Start by marking “Birthright (Residue, #2)” as Want to Read:
Birthright (Residue, #2)

Birthright (Residue #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,065 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Book Two of the Residue Series...

Jameson and Jocelyn know their love is forbidden, but that doesn't end their feelings for each other. Because of it they are in incredible danger. Now, with their enemies watching - ones who pose a far greater threat than anyone they've ever encountered - they have no choice but to hide the truth. As Jameson and Jocelyn face the prospect of
Published July 14th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Birthright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birthright

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInescapable by Amy A. BartolCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutIntuition by Amy A. Bartol
Best Supernatural Series
174th out of 757 books — 751 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
books ive read in 2012
127th out of 159 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley
Yay, I didn't have to pull an all nighter. ....it's only 245 ;)

this was good! I can't say that it's worse or better than the first book. That's okay. I'd rather it be on the same level than worse than the first book.

I really liked getting to know the characters more. We see a different side to both Jocelyn and Jameson, a much stronger and more powerful side. Their relationship in this book was sad....they aren't allowed to be together because of a higher power and then it's because of a prophecy
Katinki
Really enjoying this series.

I like the world, the characters, and the conflict. And it was great to see Maggie and Eran :D I miss those guys! I like all the intrigue and the villains are starting to be a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed the addition of Theleo.

Overall, since Fallen, I think the author's writing has improved. It's still a little awkward at times and I'll say that for whatever reason, the latter 75% of this book was much better than the first 25%, writing-wise. For example, she
Mandy
Laury Falter made me an instant fan with the Guardian trilogy. When Residue came out, I read it and instantly fell in love with the book and characters. I was highly anticipating Birthright and it did not disappoint. The pacing was wonderful and I loved the development of the connection between Jocelyn and Jameson. It's also great seeing Maggie and Eran again, since I wasn't ready to say goodbye to them after the Guardian trilogy. All around a fantastic read that I couldn't put down. Can't wait ...more
Ally || the Inkblot ||
Laury Falter, you genius you. Five stars all around because I adored this book, with my only complaint being our dear Jocelyn. But I'll talk about her later.

In the second installment of Residue, we are still in our lovely New Orleans, and the magic is in the air. Literally. It's everywhere. We get more insight into the Vires, the Sevens, and (shocker) the corruption of the Sevens. If you read Falter's Fallen then you will love the merging of the two worlds in this book. It's tons of fun. The voo
Lisa
I love strong woman characters and Mrs Faulter has delivered that in every book.
Daphne
Sep 19, 2012 Daphne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Birthright is an excellent addition to the Residue series. I absolutely love this book. This series is about Witchcraft, forbidden love and an unwanted birthright.

Jocelyn Weatherford has come to terms with the fact that spells and voodoo exist. Jameson Caldwell is her soulmate and most importantly together a very powerful couple; strong enough to defeat the Sevens.

She has a secret and keeps it from Jameson. A secret that is so heartbreaking that ending her relationship seemed like her only optio
Scorpeyna  Blue
UGHH..The book annoyed me to the max. I had to DNF it because it was too boring, too cheesy ( I don't mind the idea of being a soulmate but it was too over-the-top here) and the unnecessary and meh details bothered me. Jocelyn was'nt a likeable character and Jameson was too plain. Overall,the plot is too dull to my liking.
Stephanie Plummer
Love these books

Ready, so ready for the next one!! I am enjoying Ms. Falter's style and will be reading more of her work.
Aleta V Howard
Awesomeness

This was an excellent book in the series. I can't wait for the next one. Starting number three tonight!!!!
Great
Alison
3.5 stars.

I like this series, though I feel like it's more meant for young teens/pre-teens to read. It doesn't seem 'old' enough for the older teens or new-adults. It did have some editing issues. I felt myself at times wishing that the character (main) would listen to me, lol. I also kind of wished that the book felt like it was 'older'/for older teens than for younger. I am not sure what exactly made me feel like this or if I'm the only one.
I will continue the series.
Samantha
I loved this series. I didn't really want to read it at first when I realized it was a witch series but it sucked me in. The love story is so sweet but sometimes infuriating because of the chatracters hang ups but it wouldn't last very long if it all fell into place. Read their whole series in less than a week and would read it again!
Amy
Jocelyn and Jameson and destin to bring down the Seven but Jocelyn's birthright says she'll have to kill Jameson. Yet another roadblock for these two. They are forced into some intense lessons by the best voodoo practitioners in the world and it cannot come soon enough.
Ami
I liked #2 a lot better. Really liked how the story was told through the housekeepers & I think Jameson is a fun romantic lead. I will read the next 2 books but just need a break from this writing style for a bit.
Bev
Nov 06, 2012 Bev added it
OMG!!! I just finished Savior (book 3) and am anxiously awaiting the next in the series. Thanks Laury for yet another fabulous series, PLEASE keep the books coming!
Veronica
eh..It started off well this series, but I do not much like how it turned, and the main character has started to annoy me, both of them.
Carlee
awesome!!! Love Laury's books...now to wait for the next one, long sigh....
Sasha Enge
awesome! love this series! I think I found a new favorite writer
Michelle Louise
Great author look forward to more of her books in future!
Shannon Hertz
Fantastic series! Can't wait till the next one!
Ravyn
Awesome! Can't wait for the next one!!
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:37AM
  • Forgiven (The Watchers, #3)
  • Revelation (The Guardians, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Angelic (Angelic, #1)
  • Chosen (Stained, #3)
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • Autumn Storm (The Witchling, #2)
  • Foretell (Wanderlove, #2)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
  • Scorched Treachery (Imdalind, #3)
4061922
Laury Falter is a bestselling author of young adult romantic suspense and urban fantasy. She has three series out: the Guardian Trilogy, the Residue Series, and the Apocalypse Chronicles.

Find out more news and information about Laury and her novels on her:
Website: www.lauryfalter.com
Twitter page: twitter.com/LauryFalter
Facebook page: facebook.com/pages/Laury-Falter/19603...
More about Laury Falter...

Residue (4 books)
  • Residue (Residue, #1)
  • Savior (Residue, #3)
  • Prophecy (Residue, #4)
Fallen (Guardian Trilogy, #1) Eternity (Guardian Trilogy, #2) Reckoning (Guardian Trilogy, #3) Residue (Residue, #1) Savior (Residue, #3)