The Key of Elyon

The Key of Elyon (The Key Guardian Journals #1)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An ancient book, a secret key and a mysterious king lead Stephen and his grandfather on the adventure of a lifetime.
Published June 1st 2012 by Diamond Key Press (first published May 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Key of Elyon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Key of Elyon

Charlie Plunkett
I was recommended this book by a friend and eagerly downloaded it. I was instantly drawn into the amazing story author Charmain Zimmerman Brackett has created. Most of which is seen through the eyes of 12 year old Stephen and his grandfather John, known affectionately to Stephen as Papa. When Stephen falls into a magical, illuminated book and discovers the palace of the King of Elyon he sets in motion an epic tale of perseverance over adversity and love winning the day.
This book has such broad a...more
Monilarac
Author Charmain Zimmerman Brackett takes the reader on a fantastic journey and brings amazing life to her characters!

I was sucked into the story and could visualize the scene as if I had "fallen into" the book myself! Tragedy, loss, love and triumph all make appearances within these pages. It is a wonderful read, and I couldn't put it down. I am impatiently tapping my foot while waiting for the sequel to be released!

I enjoyed this book so much, and feel there are several wonderful "life lessons"...more
Rebecca Larsen

4.5 Star

A well written story somewhere in-between the fantasy and sci-fi genres.

With a battle looming between good and evil, I was sucked into the story. I love how well all of the characters interact with each other. Charmain gives a new meaning to the adage "Take an adventure, read a book."
Christy
The bad news is that it took me several chapters to get into this book, but the good news is that it was because it reminded me of Tolkein. (I have yet to be able to get through any of his books. They just don't fit in my head.) I got into the book around chapter 4 and enjoyed the storyline and the pacing of the book. The characters are well fleshed out, and I liked the fairy-tale feel of it.
Sandi
Nov 25, 2013 Sandi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Religious tones but a decent read. Would give it a 3.5 I won the second book as a First Reads Giveaway and wanted to know what the background was before I started it.
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Amie Doughty
Amie Doughty marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Karolinde (Kari)
Karolinde (Kari) marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Denise Cunneen
Denise Cunneen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Allison Kohn
Allison Kohn marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Mickale
Mickale marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Lee
Lee added it
Apr 11, 2013
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Cheryl Corbin
Cheryl Corbin is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2012
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Jennings Wright
Jennings Wright marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Ellen Kerr
Ellen Kerr marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Best-selling author Charmain Zimmerman Brackett won the 2014 Yerby Award for Fiction for her debut novel, The Key of Elyon. A graduate of Augusta College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, she is a veteran journalist and has written for publications such as The Augusta Chronicle, The Signal and Augusta Magazine. She received second place at the Department of the Army level in the Keith L....more
More about Charmain Zimmerman Brackett...
Elyon's Cipher Murder at Twin Oaks: A Victoria James Mystery Novella (Book 1) Elyon's Light (The Key Guardian Journals, #3) Fixed In the Tempest Murder at the Masquerade: A Victoria James Novella 2