Start by marking “Sailing Faith: The Long Way Home” as Want to Read:
Sailing Faith: The Long Way Home

Sailing Faith: The Long Way Home

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
“You’re going to a lot of places where they don’t value human life like we do.” That was the reaction Gregg A. Granger received when sharing with other friends and relatives his plans to sail around the world with his wife, two teenage daughters, and five-year-old son.
Prior to their departure, the Grangers’ sailing experience was limited to one week aboard a charter in Fl
Paperback
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Sailing Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sailing Faith

Aaron Kleinheksel
Nov 28, 2016 Aaron Kleinheksel rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel
I really enjoyed this. Gregg is not a professional writer and I was (I admit) skeptical at first. Rest at ease. This book is a terrific memoir of a family's experiences as they circumnavigate the globe on a sailboat from 2004-2007. They mostly avoid the more touristy areas on their journey, making their experiences in the different places they visit far more interesting and rewarding. Gregg actually may have a hidden talent for writing w/ what I thought was a very engaging and humorous style. ...more
Pegweaver
Jul 23, 2012 Pegweaver rated it really liked it
What a great read! Sailing Faith chronicles a family adventure that most of us will only dream about. The tale that is "Sailing Faith" seemed like something so unlikely and surreal, that I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from the book.
What I got was several hours of pure enjoyment!
The writing style is easy and pleasureable to read. Not only did I learn about places that,in a few cases, I've never even heard of... I also got personal glimpses at the peoples, the cultures, and the land of th
Gregg Granger
Jul 22, 2012 Gregg Granger rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As the author of this book, perhaps this review is somewhat biased. I'm proud of this work, nonetheless.
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Tad Foley
Tad Foley rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Larry Preston
Larry Preston marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
While raising two teenaged daughters and a young son with his wife, Gregg A. Granger was inspired to change course. In 2003, Gregg and his family boarded their sailboat, purchased for this purpose and with slight previous sailing experience, and spent the next 4 1/2 years sailing around the world.
Gregg is gifted with his hands–a requirement for such a venture–and managed to keep s/v Faith operatio
More about Gregg A. Granger...