Start by marking “The Mixed Girl Memoirs: When the Sun Runs Black” as Want to Read:
The Mixed Girl Memoirs:  When the Sun Runs Black

Read Excerpt

The Mixed Girl Memoirs: When the Sun Runs Black

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
What’s done in darkness always comes to light…

James Spicer is a British film director whose squeaky clean image is the result of years hiding his drug addiction. Andrea DiSenzo is a young woman whose deep rooted problems gave her reason to not trust many. They both are madly in love with Faith Snow, a woman who has no clear idea of what (or whom) she wants in life.

Does Fai
Published August 15th 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Mixed Girl Memoirs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mixed Girl Memoirs

Andd Becker
Oct 01, 2012 Andd Becker rated it really liked it
Remi Cain cautions the prospective reader to cease reading if "sexual themes, objectionable language, and behavior" are offensive. Used to excess, the sex is unshocking. Used to excess, the profanity is unshocking. The drug behavior is neither shocking nor unshocking, just self-destructive.
Now get to the story. The author writes well. No extra words. The point of view is alternating 1st person self-reflective narratives of the three major characters.
The plot creates fast-paced action throughou
Lourdes
Nov 15, 2012 Lourdes rated it really liked it
I loved this story! I usually stay away from contemporary fiction because of the character's life problems that seem all too real. Reading for me has become an escape of sorts from 'real life' and things that don't fit into a box with a pretty bow used to make me want to scream, "Will their heartache ever end?" But the author made this book work for me.
James and Faith are perfect for each other, there was no need for innocent back stories, it shaped who they are to each other and their love jump
Becca
Oct 11, 2012 Becca rated it it was ok
Shelves: modern-us-lit
Thanks to goodreads and the author for this First Reads giveaway!
First of all, I find the present tense to be an odd choice for adult literature, and doubly so considering the title claims this to be a fictional memoir. Memoirs in the present?
The writing, aside from the tense, is awkward, mixing spare prose with over-the-top, exaggerated descriptions.
All that being said, bravo for tackling controversial themes without fear and without dressing them up in language meant to cover up the scandal.
Dilys
Jan 24, 2013 Dilys rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Wow what a great novel this has a mutitude of scenario,s & keeps the reader transfixed. Drugs, traffiking,friendship, raucous sex plus plenty of twists & turns. Plenty of really intriguing characters. A most enjoyable book & as with most novels today there is a follow up, which I hope will be just as exciting, am waiting with anticipation. WON THIS ON GOODREADS GIVE-AWAYS.
Toby
Oct 22, 2012 Toby rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Great book. Won it in the First Reads Giveaways - thanks!
Nita Lopez
Jan 04, 2014 Nita Lopez rated it really liked it
I know the author personally and was impressed with the story that unfolded and how it was presented. The author is very talented and I will continue to support her writing and her talent. All that aside, I enjoyed the book very much and will definitely read the next one in the series.
Nat
Dec 01, 2014 Nat rated it it was ok
I received this book as a GoodReads first-read giveaway.

The Mixed Girl Memoirs for me started off strong, I was hooked, didn't want to put it down. Found the characters engaging, realistic.

Then about half way through I started struggling with where the story was going, I also became disengaged from the characters and only finished the book because I am one of those people who finishes a book regardless if I am engaged or struggling.
Mona
Feb 26, 2013 Mona rated it it was ok
I received this book with the first reads program but try as I did, I couldn't get through the first fifty pages. The language is rude, perhaps essential to the plot, but not to my taste. Certain intimate scenes too were overplayed.
Jun 04, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
This book has a little something for everyone. It is very gritty and real and you can feel the pain and the passion in the characters. I thought it was great!
Aja
Aja marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Madgedx
Madgedx marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Briana Goldson
Briana Goldson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Susan Hannah
Susan Hannah marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Jordyn Wiggins
Jordyn Wiggins marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Lg
Lg marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Adrienne Strother
Adrienne Strother is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2013
Naine
Naine marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Flavia
Flavia marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Steven Mccuan
Steven Mccuan marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
John Helsdon
John Helsdon marked it as to-read
Karine
Karine marked it as to-read
Audrey Page
Audrey Page marked it as to-read
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Chasity
Chasity marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Hmm... Not my normal read. 1 4 Oct 06, 2012 12:49AM
  • Feline Lovers
  • The Name of the Game
  • Soul Trapper
  • Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)
  • Fast Friends: Reunion
  • A Stolen Season
  • Beluga (Nick Reid, #2)
  • The Great Hollywood Double Hustle
  • Secret Teddy Society: Breaking The Code
Characterized by a passion for writing, style, and steam, Remi Cain blends edge-of-your-seat life experiences with an unrelenting love for music and pop culture to create contemporary stories. As a multicultural author, Remi has the unmatched ability to take readers to places seen through the eyes of unique characters with gritty story lines.

REMI LIKES: writing, reading, listening to music, turquo
More about Remi Cain...