Dans ce tome, il se passe beaucoup de choses. Mais aussi invraisemblable que cela puisse paraître, à la fin j’avais l’impression que l’histoire n’avait pas avancé, qu’on en était resté au même point. Pourtant, Allie fait enfin son entrée dans la Night School, Confrérie très privée et mystérieuse qui a pour but de lui donner les moyens de se défendre et de survivre en milieu hostile. Le danger est omniprésent, on le sent mais il est difficile de deviner d’o
Catherine (The Book Parade)
***This review was originally posted on The Book Parade***

I have somewhat mixed feelings about this book...

On one hand, when I finished the book, my initial thought was, ‘That was pretty good! ...I think I liked that even more than the first book!’ (Then again, it should probably be taken into consideration that it has been a long time since I read Night School and I can’t much remember it or how I felt about it...)

On the other hand, then, after some reflection, my second thought was that I coul
I really enjoyed Night School so I was excited to get my hands on a copy of the sequel Legacy and couldn't wait to see what would happen next in the story. After the revelations made at the end of the first book I was really interested to see how things would play out for Allie now she had learnt some of her family secrets. She certainly had an unusual introduction to life at Cimmeria Academy over the summer and the start of the new year looked set to be just as explosive. I can't fault the open ...more
Glimmerfee
Als Allie vor ihrem Elternhaus Männer auflauern, wird ihr bewusst, dass die Gefahr nicht vorüber ist und jemand hinter ihr her ist. Zurück im Internat Cimmeria, stellt sich heraus, dass Nathaniel und seine Männer einen Spion in der Schule untergebracht haben. Allie wird in die Night School aufgenommen und was sie dort lernt, wird sie auch bald bitter benötigen.

Auch der zweite Band dieser Jugendbuchreihe ist extrem spannend. Das Szenario im Internat ist bedrohlich und geschickt aufgebaut. Man da
Lisa
***CONTAINS MASSIVE SPOILER*** also a massive spoiler from Amanda Hocking's Switched series

Just like the first book, this one is amazing. Seriously my favourite series in a while! This reminds me of the love triangle in the Switched series by Amanda Hocking. Wendy ended up with Loki when I first started they books I wanted her to be with Finn but then in the last book I wanted Loki and that's who she ends up with too... And in this book I wanted her to end up with Sylvain and not Carter (lik
Lulufrances
Actual rating 4.5
Ahhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!
So I literally just finished it and I feel like I want to do all sorts of things right now.
First of all a happy dance (many of them involved with this book - first I did one when my bookstore told me my copy had arrived, then when things got exciting, and now after having finished it and thinking that this series is amazing).
Second, I am at loss of words due to the thing with Jo at the end.
No spoilers, so I won't say what happened but if you've read
Laura.
Estos libros me encantan. Se leen rapidísimo y enganchan pero bien. Antes creo que me gustaba más Carter, ahora estoy loquita por Sylvain. El único problema que le he visto es que el final podría haberse explotado más y haber lanzado una bomba que te mantenga atento al tercer libro. Pero igualmente, ¡lo quiero ya!
Amber (Books of Amber)
I didn't like Legacy all that much, if I'm honest. My dislike for the main characters and the messages in the book really affected my enjoyment of reading it. I'm not sure what to rate it on my scale, so I'm just going to leave that blank.

Let's start with Carter, Allie's boyfriend. Carter is an abusive arsehole, and I despise him. How could such a great character turn into such... I don't even know how to describe him. I can't find the words. Every time I think about him my blood turns to lava a
Natasha(Books are my sustenance)

*mild spoilers ahead*
Better than the first and I liked it.

I dont like Allie that much.
She's with Carter and she spends 80% of the book thinking about Sylvain and being jealous.
She spends time with him and when Carter gets mad about that she's all 'you dont trust me' and she thiks he's being ridiculous(Im sorry but isnt Sylvain your ex and did you forget the 'incident' Allie? Of course he's mad and rightfully so.)
Sylvain did redeem himself in this book though. I dont have anything against him.
The
  • Les cendres de l'oubli (Phænix, #1)
  • Der Sturm (Das Tal Season 1, #3)
  • Undone
  • Die Verratenen (Die Verratenen, #1)
  • Logan und Gwen  (Das verbotene Eden, #2)
  • Hidden Among Us (Hidden Among Us #1)
  • Türkisgrüner Winter (Kirschroter Sommer, #2)
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Die goldene Brücke (Zeitenzauber, #2)
  • Cruel Summer
  • Der Nachtwandler
  • Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde, #5)
  • Wörter durchfluten die Zeit (BookLessSaga #1)
  • Dead Romantic
  • Storm and Stone (Struck, #1)
  • Dead Silent (Poppy Sinclair, #2)
  • Dark Canopy (Dark Canopy, #1)
  • Princess Princess: Volume 2
International bestselling author C. J. Daugherty is a former newspaper reporter and crime writer. Her Night School series has been translated into 21 languages, and has been the number 1 best selling young adult novel in Germany, Poland, France, and Israel, topping charts in countries around the world. She writes in her home in the south of England, where she basically lives on coffee.

Find out mo
More about C.J. Daugherty...

Night School (5 books)
  • Night School (Night School, #1)
  • Fracture (Night School, #3)
  • Resistance (Night School, #4)
  • Endgame (Night School, #5)
Night School (Night School, #1) Fracture (Night School, #3) Resistance (Night School, #4) Endgame (Night School, #5) Il segreto del bosco. Night School: il prequel

“But everybody still walked in eggshells around the two of them, trying not pick sides, though loyalties were inevitably divided.” 1 likes
“But everybody still walked on eggshells around the two of them, trying not pick sides, though loyalties were inevitably divided.” 1 likes