Double Danger (A-Tac, #6)

Double Danger (A-Tac #6)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Ignoring his instincts once cost Simon a vital op-and the life of his best friend, Ryan. Now as escalating, violent attacks hit A-Tac, another person he loves is in danger. Homeland Security agent Jillian Montgomery's investigation has suddenly brought her back into Simon's life, and unless they can learn to trust each other, their dangerous mission will fail.

After her hus...more
Mass Market Paperback, 337 pages
Published December 18th 2012 by Forever (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Double Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Danger

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellHard as It Gets by Laura KayeFighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins
Covergasms!
405th out of 903 books — 863 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth
Jillian Montgomery is a widow, her husband Ryan was killed in a secret ops. Simon was best friends with both Ryan and Jillian in college and commander of the ops that took Ryan's life. Ridden with the guilt over Ryan's death, Simon has cut all ties with Jillian. Forced back into contact by a group action between Homeland security (Jillian) and a secret ops team (Simon), they must face each other and the demons that haunt them once again.

When Jillian and Simon's lives collide the chemistry they o...more
Patricia
I just met the author, Dee Davis. She is my new neighbor! And over drinks on her lovely terrace overlooking her enchanted garden she gifted me my first DD thriller ... DOUBLE DANGER. Here I go .... More later!

Just finished this thriller. Dee's main characters Simon and "JJ" (Jillian) took me on a suspenseful, thrilling "ride" intrigued with mystery, murder and mayhem through the city of NY. From Hospital of Special Surgery where there's a helicopter crash, to lower Manhattan's South Street Seapo...more
Pattianne
Jan 17, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read
Double Danger - A-TAC #6 - (Simon and Julian)

After her husband Ryan's death, Jillian dedicates herself to saving others. She can't afford...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Shirley Frances
2.75

Double Danger is a action packed and suspenseful with a bit of romance added to the mix to make it an okay book.

Simon Kincaid is an ex- SEAL was injured on the job and now finds himself as a member of A-Tac. He feels guilty over the death of his best friend Ryan and for the feelings he's always had to Jillian, his widow. I liked Simon from the start. A no-nonsense soldier, he knows what he is good at and what he wants. But what he's always wanted, Jillian's love, can't be his. He believes th...more
Heather
Romantic suspense at its best.

Double Danger is another thrilling installment from Dee Davis’s A-Tac series and since each book is better than the last; this is another suspense filled adventure. Davis has perfected the romance suspense genre. She has written a tale that maintains the perfect balance between romance and suspense. I enjoy when the suspense does not overtake the romance, but instead complements it.

The reader is provided with one of my favorite troupes, second-chance love. The hero,...more
Maggie
4+ Rating.
Believe its two months since I read this book, anyways it was another winner for me. Like the other books in this A-Tac series, it was an exciting read with the very likable and skillful characters that make up this cleverly covered black-ops CIA unit. The plot is still connected to the terrorist organization the "Consortium," and intensified even more at a fast pace with action galore.

The start is smartly done as there is a twist about the Arabic notebook and damaged hard drive, this...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Book 6 in the A-Tac series which are CIA operatives that all work undercover at Sunderland College.

The one thing that never lacks in a A-Tac book is non stop action, along with that pesky group the Consortium (an arms cartel they have been trying to bring down throughout the series).

This is Simon's story. Simon was a Navy Seal before joining A-Tac. His last mission with the Seals went south and his best friend Ryan was killed and he was wounded. He feels a sense of guilt over Ryan's death and h...more
Rhonda
Double Danger by Dee Davis
4 STAR
Double Danger is action pack one thing after another. This a A-Tac novel. The first one
that I have read but hopefully not the last one. It does have some love scenes that I skipped over.
The characters are a mixture of good and bad guys. Men and women from different agency backgrounds working on stopping terrorist attacks.
Simon Kincaid fromer U.S. Navy Seal now working for A-tac as one of the newer agents. He is in a raid in Afghanistan but the group has already...more
Kim
Suspense. Intrigue. Action. Romance.

Dee Davis has created a dynamic team of men and women in the American Tactical Intelligence Command (A-Tac) that are extremely loyal, work well together, and truly support each other.

Simon: Ex SEAL, injured, now works for A-Tac. Haunted by his past where he blames himself for the death of his best friend Ryan and beats himself up over the fact that he was also in love with his wife, JJ.

He was a soldier. Pure and simple. And just because he could no...more
Marcia
As a Navy Seal Simon loses his best friend Ryan and is severely wounded. Unable to bare the tremendous amount of guilt and face Jillian, Ryan’s widow the object of his affection, he flees joining A-Tac. Much to his surprise he runs into Jillian years later at a hospital minutes before a helicopter crashes into the building. The crash was only the beginning in a series of suspected terrorist attacks. In order to put an end to the terrorist plot Simon and Jillian will have to depend on each other...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C+

Simon, Jillian and Ryan were best friends in college. Jillian’s heart belonged to Simon and they shared one night together before guilt, on Simon’s part, drove him away because he knew his best friend Ryan had feelings for Jillian. After Simon brushed her off, Jillian accepted Ryan’s marriage proposal and the trio’s friendship was never same. Little did Simon know that Jillian’s life was hell living with Ryan, but he vowed not to come betwe...more
Jill
~ Action *** Danger **** Romance ~

Double Danger has romance and danger in equal measures. I unfortunately read this book out of series. This is the first book of this series I've read, but I will definitely complete the full series.

As a Navy Seal Simon loses his best friend Ryan and is severely wounded. Unable to bare the tremendous amount of guilt and face Jillian, Ryan's widow Simon Joins A-Tac. Years past and Simon and Jillian meet again in the middle of terrorist attacks. Jillian is now wor...more
Kathy Davie
Pages: 248
Publisher: Forever, Hatchette Book Group, New York
Review source: Publisher
Rating: 4
Reviewed by: Kathy Davie

Sixth in the A-Tac romantic suspense series revolving around the men and women in the American Tactical Intelligence Command. The couple focus is on Simon Kincaid and Jillian Montgomery.

My Take
Well, that's certainly one way to get the girl to talk to you. Just save her life.

What a treat this story was. Good writing with Davis teasing us along about Ryan and J.J.'s issues with just...more
Anna's Herding Cats!
I'm a huge fan of romantic suspense but a really good one can be hard to find in my opinion. I've got my go-to women who are just queens of the genre and now it looks like I've added another author to that list. Hot damn! I love when that happens! This was my first book by Davis and as soon as I turned that last page I was hopping over to Goodreads to add all of the rest of them to my buy list.

Double Danger leaned more towards the suspense side than the romance side of things but I still loved i...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed for Read Your Writes Book Reviews
by: Gemini
www.readyourwrites.blogspot.com

Simon Kincaid and Jillian “J.J.” Montgomery deal with a massive hunt to stop a terrorist plot in this overwhelming romance/suspense. There is just too much going on in this book for me to truly say that I liked it but I didn’t hate it.

Simon Kincaid is an operative for a covert department within the CIA know as A-TAC. Their job is to wipeout terrorist organizations. Jillian Montgomery is the widow of Simon’s now d...more
Christi Snow
My Review:
I started this series last year, and I will be honest, it has never let me down. These books always feature great suspense and romance with a dash of danger and adventure that keeps me turning the page from page one until I get to the very end. I have a hard time putting books from this series down once I get started.

This is book #6 in the series (I have a couple....books 4 & 5 still sitting on my TBR shelf) and features a couple that have a history...as friends. Simon and J.J. (J...more
Judith
4.25 out of 5. Gosh, what can I say about a book that just keeps the reader on the thin edge of a razor blade throughout a really great romance suspense novel? I have not read but one other of the stories in this series but I really like this author's style, the way she puts her characters in connection with one another, and the fact that the tension between love and mystery is always in good balance. This is a story about a love long delayed, one that should have probably been acted upon years...more
Book Reading Gals
Title: Double Danger

Series: A-Tac bk 6

Author: Dee Davis

Genre: Contemporary/Romantic Suspense

After her husband Ryan's death, Jillian dedica...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Dealing with the sudden death of her not-so-perfect husband, Jillian decides that she’ll never be a victim again. She devotes herself to helping others and learns how to survive the biggest of odds. When her training is put to the test in a very real situation, she ends up back in the arms of someone she’s been trying to get over for years. Her late husbands best friend and deep undercover elite agent, Simon.

Guilt over his best friends death has driven Simon for years. Having to work with Jillia...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Simon, who has all these while in love with Jillian found himself in her presence after the death of her husband, Ryan. Being the best friend of Ryan and the fact that both he and Jillian shared an unforgettable night together, Simon has choose to stay away from Jillian more so when Ryan passed away. He blamed himself for Ryan’s death when they were on assignment for the navy. Unbeknownst to him, Jillian has been a victim of abused by her husband Ryan. When they met a...more
~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~
3.5

This review was posted on Under The Covers

In the 6th installment of the A-Tac series Dee Davis is at it again, this time with Simon and his story. Now Simon is no average Joe when it comes to being in battle, hell he has the scars to prove it. But when Jillian aka J.J un-expectantly comes back into his life and into the chaos the A-Tac team is in, Simon finds himself caught right in the middle of it all. Dealing with terrorists is a piece of cake, partnering with a long lost love to take the...more
Bobbie
Another great addition to the series.
Stephanie
Seriously, how has the public not figured out that these people are secret agents?!
The love story was a little more real in this one which helped to counter the completely bonkers headache inducing terrorist/consortium plot. I mean I wasn't even looking for them and plot holes were jumping off the page at me. I know terrorists are not necessarily rational people but dear god in heaven could they get any more elaborate in order to, on purpose, accomplish very little.
Dannielle
Loved it. I love this series. As always I love the books regarding the men that work for the governemnt in various agencies of the alphabet. This one had a lot of action and romance. I really love when they balance each other out. Good plot...
Melissa ownsbey
great cover
i really enjoyed it it had lots of action and it kept me on the edge of
my seat i could not put it down it was really a great booki am now a fan
i won this book on goodreads
Annie
Very fun action thriller with a dash of exciting romance in the middle of all the mayhem. I would recommend for those thrill reading seekers and as a series to look further into.
Melvina Davis
I loved this Romance/Suspense book! This is the only book out of the A-Tac series that I have read. It is a stand alone book. I can't wait to read more of this series!
The Romantic Scientist
An exciting entry to the series. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Michel Reinhard
Dee Davis delivers again in the A-Tac series. Fantastic book and can't wait for the next in the A-Tac series!
Linda Howard Book...: Dee Davis Giveaway 2 3 Jul 28, 2014 11:23AM
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops #3)
  • Chances Are (Last Chance Rescue #10)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • The Officer and the Secret (Semper Fi, #3)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4)
  • Unbreakable (Section 8, #2)
  • Trouble in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #4)
  • Dragon Mine (The Hidden, #0.5)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Ice Cold (T-FLAC #15)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
Award winning author Dee Davis worked in association management before turning her had to writing. Her highly acclaimed first novel, Everything In Its Time, was published in July 2000. Since then, among others, she’s won the Booksellers Best, Golden Leaf, Texas Gold and Prism awards, and been nominated for the National Readers Choice Award, the Holt and two RT Reviewers Choice Awards. To date, she...more
More about Dee Davis...
Dark Deceptions (A-Tac, #1) Dangerous Desires (A-Tac, #2) Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3) Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4) Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)