Start by marking “Game On (Game On #1)” as Want to Read:
Game On (Game On #1)

Game On (Game On #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  47 reviews
After swapping her small town life to work for one of the top soccer teams in the U.S, Leah Walker thought she could finally leave the ghosts of her past behind. However, when she meets serial womanizer, Radleigh McCoy, the memories of her old life come swarming back, and she is forced to ask herself whether she has really changed at all.
Published July 15th 2012 by Kyra Lennon

To ask other readers questions about Game On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game On

Ann
Jennifer Lane
Compelling Love-Hate Relationship

I love sport romances, and Game On by Kyra Lennon is one of the best. I met characters Leah Walker and Radleigh McCoy during the A to Z Blog Challenge, when Kyra posted vignettes written by them. Then I was intrigued, and now I'm happy I know these characters better.

Leah is a physiotherapist who has fled her past of bar hopping and one night stands in small town England to accept an exciting job with a Major League Soccer team in Los Angeles.

The best player on th
Clare Dugmore
I must have read this book at least 50 times, as I critiqued it for Kyra, and it hasn't lost it's magic. In fact, with each new read, I pick up on a detail I've missed, or find an new dimension to a character.

Leah is a compelling protagonist. Witty, friendly, genuine and most importantly flawed. It would be so easy to make her the perfect woman, but Kyra didn't, Leah is entirely human, believable and relatable.

Radleigh McCoy is the bad boy every woman wants to tame, but once you scratch the sur
Nick Wilford
I really enjoyed this book. While I would not typically pick up a book in the category of chick lit, human relationships are fascinating to me and this story deals with some heavy emotions which feel very raw at times. Leah is an eminently likeable protagonist and the author draws us in to share in her conflicting feelings as she undergoes various trials and tribulations at the hands of her arch nemesis, star footballer Radleigh McCoy. Will they? Won't they? Well, I'm not going to give anything ...more
M.J. Fifield
A wonderful summer beach read!

Here's the rest of the review...

A fun summer beach read. Which I actually read on a beach. It took me a very long time to understand why Leah would ever be interested in Radleigh because he spends a lot of time being a real jerk. A major jerk. And while I love a bad boy, he didn’t seem to have a lot of redeeming qualities and it made me feel that much worse for poor loveable Miguel. I liked Radleigh a little better by the end. Overall, this book offers a great chara
Christine Rains
Leah Walker leaves her miserable past behind her to find a new life in the U.S. She lands a fabulous job and gains some even better friends. She happier than she's ever been until the gorgeous Radleigh McCoy propositions her. He might be a big soccer star, but his ego is even bigger. Leah doesn't want any men like that in her life. She's determined to not let him get under her skin, but he manages to get in a lot further. When her happy world crashes down around her, Leah has to find the strengt ...more
Angie
Fun book that sucked me in right away. I had to keep reading to see if Radleigh would turn around :) It happened but not in the way I was expecting which was pretty cool. Really vibrant secondary characters. Loved them. And loved the closed door bedroom scenes (thank you, Kyra).

My only complaint were the f-words. They pull me out of the story every time--like getting doused with ice water. But I hope you know I still love you, Kyra :)
Jaybird
I loved Game On. Lennon's writing is funny, fresh and an absolute pleasure to read. I found myself laughing out loud and smiling in so many different places, I lost count. I also lost track of time, while reading this on the beach! I didn't even realize I had been sitting there for hours, my skin burning in the sun.

Check this book out if you love romance, hot soccer players and a good time.

Eileen
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Game On, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was gripping, emotional in parts and very funny. I particularly enjoyed Leah's witty thoughts and comments, and I'd take Radleigh McCoy over Christian Grey!
Elizabeth Seckman
I really enjoyed this story! Kyra's writing style is witty and the story is solid. Oh, and Radleigh? He's the kind of bad boy any girl would try to tame!
Crystal Collier
Now this is a mature book for sure, but my goodness did it have a fun dynamic.

I met the characters via the author's blog, and I totally fell for them. They had such a fun dynamic that I couldn't wait to meet them in story. Let me just say, I didn't like Radleigh initially. In fact, I was right with Leah about wanting to smack, maim or otherwise hurt that jerk. And he deserved it. BUT knowing what I did about how he would change, I enjoyed the ride and sighed when things settled into place.

This
Talli Roland
A very fun, cute and compelling read with a terrific cast of characters.
Trisha
Story:
Leah is from the UK and has moved to the US to work as a physiotherapist for an LA-based soccer team. She's good at her job and focused on it, but she has one very exasperating distraction in Radleigh McCoy, a serial womaniser who is determined to "get" her simply, she believes, because he can't handle rejection from anyone, and she's got a serious habit of rejecting him. Radleigh drives her nuts, but she starts to realise it's not just 'cause he annoys her - it's 'cause she has a crush on
Tobi Summers
When I started reading this, I didn't know how I was going to end up liking Radleigh McCoy by the end of the book. He's everything I normally despise in leading guys: arrogant, mildly obsessive, and short-tempered. In all, mostly a jerk. Yet somehow by the end, I wanted more. I wanted to know more about him, and I definitely wanted to see more of his relationship with Leah. I loved the relationships between all the characters, especially Leah and Freya and Leah and Jesse. The characters were all ...more
Annalisa Crawford
This is a great book and a fantastic read - the story between the two main characters, Radleigh and Leah, is full of more twists and turns than the average romance, and keeps you guessing. There's a great supporting cast - who wouldn't love a best friend like Freya, or bubbly distraction like Bree?

It's a fun enjoyable book - great for rainy days when there's a box of chocolates and a glass of wine at your side.

Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Oh I think I am going to love this man.

enjoyable read, I liked Radleigh
Amazeballs Book Addicts
I really enjoyed this book!! Like many other reviewers, I wasn't sure I would ever like Radleigh, but he is very redeemable. And truthfully, I actually started to like him even more than Leah, whom I really liked from the get go. While he seems like such a jerk, ok a big jerk, I really actually understand him a lot more as the story goes on. And Leah is just a fiery, independent woman who isn't afraid to say exactly what she means. I think Leah and Radleigh are perfect for each other no matter h ...more
L.G.
I got this book in the morning, and I finished it before I went to bed that same day! Kyra's writing was captivating from the start, and the humorous moments felt genuine and left a smile on my face. The characters were well-developed, and the interactions between them felt real. As the drama unfolded between Leah and Radleigh, I had to keep reading so I could see how it all played out. The secondary characters were also engaging and likable, so there were no dull moments in this book. I also ha ...more
Abby Cavenaugh
Kyra is my critique partner and I was pretty shocked when she told me she'd never been to the U.S., since "Game On" is set mostly in Los Angeles and a few other American cities like Phoenix and Boston. She did an amazing job creating a realistic world with lovable characters that you can relate to--in cities she's never even visited!

Leah, the main character, reminds me a lot of myself. She's made some mistakes in her past with men, which still haunt her. The leading man, Radleigh McCoy, is defi
Sharon l Aldcroft
Well you're supposed to be to truthful in these reviews,so here goes.
For an author I had never even heard of a fortnight ago, let alone even think about reading books like she writes(as I'm not into those sort of books),did I get a SHOCK!!

I will admit it hands down this book was read in two days - if that. I just could not put it down.
I just loved the way Leah and Radleigh are so much alike that they can't say how much they feel for one another till the very end.
As the story tells itself I found
Kim Beck
This book is a great sports romance, it gives you everything you need a romance to have while giving you glimpse into the game of soccer.
This is the first book in the series and I do hope the ones that follow are just as good. This one is based on Leah and Radleigh. a transfer from London and a egotistic soccer star. It also brings to us Freya, Will, Jesse, Bree and Miguel. Who in this book make the book just as much as the main characters. I do hope that the author writes them a book. For my fu
Caroline Ferriday
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

First off, I loved this book so much! I haven't read a book quite like this before and I don't think I will again. Kyra has such a wonderful writing style and technique that I could help but read the whole book in one session. Kyra made sure that the reader was engaged in the story and felt all the emotions each character felt. I loved Leah and Radleigh, especially the arguments.
The story was a beautiful plot of going from a hate relationshi
Debra Ashwood
This is a story of redemption of two people who have had too many one night stands in their lives. Both Leah and Radleigh have past/present types of love and leave them. She is in the US working with a soccer team as a therapist, she want to redeem her past. She was not happy with herself and her past mistakes. But due to living in a small town in UK she needs to distance her self to become a better person. She knows the type of personallity that she sees in Radleigh and calls him on it, several ...more
Chanpreet
This book was amazing right up until the end. The ending was a little ambiguous for me. I'm hoping for a sequel or novella of some sort to take care of that. Beyond that, the book was pretty much perfect. It kept me on my toes and I never knew what was going to happen next.

Besides, it was set in the world of soccer. One of my favorite sports to watch and play!
Evelyn Cuellar
La verdad es que cuando comencé esta lectura imaginé que encontraría algo bien diferente.
Creí que sería algo así como una historia de chica en un mundo de chicos, y aunque el fútbol es el punto de reunión entre Radleigh y Leah y es donde precisamente se desarrolla todo, es que la forma en que ha sido tratada esta relación no es la clásica y ya trillada de el chico malo mujeriego vs la chica que está huyendo de su pasado... Tiene sus toques de humor, odio-amor, celos... con una narrativa tan senc
I downloaded Lennon's If I Let You Go on Monday during a free promotion, and loved it so much, I decided to try Game On. I had the day off work yesterday and I couldn't put the book down! It's brilliant!
Eileen
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Game On. It was gripping, emotional in parts and very funny. I particularly enjoyed Leah's witty thoughts and comments, and I'd take Radleigh McCoy over Christian Grey!

Leigh
Love this book! I couldn't put it down. I had to see what would happen next and see if Radleigh would smooth the ego enough to win the girl. Such a fun book to read, I'm ready for more from Lennon!
Kathryn Mckendry
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Right from the start, the back and forth antics of Leah and Radleigh sucked me in and I couldn't put the book down until the end.
  • Kick It Up
  • Life on the Edge (Edge, #1)
  • Player's Ultimatum
  • Taking Charge
  • Insight (Shadows, #1)
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Secondary Characters
  • Borrowing Trouble (Texas Trouble, #12)
  • Freedom Road
  • Holiday Fling
  • How To Quit Playing Hockey
  • Offside (Offside, #1)
  • Striker
  • Scored
  • Her Heart's Secret Wish
  • Cassafire
  • Summer Swing (Living the Game, #1)
  • For Kicks
Kyra Lennon was born on the South coast of England, and to this day, still lives by the sea. Fiction writing has always been her passion, but she also has numerous articles on a variety of topics published on prolific websites.
More about Kyra Lennon...

Game On (5 books)
  • Blindsided (Game On, #2)
  • A Very Game on Christmas (Game On, #2.5)
  • Sidelined (Game On, #3)
  • Play On (Game On, #4)
If I Let You Go Nobody Knows (Razes Hell #1) Blindsided (Game On, #2) Sidelined (Game On, #3) A Very Game on Christmas (Game On, #2.5)

“Okay, on my first night, he tried to chat me up. You know how the story goes. ‘You have the most beautiful eyes, I’m very rich, want to see my bedroom?’ Blah, blah, blah.”
“And because you turned him down, he’s more determined than ever,” Will guessed, with amazing accuracy. “You did turn him down, right?”
“Of course,” I told him, insulted by the insinuation I would drop my knickers for a glass of wine. “Do you think I’d risk my job for a quick tumble in the sheets with him?”
0 likes
“It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t fair that I’d stumbled across the kind of man I used to find irresistible, or that he’d managed to stare right inside my head to locate my weaknesses. The thrill of being wanted while pretending not to be interested was a game I’d played over and over during my youth. I’d thrived on it. I’d done more than my share of getting mixed up with men who were all ego and muscles, and Radleigh McCoy reminded me exactly why I’d given them up. Danger, the chase. It was never worth the pain in the end.
Unfortunately, my body hadn’t got the memo yet.”
0 likes