Start by marking “Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod #2)” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Jeff Browning continues his quest to find his father in the strange new world he has discovered. His journey takes him across a savage wilderness in which danger is inescapable.

While Jeff searches for The Prophet, his friend, Artimus, faces a less obvious but just as deadly maze of political conspiracies as he tries to convince a reluctant public that the invasion he help
Nook
Published June 21st 2012 (first published May 25th 2012)

Win a Copy of This Book

• Land of Nod, The Prophet by Gary  Hoover
    Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod #2)
    Winner will receive complete, signed trilogy.

In this second book of the popular Land of Nod Trilogy, Jeff Browning continues his quest to find his fat…more
    Giveaway dates: Feb 11 - May 06, 2015
    1 copy available, 2255 people requesting
    Countries available: US, CA, and GB more
  • Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Land of Nod, The Prophet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Land of Nod, The Prophet

Annarita Guarnieri
    After reading the first book of the “Land of Nod” saga, I was left with a hunger for more, and now I finally got to read the following book, “The Land of Nod: the Prophet”.
    And it did not let my expectations down.
    While a little slow on the action side, at least at the start, it far more than compensates in the second half of the book, so much so that I could not put it down till the very last word… and again it left me with an appetite for more, and with the mystery only partially solved.
    Here Jef
    Tiamatty
    I won this as a Goodreads Giveaway. The second book in the Land of Nod trilogy is much like the first. This one does split the perspective, with one side of the story focusing on Jeff's search for his father, and the other side on Artimus trying to get the city ready for war with the pheerions. Both sides are fairly well-done and interesting. The writing style remains very simple and straightforward, and the book is a quick read. It's not a great book, but it's a pretty good middle-school-age st ...more
    Grace
    This is the 2nd book in the series and I can’t wait for the 3rd. This is a young adult book but it’s a delightful read for adults with young hearts. This author brings you into the story and makes you feel like you’re part of it. I find this series addictive and I want more.

The war is getting closer and Jeff is caught in the middle.
    Linda Hoover
    Well developed characters, great plot. looking forward to the 3rd book.
    Sherry
    Second book as good as the first. Read most of it the same day I read the first one (The Artifact). I like Gary's use of "made" up words. I love his creatures. At 68 I can safely say I enjoy reading books geared to the younger reader because my mind has always been a "what if kind" of mind. And this set of books allows your imagination to roam. His descriptions of the creatures grow in your head, I am sure mine look different than yours might. But that is the fun of it. They are kind of like tho ...more
    Asha
    Captivating.... Can't wait for the 3rd book.
    Arlene Starr
    Jan 15, 2014 Arlene Starr added it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: young adults
    Recommended to Arlene by: saw it on Amazon
    I read the Kindle edition of Land of Nod, The Prophet, which is the 2nd book in the series. I liked this book better than the first one, The Artifact. It has two parts of the story being told simultaneously in alternating chapters, one of Jeff and his friends, and one of Artimus and those helping him plus possible enemies. The story has intrigue, packed full of action and mystery. There is something questionable and possibly dangerous going on with the Governor, plotting going on to save the peo ...more
    Sally
    This carries forward the story begun in #1 of the trilogy with more of the same amateurish writing. If you got caught up in Book 1, you'll probably want to read Book 2 and Book 3, hoping for an end to the story. However, if you felt as I did that the writing was not great, you could forfeit reading the last two books without much loss.
    Mariana Farcas
    More mystery about his father and the strange creatures is back. I am onto #3 now. Great story!
    Ysgrublaidd
    I really liked the story of the first book. And this feeling didn't change with book 2. Book 2 shifts more towards Adult/Young Adult then the previous one. And thats oké with me.

This time the story isn't mostly told from Jeff's perspective. But changes to other characters too. It was refreshing. The only problem I had was the political jibber-jabber. At some points it was necessary to develop the story. But at other points it felt more like it had to be done because of the characters switch.

All
    C-shaw
    Oh boy, the sequel was just as exciting as the first one. Now on to the third and final episode!
    Lisa Vandiver
    Land Of Nod, The Prophet is book two in a three book series. I enjoyed the story as I had in Land Of Nod, The Artifact. I am glad he brought back old friends and introduced new characters to mix it up some. This book deepens the mystery surrounding his father and brings back the awesome action and strange creatures that make the story enjoyable.
    Gary Hoover is a talented writer who has done his job well in entertaining the reader and eagerly awaiting book three. I'm looking forward to reading mor
    Gary Nelson
    Solid storytelling, with good depth and character development. A few minor unexplained jumps in the storyline, but overall a very good read - I am anxiously waiting book #3!
    Lori
    Well written and easy to follow. Language will limit young readers. good si-fi material.
    Amber

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
    Mohamed Firas Bouzguenda
    Mohamed Firas Bouzguenda marked it as to-read
    Apr 19, 2015
    Teri
    Teri marked it as to-read
    Apr 19, 2015
    Joan
    Joan marked it as to-read
    Vickey
    Vickey marked it as to-read
    Makayla Owen
    Makayla Owen marked it as to-read
    Abhishek Ender
    Abhishek Ender marked it as to-read
    Holly Hawkins
    Holly Hawkins marked it as to-read
    Eleonora
    Eleonora marked it as to-read
    Lance
    Lance marked it as to-read
    Evelyn
    Evelyn marked it as to-read
    Holly
    Holly marked it as to-read
    Angela
    Angela marked it as to-read
    Andrea Gerald
    Andrea Gerald marked it as to-read
    Santosh
    Santosh marked it as to-read
    Apr 17, 2015
    • The Moon Coin (Moon Realm, #1)
    • The Secret Underground
    • Xor: The Shape of Darkness
    • The Golden Wizard (The Scrolls of Zndaria, #1)
    • Untimed
    • No Return (Jeroun, #1)
    • The Shadow Harvest (Shrouded Secrets Chronicles, #2)
    • The Ultimate Tree House Project (Project Kids Adventure #1)
    • Shakespeare vs. Lovecraft: A Horror Comedy Mash-Up featuring Shakespeare's Characters and Lovecraft's Creatures
    • DawnSinger (Tales of Faeraven, #1)
    • The Light
    • Stuttering Stan Takes a Stand
    • The Curse of Sherlock Holmes
    • y1

Land of Nod (3 books)
    • Land of Nod, The Artifact (Land of Nod #1)
    • Land of Nod, The Child (Land of Nod #3)
    Land of Nod, The Artifact (Land of Nod #1) Land of Nod, The Child (Land of Nod #3)