Start by marking “From Slavery to Freedom (Darkness and Light, #2)” as Want to Read:
From Slavery to Freedom (Darkness and Light, #2)

From Slavery to Freedom (Darkness and Light #2)

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Can a caged human learn how to be free, and break down the bars imprisoning a demon’s heart?

Malachi has spent centuries as the bodyguard and head security guard for Andor, a master vampire. He’s never concerned himself with the humans around him, seeing them as lesser creatures. It isn’t until Andor falls in love with a human, that Malachi begins to see some value in them.
Published July 23rd 2012 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about From Slavery to Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Slavery to Freedom

So I gave this second book in the series a shot, I wasn't a big fan of the first but the blurb drew me in. I liked this one better than the second, but I still gave it two stars... Why?? It had its good points, the slow build of Malachi and Doll's relationship, the recovery and growth of Doll in his freedom, the glimpses into Andor and Sven's relationship from the first book. Those parts were interesting. There was no huge over-arching conflict in the story, just a continuation of the first book ...more
Shiloh Saddler
Mar 29, 2013 Shiloh Saddler rated it it was ok
I didn't read book one and though I'm tempted, I just do not care enough about the characters to do so. The blurb for this book drew me in. I love stories where abused people find someone to love them. Unfortunately, I found Andor and Sven annoying - Andor is a spoiled control freak and Sven came across as very girly.

But this book was about Malachi and Doll's relationship even though Andor and Svyn's relationship also took up a big chunk of the book. I liked Malachi. Chase did a good job explain
Liz
Oct 28, 2015 Liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing

Writing mechanics aren't bad and the erotica, while not out of the ordinary, is serviceable. However, there's just too many inconsistencies with characterization to recommend. When reading this genre, you know there's gonna be 'healing' sex and unrealistic instances-love but this story pushes it too far. No attempt to chart a growth arc or provide any even partially understandable rationale for any of it. Minimal effort would have raised this to a decent read.
Ambre
Jul 23, 2015 Ambre rated it it was ok
This a could have been an interesting story, but it wasn't developed past the sex and none of the characters were likeable at all. The idea of rescuing a person who had been mistreated for life could have been great but instead the author just transitioned directly to romance (because a person raped and abused for years is going to have any idea what that's about, right?). I haven't read the other stories, but this appears to be a whole seriea about toxic relationships and how hot they are.
~SexyBookWorm~
Nov 14, 2012 ~SexyBookWorm~ rated it liked it
First of all...when did Andor get so annoying? He wasnt even half that annoying in book one!
But something that was true to book one was that tis book draaaaaaggged! The story line is good and held potential but after the first 1/4 of the book it took work for me to remain interested. There would be spots of light that kept me hanging in there but all in all it just needed MORE.
Btw...since when do you spend over ten years as a mentally emotionally and physically abused sex slave and end up havi
Emily
Sep 12, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it

This is an intriguing series. I love the new and interesting take on vampires and demons. I absolutely love Doll, aka Damon, and I’m still hoping that Andor and Malachi get some more humanity and human understanding, because they are seriously lacking in that department. But, even though Malachi is lacking, he’s still adoringly romantic at times and a hero. So, while he frustrates me, I still like him. I can’t wait to see which characters will be in the third book (if there is one), and
Rachel
Jul 31, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really loved this...I loved the progression of Doll and Malachi's relationship and I liked seeing Andor and Sven again. (view spoiler)

Overall, fun, sexy, sweet read, another great one from one of my favorite authors.
Shawnie Nicole
Jan 17, 2014 Shawnie Nicole rated it it was ok
I don't know how I feel about this book, honestly..
CB
Sep 03, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining! The second book in the series and I hope there are more! I recommend reading the first book in the series - it is worth it and this one would be confusing without it.

I definitely could read more about all these characters! Hot, sexy, different - fascinating reads that are very hard to put down!
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Maya
Jul 29, 2012 Maya rated it liked it
2.5 Stars
Aya Garcia
Aya Garcia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn added it
May 20, 2016
Kathrine
Kathrine rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Sephony
Sephony marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
BlaBla
BlaBla marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
P.w. Rusie
P.w. Rusie rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Chase wells
Chase wells marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Elynor
Elynor rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Ella
Ella rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Marija
Marija rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2015
STACIE
STACIE rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...

Darkness and Light (2 books)
  • Out of Light into Darkness (Darkness and Light, #1)